It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Basically my entire life I have shunned the thought of their being a God and even riddiculed those that believed in God. Let me tell you that my entire life has steadily got worse since the start until I was in a position of desperation and near suicide. I found myself thinking theocratically and I even ended up at my local church in my sad state that I was. Now the whole church thing even now I do not fully believe in, too much corruption for me but what cannot be mistaken is you can meet genuinely loving people there. Anyway since this event I have asked God for help and its not beeen easy but he has certainly delivered. I have asked for help in avoiding addictions and I have asked for God to allow my family less financial strain and God has truely delivered. God has still done it in a way to make sure I understand where it comes from and to what I need to change in my life still but you have to trust me on this there is no doubt God has answered my cries for help now I have decided that I believe in God. I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help. Please those people who are too proud to believe, give God a chance.

I cannot explain how I am so sure as it is too personal but you just have to believe me there has been a devine intervention.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So it was physically impossible for you to achieve all these things without believing in God?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Or, maybe you've finally decided to take the path of least resistance and find yourself happier and more content, and call it god.

Lord knows the Christians on this site don't need more encouragement to proselytize to us unbelievers.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Congratulations mate

Always remember though, what you say about the corruption is true. "Religion" is not something God wants you to have. Jesus himself called religious men out on their hypocrisy, and they called him a drunkard and a glutton.

All one has to do, is believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that your sins are forgiven - paid for on the Cross, through sacrifice - and your destiny is sealed, your name will be written in the book of Life, never to be erased.

Truly, if you do believe, you will feel a change, something unexplainable really.. you'll feel conviction, because you understand the difference between right and wrong like never before. But make no mistake, you are forgiven, once and for all.

Originally posted by windword
Or, maybe you've finally decided to take the path of least resistance and find yourself happier and more content, and call it god.

Lord knows the Christians on this site don't need more encouragement to proselytize to us unbelievers.

Becoming a Christian is the easiest thing to do..
Living as a Christian is the hardest thing to do, anyone who says otherwise is lying to your face. Least resistance? Yea, right. The "easy way" is to follow the world.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The light of the blind... you'll see!

-Iron Maiden

become a Metal Head! no one can break a metal head...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Absolutely not just very very unlikely. But I have connected the dots the more I have shunned God the worse things got for me and then when I opened my eyes it all changed, some will say it is just a co-incidence but the way it transpired I know it wasn't but it is up to you to make your own mind up.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Throughout all of my life whenever I've reached the point of desperation and asked for help he never didn't come through. I don't know about church or the Bible or Jesus or any specifics, but there is a force that hears you and helps when you call on it. I KNOW this.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Basically my entire life I have shunned the thought of their being a God and even riddiculed those that believed in God. Let me tell you that my entire life has steadily got worse since the start until I was in a position of desperation and near suicide. I found myself thinking theocratically and I even ended up at my local church in my sad state that I was. Now the whole church thing even now I do not fully believe in, too much corruption for me but what cannot be mistaken is you can meet genuinely loving people there. Anyway since this event I have asked God for help and its not beeen easy but he has certainly delivered. I have asked for help in avoiding addictions and I have asked for God to allow my family less financial strain and God has truely delivered. God has still done it in a way to make sure I understand where it comes from and to what I need to change in my life still but you have to trust me on this there is no doubt God has answered my cries for help now I have decided that I believe in God. I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help. Please those people who are too proud to believe, give God a chance.

I cannot explain how I am so sure as it is too personal but you just have to believe me there has been a devine intervention.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

here is a song for you...

"O God of Earth and Altar,
Bow down and hear our cry,
Our earthly rulers falter,
Our people drift and die,
The walls of gold entomb us,
The swords of scorn divide,
Take not thy thunder from us,
But take away our pride."

Just a babe in the black abyss,
No reason for a place like this,
The walls are cold and souls cry out in pain,
An easy way for the blind to go,
A clever path for the fools who know
the Secret of the Hangdman - the smile on his lips.
The light of the Blind - you'll see,
The venom tears my spine,
The Eyes of the Nile are opening - you'll see.

She came to me with a serpent's kiss,
As the Eye of the Sun rose on her lips,
Moonlight catches - silver tears I cry,
So we lay in a black embrace,
And the Seed is sown in a holy place,
And I watched, and I waited for the dawn.

