It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LyteCycle
Hi long time lurker here

I had to post here because this really bothered me.

The eye is suppose to be 1 whole piece right?

Well if you add up all the pieces it doesn't equal 1

Proof:

1/64 + 1/32 +1/16 + 1/8 + 1/4 + 1/2
Lets get a common denominator, in this case lets use 64

1/64 + 2/64 + 4/64 + 8/64 + 16/64 + 32/64 = 63/64

Sorry but this sounds like nonsense to me. The eye doesn't even add up.

In order for it to equal 1 it has to be 64/64

Deny ignorance

If the sequence of the halves is continued, the sum is always a fraction where the numerator is one less than the denominator representing one fractional unit missing in the whole but approaches the whole as the numbers approach infinity.
Taking a big leap, perhaps it led to the philosophy that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, ie, the soul included after the formation of the parts? Interesting anyway.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
"Significant" to me is for example the discovery of the Plimpton 322.

It is "significant" because it is absolute hard proof that our institutions of academia are not entirely correct in their assumptions/beliefs.

If our own academic institutions are not factually correct, than who can you trust?

The point is that unless the academic institutions are willing to admit their faults and correct them, than we as a species are screwed because the purpose of scientific investigation and development is to prove our past beliefs wrong and to embrace new evidence if it can be verified.

The only significance here really is that our institutions have failed us miserably when it comes to upholding their supposed "mission".

Don't you think that some house cleaning is in order?

The progression of knowledge is eternal. Academia evolves with the progression of knowledge even though egos within it tend to slow the progression. That's my view anyway. i do get what you are saying, and agree with you to a certain extent. After all part of my signature is my b&#@h about the fraud of chaos theory.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Hi long time lurker here

Proof:

Deny ignorance

I agree let's deny ignorance by questioning our beliefs.

What you have revealed is actually quite interesting and startling.

Could it be possible that this is on purpose? 63/64?
What could it possibly mean if it was done purposefully?

You gotta admit, getting 63/64 is quite bizarre within itself.

Could it also be possible that our own interpretation of the values is incorrect and some of the ratios presented are not consistent with what it was originally intended to be by the creator?

There are many questions but few answers. Any speculation you may have would be greatly appreciated, as I am open to any suggestions or thoughts you may have about this eccentricity.
Thank you very much for posting and keeping this discussion going.

Lets think about it like this. 0/64, 1/64, 1/64, 2/64, 4/64, 8/64, 16/64, 32/64, 64/64. That would make more sense wouldn't it. You just add the previous numbers and the sum will be the next number

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Hi long time lurker here

Proof:

Deny ignorance

So,where did the 1/64 go?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

"You humans" ?

As if you are not human , right?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
Well, Thanks for that, as I now know not to read any further into your posts.
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶
er, whatever you pretend to be.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by muzzleflash

However, despite such a well thought out response that involved the break-down of each question, you didn't really answer my main question. What do you personally believe is the best current explanation for our creation.

I will put it in probability and odds format , from my own personal position.

I think that the odds are highest for these two possibilities:
1) Extra Terrestrials seeded life on Earth.
2) Extra Terrestrials came and manipulated already existing life on Earth.

These to me are the simplest and most basic assumptions. The requirements for such possibilities to be true are minimal in comparison to the gross complexity of requirements posed by other solutions.

Of course what we consider the odds to be are not always consistent with reality, but often times they do aid us in our quest.

I will admit that my probability ratios are entirely dependent upon my bias for having a physical scientific explanation rather than relying upon vague terminology that is so commonly found within religious explanations.

The isolated evolution theory appears to be the most popular assumption, but over time I have found countless faults and inconsistencies within. So as a result this particular hypothesis has been lowered on the probability scale significantly.

I also will admit that I tend to reject the "God did it" assumption because it isn't actually explaining HOW God did it. The Bible clearly states that to God " a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day". This reveals to me literal interpretations are fallacious to an extent.

In reality, since the Bible is quite vague, I don't see any issue with # 1 and # 2 being supported by it. It just depends on how you interpret it, and there are many varied possible interpretations.

I am just under the impression that the odds are much higher for ET intervention than for the others.
I am also open to the possibility that I am entirely incorrect and some other explanation is the truth.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

"You humans" ?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶

I dunno what he is, but I'm a purple chiten!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Now thats what I meant
. And I am also leaning toward the same theory. And I approach it much like you do. By weighing things on a scale. I do that with most things that dont have definitive answers or are opinionated.

I've, also noticed that one of the best ways for me to grasp creation is to stop, relax, and think after each large session of absorbing information. I just think while listening to music or enjoying the beauty of nature. Every time I just look at things as broadly as I possibly can, Aliens or intelligent intervention in our past seems to be evident.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

lol, Purple Chitens are cool!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I say all this because of something that I found out about the computer chip and slavery.

So here, I am in the rabbit’s hole and I asked. Why did you create slavery?

Because in the 1800s a man will have found a space ship and that space ship will change your matrixe in an split instance. This is not something we wanted to do, but we had to do. That one space ship leads to 80 % of the high advanced technology that you have today. To make along story short prophet. Germany would have had the only nukes on the entire planet.

