It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by LyteCycle

In the Ancient Egyptian measurement system, the Eye Of Horus defined Old Kingdom number one (1) = 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64, by throwing away 1/64 for any rational number. Eye of Horus numbers created six-term rounded-off numbers. The Old Kingdom definition has dropped a seventh term, a remainder 1/64, that was needed to report exact series. During the Middle Kingdom that included the eleventh through fourteenth dynasties, exact series definitions and applications were often written by 6-terms, or less. The Egyptian fraction notation scaled to volume unit remainders to 1/320 hekat. For example, the Egyptian Mathematical Leather Roll, the RMP 2/n table and the Akhmim Wooden Tablet wrote binary quotients and scaled remainders. The metaphorical side of this information linked Old Kingdom fractions 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64, to separate parts of the eye.

The "Eye of Horus" fractions were further discussed in the Egyptian Mathematical Leather Roll following elementary definitions that built the Egyptian fraction system. Weights and measure subunits of a hekat were also connected to Eye of Horus numbers in the quotient, and as an exact remainder, the remainder including an Egyptian fraction and a ro unit, correcting the Eye of Horus 1/64 roundoff error. The ro unit, 1/320 of a hekat, is cited in the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus and applied in the medical texts, i.e. Ebers Papyrus in two ways. The first replaced the hekat by a unity, 64/64 (in RMP 47, 82 and 83), and the second by 320 ro (in RMP 35–38). Exact divisions of 64/64 by 3, 7, 10, 11 and 13, written as 1/3, 1/17, 1/10, 1/11 and 1/13 multipliers, are also found in the Akhmim Wooden Tablet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the clarification. Makes more sense now

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hmmm, when you look at it as the fractional sum approaching 1 as the denominators approach infinity, it becomes extremely akin to Zeno's Paradox!! That's kinda cool!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by LastProphet527

"You humans" ?

As if you are not human , right?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
Well, Thanks for that, as I now know not to read any further into your posts.
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶
er, whatever you pretend to be.

I dunno what he is, but I'm a purple chiten!

Forgive my ignorance, but I dont get it.

Just an imaginary alter-ego for the sake of enjoyment and playfulness

I just have to remember, it's "child-like" not "childish"

It's also a LOT of fun on facebook!!!

edit on 13-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

You remind me of this guy here down towards the bottom~
lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Renegade2283

So your saying TV and electronics are preventing us from being Immortal?

The Great Pyramid of Egypt/ first wireless computer connected to other pyramids around the world is what blocks the frequencies of immortality.

That is why no glyphs or writing was found on the great pyramid and that is why it was completly finished, it was a time in which humans had no word of mouth or back breaking work, not just Egypt, allll around the world.

lol,but when humans learned to write and draw,they told a story of the back breaking work on all the other pyramids as so back breaking the rest never got completed or looked as good as the first.

You have to remember, out of 4.8 billion years of earth…language just…one day fell out the sky’
lp527
Every animal on earth is born with language and communication from birth’ humans had to learn it’ some where in time…in time.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

Honestly your reasons for your theory could be more easily explained by the ancient alien theory. Language may have just fallen out of the sky, or more flew.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
everything everywhere is a code of some sort that is true enlightenment.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

"You humans" ?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶

I dunno what he is, but I'm a purple chiten!

Forgive my ignorance, but I dont get it.

Just an imaginary alter-ego for the sake of enjoyment and playfulness

I just have to remember, it's "child-like" not "childish"

It's also a LOT of fun on facebook!!!

Ah I see. So its kinda like what furries do. Only some of them get a little carried away.

Never thought of it that way, but kinda... in the "cyber-sense" I suppose. ...
But the chiten is extremely popular on facebook and it's great stress relief! Always positive and supportive though and just downright cute

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You remind me of this guy here down towards the bottom~
lol

Very cool! Never saw that before! That's a mighty fine lookin chiten there!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Renegade2283

So your saying TV and electronics are preventing us from being Immortal?

The Great Pyramid of Egypt/ first wireless computer connected to other pyramids around the world is what blocks the frequencies of immortality.

That is why no glyphs or writing was found on the great pyramid and that is why it was completly finished, it was a time in which humans had no word of mouth or back breaking work, not just Egypt, allll around the world.

lol,but when humans learned to write and draw,they told a story of the back breaking work on all the other pyramids as so back breaking the rest never got completed or looked as good as the first.

You have to remember, out of 4.8 billion years of earth…language just…one day fell out the sky’
lp527
Every animal on earth is born with language and communication from birth’ humans had to learn it’ some where in time…in time.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

Honestly your reasons for your theory could be more easily explained by the ancient alien theory. Language may have just fallen out of the sky, or more flew.

