Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 8
46
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
maybe they just drew the eye but because of their perception it came out that way and because the people who werent egyptians who studied the eye with different perceptions didnt see the eye but something else entirely.

people without perception can use all the heavy tools and equipment they want to build nothing will get accomplished without sight. people who say even one "egyptian" couldnt have built the pyramids and that aliens must have done it reveal the infancy of their perception.




posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
has anyone converted what the numbers reveal?



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Ahmose
 


Sorry but you are making assumptions where is your evidence of this
There is nothing I have seen or read in my study of Ancient Egyptian Philosophy and History that ever mentions the Pineal Gland if you can provide something concrete I will gladly reconsider this connection you are making.




We're all just making assumptions here mate.
Wether it be our own assumptions, or someone else's assumptions that we've read in a book.
No one truly knows.
It's all just guesswork, assumptions, theories. and trying to make and find connections.
Anyone who tells themselves differently - or that they know for sure what an ancient culture truly did or thought is mistaken. We don't know. lol
I just don't have a problem stating that I don't really know, Unlike soo many around here who take their own beliefs or thoughts and try to state them as facts or hard evidence.




edit on 13-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)


For sure the mindset of Ancient Egyptians is not known and assumptions are made
Some things are known however from ancient papyrus and artifacts etc
The heart was seen as the seat of the soul
Your response makes out that no one can know anything at all which is a form of ignorance itself
edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Maybe that's how you personally make it out,
But that isn't what I was implying. lol



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Maybe that's how you personally make it out,
But that isn't what I was implying. lol


I understand what you were implying
I was just stating information I had found - which is not personal



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose
 


Here is section of the Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead
It depicts the soul being judged in the afterlife
The scales show the heart contained in a vessel being weighed against Maat depicted by the feather of truth
The soul is led by Anubis the dog headed god guardian of the deceased soul






posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LyteCycle
Hi long time lurker here

I had to post here because this really bothered me.

The eye is suppose to be 1 whole piece right?

Well if you add up all the pieces it doesn't equal 1

Proof:

1/64 + 1/32 +1/16 + 1/8 + 1/4 + 1/2
Lets get a common denominator, in this case lets use 64

1/64 + 2/64 + 4/64 + 8/64 + 16/64 + 32/64 = 63/64

Sorry but this sounds like nonsense to me. The eye doesn't even add up.

In order for it to equal 1 it has to be 64/64

Deny ignorance


I agree let's deny ignorance by questioning our beliefs.

What you have revealed is actually quite interesting and startling.

Could it be possible that this is on purpose? 63/64?
What could it possibly mean if it was done purposefully?

You gotta admit, getting 63/64 is quite bizarre within itself.

Could it also be possible that our own interpretation of the values is incorrect and some of the ratios presented are not consistent with what it was originally intended to be by the creator?

There are many questions but few answers. Any speculation you may have would be greatly appreciated, as I am open to any suggestions or thoughts you may have about this eccentricity.
Thank you very much for posting and keeping this discussion going.




Hi guys.

This is the point of the story. In the legend, the eye was cut up and scattered across Egypt, and when it was reassembled, there was always a bit missing; No matter how much they found, they could never completely rebuild the eye how it was.

What this today gives us is a geometric series, where as the number of additions approaches infinity, the total will approach 1, but can never excede it; it's the limit used in calculus etc.

Whether they had that level of maths knowledge, or if it was just an "interesting story" to them is one of those great unknowns.

Sorry - can't give a reference to this as I am sneaking on at work, but my research was for a paper on my maths degree module on History of Maths. (how nerdy am I? History and Maths together!) and although I didn't go into details of this, it was one of the examples I gave of maths that we had "discovered" which were actually around thousands of years ago. (Egyptians also used Binary for multiplication!!)

edit on 14/5/12 by UKLionheart because: Typos :-(



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKLionheart

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LyteCycle
Hi long time lurker here

I had to post here because this really bothered me.

The eye is suppose to be 1 whole piece right?

Well if you add up all the pieces it doesn't equal 1

Proof:

1/64 + 1/32 +1/16 + 1/8 + 1/4 + 1/2
Lets get a common denominator, in this case lets use 64

1/64 + 2/64 + 4/64 + 8/64 + 16/64 + 32/64 = 63/64

Sorry but this sounds like nonsense to me. The eye doesn't even add up.

In order for it to equal 1 it has to be 64/64

Deny ignorance


I agree let's deny ignorance by questioning our beliefs.

What you have revealed is actually quite interesting and startling.

Could it be possible that this is on purpose? 63/64?
What could it possibly mean if it was done purposefully?

You gotta admit, getting 63/64 is quite bizarre within itself.

