It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I'm with ya.

Only beat ya to it by a few minutes. lol

Glad to know I'm not alone though.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

The Ancient Egyptians believed the heart was the seat of the soul
However the forerunner of it's religion IE Philosophy spoke of the soul quite differently and had no physical location in the body apart from the the mind
The mind being a way of communication with the source
The Source or Creators mind being the Cosmos
IE the Cosmos being the thoughts of it's Creator
The Cosmos being an Image of the Creator
The Sun being an image of the Cosmos
Humanity being an image of the Sun

Also this Philosophy spoke of the pursuit of science in it's many forms IE Mathematics Physiology etc
Stating that this pursuit of knowledge leads to a humble but ecstatic reverence of the Creator and it's Creation

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Knowing all the things they did, and were capable of.. You honestly think they never dissected a brain? Really?

Well,in reference to mummification,you see.

Never said they didn't open up a skull and examined the contents intact.
Just a clarification.

Peace
K

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Ahmose

Knowing all the things they did, and were capable of.. You honestly think they never dissected a brain? Really?

Just a clarification.

Peace
K

It is just an assumption the Ancient Egyptians saw the pineal gland the same way as some here do
In their funereal rituals they removed the internal organs and placed them in Jars
In the funeral wall paintings of "The coming Forth by Day" mistranslated by westerners as "The Book of the Dead" In this journey of the soul to the afterlife It is the heart that takes precedence.
It is the heart that is weighed.
Their Original Philosophy however was not into dissecting body's believing the Guts and innards were placed there for for an aesthetic reason
Though some curious one's may have done so.
The pineal gland in itself is not held up as somehow sacred for the brain itself does not make thought but receives it and the activity seen by science is the affect of this and not the cause

edit on 13-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The eye of Horus, or the 'eye' of anything back than, delt with ,and delt with only, that the eye can be munipilated or reconstucted to see........

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

The eye of Horus, or the 'eye' of anything back than, delt with ,and delt with only, that the eye can be munipilated or reconstucted to see........

Interesting theory there RealSpoke.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

reply to post by Ahmose

Just a clarification.

Peace
K

It is just an assumption the Ancient Egyptians saw the pineal gland the same way as some here do
In their funereal rituals they removed the internal organs and placed them in Jars
In the funeral wall paintings of "The coming Forth by Day" mistranslated by westerners as "The Book of the Dead" In this journey of the soul to the afterlife It is the heart that takes precedence.
It is the heart that is weighed.
Their Original Philosophy however was not into dissecting body's believing the Guts and innards were placed there for for an aesthetic reason
Though some curious one's may have done so.
The pineal gland in itself is not held up as somehow sacred for the brain itself does not make thought but receives it and the activity seen by science is the affect of this and not the cause

It's also just an assumption that they did not see the pineal as "some here do".
Perhaps they did see it as "some here" are recently discovering, and perhaps they even understood it far better than we. They might have known as much about it as we do, plus a great deal more.

Most of what you said seems like nothing but 'assumptions'.
As is the case with much of our current "understandings" of ancient knowledge and practices.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Says who? lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

Just a clarification.

Peace
K

Clarity is good.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Sorry but you are making assumptions where is your evidence of this
There is nothing I have seen or read in my study of Ancient Egyptian Philosophy and History that ever mentions the Pineal Gland if you can provide something concrete I will gladly reconsider this connection you are making.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Even though it's a common theory that they pulled the brain out through the nose before mummification, they also had a LOT of battles. I'm sure in some of those battles, some heads were sliced open and the brain was exposed. Also, they didn't have much ...respect... for the lower classes and could easily have "experimented" on them, dissected them, whatever.
I don't know any of this for sure and haven't researched it, just throwing it out there.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Says who? lol

Says your Déjà vu

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I think you dig The eye of Horus because it has something to do with the color green. upload.wikimedia.org... Dig, 5?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tinman67

We do not need ancient aliens, the human brain is more than capable.

Doesn't really matter what we "need", it only matters "what actually happened".

And fact of the matter is, no one actually knows what happened. We all pretend and elicit fantastical images in our minds in the attempt to know.
But we cannot possibly know, we can only imagine.

What are the limits to imagination?
What are the limits to ignorance?

I have researched this topic for years, asked countless questions, sought many expert opinions and questioned those too. I still learn more everyday, a lot more.
These are some real legit mysteries.

There are many hard questions that have not been sufficiently answered yet.

I am open to all sorts of possibilities and hypothesis. But know that none of them are solid, none are fully backed, many remain on the table in juxtaposition after significant debates.

