It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Man they had the known universe solved bruh.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

For some reason, I see great importance in the Fibonacci sequence, probably because of its compliance with nature. So, if you could somehow connect this to the Egyptians, that would be significant, I think

You should watch the "Revelations of the Pyramids" that I posted on page one of this thread.

It clearly shows and reveals the extent to which the golden ratio is applied within the structure of the great pyramid. It is almost impossible to refute considering the obvious nature of math itself.

It's an hour 40min long but every minute of it is hard hitting and very highly informative on the subject.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by Renegade2283

It's a universal constant. So?

I'm sure many civilizations have noticed it throughout time immemorial.

So? Official "history" is incorrect in it's postulations.

It was claimed the meter was discovered just 300 years ago. It was claimed the ancient Egyptians couldn't have possibly known of Pi or Phi(golden ratio). It has been clearly shown that it would be nearly impossible for them to mistakenly recreate these mathematical concepts consistently in every respect of their architecture.

The point is that history is being rewritten right now because we realize the "beliefs" of the last few hundred years in relation to antiquity are almost entirely incorrect and they need to be reevaluated and corrected.
edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

PS

This site is just bleeping cool> www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

Enjoy!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Ahmose

Sorry but you are making assumptions where is your evidence of this
There is nothing I have seen or read in my study of Ancient Egyptian Philosophy and History that ever mentions the Pineal Gland if you can provide something concrete I will gladly reconsider this connection you are making.

We're all just making assumptions here mate.
Wether it be our own assumptions, or someone else's assumptions that we've read in a book.
No one truly knows.
It's all just guesswork, assumptions, theories. and trying to make and find connections.
Anyone who tells themselves differently - or that they know for sure what an ancient culture truly did or thought is mistaken. We don't know. lol
I just don't have a problem stating that I don't really know, Unlike soo many around here who take their own beliefs or thoughts and try to state them as facts or hard evidence.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well thank you for such a complete answer. I feel I approach most things with a similar manner. I also make a habit of constantly questioning my deeply engraved beliefs. Especially the ones I want to believe in.

However, despite such a well thought out response that involved the break-down of each question, you didn't really answer my main question. What do you personally believe is the best current explanation for our creation.

I understand that you pretty much saying that you don't have an answer that your willing to commit too. So just tell me what you personally believe is the correct explanation. I understand that nobody knows for sure or really at all. So just tell me and I will absorb your answer for exactly what it is. A very well thought out opinion from someone who I can tell is probably on the right path.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hi long time lurker here

I had to post here because this really bothered me.

The eye is suppose to be 1 whole piece right?

Well if you add up all the pieces it doesn't equal 1

Proof:

1/64 + 1/32 +1/16 + 1/8 + 1/4 + 1/2
Lets get a common denominator, in this case lets use 64

1/64 + 2/64 + 4/64 + 8/64 + 16/64 + 32/64 = 63/64

Sorry but this sounds like nonsense to me. The eye doesn't even add up.

In order for it to equal 1 it has to be 64/64

Deny ignorance

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I don't think it has any mathematical significance, just symbolic. Just thought it was another interesting layer that was contained in the figure, that's all.

My pleasure! It really is an amazing book, and incredibly accessible. It helped clarify/crystallize a lot of concepts I had encountered before but never really understood (especially the I Ching). And the Golden Ratio (along with the Fibonacci sequence) is covered incredibly thoroughly, too. But, like I said, it's that and so much more. If you want, you can flip through/preview it by clicking that last link, clicking on the book page (that says "click to read"), and pressing the right arrow key.

But, yeah, definitely worth the purchase/having a physical copy on hand.

Edit: I should add that Golden Mean/Fibonacci stuff starts on page 115 of the book (which is the 142-143 panel on the issuu link)
edit on 13-5-2012 by deometer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

PS

This site is just bleeping cool> www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

Enjoy!

That is awesome thanks!

I love it when people explain math from the historical perspective.

One you learn how the discovery was made, and what methods were used to come to that conclusion, you don't just memorize the math, you actually learn it.