Could it also be possible that our own interpretation of the values is incorrect and some of the ratios presented are not consistent with what it was originally intended to be by the creator?

There are many questions but few answers. Any speculation you may have would be greatly appreciated, as I am open to any suggestions or thoughts you may have about this eccentricity.
Thank you very much for posting and keeping this discussion going.




Hi guys.

This is the point of the story. In the legend, the eye was cut up and scattered across Egypt, and when it was reassembled, there was always a bit missing; No matter how much they found, they could never completely rebuild the eye how it was.

What this today gives us is a geometric series, where as the number of additions approaches infinity, the total will approach 1, but can never excede it; it's the limit used in calculus etc.

Whether they had that level of maths knowledge, or if it was just an "interesting story" to them is one of those great unknowns.

Sorry - can't give a reference to this as I am sneaking on at work, but my research was for a paper on my maths degree module on History of Maths. (how nerdy am I? History and Maths together!) and although I didn't go into details of this, it was one of the examples I gave of maths that we had "discovered" which were actually around thousands of years ago. (Egyptians also used Binary for multiplication!!)

edit on 14/5/12 by UKLionheart because: Typos :-(


I think you are confusing the Ancient Egyptian Myth
It is the Myth of Osiris who's body was cut up into 14 pieces and scattered across the world
Isis his consort found 13 pieces and put Osiris back together - However the missing was the Penis of Osiris
I wont go into the details of the Myth as it is long winded.
The symbol of the eye has many interpretations though.
Yes Pi is found contained in the maths of the Great Pyramid as is the known speed of light as well as many aspects



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here's a page with a "calculator" for the eye of horus.
It shows you the symbol for all possible fractions.

gwydir.demon.co.uk...



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UKLionheart
 


Apologies you were confusing the detail of two separate myths though they are related
Horus sought revenge for the murder of his father Osiris
Indeed the eye of Horus was plucked out by Set
Though it was not cut into 14 pieces
It is interesting to note the idea of losing an eye is in many Myths
Such as Odin
Then there is the saying ascribed to Jesus
If thy eye offends you then pluck it out
Also the famous bust of Nefertiti consort of Akhenaten
One eye is missing and this is a purposeful motif
The idea is that that "The Evil Eye" is part of our dual nature IE good and evil
So to see truth the evil eye is plucked out metaphorically speaking
Thoth restored Horus's eye but you have to understand that all gods and goddesses represented natural laws and were all aspects of oneself - the initiate of those Mystery Schools



edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tinman67
 


We do not need ancient aliens, the human brain is more than capable.


Doesn't really matter what we "need", it only matters "what actually happened".

And fact of the matter is, no one actually knows what happened. We all pretend and elicit fantastical images in our minds in the attempt to know.
But we cannot possibly know, we can only imagine.

What are the limits to imagination?
What are the limits to ignorance?

I have researched this topic for years, asked countless questions, sought many expert opinions and questioned those too. I still learn more everyday, a lot more.
These are some real legit mysteries.

There are many hard questions that have not been sufficiently answered yet.

I am open to all sorts of possibilities and hypothesis. But know that none of them are solid, none are fully backed, many remain on the table in juxtaposition after significant debates.



Thanks very much for dropping a bit of sober wisdom here Muzzleflash...

It gets a little annoying to listen to folks who can't think beyond a convenient concept. Gets a little tiresome having the fact that we breath and can walk without falling all the time attributed to ancient aliens... But that's History Channel 2, and some posters out here for you.

Would love to know answers like you, and wish you much luck on your continued queries and investigations.

Thanks,

Saintly Unca Dan



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tinman67
 


We do not need ancient aliens, the human brain is more than capable.


Doesn't really matter what we "need", it only matters "what actually happened".

And fact of the matter is, no one actually knows what happened. We all pretend and elicit fantastical images in our minds in the attempt to know.
But we cannot possibly know, we can only imagine.

What are the limits to imagination?
What are the limits to ignorance?

I have researched this topic for years, asked countless questions, sought many expert opinions and questioned those too. I still learn more everyday, a lot more.
These are some real legit mysteries.

There are many hard questions that have not been sufficiently answered yet.

I am open to all sorts of possibilities and hypothesis. But know that none of them are solid, none are fully backed, many remain on the table in juxtaposition after significant debates.



Thanks very much for dropping a bit of sober wisdom here Muzzleflash...

It gets a little annoying to listen to folks who can't think beyond a convenient concept. Gets a little tiresome having the fact that we breath and can walk without falling all the time attributed to ancient aliens... But that's History Channel 2, and some posters out here for you.

Would love to know answers like you, and wish you much luck on your continued queries and investigations.