Textor more flew.

your correct,or embedded.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I do not understand. Sorry I am just confused as to what you are trying to say.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

hmmm, when you look at it as the fractional sum approaching 1 as the denominators approach infinity, it becomes extremely akin to Zeno's Paradox!! That's kinda cool!

I just looked that up. I see exactly what you mean. It does seem to be what is at hand here, especially Achilles and the tortoise and the dichotomy paradox.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yeah right. I suppose the mathematicians had to make it appear that way. There is reference to it being something to do with math over a thousand + years later than the eye of Horus was created. People see what they want to see and also what they know. It doesn't mean what they see is right though. Math could have used parts of the popular eye to get people interested in math later, showing that things can be taken apart into smaller pieces. Hollywood and the governments around the world often used ancient symbols and words to attract people to their creations too. Why should mathematicians be restricted.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I just looked that up. I see exactly what you mean. It does seem to be what is at hand here, especially Achilles and the tortoise and the dichotomy paradox.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

It seems the same concepts are recycled with each "age" and taken in different directions by each. Interesting.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Yeah right. I suppose the mathematicians had to make it appear that way. There is reference to it being something to do with math over a thousand + years later than the eye of Horus was created. People see what they want to see and also what they know. It doesn't mean what they see is right though. Math could have used parts of the popular eye to get people interested in math later, showing that things can be taken apart into smaller pieces. Hollywood and the governments around the world often used ancient symbols and words to attract people to their creations too. Why should mathematicians be restricted.

so now Math is a conspiracy theory too?

Math is one of the oldest forms of communication and there is debate as to which came first, math or language. It's something that's open to everyone, everywhere and is above and beyond the conspiracies. It's the oldest of the sciences and the most absolute. Granted, people can manipulate statistics for the general public that doesn't understand the concepts, but there are always people from every walk of life that do understand the concepts, so it's not something that can be manipulated on a mass scale without anyone being able to prove it's truth or falsehood.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

reply to post by NewerBeing

I don't really think that at all. Humans let our people starve, we go to war, rape each other, and feel elitism towards our own and every other species on Earth. We are pretty much chimpanzees with the ability to create and understand complex languages.

I agree with NewerBeing. We are the master species, and I'm not going to feel sorry for it. If we keep advancing technologically, violent behavior will drop.

So which technological advance will stop violent behavior?

There's no no specific piece of technology or a date as to when we will be advanced enough. Most violence happens because of need and opportunity. Technology is the solution to our needs. The more we advance technologically, there will be less and less need for violence.

I'm saying that this is something that's not going to happen for a very long time.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Math is one of the oldest forms of communication and there is debate as to which came first, math or language. It's something that's open to everyone, everywhere and is above and beyond the conspiracies. It's the oldest of the sciences and the most absolute. Granted, people can manipulate statistics for the general public that doesn't understand the concepts, but there are always people from every walk of life that do understand the concepts, so it's not something that can be manipulated on a mass scale without anyone being able to prove it's truth or falsehood.

Your on ATS, what did you expect

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

"You humans" ?

lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶

Oh how nifty, I've been "Immortalized" I mean, amazed, at what I think might very well be immortal twins.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Your on ATS, what did you expect

ahhhhh point taken!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

reply to post by NewerBeing

I don't really think that at all. Humans let our people starve, we go to war, rape each other, and feel elitism towards our own and every other species on Earth. We are pretty much chimpanzees with the ability to create and understand complex languages.

I agree with NewerBeing. We are the master species, and I'm not going to feel sorry for it. If we keep advancing technologically, violent behavior will drop.

So which technological advance will stop violent behavior?

There's no no specific piece of technology or a date as to when we will be advanced enough. Most violence happens because of need and opportunity. Technology is the solution to our needs. The more we advance technologically, there will be less and less need for violence.

I'm saying that this is something that's not going to happen for a very long time.

I disagree. I believe a good chunk of violence occurs because of greed. Want not need.

It is the people who simply want more for themselves and less for everybody else that are the cause for a good amount of violence. The violence caused by need has slowly gone down over time, while the violence caused by greed has gone up.

So in the future it will be greed that will need to be abolished in order to prevent violence. I am sure there will be new technologies that will help us fight this as well, So I dont disagree that technology can be good, but I disagree that most violence is caused by need.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I do not understand. Sorry I am just confused as to what you are trying to say.

He could be speaking in a mathematical code you know.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

He could be speaking in a mathematical code you know.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join