It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 5
21
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


No, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. That literally makes no sense, "My free will doesn't allow me to believe these things. I can't." Sorry, but if that's what you think, then you don't have free will - at least you believe you don't.

That's really sad, too. You did ALL of that and you failed to realize that it's not what you do that makes you a Christian, but what you believe? What a waste of time, you learned nothing. Fear and judgment? Please clarify; do you actually care what OTHER people think?


Stitchen's point is, Christianity attempts to portray a crucifixion event as a human sacrifice ordained by god. That is immoral and disgusting.

It's not a human sacrifice "ordained" by God. It's what had to be done, not only prophetically, but because he's the only one who could carry the burden of sin. Remember, it wasn't just the torturing of the whips and the crucifixion he suffered, it was SIN entirely. Jesus became SIN, and SIN was killed.


Jesus asks people to leave their family's, commitments, leave their lives behind and follow him to the afterlife. What a bunch of kool aid drinking dead beats.
If that isn't taking things out of context, I dunno what is




posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh
 


now that is food for though!

it doesn't get too deep in other places I've frequented so that is why I am hanging around on ATS.

people keep asking me why I am here haha!

I'm here for these deep philosophies and even though science was born of the said philosophy, I would have to agree they are quite misguided.


edit on 1-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


No, actually Jesus is not wormfood.

It's funny you acknowledge He exists, while at the same time denying who He is.

Jesus Christ holds the keys to death, hades, hell. He is the one and only who has completely and utterly defeated the Satan and the Grave.

You can continue to place your faith in man, and I'll continue to place my faith in God.

I'm sure the Lord will continue to bless you abundlantly on earth, since He loves you so much. He just wishes you would accept Him.

If you do not, then when you die, you will have no more life, and you will cease to exist.

I'm hnot threatening you, just informing you of the way things are.

Jesus the Christ - the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Do you have life in you or not? You decide...



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by rwfresh
 


now that is food for though!

it doesn't get too deep in other places I've frequented so that is why I am hanging around on ATS.

people keep asking me why I am here haha!

I'm here for these deep philosophies and even though science was born of the said philosophy, I would have to agree they are quite misguided.


edit on 1-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)


It's great to be able to talk about interesting things!! no doubt! At the top on any organization surrounding the pursuit of understanding there are always a few doing the hard work, experiencing real epiphany and having amazing experiences. It's available to anyone. The real turd in Science and Religion is the bureaucratic dissemination of watered down, inaccurate "facts". It's always been like this. Everyone has to investigate their own beliefs for their own benefit! peace!



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by windword
 


No, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. That literally makes no sense, "My free will doesn't allow me to believe these things. I can't." Sorry, but if that's what you think, then you don't have free will - at least you believe you don't.

What don't you get? I can't force myself to believe something that I don't believe. The hypnotic trance, the brainwashing that is Christianity, wore off. You can't unring a bell, or unsee the truth. Sorry, there is no turning back for me.


That's really sad, too. You did ALL of that and you failed to realize that it's not what you do that makes you a Christian, but what you believe? What a waste of time, you learned nothing. Fear and judgment? Please clarify; do you actually care what OTHER people think?

Don't patronize me with how sad you are. It doesn't matter if you think that I was doing Christainty wrong. Your Jesus must be very obtuse if he can't get through to sincere child.

I don't care what people think. The "fear and judgement" came from the doctrine being pounded into me, threats of what GOD would do to me. I was taught that god hates Hindus, Catholics, Budhists, and god gave the USA the bomb to kill oriental atheists.

You see, in those days, Christians hated Japanese and Germans, Communists and Jews. Today, it's homosexuals, evolutionists, atheists and liberals.


Stitchen's point is, Christianity attempts to portray a crucifixion event as a human sacrifice ordained by god. That is immoral and disgusting.



It's not a human sacrifice "ordained" by God. It's what had to be done, not only prophetically, but because he's the only one who could carry the burden of sin. Remember, it wasn't just the torturing of the whips and the crucifixion he suffered, it was SIN entirely. Jesus became SIN, and SIN was killed.

