It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
people are so bent on in turning them towards their beliefs. Let hydro make his own choice. Pick up as many resources as you can.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
First of all, don't get discouraged by all the atheists who will flame you. They are simply afraid of the unknown - a very primitive instinct.

Now, what you are going through is not surprising to me. I have gone through a couple of those myself, to a lesser extent, but have never fully committed myself. I am in a very tight spot right now, and will be getting more involved with my church and Bible study, etc., and am hoping good things will come. A friend of mine did the same thing you are doing now, and his life turned completely around.

Regardless of how "religious" you are, I would encourage everyone to try church for a couple months. Go to one of those large non-denominational churches where everyone wears shorts and flip-flops if "church" makes you feel uncomfortable. Those places tend to appeal to younger people, as well, and the atmosphere is much more casual than say a Baptist church.

If you go regularly, you'll find that the weekly message will give you a sense of purpose and give you hope and a positive attitude that will carry you through the week, and it will make you a better person for it - even if you are on the fence about God. Tell me how atheism can do that.

Forget what he says. Pick up a bible, pick up a tor aah, pick up the Quran and study by yourself. That is the only way to get answers. It will be your answers not someone else's ideas in your head.

Eh, somewhat true, depending on how impressionable you are. Do read the Bible or whatever book for whatever church you attend, and keep an open mind as well.

I feel that the Bible, having been written by men, is subject to 'interpretation' of events by the men writing it, just as you'd get two different versions of an event from two different journalists covering it. The words end up being an interpretation of the event by the writer, however subtle. I also believe that it is highly likely that the Bible has been edited over the centuries by people in power to use as a control mechanism. I don't think it was authored for that reason, though.

I also believe that it is POSSIBLE that we are in fact a genetically engineered species put here by God, and that "God" may be a more advanced, interdimensional being. I also believe that it is possible that he's NOT that. I'm not sure what kind of Christian that makes me, but I believe we are part of something greater, and maybe we're not meant to know exactly what at this time.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Hydro, I've been a Christian a long time, and I still can't wrap my head around that one. I am still waiting for a pastor or someone to explain it to me in a way I can fully understand. All the people who've ever tried to explain it to me end up sounding like a math teacher saying "2+2=4" and leaving it at that.
I was a christian too for a long time, and I always just accepted it without question. But now that I have a different outlook on things, it doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for being honest!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

[sorry misinterpreted lol if you don't mind what is your intake in/on God?
I was a christian for 20 years or so, but I've been an atheist for about 4 years now. I do not claim to have all the answers, nor do I claim to have ANY answers, lol. I just like to ask questions to see what people believe and why they believe it. Then I try to decide if it makes any sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I'm not sure what kind of Christian that makes me, but I believe we are part of something greater, and maybe we're not meant to know exactly what at this time.
It makes you honest and open minded.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Thats why if someone is smart they will see the lies and the truth. I was raised in my religion, but i do not doubt because its tradition but i see it as truth . It is because i dont see anything in it that would make it possible that it is mans work.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Hydro, I've been a Christian a long time, and I still can't wrap my head around that one. I am still waiting for a pastor or someone to explain it to me in a way I can fully understand. All the people who've ever tried to explain it to me end up sounding like a math teacher saying "2+2=4" and leaving it at that.
I was a christian too for a long time, and I always just accepted it without question. But now that I have a different outlook on things, it doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for being honest!

And I think most Christians do take it on faith and don't know what it means. I think it was actually explained to me one time and it started to make sense, but I forgot the explanation. I also don't claim to be a Bible scholar, either. I have never read it all the way through. It would probably make more sense if I had.

This might be an opportunity for an ATSer who knows a good way to explain it to step to the plate.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Do you believe in God? Or Gods?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Thanks for being honest!

And I think most Christians do take it on faith and don't know what it means. I think it was actually explained to me one time and it started to make sense, but I forgot the explanation. I also don't claim to be a Bible scholar, either. I have never read it all the way through. It would probably make more sense if I had.

This might be an opportunity for an ATSer who knows a good way to explain it to step to the plate.

if it made your conviction how can you forget. (not attacking just trying to get answers)
edit on 1-4-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Do you believe in God? Or Gods?
I do not believe gods exist.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

[And I think most Christians do take it on faith and don't know what it means. I think it was actually explained to me one time and it started to make sense, but I forgot the explanation. I also don't claim to be a Bible scholar, either. I have never read it all the way through. It would probably make more sense if I had.

What they will say is that their god was showing how serious sin is to him. Yet, that doesn't make it moral or just to take the life of an innocent creature in order to forgive someone for their wrong doing. If anything, when we do the crime, WE should do the time.....not an innocent creature.

That's why when one of my children disobeys me, I don't punish one of my other children for it. The child who did the wrong receives the discipline.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Thanks for being honest!

if it made your conviction how can you forget. (not attacking just trying to get answers)

I was probably drunk at the time. KIDDING.

IDK, It's like when someone gives you directions and you understand how to get there, then halfway there you start asking yourself "did he say take a left, or a right at the gas station?"

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

When you look around, what made the earth, the sun, our solar system, the universe?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Thats why if someone is smart they will see the lies and the truth. I was raised in my religion, but i do not doubt because its tradition but i see it as truth . It is because i dont see anything in it that would make it possible that it is mans work.

I think an analogy of what I mean by it being "edited" could be that of someone painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. It's still a masterpiece, but something has been added here, redacted there. I'm sure there are posts about the missing books of the bible.

Also, there were originally 15 commandments until Moses dropped one of the tablets and broke it. Remember? It was in that movie...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

When you look around, what made the earth, the sun, our solar system, the universe?

Monkeys.

Okay, it's late.. no more April Fools answers tonight.

edit on 1-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Whats your take on God?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Good question. There are lots of ideas. Now, if I say, "I don't know for sure," would that be a fair answer? Or, do I need to just say, "I don't know, it must mean a god did it?"

We need to learn that we can't just insert, "God did it" when we don't know for sure, or understand how something might have happened. The ancient people did this a lot though. I've used this example many times, but the Egyptians believed that the sun moved across the sky because their god pulled it while riding in his chariot. Today, we can explain why it looks like the sun moves across the sky. We can explain many things that they could not. But sure, there are still things we don't fully understand.

Now, who is to say that 1000 years from now, our descendants won't figure it out, just as we figured out things that our ancestors could not explain?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

That is very interesting lol. Me i just know that this universe had to be created. It is too perfectly designed to be a coincidence. And these questions have been answered.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

That is very interesting lol. Me i just know that this universe had to be created. It is too perfectly designed to be a coincidence.
If it is perfectly designed, why do galaxies collide with each other? Why do stars explode? Why do meteors crash into planets and wipe out life? (chrisitans will say this happens because of sin, lol)

At least your mind seems to be semi-opened, so there's hope.

Wait, what questions have been answered? Did I miss something?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Whats your take on God?

Oh, dammit. I KNEW this was gonna be on the quiz. LOL

I am way too tired for that answer. The short answer is - I know God exists, but not in which form he exists. Invisible omnipotent spirit? The collective spirit of every being that's living and ever lived?

I guess my bottom line is "Okay, I am going to accept Christianity's version of things because it matches my intuition, but if it turns out that we're a big genetic experiment after all, I might not be too surprised."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join