One race would have had gunpowder, another race would have had bows and arrows and one nation with nukes. We had to have slavery; it was a must to mix the races up across the earth so one race would not dominate the world as one race.not just for the hitler event but for all future events.

Nevertheless, the war with Germany still happened.

Destiny can only be changed but so much

Can you imagine the slave matrix had somthing to do with the computer matix on the evloved tree branch of technology...well,see ya later lil dude.i have beenplaying in a 2 week tournament playing a game called 'Civilzation'just entered the nuke age,i know im going to get nuked by the freaking mongols and whos ever playing China and freaking fracking England.they have been constantly on my as every since stone age,so i can imagine what they are about to do,it starts at 11:00 im late,talk to you later.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

lol, Purple Chitens are cool!

I'm also a ninja, but don't tell anybody, they get jealous!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Now thats what I meant
. And I am also leaning toward the same theory. And I approach it much like you do. By weighing things on a scale. I do that with most things that dont have definitive answers or are opinionated.

I've, also noticed that one of the best ways for me to grasp creation is to stop, relax, and think after each large session of absorbing information. I just think while listening to music or enjoying the beauty of nature. Every time I just look at things as broadly as I possibly can, Aliens or intelligent intervention in our past seems to be evident.

Oh definitely. We all need to take time and reflect and ponder things.
Once you stop reading for a few minutes and start really thinking solo about it (or discussing with a like minded friend in person), you will start having all sorts of amazing connections and very hard questions.

Stepping back is a very critical part of the process. You are absolutely right.

Also something I noticed, is that a lot of really good ideas will hit you when you are going to the restroom (because that is a moment where your mind is isolated and reflecting while you take care of biological functions).

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

"You humans" ?

lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶

Forgive my ignorance, but I dont get it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ah, So you're a kid.
That explains it.

Lol, Peace

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Now thats what I meant

Once you stop reading for a few minutes and start really thinking solo about it (or discussing with a like minded friend in person), you will start having all sorts of amazing connections and very hard questions.

Also something I noticed, is that a lot of really good ideas will hit you when you are going to the restroom (because that is a moment where your mind is isolated and reflecting while you take care of biological functions).

Wow. Thats exactly what I was trying to say, I just didnt have the words to say it as well as you did

edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Now thats what I meant

Wow. Thats exactly what I was trying to say, I just didnt have the words to say it as well as you did

edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

I feel you on that.
He often speaks my own thoughts far better than I can manage to. lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

"You humans" ?

lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶

Just an imaginary alter-ego for the sake of enjoyment and playfulness

I just have to remember, it's "child-like" not "childish"

It's also a LOT of fun on facebook!!!

edit on 13-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LyteCycle

In the Ancient Egyptian measurement system, the Eye Of Horus defined Old Kingdom number one (1) = 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64, by throwing away 1/64 for any rational number. Eye of Horus numbers created six-term rounded-off numbers. The Old Kingdom definition has dropped a seventh term, a remainder 1/64, that was needed to report exact series. During the Middle Kingdom that included the eleventh through fourteenth dynasties, exact series definitions and applications were often written by 6-terms, or less. The Egyptian fraction notation scaled to volume unit remainders to 1/320 hekat. For example, the Egyptian Mathematical Leather Roll, the RMP 2/n table and the Akhmim Wooden Tablet wrote binary quotients and scaled remainders. The metaphorical side of this information linked Old Kingdom fractions 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64, to separate parts of the eye.

The "Eye of Horus" fractions were further discussed in the Egyptian Mathematical Leather Roll following elementary definitions that built the Egyptian fraction system. Weights and measure subunits of a hekat were also connected to Eye of Horus numbers in the quotient, and as an exact remainder, the remainder including an Egyptian fraction and a ro unit, correcting the Eye of Horus 1/64 roundoff error. The ro unit, 1/320 of a hekat, is cited in the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus and applied in the medical texts, i.e. Ebers Papyrus in two ways. The first replaced the hekat by a unity, 64/64 (in RMP 47, 82 and 83), and the second by 320 ro (in RMP 35–38). Exact divisions of 64/64 by 3, 7, 10, 11 and 13, written as 1/3, 1/17, 1/10, 1/11 and 1/13 multipliers, are also found in the Akhmim Wooden Tablet.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

"You humans" ?

lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶

Just an imaginary alter-ego for the sake of enjoyment and playfulness

I just have to remember, it's "child-like" not "childish"

It's also a LOT of fun on facebook!!!

edit on 13-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

Ah I see. So its kinda like what furries do. Only some of them get a little carried away.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

So your saying TV and electronics are preventing us from being Immortal?

The Great Pyramid of Egypt/ first wireless computer connected to other pyramids around the world is what blocks the frequencies of immortality.

That is why no glyphs or writing was found on the great pyramid and that is why it was completly finished, it was a time in which humans had no word of mouth or back breaking work, not just Egypt, allll around the world.

lol,but when humans learned to write and draw,they told a story of the back breaking work on all the other pyramids as so back breaking the rest never got completed or looked as good as the first.

You have to remember, out of 4.8 billion years of earth…language just…one day fell out the sky’
lp527
Every animal on earth is born with language and communication from birth’ humans had to learn it’ some where in time…in time.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join