It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
see! I have clues man I am doing my own research...

we're working on it, hold out a little longer man

I think money will cure it! Lots and lots of money!

Ya'll take care. I'll be gone for about a week. I'm taking my family on vacation for spring break.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
see! I have clues man I am doing my own research...

we're working on it, hold out a little longer man

I think money will cure it! Lots and lots of money!

no actually we've been experimenting there too, the godless zombie C-virus is a rapidly advancing condition... quickly reducing the brain to a quivering mass of pulp.

you have to accept the cure when we get it to you, we don't want the citizens to be too decayed by the time we get it so try to remember if its the last thing you do...

Do Not Eat Me! remember! -Doc Frankenstein

(Day of the Dead is a pretty accurate microcosm of our Nation today)

George Romero inserting himself in the heroic role to his own stories... he is with the citizen group who in the end just want the girl... he says "we don't believe in what you're doing here" and really just wants to go 'live it up' and make babies, having no clue or foresight even though he is a god fearing man I think but surely a liberal democrat.

edit on 1-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Right about now, I am going through all the things you have been through.

Will things ever get better for me? My answer is yes they will !!

Has nothing to do with the church or god. I am going back to school, gaining certifications in a number of critical competencies in my chosen field and will simply have another go at it next year when the fire season comes around. Perserverence, determination and the strength not to just off ones self is what gets people through... Hard work in other words...lol

While I do agree that christians are good people (generally) and very supportive if asked for help, it is the care and support that these people were willing to give and not some magical being that has brought you through your troubles.

Their belief in a god is what drives them to love and help others (and it is quite aimiable), however it dose not prove that such a being actually exists.

Although I must admit, it dose not disprove it either. Athiests and Agnostics are just as unable to "physically", disprove the existance of god, as followers are unable to "physically", prove it. Some people like to use logic and others faith. Neither is wrong or right.

But personally, I would never procrastinate and simply wait for some god to solve all my problems for me. This is something that all people must do for themselves.If you need support along the way, ask for it. But when you get through, thank the people who helped you, because they are the ones who helped, not god.
edit on 4/2/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but is rather an open question: Why identify yourself as a Christian, a Muslim, or whatever? If your going have faith in a higher power, then fine, just don't follow doctrine dictated by a book or religious leader. Please form your own beliefs, and don't naively accept those of another as fact without first examining their validity.

Just to paraphrase Dawkins for a moment; 'Why believe in the Christian God? Why not Zeus, or Thor, or Jupiter or any other deity? What makes your God more valid than the others?'. Some very good points have been made in this thread, especially in identifying religion and faith as two very different things. The former is a parasite on society, the latter less offensive but potentially just as dangerous.

I have no real problem with belief in a creator, to me there are better explanations to found than a god, but the fact remains that we know so little about the origins of the universe that a creator being involved is still possible, we just don't know. I don't believe there is any power higher than ourselves, or higher than any other form of life. I can see the beauty in nature, and repeating patterns in reality, but don't require a god to explain it for me.

However, what I do find frankly disgusting is religious dogma and commandment. Why does the bible state that a man collecting firewood should be put to death? I find many so-called 'religious' people cherry pick the best parts from their holy text, while ignoring the fact that their chosen god is an evil monster with impossible standards, an obsession with death and sacrifice and a sadomasochist leaning.

Organised religion is simply a tool for the control of the population, and a crutch for the weak-minded. It is spread like an infectious disease between family and friends; indoctrinated into children before they have a chance to form a rational judgement of their own, and forced upon people at every turn in our society. It is a superstition that we should have grown out of by now, yet it still holds us back as a race.

I can't disprove the existence of a god, but you certainly can't prove that there is one. That's why it's called faith!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I had belief in God and my life was miserable... lonely, full of addiction, poverty and violence... then I found disbelief and everything changed, I was surounded by loving, intelligent friends, my material wealth increased and my state of mind became serene and inquisitive.

Just sayin' perspective and belief are indeed powerful things. If I had ended my story above with the statement "My God was Satan," it would conform to fundi Christian dogma and explain the above story for them ...

no matter, whatever God one choses to believe in or whether they are impelled by their own intelligence to disbelief, whatever gets you through the night is all right. Being human is tough for most of us... thank god.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Of couse, GOD Does exist. Where else do we originally come from?

Answer: His creation.

we're all part of God. We shall become one with God.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Believing is a term taken out of context of the word of God.; To believe in your mind only - is just thinking ...just knowledge.

True believing is when the mind and the heart are in one accord in the state of belief or the lips will utter praise to Jesus and the heart will be far from Jesus.

Truly if one believes in his mind and heart then one will know he is a sinner and humbly repent of his sins to Jesus; desiring inviting asking Jesus in his heart as Savior.

Matthew 15:8
Mark 7:6

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

I had belief in God and my life was miserable... lonely, full of addiction, poverty and violence...

Belief in God saves no one. Sounds like you we saved by some well-intentioned preacher, not the Living Savior.

Drunk Man: "Heeeey Billy, you saved me 20 years ago! Remember me?"

Billy Graham: "Yep, that sure looks like my work all right. If God had saved you sir you wouldn't still be a drunk."

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
That is very interesting lol. Me i just know that this universe had to be created. It is too perfectly designed to be a coincidence.
If it is perfectly designed, why do galaxies collide with each other? Why do stars explode? Why do meteors crash into planets and wipe out life? (chrisitans will say this happens because of sin, lol)

At least your mind seems to be semi-opened, so there's hope.

Wait, what questions have been answered? Did I miss something?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

The universe is still perfect hydro. Stars are megafactories that create all the elements in the periodic table through nuclear fusion. Google it. When they explode they spread these atoms across the universe. In fact the heavier elements the table (past fe or iron) can ONLY be created in the heat of a supernova explosion.

Meteors collide with planets and create life by spreading amino acids and possibly single celled organisms or frozen microbes. Many many ppl with more knowledge than my humble self believe the water on this planet came from the frozen heart of comet and meteor collisions billions of years ago.

Galaxies collide due to the unstoppable and universal force of gravity that unites and governs every system in the universe! The atoms in the ring on your mothers finger was created in the most rarest of events in the universe as we know it. The more science reveals to us, the more perfect the universe becomes. At least to me anyway. I I truely believe an intelligence is behind the simple set of laws that govern our beautiful and perfect universe.
edit on 9-4-2012 by morganlumer because: wrong button clicked!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OP, you simple couldn't live alone with your hardships in life, thus your weak mind gave in and "God" was born, you could say that not believing in god is not for everyone, you need to let go of the dependency and believe in yourself first then you should be able to handle life and look at thing more logically.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vnmusic

Of couse, GOD Does exist. Where else do we originally come from?

Answer: His creation.

we're all part of God. We shall become one with God.

Cheers

But then where does God come from? I presume you believe God is eternal, but if so then why do you need a God to explain the universe at all. Can you not cut out the middleman and just say the universe is eternal instead? Lets just say we are all part of the same oneness essentially, as beings formed from the same shared pool of matter and consienceness. Isn't that simpler to follow?

This is probably where the belief in God originates from; this understanding that we are all connected to one another in a beautiful flowing system. But that oneness is not God, not an invisible man in the sky keeping check on mankind, sending down his son as a human sacrifice or flooding the world to cleanse it of its sins.

That is simply fiction. Sorry chaps.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join