Most people these days just memorize to pass an exam and then dump the info right afterwards, however this is impossible to achieve if you actually learn it. Once you learn such a concept it is extremely unlikely that you will forget it unless there is brain damage or other biological issues preventing it.

That's why I love Carl Sagan and Michio Kaku (and many other great authors like them), because they not only explain how the science works, they show the history of how it was discovered and question aspects of it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

What do you mean so? The implications of a universal constant could be very significant. The better question is why is there a universal constant, at least one that plays a role on such different scales involving completely different things. It seems like it shouldn't occur at all,

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LyteCycle
Hi long time lurker here

I had to post here because this really bothered me.

The eye is suppose to be 1 whole piece right?

Well if you add up all the pieces it doesn't equal 1

Proof:

1/64 + 1/32 +1/16 + 1/8 + 1/4 + 1/2
Lets get a common denominator, in this case lets use 64

1/64 + 2/64 + 4/64 + 8/64 + 16/64 + 32/64 = 63/64

Sorry but this sounds like nonsense to me. The eye doesn't even add up.

In order for it to equal 1 it has to be 64/64

Deny ignorance

I agree let's deny ignorance by questioning our beliefs.

What you have revealed is actually quite interesting and startling.

Could it be possible that this is on purpose? 63/64?
What could it possibly mean if it was done purposefully?

You gotta admit, getting 63/64 is quite bizarre within itself.

Could it also be possible that our own interpretation of the values is incorrect and some of the ratios presented are not consistent with what it was originally intended to be by the creator?

There are many questions but few answers. Any speculation you may have would be greatly appreciated, as I am open to any suggestions or thoughts you may have about this eccentricity.
Thank you very much for posting and keeping this discussion going.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

The eye of Horus, or the 'eye' of anything back than, delt with ,and delt with only, that the eye can be munipilated or reconstucted to see........

I think you dig The eye of Horus because it has something to do with the color green. upload.wikimedia.org... Dig, 5?

When the ancients knew nothing but telekinesis and telepathy, they also had a manipulation process in which they were starting to understand, the 'Eye Concept of Realms'. It grew worldwide for some, some had it natural while others had to be taught.

They could see in the past and future…and by doing that, which is why they advanced more than other civilization. Once they learned how to see…‘what’s in front of them’ they crossed a road of religion math and other groovy things that helped there civilities be recognized and evolved into today’s events and evolved matrix that your people are in.

You have to understand the formality of the mind when TV or electronics do not block the frequencies that led you humans from immortals to humans.

Lp527..copy written May 13 at 10:23 est 4012

The sound that people hear around the world is nothing but the frequencies trying to escape… and be reborn upon this earth, as it was. It was a time in which magic carpets was used and flying chariots was nothing but flying chariots to the eyes, it was a time in which Hercules was Hercules and a Cyclops was nothing new in the time of the …..‘FIRST’

The first that breathed the first air and drunk the first water upon your planet, a time in which 20,000 men could look at 12 tons of stone and move it, with nothing but the pure elegance of mass telekinesis, a time in which man had no language of mouth, but had the ultimate language of telepathy.

A time in which the glitch comes through the matrix of earth, far spread a crossed the land. In addition, you start to have a de javu… ‘I’ve been here before moment ‘.a time in which dreams come true and you knew this would happen type of scenario!

I cant really say to much about the eye in which I’m talking about… because in the year 2148 a scientist will bring it to light…don’t want to disturb the matrix to much…to much.

Then the aliens tricked you humans once again to build a pyramid to lock the frequencies that enables you to be immortal once again, just like on mars, just like on Venus, and the other five planets, One including a moon that Once again, you have destroyed, because of the computer chip matrix, that sole purpose is yet to eat up all the planets resources that enables a planet to run.

What will happen when the earth runs out of oil?

I hope I am dead once again when that happens…that is all I am going to say. However, here is a clue…just look at all the other planets and that will pretty much sum it all up.

You humans were never suppose to go to the route and evolved matrixes of…ONCE AGAIN the ‘Chip’ computer matrix of this earth.

That is why the new book for this planet told you never to trust the serpent/alien in the garden, because the knowledge will lead you to knowledge not for the pureness of humans, as of the nature, of the original, pure humans that once walked the sands of your earth.

