It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by PurpleChiten

You're no savant. Youz a true genus I believe.

PS You quoted my quote box mess up. You might want to correct it.

That's what happens to easter eggs when they're subjected to nuclear waste I guess

It sounds like you are hinting to your working in a nuclear power plant near and or around the storage pool for storing spent fuel.

If so that's a dang GOOD JOB! 100k+

Nah, nothin like that, just being silly... nuclear waste making a giant chicken from an easter egg dyed purple ...comic book style

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Will those big chickens eat us
Well, I'm sure a 600 lb chicken would taste good with sweet baby ray's and beer.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Will those big chickens eat us
Well, I'm sure a 600 lb chicken would taste good with sweet baby ray's and beer.

I use my powers for good, not evil

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
reply to post by artistpoet

he still lost an eye and was given a magical one by his uncl. the guy who mentioned the ritual rebirth of ausar in relation to heru's eye... still stands does the eye represent the perfection of the eye stricken or the eye given.

Yes he lost an eye doing battle with Set who was his true Uncle - Set being bother to Isis and Osiris.
It was Thoth who gave him a replacement eye - The eye representing the knowledge of Thoth holder of all knowledge as He is the mythological scribe who was there when the Cosmos was born he also has a Female counterpart in some versions
Bur religion distorted the original Philosophy as a way of gaining power and prestige - same old story

edit on 14-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by DJW001
Not a math problem, per se, but perhaps a mnemonic. Star and flag for posting something about Ancient Egypt that is actually true.

Yes mnemonic is probably the most accurate term, I agree.

The people who created the structures which many of these icons are depicted upon were mathematical geniuses. More so than most modern people are today, by a long shot.

Do you remember the interesting information about the discovery that the ancient Egyptians knew about and used the meter measurement?
You all gotta watch this documentary, it was very hard hitting.
Mind blowing.

"The Revelation Of The Pyramids"

edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

WOW, I just watched that video thanks for posting; that Jean-Pierre Adams guy was a closed minded and ignorant/arrogant idiot in my opinion. I find it disturbing and even suspicious how the so called 'experts' can have such closed minds and call everything a co-incidence.

The thought of missing something important for me makes that attitude completely unacceptable and is totally counter-productive for the progression of humankind's collective understanding of our origins.

Great post OP, this has certainly opened my eye's (pun not intended).

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lioninthenorth

WOW, I just watched that video thanks for posting; that Jean-Pierre Adams guy was a closed minded and ignorant/arrogant idiot in my opinion. I find it disturbing and even suspicious how the so called 'experts' can have such closed minds and call everything a co-incidence.

The thought of missing something important for me makes that attitude completely unacceptable and is totally counter-productive for the progression of humankind's collective understanding of our origins.

Great post OP, this has certainly opened my eye's (pun not intended).

You are welcome, and I tend to agree with your assessment of the overall situation.

It is a very disturbing reality to face when you realize those in power of authority willfully ignore the obvious and attempt at all costs (suspiciously) to hide the truth.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Of course you can draw mathematical correlations from "the eye". It's a freaking eye-- nature is based on symmetry and proportions.
edit on 14-5-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by LastProphet527

"You humans" ?

As if you are not human , right?

Pretend as if you "know" all of this stuff, and now pretending you are not human?
Well, Thanks for that, as I now know not to read any further into your posts.
lol

Later ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶
er, whatever you pretend to be.

if your not human...then what are you...not understanding you little point!
edit on 14-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I always thought it looked like Pi too much to be a coincidence and thought it was a reference to sacred geometry or something similar, guess I wasn't reaching too much. Compare these to the Eye of Horus.

edit on 14-5-2012 by anno141 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm not really GETTING how this eye of Horus is used with Fractions.

Sure, the Egyptians MIGHT have used a "code" to hide important numbers. It seemed that they were trying to create a secret writing system in the first place, as only the Temple wise men could read.

But HOW are we getting a "1/2 + 1/16th of a Hecate of Wheat" from one of these pictures? I've only ever seen the Eye of Horus as one drawing -- I don't recall situations where you'd only have the eyebrow and a pupil and rest of the "hidden fractions" nowhere to be seen.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I am of the opinion when it comes to math... if you don't use, it you lose it.

The reason that I have grave doubts about that , at least for me personally (it may not apply for others), is because I have never forgotten anything I have ever truly learned.

For example, Pi was just an obscure mathematical concept which made no real world sense, until my science teacher showed me exactly how Pi was devised.

Basically we got a string and drew a circle, then measured the radius, and then checked how many times the radius would go around the circumference, and divided it in half. Thus, Pi. (Ratio of circumference to diameter).

I never use Pi, nor do I ever really think about it much until this thread.
However I have never forgotten how to calculate Pi by hand without any calculator, and that was almost 20 years ago.

I never had to use it, I just had to actually learn it.
And I will probably remember this until I die as well, granted I don't suffer major brain damage issues.

I guess I should respond even though I don't really have anything of substance to add.

Pi is a universal found in geometry. It can be a lot of fun to try and turn into a debate when people get confused between the numerical expression of pi and the constant that is a geometrical physical fact which there is no escape from. I had fun with doing just that on the "Pi: Pythagoras be Tripping" found here> www.abovetopsecret.com... I tried to have fun, but the person I was posting with was way too serious about the subject to play along.

PS

I'm going to add you to my friends list because you seem pretty cool. Is that
with you?

Btw I'm allergic to battleships, but only ones named Musashi.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I'm not really GETTING how this eye of Horus is used with Fractions.

Sure, the Egyptians MIGHT have used a "code" to hide important numbers. It seemed that they were trying to create a secret writing system in the first place, as only the Temple wise men could read.

But HOW are we getting a "1/2 + 1/16th of a Hecate of Wheat" from one of these pictures? I've only ever seen the Eye of Horus as one drawing -- I don't recall situations where you'd only have the eyebrow and a pupil and rest of the "hidden fractions" nowhere to be seen.

The theory, I think, is that they used the symbolic parts much like we use numerals (oversimplification). Instead of writing 1/2, they would use the symbolic part from the whole drawing.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I tried to have fun, but the person I was posting with was way too serious about the subject to play along.

I hear ya! I've been dealing with one of those on another thread and they take all the fun out of everything making you not even WANT to discuss it

Glad you're here on this one, I've enjoyed it very much

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

They just used the parts of the eye as symbols, the same way we use numbers. The pieces also meant words.

They'd write o (the eye circle) instead of 1/4 and so on.

This is it in written use

edit on 14-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hathor showing her sacred eye inherited from Wedjat—
depicted in the Papyrus of Ani

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I tried to have fun, but the person I was posting with was way too serious about the subject to play along.

I hear ya! I've been dealing with one of those on another thread and they take all the fun out of everything making you not even WANT to discuss it

Glad you're here on this one, I've enjoyed it very much

Hummmm a like minded man like I.

I gots ta put ya on my friends list then.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Hummmm a like minded man like I.

I gots ta put ya on my friends list then.

kewl!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
if that brain is the eye then the brain u posted has a degenerated brain

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Yeah isn't an eye hollow?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join