It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Mathematics is the language of nature, isn't it?

So it's always been here, we've just put it in a more easily understandable form.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
reply to post by Tinman67

Ok this is the real question, did he invent a math system or discover it? Considering math has always existed. Patterns can be found in anything and sometimes we give the wrong meaning to them. It may have just been an art technique to draw the symbol consistant.

Mathematics is a discovery of Natural Laws
Mathematics is a tool and can be used in many ways
Artist's use it also Musicians
Mathematics is a framework to describe with
Doubt the Ancient Egyptians invented it
It existed long before them
All discovery is but rediscovery

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm trying to imply that I think that because it is TRUTH, humans are master class. Don't second guess yourself.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

I don't really think that at all. Humans let our people starve, we go to war, rape each other, and feel elitism towards our own and every other species on Earth. We are pretty much chimpanzees with the ability to create and understand complex languages.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I've read some stuff about this before, Kinda makes sense.

It could also be a representation of~
The Pineal Gland~ Or the Center of the brain~/ Seat of the Soul/ Third Eye
Which the Egyptians were very into/interested in....

Perhaps?

edit on 13-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I don't really think that at all. Humans let our people starve, we go to war, rape each other, and feel elitism towards our own and every other species on Earth. We are pretty much chimpanzees with the ability to create and understand complex languages.

I agree with NewerBeing. We are the master species, and I'm not going to feel sorry for it. If we keep advancing technologically, violent behavior will drop.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I agree with NewerBeing. We are the master species, and I'm not going to feel sorry for it. If we keep advancing technologically, violent behavior will drop.

So which technological advance will stop violent behavior?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That is not our fault, the ancients predicted all this to happen its on the pyramids. We were all deceived by evil people, I'm not even going to bring ETs in this because humans have a great role in all this too, but we are being deceived by Evil people who want to take over the world, humans have great potential. We have the greatest minds in the universe, we've been chopped and skwered.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

A thought provoking suggestion. The Egyptians did extract the brain during the mummification process, so they were probably familiar with its structure. Star for that!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
oh my..

i just realized there is the golden ration embedded in the eye of horus...

how come the Egyptians knew about that

The geometric series 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64 from the eye of horus does not produce the golden rectangles you have shown.

You'd be looking at something more like:

or

or

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

That's really nice. I hadn't noticed that before. I have to disagree with them about the spiral being the Medulla Oblongada. If were going to pick something more important to a human, I would pick the hippocampus. It isn't labelled on your diagram, but it is a very important part of human memory function. It is called the hippocampus because some anatomists thought it looked like a seahorse:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Ahmose

A thought provoking suggestion. The Egyptians did extract the brain during the mummification process, so they were probably familiar with its structure. Star for that!

Thanks man.

Found the first image a few months back and saved it, Figured it'd come in handy sometime. lol

Yeah, they were quite knowledgeable, Wouldn't be surprised if they were more knowledgeable than us.
Well, they clearly were; in some ways, no doubt. lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Originally posted by Ahmose

That's really nice. I hadn't noticed that before. I have to disagree with them about the spiral being the Medulla Oblongada. If were going to pick something more important to a human, I would pick the hippocampus. It isn't labelled on your diagram, but it is a very important part of human memory function. It is called the hippocampus because some anatomists thought it looked like a seahorse:

Thanks.

Yeah good call.
Agreed that it's a very important part of the brain.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Didn't the Bible have "codes" in it too...?

Come to think of it, I may have just seen an image of the Virgin Mary staring back at me from my freshly squelched excrement!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would have assumed that it was based on this where nature determins the proportions and man thinks and finds the formula to rationalise it.

Golden Spiral

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67

Egyptian math is very interesting. In and of itself it can make one wonder about the whole "ancient alien" idea. Can you imagine the intelligence it takes to invent something like a math system, kind of like an ancient Newton.

I don't really think it involves much intelligence. I think it only involves a curiosity of the world around you, and a thirst for knowledge. Neither of which is thriving in today's society. Maybe that's why things are so f'd up right now.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This thread in my very opinion is way off ..

Let me give you what I belive the eye of Horus TRULY represents; as we all know, the Egyptians were a spiritual race and a purpose of enlightment and true knowledge. Something modern-man has lost a long time ago ..

Anyways, the egyptians are known for their "gods", very high beings from higher dimensions, the stand out being RA. The human brain/mind complex is very capable of seeing into higher dimensions, I'm not going to get into that here though.. Im just stating the egyptians understood the mind and reality much more clear then we (modern-man) could ever.

The Eye of horus represents the Pineal Gland in the center of the brain. Main-stream-knowledge will tell you; the P.Gland is the "seat of the soul" or whatever you would wish to lable it, its just our natural tool of tuning into the cosmos and higher perceptions if we understand how to use this tool (of course at present, we do not..) The egyptians (and hundreds of other civilizations) were a spiritual kind, understood the power of the mind, as well as how to heighten their perception, of course this is all done by the Pineal Gland, vibration/frequency and the mind.

Here is a nice picture to relate to what I am saying

25.media.tumblr.com...[/img]]Eye of Horus = Third Eye

Mainstream really blows my mind with the things they come up with ... math? Really? When you can tune into other dimensions via heightened perception, there is know need to label math, you can have all the information you wish to have. When modern-man understands and accepts this 3rd dimensional reality is just ONE of many many different dimensional reaities; then we will be in the direction as the great ancient ones

Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

The hippocampus might be a very important part of memory function so more important to a living human being, but the medulla oblongada controls a human body's involuntarily functions such as heart beating, breathing etc. All those things required to remain alive.

edit on 5/13/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

The way the Egyptians removed the brain would be in such a way that it was a bunch of mush,therefore not seeing the structure of the brain.

To mummify properly, brain tissue was nearly always removed, and this was done by inserting hooked rods (often of bronze, 25.0-30.0 cm long) into the nasal passages, perforating the cribriform plate of the ethmoid bone to provide an exit for brain tissue. There appears to have been a preference for insertion of excerebration tools into the right nostril, but left nostril placement is also seen in CT scans of Egyptian mummies. It is currently thought that the brain was allowed to decompose to a semi-liquid state prior to its evacuation from the cranium. The head and neck were probably strongly manipulated by the embalmers to speed this process. Dissociation of the cervical vertebrae when it occurs is sometimes seen as indicating damage from the brain removal process, but the patterns vary widely and need to be examined carefully. Fragmentation of the base of the skull is possibly the most reliable evidence of excerebration-related damage.

amscresearch.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

reply to post by Ahmose

The way the Egyptians removed the brain would be in such a way that it was a bunch of mush,therefore not seeing the structure of the brain.

To mummify properly, brain tissue was nearly always removed, and this was done by inserting hooked rods (often of bronze, 25.0-30.0 cm long) into the nasal passages, perforating the cribriform plate of the ethmoid bone to provide an exit for brain tissue. There appears to have been a preference for insertion of excerebration tools into the right nostril, but left nostril placement is also seen in CT scans of Egyptian mummies. It is currently thought that the brain was allowed to decompose to a semi-liquid state prior to its evacuation from the cranium. The head and neck were probably strongly manipulated by the embalmers to speed this process. Dissociation of the cervical vertebrae when it occurs is sometimes seen as indicating damage from the brain removal process, but the patterns vary widely and need to be examined carefully. Fragmentation of the base of the skull is possibly the most reliable evidence of excerebration-related damage.

amscresearch.com...

and we know this as a "fact", do we?

Knowing all the things they did, and were capable of..
You honestly think they never dissected a brain? Really?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join