Human sacrifice is unacceptable. Even if you try to say god transformed him into something unhuman, its still human sacrifice and then it turns into cannibalistic ritual. Unacceptable! Sin was NOT killed. Puh leese!


Jesus asks people to leave their family's, commitments, leave their lives behind and follow him to the afterlife. What a bunch of kool aid drinking dead beats.

If that isn't taking things out of context, I dunno what is


You said;



Gather your treasures, your good name, your supposed "good deeds" here in the World, and the World will love you.. and if you die in your SIN (note, singular), you will be judge accordingly.

Store up your treasures in Heaven, and sacrifice your life - through love, by carrying the Cross (meaning serving others, you don't have to "die"); and believing in Christ (that's the MAIN thing) - so that your SIN is covered (singular, because the Sin I am speaking about is disbelief in Christ), and you will live forever.



edit on Sun Apr 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Do you Believe in God or man? Faith in The one true the most merciful and beneficent, the all knowing, the creator of the worlds or the Creation?
edit on 1-4-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by windword
 


No, actually Jesus is not wormfood.

It's funny you acknowledge He exists, while at the same time denying who He is.

Jesus Christ holds the keys to death, hades, hell. He is the one and only who has completely and utterly defeated the Satan and the Grave.

You can continue to place your faith in man, and I'll continue to place my faith in God.

I'm sure the Lord will continue to bless you abundlantly on earth, since He loves you so much. He just wishes you would accept Him.

If you do not, then when you die, you will have no more life, and you will cease to exist.

I'm hnot threatening you, just informing you of the way things are.

Jesus the Christ - the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Do you have life in you or not? You decide...

LOL, i'm pretty sure I'm alive as I type this.

And you continue to believe that a man, that was supposedly dead, is up and walking around, talking eating and touching people, was dead! Dude, Jesus survived the crucifixion.

Jesus didn't die on the cross. He wasn't resurrected. He isn't god and he didn't die for our sins.

Sure, I acknowledge the existence of a man, the son of a carpenter, who was wildly popular in his time. I don't believe the biblical accounts of his life are accurate.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by windword
 


No, actually Jesus is not wormfood.

It's funny you acknowledge He exists, while at the same time denying who He is.

Jesus Christ holds the keys to death, hades, hell. He is the one and only who has completely and utterly defeated the Satan and the Grave.

You can continue to place your faith in man, and I'll continue to place my faith in God.

I'm sure the Lord will continue to bless you abundlantly on earth, since He loves you so much. He just wishes you would accept Him.

If you do not, then when you die, you will have no more life, and you will cease to exist.

I'm hnot threatening you, just informing you of the way things are.

Jesus the Christ - the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Do you have life in you or not? You decide...

LOL, i'm pretty sure I'm alive as I type this.

And you continue to believe that a man, that was supposedly dead, is up and walking around, talking eating and touching people, was dead! Dude, Jesus survived the crucifixion.

Jesus didn't die on the cross. He wasn't resurrected. He isn't god and he didn't die for our sins.

Sure, I acknowledge the existence of a man, the son of a carpenter, who was wildly popular in his time. I don't believe the biblical accounts of his life are accurate.

I do not believe he is dead but i do not believe He is God because he is the creation



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I don't know of any Christian who has said that. God hears the prayers of everyone.
John 9:31 "We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will."
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Who are you to say God does not listen to his creations?



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
Who are you to say God does not listen to his creations?
If you are talking to me, I didn't say it. That's what the bible says....



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
Who are you to say God does not listen to his creations?
If you are talking to me, I didn't say it. That's what the bible says....

why are you quoting it?



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
It's not a human sacrifice "ordained" by God. It's what had to be done, not only prophetically, but because he's the only one who could carry the burden of sin. Remember, it wasn't just the torturing of the whips and the crucifixion he suffered, it was SIN entirely. Jesus became SIN, and SIN was killed.
First, why did blood have to be shed for sins to be forgvien? How does that make any sense? If any other belief system did this, it would be viewed as barbaric, cruel, and disgusting to take an innocent creature and slit its throat, or hang it on a cross, and then say, "Ok, now I can forgive you." How does that make any sense?

