It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes I am and the reason why I am is because although I may not believe in the organisation and structure, in churches is certainly where you are more likely to find people with the kindest heart. I have already stated that people get to their belief by differing means and I have not said that any is exclusivly better than any other. You just need to follow your heart, if going to a church makes your feel more spiritual then it does not matter who put that church their. Your relationship with God is between you and God and you alone.

You seem very intent on trying to trip me up of which you will not do. But I think you have a curious mind otherwise you would not take part in this thread. I hope you have found hapiness or will find it soon if you have not already. Nobody deserves to suffer in this world.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

You seem very intent on trying to trip me up of which you will not do.

You've already been tripped up as you said a 'belief in science' or something along those lines was causing you grief, and also stating that you don't subscribe to ancient religious lore.

You attribute all recent positive things in your life to God's will, in a sense. Yet you don't address that a change in personality (Whether it be from a belief in God, or a bump in the head).

There are plenty of people who do not believe in God, who are happy and healthy, successful and kind. Therefore I do not see it a necessity to believe in God. In fact, it seems like some people are only able to achieve some of these things by conditioning themselves for this belief.

If God was an interventionist, there would be lots and lots of changes taking place. So why only change some people and not others? Why is it when something good happens it's God's will, and something bad happens it's God's mysterious way of teaching someone something.

Speculating on God, I find it much more likely that humans or the universe to be created in some fashion and will probably never be affected by the creator ever again, or perhaps they will but in a different sense than most would suspect.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

...in churches is certainly where you are more likely to find people with the kindest heart.

Or the people that wish to look like they have the kindest heart. It's all about appearance.

I went to church before as a kid. One of the most superficial places on earth, IMO.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

You seem very intent on trying to trip me up of which you will not do.

You've already been tripped up as you said a 'belief in science' or something along those lines was causing you grief, and also stating that you don't subscribe to ancient religious lore.

You attribute all recent positive things in your life to God's will, in a sense. Yet you don't address that a change in personality (Whether it be from a belief in God, or a bump in the head).

There are plenty of people who do not believe in God, who are happy and healthy, successful and kind. Therefore I do not see it a necessity to believe in God. In fact, it seems like some people are only able to achieve some of these things by conditioning themselves for this belief.

If God was an interventionist, there would be lots and lots of changes taking place. So why only change some people and not others? Why is it when something good happens it's God's will, and something bad happens it's God's mysterious way of teaching someone something.

Speculating on God, I find it much more likely that humans or the universe to be created in some fashion and will probably never be affected by the creator ever again, or perhaps they will but in a different sense than most would suspect.

Actually I think your a little bit guilty of misinterperatation and selective listening. If you had notice I have stated that it is not necessary to believe in a God as long as you treat people well and try to make people's lives better. Choice in choosing in believing in God is subjective to the individual, nobody is right or wrong but what I feel cannot be interperated into words. All I can say is that my life is better for accepting the fact that there is probably a God.

I am not pushing my beliefs onto people I am just sharing my personal experiences. I hate nobody and I love those that show they have a kind heart. You can be muslim, christian, hindu or agnostic that does not matter to me. In fact the more questions you ask the better.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Basically my entire life I have shunned the thought of their being a God and even riddiculed those that believed in God. Let me tell you that my entire life has steadily got worse since the start until I was in a position of desperation and near suicide. I found myself thinking theocratically and I even ended up at my local church in my sad state that I was. Now the whole church thing even now I do not fully believe in, too much corruption for me but what cannot be mistaken is you can meet genuinely loving people there. Anyway since this event I have asked God for help and its not beeen easy but he has certainly delivered. I have asked for help in avoiding addictions and I have asked for God to allow my family less financial strain and God has truely delivered. God has still done it in a way to make sure I understand where it comes from and to what I need to change in my life still but you have to trust me on this there is no doubt God has answered my cries for help now I have decided that I believe in God. I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help. Please those people who are too proud to believe, give God a chance.

I cannot explain how I am so sure as it is too personal but you just have to believe me there has been a devine intervention.

