It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
as I said on FB really those crop circles are enough to feed how many?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by LastProphet527

"You humans" ?

As if you are not human , right?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
Well, Thanks for that, as I now know not to read any further into your posts.
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶
er, whatever you pretend to be.

Oh nifty I've been "Immortalized."

I thought i was talking to a human .i honestly dont know what else to call him...maybe he thinks he's an alien or something,lol,or a shape shifter or something,the people here on ats...WOW!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atisha

They do destroy a lot of crops while perpetrating their little hoax :/
...or landing their alien vehicles, whichever the case may be

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Math is very old, I'm not questioning that. Use of math might predate the eye of horus but the association between the eye and math is most likely just an association. The Eye of Horus could have been around a lot longer than our evidence shows also. We honestly do not know for sure when anything was created. All we know is that things were created at the time or before our oldest evidence.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Math is very old, I'm not questioning that. Use of math might predate the eye of horus but the association between the eye and math is most likely just an association. The Eye of Horus could have been around a lot longer than our evidence shows also. We honestly do not know for sure when anything was created. All we know is that things were created at the time or before our oldest evidence.

They were a very geometrically rich people and could have constructed it with their compass and straightedge in a specific way for a specific reason. The math absolutely pre-dates them. Even if we can't know their original purpose for it, we can appreciate any new knowledge that can come from it as well as any theories formulated. We can also appreciate the artistic quality of it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by LastProphet527

"You humans" ?

As if you are not human , right?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
Well, Thanks for that, as I now know not to read any further into your posts.
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶
er, whatever you pretend to be.

Oh nifty I've been "Immortalized."

I thought i was talking to a human .i honestly dont know what else to call him...maybe he thinks he's an alien or something,lol,or a shape shifter or something,the people here on ats...WOW!

That's funny.

Btw I updated the post to be more explicit, but it was unnecessary obviously because you caught the gist of what I was saying.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

He could be speaking in a mathematical code you know.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

Aren't you off by a numerical value of 8?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

He could be speaking in a mathematical code you know.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

Aren't you off by a numerical value of 8?

Nope!! not off by 1000 at all!

10 in binary = 2 in base 10

edit on 13-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

reply to post by Renegade2283

PS

This site is just bleeping cool> www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

Enjoy!

That is awesome thanks!

I love it when people explain math from the historical perspective.

One you learn how the discovery was made, and what methods were used to come to that conclusion, you don't just memorize the math, you actually learn it.

That's why I love Carl Sagan and Michio Kaku (and many other great authors like them), because they not only explain how the science works, they show the history of how it was discovered and question aspects of it.

Ah we are on the same page of such things.

However

Most people these days just memorize to pass an exam and then dump the info right afterwards, however this is impossible to achieve if you actually learn it. Once you learn such a concept it is extremely unlikely that you will forget it unless there is brain damage or other biological issues preventing it.

I am of the opinion when it comes to math... if you don't use, it you lose it.

There are some who have the ability to retain math and other languages, because math is a language, indefinitely. They're rare a rare breed. Usually they're called savants.

edit on 13-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: of a quote box issue.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

There are some who have the ability to retain math and other languages, because math is a language, indefinitely. They're rare a rare breed. Usually they're called savants.

... or chitens

edit on 13-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You're no savant. Youz a true genus I believe.

PS You quoted my quote box mess up. You might want to correct it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That's what happens to easter eggs when they're subjected to nuclear waste I guess

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

That's what happens to easter eggs when they're subjected to nuclear waste I guess

Ok now I am really confused.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Ok now I am really confused.

This should help

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Good thread. I very much enjoyed the video below.

It shows, and is backed up by great architects and mathematicians alike that the Golden Ratio, Pi and the Speed of Light are in the dimensions of the Great Pyramid.

If it asks you to watch the first two, that's up to you, but I suggest you watch this part.

A notable part shows a line that goes from Easter Island, to Peru's ancient sites, including the Nazca Lines, to the pyramids at Giza. Even if ancient cultures, slaves, whatever you believe, built these ancient sites. It does not explain why they line up thousands of miles across the Earth, at an angle of 30 degrees to the equator. Another line intersects this line from the Mayan pyramids, to Giza, to the Pyramids in China, also, I believe. There's also a line that can be measured around the Earth that includes a plethora of ancient sites.

Very good watch all the same. Enjoy if you haven't seen.

Part 4 goes into intense math and thoroughly explains the hints left behind by Ed Leedskalnin, Coral Castle's builder, and much more that really blew my mind.

edit on 14/5/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The reason that I have grave doubts about that , at least for me personally (it may not apply for others), is because I have never forgotten anything I have ever truly learned.

For example, Pi was just an obscure mathematical concept which made no real world sense, until my science teacher showed me exactly how Pi was devised.

Basically we got a string and drew a circle, then measured the radius, and then checked how many times the radius would go around the circumference, and divided it in half. Thus, Pi. (Ratio of circumference to diameter).

I never use Pi, nor do I ever really think about it much until this thread.
However I have never forgotten how to calculate Pi by hand without any calculator, and that was almost 20 years ago.

I never had to use it, I just had to actually learn it.
And I will probably remember this until I die as well, granted I don't suffer major brain damage issues.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by Tinman67

a whole new science and theory with just his own will and reason

or maybe he had some "knowledge" of all this ancient stuff und just rewrote it...
edit on 13-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

There's a fundamental problem with what you're saying...

Which is that this is the Egyptians. They wouldn't have anyone else to take this "ancient stuff" from... Except maybe the Sumerians.

And if you're insinuating that they got the ideas from the Sumerians...
Then where did the Sumerians get it?!

The way I see it, mainstream archaeology has come to a point where the ancient past is pulling so many fast-balls, that eventually we're going to have to either assume the ancients had all kinds of knowledge and technology which we haven't given them any credit for - or that they had a source of knowledge unavailable to us today.

Whether that knowledge came from the Astronomy, The birth of a great human (Da Vinci, Einstein, etc.), or the freakin' arc of the covenant or ET intervention... who knows? Only time, and hard, down-dirty research will even be able to answer those questions - and in all likelihood, it will be a long, long time before we find out.

I hate to ruin my post like this, and I'm not insinuating these are my beliefs, because they aren't - but the Mayans did say the last ET visitation occurred in 3000 BC. And while they did mention the creator of man to be amongst them, they did specifically say "ornaments descended from the sky in heaps" in the Chilam Balam. Quite an eerie coincidence, no?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atisha

Recently, many crop circles (the ones that aren't clear fakes) have been discovered to be covered in highly-radioactive peices of subatomic metal - and I mean just covered in the stuff.

Probably not a good idea to eat those.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So I never knew this and thought it was interesting. I always thought the eye of Horus was just a piece of art

it's also a map of the limbic system of the brain... fold the brain sideways and the eye of horus shows the pineal as the center of the pupil.. .it is the eye of providence.. the eye of awakening... the planned calender of how humanity awakes as their brains produce expansion based o nit's mappings....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that it was supposed to represent the "third eye". Can't remember where I read that though, and don't know if there's any veracity in that statement.

Anyone know anything about that?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join