It would be like me making my children choke a kitten to death every time they disobey me, so that I can forgive them. I don't do that though, I love them so much that I often forgive them EVEN WITHOUT THEM ASKING ME TO. Not only that, I am a mere human being and I can do this. This god, who knows everything, would know if we are truly sorry for doing wrong. Why would he need an innocent creature to take the punishment for us? It is so disgusting.

Finally, if Sin was killed, why is there still sin?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
why are you quoting it?
I was replying to a christian who said that god listens to everybody. I was showing him that in his own bible it says different. That's all.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


sorry misinterpreted lol if you don't mind what is your intake in/on God?



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
First of all, don't get discouraged by all the atheists who will flame you. They are simply afraid of the unknown - a very primitive instinct.

Now, what you are going through is not surprising to me. I have gone through a couple of those myself, to a lesser extent, but have never fully committed myself. I am in a very tight spot right now, and will be getting more involved with my church and Bible study, etc., and am hoping good things will come. A friend of mine did the same thing you are doing now, and his life turned completely around.

Regardless of how "religious" you are, I would encourage everyone to try church for a couple months. Go to one of those large non-denominational churches where everyone wears shorts and flip-flops if "church" makes you feel uncomfortable. Those places tend to appeal to younger people, as well, and the atmosphere is much more casual than say a Baptist church.

If you go regularly, you'll find that the weekly message will give you a sense of purpose and give you hope and a positive attitude that will carry you through the week, and it will make you a better person for it - even if you are on the fence about God. Tell me how atheism can do that.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
First of all, don't get discouraged by all the atheists who will flame you. They are simply afraid of the unknown - a very primitive instinct.

Now, what you are going through is not surprising to me. I have gone through a couple of those myself, to a lesser extent, but have never fully committed myself. I am in a very tight spot right now, and will be getting more involved with my church and Bible study, etc., and am hoping good things will come. A friend of mine did the same thing you are doing now, and his life turned completely around.

Regardless of how "religious" you are, I would encourage everyone to try church for a couple months. Go to one of those large non-denominational churches where everyone wears shorts and flip-flops if "church" makes you feel uncomfortable. Those places tend to appeal to younger people, as well, and the atmosphere is much more casual than say a Baptist church.

If you go regularly, you'll find that the weekly message will give you a sense of purpose and give you hope and a positive attitude that will carry you through the week, and it will make you a better person for it - even if you are on the fence about God. Tell me how atheism can do that.

Forget what he says. Pick up a bible, pick up a tor aah, pick up the Quran and study by yourself. That is the only way to get answers. It will be your answers not someone else's ideas in your head.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


Hydro, I've been a Christian a long time, and I still can't wrap my head around that one. I am still waiting for a pastor or someone to explain it to me in a way I can fully understand. All the people who've ever tried to explain it to me end up sounding like a math teacher saying "2+2=4" and leaving it at that.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh


What are you so confused about? The guy had an experience and explained it fairly well. The source of the experience is what he is calling 'God'. Is there a more scientific word you'd prefer he use? The end result is exactly the same. Pick your word. Placebo? Is that scientific? What is the difference? What is your hang up with the word? Should he put a lab coat on and disassociate all emotion from his experience so that it can be properly evaluated? He had an emotional experience. Is your suggestion that he not be grateful to the source of the experience for the sake of scientific validation? Let it go.

 


So we are basing religious intervention on a feeling now? That's cool.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by boncho
So it was physically impossible for you to achieve all these things without believing in God?


physically, maybe for the guy, but mentally he was in bad shape.

if you stitch a wound and it heals fine, as it otherwise wouldn't, are you going to claim after that stitches don't exist.

his wounds to his spirit, where grave, God healed them so he can function.



God healed or belief in God healed?



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join