It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Jeez, I'm gone for an hour and there's three extra pages.

reply to post by windword

Okay. Here's what you said "My free will doesn't allow me to believe these things. I can't."
Your free will.. doesn't allow you..? That makes no sense.
Besides, you're implying that with Christianity, you have no free will. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Now your just being dense and arguing in circles. Once and for all, I don't believe that the bible is god's word. I don't believe Jesus was god. I don't believe in the Jesus story AT ALL! I can't force myself to believe what I don't believe!

I think I know what the problem is here.. Perhaps you aren't a Christian because you dislike Christians? You disliked what you had become? It just seems like it has NOTHING to do with God, because you were "taught" by RELIGIOUS men - evil, corrupt men - but did you consider studying for yourself? Who did you put your faith in, in God, or in man?

Because you know what? Christians don't hate anyone. Christians never hated Japs or Germans, Communists or Jews. Christians don't hate Homosexuals or Evolutionists, Atheists or Liberals.

You are very naive. Take off you rosy colored colored glasses and behold the hatred that Christianity spreads.

I don't understand, I don't think[human sacrifice] it's acceptable either; it's just what HAPPENED. It's HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED to have happened, in fact. Who was it that put Jesus on that Cross, anyways? God? or Man? I'm pretty sure it's man.

So what if someone was put on a cross by some Roman court? It doesn't mean that person died for the sins of the world or was some kind of god. That's just made up.

I refuse to align myself with a god who would promote human sacrifice to atone for the sins of other people. I refuse to accept that Jesus died for the sins of the world.

Survived the Crucifixion? They pierced his side, he was dead.

Apparently not, as he was up and walking around, eating and talking. He wasn't dead. He survived. Anyone who looks at a patient who is up and about and diagnoses death, is nuts.

You ALREADY acknowledge the existence of a man named Jesus! Are you serious?

If you believe Jesus was the Son of God, I would say you were my brother in Christ.
If you believe Jesus never existed, I would even the skeptics admit he existed.
If you believe Jesus was "just a man", I would call you a great fool. It is LITERALLY. LITERALLY. LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for Jesus to have existed, and NOT have been God.

And yet many millions of people do not recognize Jesus as god!

Do you even realize what you are saying?

Seriously, I'm sorry for getting anxious (and I'm really not mad, I'm just surprised someone actually believes that), so please.. explain why you actually.. believe he was just a "man".

Get your head out of the sand, a lot of people don't think the same things about god and Jesus as you. Don't be so shocked. You, your bible and Christianity DO NOT own the definition of god

ORIGINS OF CHRISTIANITYwww.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

It's so great to hear your awesome story, and I am so glad that you have come to know God and that everything is working out. I remember your post a while back when you were feeling really down about everything and like maybe life wasn't worth living. You touched my heart then and you have again. I am glad that you found a church where there are loving people. It is definitely good to find a good church, but even if there is a time where you don't go, God will still be with you always. Don't let the haters get you down. Stay strong in your faith and know that even when you have low points in your life or it feels like you have failed God and everyone around you, that God loves you always and He never forsakes us even when we forsake Him. I am so excited for both you and your family. I think that you are a wonderful person Michael, and your wonderful lady and beautiful daughters need you in their life more than you ever could know. God bless you, and I will look forward to meeting you one day, perhaps not in this life, but on the other side!
- britelite

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Lionhearte

Originally posted by Lionhearte
The reason becoming a Christian is so easy - it's because all you have to do is believe in Christ.

Well that is not quite true, we are also called to turn from ours sins (repent) and trust in him with all our hearts.

If we say all you need to do is 'believe' then what about Satan that also 'believes' in Christ? He's not stupid.

Christ didn't incarnate as an angel to die for them that fell bro, doesn't matter what satan believes they cannot be redeemed. Christ didn't incarnate as a Nephillim, therefore demons cannot be redeemed either.

edit on 31-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Oh of course I'm not saying demons can be redeemed, they had full knowledge of God before the fall. What I am saying though is that we as followers of Christ are called to do more than just 'believe' or have faith. Jesus said if “If you love me you will keep my commandments,” and that we need to be born again.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The key there brother is loving Him, following His commands are the natural result of that love. Before Jesus told people to go their way and "sin no more" He first forgave their sins, not the other way around. (Think of the woman caught in adultery) Because the person who has been forgiven much loves much in return. (Luke 7:36-50)

The just man doesn't stop falling, he simply is the one who gets back up everytime and continues the race. (Proverbs 24:16)

For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Also, demons are not fallen angels, they are the dead unclean spirits of the offspring of those fallen angels. The angels who fell and mated with women are reserved in chains awaiting the judgment. Demons are the unclean spirits of the dead Nephilim and Rephaim.

edit on 1-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Only thing i have to add bro, is don't focus on the antichristians (hypocrites)more than Jesus, they do not matter. He is what matters. He will attend to them, you focus on serving him and being a servant to others as he was a servant to you and you will do well.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
..and on the seventh day, as God was resting with some nachos and a cold cerveza, he lifted his cheek and created atheists.

I think I read that in the Bible a long time ago. No?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You're the one being dense. This isn't AGAINST your free will to "change your beliefs", it's a PART OF IT. If you COULDN'T change your beliefs, YOU DON'T HAVE FREE WILL.

Oh cool, a link to an ATS thread that's a hundred pages long.

So what if someone was put on a cross by some Roman court? It doesn't mean that person died for the sins of the world or was some kind of god. That's just made up.

Except you're forgetting he was SINLESS. If the penalty of Sin is death, and someone commits no Sin, what happens? Not only do they fulfill the entire law of God, but they also return to life.