A time in which a man could turn a staff into a snake and part a ocean at will.. a time in which many humans had a direct connection with this creation of all creations.

You wouldn’t imagine what realm your in when your eyes are open...you wouldn’t even imagine what realm your in when your eyes are closed...you wouldn’t even imagine what realm your in when you have vivid dreams...you wouldn’t even believe me when the eyes are opened and can see in the realm of the eye of......
edit on 13-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I see. Will do. Got a lot of learning to do between that video and the book deominator referenced.

link   

If you liked that link from Renegade2283, I have a feeling you might enjoy that book I linked to on Page 3. The author covers Pythagoras (his school and a lot of his work) as well. You can check out that post if you like, otherwise here's the book in its entirety again:

issuu.com...

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So? Official "history" is incorrect in it's postulations.

It was claimed the meter was discovered just 300 years ago. It was claimed the ancient Egyptians couldn't have possibly known of Pi or Phi(golden ratio). It has been clearly shown that it would be nearly impossible for them to mistakenly recreate these mathematical concepts consistently in every respect of their architecture.

The point is that history is being rewritten right now because we realize the "beliefs" of the last few hundred years in relation to antiquity are almost entirely incorrect and they need to be reevaluated and corrected.
edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

It would only add to our knowledge about what the ancients knew. That happens all the time. I don't think it would be that "significant" if it was discovered that what Leonardo Pisano Bigollo figured out was also figured out by the ancient Egyptians. "Significant" to me is for example the discovery of the Plimpton 322.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

I just don't have a problem stating that I don't really know, Unlike soo many around here who take their own beliefs or thoughts and try to state them as facts or hard evidence.

I would call that intellectual honesty and I also strive for such. It is a difficult process but the rewards are worth it, because we might actually figure something out eventually, without being fooled by personal convictions or beliefs.

I would have to say with a outlook like this, the accuracy and validity of your thought process will skyrocket as you begin to break down the walls of false belief that we all have trapped ourselves within.

When I get up in the morning, I make it a goal to go out and break my beliefs, I want to learn how I was wrong all along and indulge within new found revelations. It is so uplifting and exhilarating to feel the chains of your own mind being removed piece by piece through personal perseverance and dedication.

Thank you for posting your analysis of the situation. Hopefully through poking and prodding we can turn the tides.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The eye of Horus, or the 'eye' of anything back than, delt with ,and delt with only, that the eye can be munipilated or reconstucted to see........

I think you dig The eye of Horus because it has something to do with the color green. upload.wikimedia.org... Dig, 5?

When the ancients knew nothing but telekinesis and telepathy, they also had a manipulation process in which they were starting to understand, the 'Eye Concept of Realms'. It grew worldwide for some, some had it natural while others had to be taught.

They could see in the past and future…and by doing that, which is why they advanced more than other civilization. Once they learned how to see…‘what’s in front of them’ they crossed a road of religion math and other groovy things that helped there civilities be recognized and evolved into today’s events and evolved matrix that your people are in.

You have to understand the formality of the mind when TV or electronics do not block the frequencies that led you humans from immortals to humans.

Lp527..copy written May 13 at 10:23 est 4012

The sound that people hear around the world is nothing but the frequencies trying to escape… and be reborn upon this earth, as it was. It was a time in which magic carpets was used and flying chariots was nothing but flying chariots to the eyes, it was a time in which Hercules was Hercules and a Cyclops was nothing new in the time of the …..‘FIRST’

The first that breathed the first air and drunk the first water upon your planet, a time in which 20,000 men could look at 12 tons of stone and move it, with nothing but the pure elegance of mass telekinesis, a time in which man had no language of mouth, but had the ultimate language of telepathy.

A time in which the glitch comes through the matrix of earth, far spread a crossed the land. In addition, you start to have a de javu… ‘I’ve been here before moment ‘.a time in which dreams come true and you knew this would happen type of scenario!

I cant really say to much about the eye in which I’m talking about… because in the year 2148 a scientist will bring it to light…don’t want to disturb the matrix to much…to much.