Thanks,

Saintly Unca Dan


If it wasn't for A.A. I probably would of never learned about Chris Dunn's pyramid concept and waking me up to the fact that the pyramids plain and simple could not of buit the pyramids with out the use of high tech tools and incredible MATH system. Plus the Gatenbrinks door:
www.gizapower.com...


Chris is on the fence about :aliens building the pyramids even though there IS evidence of swirl marks around statues and stone structures that of high speed drills. And of course the MATH to do all that has to be accurate.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by DJW001
Not a math problem, per se, but perhaps a mnemonic. Star and flag for posting something about Ancient Egypt that is actually true.


Yes mnemonic is probably the most accurate term, I agree.

The people who created the structures which many of these icons are depicted upon were mathematical geniuses. More so than most modern people are today, by a long shot.

Do you remember the interesting information about the discovery that the ancient Egyptians knew about and used the meter measurement?
You all gotta watch this documentary, it was very hard hitting.
Mind blowing.

"The Revelation Of The Pyramids"
edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)


Tell you what I spotted from watching this video, it's probably nothing but worth pointing out perhaps so I made this picture to show what I'm talking about, the sites of all the ancient pyramids from Easter Island, Peru and Mexico on the left to China on the far right, with Giza in the center. Mark out a similar shape to Horus, sort of.




posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I think you are confusing the Ancient Egyptian Myth
It is the Myth of Osiris who's body was cut up into 14 pieces and scattered across the world
Isis his consort found 13 pieces and put Osiris back together - However the missing was the Penis of Osiris
I wont go into the details of the Myth as it is long winded.
The symbol of the eye has many interpretations though.
Yes Pi is found contained in the maths of the Great Pyramid as is the known speed of light as well as many aspects


OOh - you're right! I wasconfusiing it with the story of Set stabbing Horus in the eye! Don't tell my uni tutor - I got a first for that essay!! :-s

The geometric progression limit of one is still true though!



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UKLionheart
 


Lol - It is all part of one story - It starts off the Bad guy Set Killing the good guy Osiris who chops him up
Isis gets the missing Penis problem sorted and has a baby by her dead hubby Osiris this baby is Horus who kicks Sets ass for killing his Dad basically

edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


he still lost an eye and was given a magical one by his uncl. the guy who mentioned the ritual rebirth of ausar in relation to heru's eye... still stands does the eye represent the perfection of the eye stricken or the eye given.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've researched the eye of Horus extensively and this is my conclusion....




realmdeity.wordpress.com...





Thoth and the Human represented by the Ape. The Ape uses the Eye of Horus (the third Eye) to look at Thoth. The Eye of Horus is the Pineal Gland, the Seat of the Imagination in the Brain.

hans.wyrdweb.eu...





edit on 14-5-2012 by tricky1111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by tricky1111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by tricky1111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2012 by tricky1111 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tricky1111
 

Very interesting. Thank you for posting this

I knew that I had read somewhere about it representing the third eye.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


You're no savant. Youz a true genus I believe.


PS You quoted my quote box mess up. You might want to correct it.


That's what happens to easter eggs when they're subjected to nuclear waste I guess



It sounds like you are hinting to your working in a nuclear power plant near and or around the storage pool for storing spent fuel.

If so that's a dang GOOD JOB! 100k+



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tricky1111
 


God is a communication. This communication is with other humans and with other beings of this world. It is also a communication with beings not of our comprehension. This is through the Pineal gland. The eye or Horus or the eye of Ra.

People know of this communication and have studied it immensely throughout history. They try to suppress it so they can control us. All attempts have failed to control it but their ability to shield it from us have not failed. By calcifying it with fluoride, an Ion that can bring metals across the blood brain barrier they have effectively disrupted the communication or conscience.

This communication also interacts with our junk DNA switches to help us crave antidotes for the toxic effects of all foods. Without this knowledge we become dependent on the controllers in order to survive. It is a communication between the conscious and subconscious.

This is a conspiracy that is many years in the making and I am not sure who has started it. I can't tell if it is bad or good yet because the intention seems to be to drastically reduce the Earth's population and there is a lot of good in that. I suppose it all depends on what happens to me and my family in my case. I cannot do anything about it anyway. This is an Alchemical ploy to reduce the effectiveness of peoples immune system responses causing people to miss-respond to bacteria and other parasitic things that are natural. This will seem like a plague with some people being immune. I understand that I will probably not survive, but that's life, I cannot live forever unless I can find some of the nectar of the gods.
If I find that nector I'll probably wind up being perceived as a cruel and evil god because I feel the survival of the earth supersedes the survival of mankind.

Your research on the Eye of Horus is not yet complete if you want to know more. The information is yours to research because without researching it yourself you will never believe it.





new topics

top topics



 
46
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join