Glory to God, praise the Lord.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I am so happy for you!!! Hold fast to your belief and don't let anyone shake your faith in God. He will be there for you when no one else will. Sometimes I believe that people come into our lives simply to test our faith, stay strong my friend.

To some of the other posters I would like to answer some of your questions: I am a Christian, I used to have a big problem with attending church because I thought most of the people there were judgemental and hypocrites. I felt uncomfortable just walking in the door, I thought as soon as I left they would be talking about me behind my back. I didn't like it at all. And then I realized that I don't go to church for them, I go to church to strengthen MY relationship with God and Jesus.

Another poster said something about Christians believing that God only loves Christians. I have never heard that. I believe that God loves everyone, we are all his children.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Do you trust in Jesus and believe that he rose from the dead? Also which church are you apart of and what makes you think they are corrupt? Have you seen any signs of corruption to make you think that way?
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Everywhere man goes corruption follows, it is all to do with power and greed, yes even in the Church. I went to see my local priest a few weeks ago (Christian, Anglican) and even he admitted that there was corruption in the church. You talk about Jesus but I talk about God, my God is not a hypocrite nor is he avain God after worship. My God is just after belief and a living of lifge in the way that helps the rest of his flock so to speak. I do not get tied down with ancient books, if God wanted me to listen to his stories he would write them in my time and in my language. God is all about love, morals and living for others more than yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

I don't know of any Christian who has said that. God hears the prayers of everyone. Will he choose to respond if your prayer is a self-gratifying one, or if your prayer would lead you into sin?

reply to post by windword

I would say you have a very poor idea of what it means to be a Christian. The description you gave sounds like a Pharisee, the high priests at the time of Jesus - who boast and seek self-righteousness.

The key thing to becoming a Christian is losing your pride - humiliating yourself.

I'll tell you right now - I am a sinner. I have stolen, and continue to do so to this day. I have lied, and continue to do so. I lust, I greed, I sloth, I envy, I pride, I glutton, I wrath. I am the worst kind of person imaginable. I've committed such sins that have shamed me whenever I think about it, and worst of all, I continue to do them.

I do not go to Church - at least not the "building" - I do not tithe, and I've never, or rather, rarely ever "preach" in the sense of shoving my beliefs down a person's throat. I do, however, stand firm in discussing my beliefs, when others, such as yourself, make a claim that is false about Christianity.

The reason becoming a Christian is so easy - it's because all you have to do is believe in Christ.
The reason living as a Christian is so hard - logically speaking, if you're now on the side of God, the Devil is after you - as the Bible says, he will be waging war on the Saints of the Most High and defeating them.

So, as to your question.. Why am I so special? Why am I so "good"?

I'm not.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Actually I think your a little bit guilty of misinterperatation and selective listening. If you had notice I have stated that it is not necessary to believe in a God as long as you treat people well and try to make people's lives better. Choice in choosing in believing in God is subjective to the individual, nobody is right or wrong but what I feel cannot be interperated into words. All I can say is that my life is better for accepting the fact that there is probably a God.

But then you go to church. . .

Actions speak louder than words my friend.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
well...truth is a personal matter...so facts would be, too...

i will have to say, though...fact and god shouldn't be used so loosely in the same sentence. facts are things that can be backed up and proven...

to say that it's a fact god doesn't exist is impossible as well...

for arguments sake, we'll just assume "god" is some etheric being of higher intelligence that we cannot see in this dimension. how can you prove something within this dimension that cannot be seen, measured or really observed in this dimension?

very unscientific, if you ask me. i don't see why there should be a fight between science and god, though...i think science is merely man's attempt to understand god. you just have to allow a little breathing room for your concept of god in your head...relax...all the good books lie to a certain extent (usually mostly lies)...so the concept of god from the books is completely mutilated to make you feel powerless...make you stop believing in yourself...

you are god.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The reason becoming a Christian is so easy - it's because all you have to do is believe in Christ.
The reason living as a Christian is so hard - logically speaking, if you're now on the side of God, the Devil is after you - as the Bible says, he will be waging war on the Saints of the Most High and defeating them.