Well it sure seems like you have more knowledge into the matter then your average ATS member. So I ask, what do you believe?

Surely you must have a thought on what you believe is the truth behind our creation. I understand that its nearly impossible to know for sure. However, since you have been researching this for years, and I have not, I would like to know if I am in anyway on the right path.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Another interesting thing about the Eye of Horus is that each portion supposedly represents the "six" senses (actually not sure if intended, but interesting nonetheless):

Downward Stem = Touch ("touching" ground it is rooted in)

Loop Stem = Taste (flowering out of stem, like fruit of plant)

Pupil = Sight (obvious reasons)

Inner Eye = Smell (pointing towards nose, and kinda shaped like one)

Outer Eye = Hearing (pointing towards ear, and shaped like a horn or musical instrument)

Eyebrow = "Thought"

www.aloha.net...

Also, everyone here owes it to themselves to read the phenomenal book A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe: Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science by Michael Schneider (Tinman67 actually posted a video of the author describing Egyptian Math on the first page).

It's flat-out one of my all-time favorite books, and covers stuff like the proportions of the Eye of Horus, to the golden ratio, to the I Ching, to octaves, to architecture, to mythology and far beyond. Just an amazing, comprehensive, entertaining and informative book.

I recommend the purchase:

www.amazon.com...

But it can also be found online in its entirety here:

issuu.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
oh my..

i just realized there is the golden ration embedded in the eye of horus...

how come the Egyptians knew about that

Im not to knowledgeable when it comes to math. However, I do know that the golden ratio plays a role in the Fibonacci sequence.

For some reason, I see great importance in the Fibonacci sequence, probably because of its compliance with nature. So, if you could somehow connect this to the Egyptians, that would be significant, I think

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

Great video! Love that author/presenter. Posted a link to his fantastic book in my post above.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deometer

Very interesting thought. Seems probable that the symbolism would represent that, but what does that mean in regards to the mathematics, if any.

Thanks for the reference, I will be sure to pick up a copy. Im not very knowledgeable in mathematics, so this looks like a good way to learn of how it shaped ancient mythology..
edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Well it sure seems like you have more knowledge into the matter then your average ATS member. So I ask, what do you believe?

Surely you must have a thought on what you believe is the truth behind our creation. I understand that its nearly impossible to know for sure. However, since you have been researching this for years, and I have not, I would like to know if I am in anyway on the right path.

That's a good question. I will share my personal insight with you about this.

Belief is based entirely upon faith and assumption when there is a lack of evidence.
Knowing is based upon direct observation and experience.

Beliefs are almost certainly going to be found incorrect, if even partially. That is the most common pattern in history, that we discover our "beliefs" were wrong. So this is a clear warning to me that I should be extremely careful with my "beliefs" and attempt to temper them through questioning them and attempting to fact check them.

It is inevitable that you will come across ideas or claims that you will mentally reject outright for no reason other than that we have been programmed by society to reject such notions/suggestions. This is a critical aspect because we must be careful to avoid rejecting things outright based purely upon our "belief" not agreeing with it.

Questioning one's own beliefs is the key to unlocking your mind from the hold they have upon you. Of course no one is perfect, no matter how hard I try every day I fall prey to more unfounded beliefs and spurious assumptions. The key here is to recognize one's own folly and bravely admit to it, than take corrective action to readjust your mental disposition accordingly.

When it comes to "creation" there are many possibilities and all of them must be considered carefully and questioned deeply.

Did we merely evolve in an isolated system? Was it aliens who came down and seeded life on Earth? Was it humans from the future or humans from Mars who did it rather than aliens? Is there a universal power which manifested everything in an instant? Or did aliens come down into an already naturally evolved system and make a few genetic alterations thus creating humans? Or is it another possibility we haven't considered yet?

Anyone can pick one of these possibilities and "believe in it", however there is also the chance they are picking the wrong answer and will end up being incorrect factually. Therefore the most advantageous position in my estimation is to simply consider all points of view, research them and question them, find correlations or clarifications, etc.

Indeed remaining open to all possibilities until individual possibilities can be eliminated through evidence or otherwise extremely convincing logical/philosophical arguments is a powerful tactic in seeking answers.

When it comes to "creation" it is exceptionally difficult to eliminate possibilities due to the lack of pertinent data. So in reality, all of these possibilities including ones I failed to mention, are on the table and are viable candidates for explanation.

Hopefully that should be helpful. Thanks for caring.

edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

It's a universal constant. So?

I'm sure many civilizations have noticed it throughout time immemorial.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join