The light of the Blind - you'll see,
The venom tears my spine,
The Eyes of the Nile are opening - you'll see.

Go!

Bind all of us together,
Ablaze with Hope and Free,
No storm or heavy weather
Will rock the boat you'll see.
The time has come to close your eyes
And still the wind and rain,
For the one who will be King
The Watcher in the Ring,
It is You.

Congratz

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Congrats on turning your life around and if it took a belief in God to achieve better results then that's what counts. I think though that if you could apply the same quality and quantity of belief in and external god, take all that power and believe in yourself, that is...Internalize your belief, your results would have been the same. But hey, if it takes a external God to pull it off then so be it, all is good

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I too met God at first through battling addiction. Maybe addiction is a gift. Those who scoff like the poster below who says, 'so you couldn't have done all this by yourself?' They don't understand the supernatural feeling of being carried when you're so low and so weak and scared you just can't do it yourself. But I know what you're talking about. You've been gifted with a need that allowed you to experience his reality. God bless.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Congratulations mate

Always remember though, what you say about the corruption is true. "Religion" is not something God wants you to have. Jesus himself called religious men out on their hypocrisy, and they called him a drunkard and a glutton.

All one has to do, is believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that your sins are forgiven - paid for on the Cross, through sacrifice - and your destiny is sealed, your name will be written in the book of Life, never to be erased.

Truly, if you do believe, you will feel a change, something unexplainable really.. you'll feel conviction, because you understand the difference between right and wrong like never before. But make no mistake, you are forgiven, once and for all.

Originally posted by windword

Living as a Christian is the hardest thing to do, anyone who says otherwise is lying to your face. Least resistance? Yea, right. The "easy way" is to follow the world.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

You know what I don't get? Christians say God doesn't hear or respond to prayers of non Christians, but he does. How do you explain that?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Those who scoff like the poster below who says, 'so you couldn't have done all this by yourself?' They don't understand the supernatural feeling of being carried when you're so low and so weak and scared you just can't do it yourself.

They don't know because they never chalked up their successes to "God's magical powers" and all the failures to "God's mysterious ways..."

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Well, seeing as the OP is a new Christian, then he must be at the easy part.

The Path of least resistance is easy to access, hard to follow. Just like any discipline.

Why is living as a Christian harder that living a humble and good life? It must be hard to keep up all that preachy, holier than thou demeanor all the time. It must be difficult to pretend to "know it all" and defend a 2000 year old book of myths, as truth. What do you use to keep that "I'm so special" attitude and your halo so shiny?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
God listens to everybody all God wants is for you to believe in God and the answers to your prayers start to come. Although God is only interested in selfless requests, those bourne out of greed will get you nowhere.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

God listens to everybody all God wants is for you to believe in God and the answers to your prayers start to come. Although God is only interested in selfless requests, those bourne out of greed will get you nowhere.

Yes, and all Betelgeuse wanted was for people to say his name three times.

So praying to God for greed does not work, but acting out greed does? Or why do we have so many greedy people in the world sitting on mountains of money...

Seems like the greed prayers are trumping all the other ones as of late.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Wait one second windword, I have not said that I believe in the Bible or Christianity. That is not true, I think man has had his grubby mits on those and spoilt them. However believing in a God does not mean you have to believe everything that you are told about God. Make your own mind up and you can see the good in people who are good, wether they believe in the organised religions or not.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

When you are ready to understand it will come, I do not think you are a lesser man for questioning it all in fact I think better of you for doing so.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Although God is only interested in selfless requests, those bourne out of greed will get you nowhere.

Really. Your whole OP was about your problems, and the requests you made of God on your own behalf, asking him to fix your problems. I don't remember reading that you prayed for anyone else to be fed, clothed, or to have their bills paid, etc. And I certainly wouldn't call your requests selfless.

So then selfless and greed become very subjective terms in this case.

However, I am sincerely glad things are going better for you.
edit on 3/31/2012 by Klassified because: I must be tired. 3 corrections

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thats where you are wrong, I asked for help in battling my addictions and I asked for help to release pressure financially (not to make me rich) all in the name of stopping my family suffering because of me. Nothing to do with me wanting more, I just wanted to stop hurting my family.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join