You may think that is easy, but for me, relinquishing my free will and critical thinking is not. I don't believe Jesus was born of a virgin, died on the cross for my sins, was resurrected from the dead or was god in the flesh. How do I force myself to believe that?

Add to that, if I do have a change of heart, if I do believe, then I have the devil chasing after me? WHAHAHAHA!

You think that is an easy pill to swallow? I have some beach front property in Kansas I would like to sell you too!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Fantastic news my friend. Thank the LORD for his works. I remember you posted about how you and your family were on hard times. I am happy that the burden has been eased from you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Great so you believe in God, that's the first step. Now you just have to find out who this God is. Don't be deceived into thinking you will go to heaven for simply being good person, and believing, nothing could be further from the truth. Not all churches are corrupt, maybe the Anglican church is at the higher levels, but that has nothing to do with going to your local church for worship.

My God is just after belief and a living of lifge in the way that helps the rest of his flock so to speak.

Be careful not to commit idolatry by making up your own God up in your head that suits your liking. The Bible is very clear that God is a Jealous God. Exodus 34:14 - For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: We can come to know the real living God by reading the Bible and following his commandments and talking to him in prayer.
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing. I hope someone here who does not know the Lord will listen to what you say and consider the possibility of there actually being a loving God that already knows them better than they know themselves.
Regardless of the negative responses to might read, you are doing good by sharing and hopefully not all the ears your words fall on will be deaf to your message.

God knows.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Well that is not quite true, we are also called to turn from ours sins (repent) and trust in him with all our hearts.

If we say all you need to do is 'believe' then what about Satan that also 'believes' in Christ? He's not stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Well that is not quite true, we are also called to turn from ours sins (repent) and trust in him with all our hearts.

If we say all you need to do is 'believe' then what about Satan that also 'believes' in Christ? He's not stupid.

Christ didn't incarnate as an angel to die for them that fell bro, doesn't matter what satan believes they cannot be redeemed. Christ didn't incarnate as a Nephillim, therefore demons cannot be redeemed either.

edit on 31-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Basically my entire life I have shunned the thought of their being a God and even riddiculed those that believed in God. Let me tell you that my entire life has steadily got worse since the start until I was in a position of desperation and near suicide. I found myself thinking theocratically and I even ended up at my local church in my sad state that I was. Now the whole church thing even now I do not fully believe in, too much corruption for me but what cannot be mistaken is you can meet genuinely loving people there. Anyway since this event I have asked God for help and its not beeen easy but he has certainly delivered. I have asked for help in avoiding addictions and I have asked for God to allow my family less financial strain and God has truely delivered. God has still done it in a way to make sure I understand where it comes from and to what I need to change in my life still but you have to trust me on this there is no doubt God has answered my cries for help now I have decided that I believe in God. I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help. Please those people who are too proud to believe, give God a chance.

I cannot explain how I am so sure as it is too personal but you just have to believe me there has been a devine intervention.

You were being called by God. The call is unmistakable. All people hear it, but until you knock back, the door is closed. Your story reminds me of mine. God answers prayer, even when we are angry at him for one reason or another. Events of the day and the synchronicity that God places before us are not hard to miss when we are looking.

So many examples. God is there for the person who seeks Him from a humble heart. Once pride is eliminated, God steps in and develops faith. This is another lesson I have learned over the last few years. It is not our responsibility to develop our faith. If we have faith in God, he develops our faith as he leads us.

The link in my signature has some articles reflecting my journey.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Michael - what you think you're experiencing is exactly what you're experiencing.

The world will deny the Light, but your soul will know the Truth.

Jesus the Christ - the Way, the Truth and the Life.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Enochwasright, I am praying for you to keep strong with the Light and the Spirit.

God is giving out the gift of mysticism to our generation now more than ever before, and I pray that our word and our conviction reaches the hearts of others.

The naysayers and nonbelievers will deny what we say, for what we speak is nonsense to them.

1 Corinthians 2: 6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

Amen & Amen

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join