Then the aliens tricked you humans once again to build a pyramid to lock the frequencies that enables you to be immortal once again, just like on mars, just like on Venus, and the other five planets, One including a moon that Once again, you have destroyed, because of the computer chip matrix, that sole purpose is yet to eat up all the planets resources that enables a planet to run.

What will happen when the earth runs out of oil?

I hope I am dead once again when that happens…that is all I am going to say. However, here is a clue…just look at all the other planets and that will pretty much sum it all up.

You humans were never suppose to go to the route and evolved matrixes of…ONCE AGAIN the ‘Chip’ computer matrix of this earth.

That is why the new book for this planet told you never to trust the serpent/alien in the garden, because the knowledge will lead you to knowledge not for the pureness of humans, as of the nature, of the original, pure humans that once walked the sands of your earth.

A time in which a man could turn a staff into a snake and part a river.. a time in which many humans had a direct connection with this creation of all creations.

You woudnt imagine what ealm your in when your eyes are open...you woudnt even imagine what realm your in when your eyes are closed...you woudnt even imagine what realm your in when you have vivid dreams...you woudnt even believe me when the eyes are opened and can see in the realm of the eye of......
edit on 13-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

So your saying TV and electronics are preventing us from being Immortal?

Also, wouldn't the Egyptians still exist if they could see into the future?

However the Deja Vu thig kinda seems plausible, it being your prophetic dreams actually occuring. Sounds plausible, but I think there is some psycological reason for Deja Vu. Then again it could be made up to cover its real significance

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"Significant" to me is for example the discovery of the Plimpton 322.

It is "significant" because it is absolute hard proof that our institutions of academia are not entirely correct in their assumptions/beliefs.

If our own academic institutions are not factually correct, than who can you trust?

The point is that unless the academic institutions are willing to admit their faults and correct them, than we as a species are screwed because the purpose of scientific investigation and development is to prove our past beliefs wrong and to embrace new evidence if it can be verified.

The only significance here really is that our institutions have failed us miserably when it comes to upholding their supposed "mission".

Don't you think that some house cleaning is in order?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deometer

If you liked that link from Renegade2283, I have a feeling you might enjoy that book I linked to on Page 3. The author covers Pythagoras (his school and a lot of his work) as well. You can check out that post if you like, otherwise here's the book in its entirety again:

issuu.com...

This is more interesting I think.

The Plimpton 322 tablet contains a list of "Pythagorean triples", i.e., integers \scriptstyle (a,b,c) such that \scriptstyle a^2+b^2=c^2.

Babylonians knew the common rules for measuring volumes and areas. They measured the circumference of a circle as three times the diameter and the area as one-twelfth the square of the circumference, which would be correct if π is estimated as 3. The volume of a cylinder was taken as the product of the base and the height, however, the volume of the frustum of a cone or a square pyramid was incorrectly taken as the product of the height and half the sum of the bases. The Pythagorean theorem was also known to the Babylonians. Also, there was a recent discovery in which a tablet used π as 3 and 1/8. The Babylonians are also known for the Babylonian mile, which was a measure of distance equal to about seven miles today. This measurement for distances eventually was converted to a time-mile used for measuring the travel of the Sun, therefore, representing time.

Source en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Ahmose

I would call that intellectual honesty and I also strive for such. It is a difficult process but the rewards are worth it, because we might actually figure something out eventually, without being fooled by personal convictions or beliefs.

I would have to say with a outlook like this, the accuracy and validity of your thought process will skyrocket as you begin to break down the walls of false belief that we all have trapped ourselves within.

When I get up in the morning, I make it a goal to go out and break my beliefs, I want to learn how I was wrong all along and indulge within new found revelations. It is so uplifting and exhilarating to feel the chains of your own mind being removed piece by piece through personal perseverance and dedication.

Thank you for posting your analysis of the situation. Hopefully through poking and prodding we can turn the tides.

Ahh Thank you my friend.

You are a breath of fresh air. (as usual).

It is a difficult process for sure, but can also be very rewarding, I agree.

because we might actually figure something out eventually, without being fooled by personal convictions or beliefs.

Quoted for Truth.

Well said bro. Well said.

Thanks again mate.
Happy to be amongst you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join