That's the only way to explain what happened, really. You just don't get it.

Apparently not, as he was up and walking around, eating and talking. He wasn't dead. He survived. Anyone who looks at a patient who is up and about and diagnoses death, is nuts.

You really don't get the concept of resurrection, do you? People do it all the time, you know. It isn't all that far out of this world. I'm not talking about "resuscitation" either. I'm talking literally resurrection. There are some documented stories from the War you should hear, friend.

And yet many millions of people do not recognize Jesus as god!

Millions? Try BILLIONS. Sadly. And guess what? Billions of people are going to hell. I wish not, but few enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Get your head out of the sand, a lot of people don't think the same things about god and Jesus as you. Don't be so shocked. You, your bible and Christianity DO NOT own the definition of god

ORIGINS OF CHRISTIANITY

Oh wow, an ATS thread that's hundreds of pages long. I'll read it, definitely, but I want you to read this.

reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Explain the Thief on the Cross then, please.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh cool, a link to an ATS thread that's a hundred pages long.

That thread represents some of ATS' finest writers and thinkers. But, don't worry, you don't have to read it all. The entire OP spans several posts, but it's all on the first page. I am saddened that it has been locked and the author seems to banned though. A truly great thread.

You did ask me where I thought Christianity came from. The ATS thread link is an answer.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You're the one being dense. This isn't AGAINST your free will to "change your beliefs", it's a PART OF IT. If you COULDN'T change your beliefs, YOU DON'T HAVE FREE WILL.

I did change my beliefs. I used to be a Christian. I grew out of that mindset. I am free of the superstitious mythology that kept me from my goals. I don't rely on god to supply my life's content or my soul's eternity. I am a welcome part of the universe that I belong to. I don't need Christianity to feel "saved."

Except you're forgetting he was SINLESS. If the penalty of Sin is death, and someone commits no Sin, what happens? Not only do they fulfill the entire law of God, but they also return to life.

Meh....Maybe...

I don't buy into the idea that we are born into sin. I don't believe in "Original Sin." Jesus may have been a "descended master." meaning he was an ascended master that returned. Or maybe, like Buddha, he ascended during his life time.

You're forgetting that I don't think the bible is the word of god. I believe in reincarnation, so resurrection is something that we all do. The Jesus story is a metaphor.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That thread represents some of ATS' finest writers and thinkers. But, don't worry, you don't have to read it all. The entire OP spans several posts, but it's all on the first page. I am saddened that it has been locked and the author seems to banned though. A truly great thread.

You did ask me where I thought Christianity came from. The ATS thread link is an answer.
I'll read it then, and take your word for it. I have heard of other theories, or rather, shown evidence involving the Illuminati (as I noticed it refers to the Ides of March and the Skull and Bones 322), and am inclined to believe it is.. well, can't put it into short words. I'll read this thread though. I may be busy for a few days with it..

I did change my beliefs. I used to be a Christian. I grew out of that mindset. I am free of the superstitious mythology that kept me from my goals. I don't rely on god to supply my life's content or my soul's eternity. I am a welcome part of the universe that I belong to. I don't need Christianity to feel "saved."

That's my point though. I'm a Christian and I'm not being kept from my goals. I'm still pursuing my life dreams. Why was it so difficult for you?

The impression I'm getting is that you were stuck in legalism. Were you?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
You are a perfect example of the mistranslation and misunderstanding. You apply your own elementary ideas of what God is to the people that wrote the bible. You are convinced we are smarter now. I can assure you that the average person reading the bible is not as accurate with their understanding of God as the people that wrote the bible or actually lived the experiences written about. Right? does that make sense?
You misunderstand me. First, I am asking questions, and posing an idea. How do you know that my idea is not accurate? Second, I don't claim to have knowledge about the ancient people in the past. I'm just asking questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Hydroman is searching for a face for his bogeyman because he believes in ghosts.

I'm searching for the boogeyman himself.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Hydroman is searching for a face for his bogeyman because he believes in ghosts.

I'm searching for the boogeyman himself.

one needs only to look into the mirror...

gnah! you're aight! ya gotta just stop beating up my homies tho

did you finish parts 2 and 3 yet? ...best ones imo.
edit on 1-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

one needs only to look into the mirror...
Damn he's handsome. But, he does have a tiny weiner. Why's he standing there naked like that anyway...?

gnah! you're aight! ya gotta just stop beating up my homies tho
I'm not trying to beat up anybody. This is good discussion.

did you finish parts 2 and 3 yet? ...best ones imo.
Not sure what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Also, demons are not fallen angels, they are the dead unclean spirits of the offspring of those fallen angels. The angels who fell and mated with women are reserved in chains awaiting the judgment. Demons are the unclean spirits of the dead Nephilim and Rephaim.
Whoa! Angels mated with humans? I didn't know angels had penises! Can they mate with each other? If not, why did god give them sexual reproduction organs?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I was talking about Might & Magic but we'd be going off topic. (Gates to another World and Isles of Terra) must haves... seriously though you would spend a few years completing just those two without cheating via the net.

are you Canadian hydro?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I was talking about Might & Magic but we'd be going off topic...

are you Canadian hydro?
I'm from the United States, but I have been to Canada if that makes a difference....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

are you Canadian hydro?
I'm from the United States, but I have been to Canada if that makes a difference....

it might have... you could have caught the infection up there!

we're working on tracing the origins so when we get the cure we can go right to the source...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

are you Canadian hydro?

It's possible, I was still a christian at that point.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

are you Canadian hydro?

It's possible, I was still a christian at that point.

see! I have clues man I am doing my own research...

we're working on it, hold out a little longer man

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join