It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I don't have an explanation, because i did not create them. That is why i leave these questions, because they are way too far ahead me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
I don't have an explanation, because i did not create them. That is why i leave these questions, because they are way too far ahead me.
What if these things CAN be explained with natural laws and phsyics, where no god is necessary for explanation?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

what made these laws and nature. that is what i would question.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

haha! that sounds just like the video game series I grew up on called Might & Magic I & II

in the game the whole planet was a central research observation nacelle (CRON)

the game had alot of twists and still hasn't been anything to compare in my take on video games... they just don't make em like they used to, you needed some processing power and even the library (before the net) to get info to finish the game.

totally awesome... but it was just a video game afterall.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

what made these laws and nature. that is what i would question.
Why does it have to be an entity that made them? That is what I question.

You don't consider for one moment that maybe ancient men could not fathom how this all came about, and they made the same mistake as I mentioned earlier? "I can't explain it, so some god must have done this..."?

And from that, legends and stories developed to explain it, only to be embellished further as things were passed down through oral tradition before the invention of written language developed? And even after written language developed, there's still a language barrier with mistranslations, etc. I mean, it is proved that mistranslations occur today, so why wouldn't it be possible for it to happen back then?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
the game had alot of twists and still hasn't been anything to compare in my take on video games... they just don't make em like they used to, you needed some processing power and even the library (before the net) to get info to finish the game.

Wow, that sounds pretty intense. Would have been totally satisfying to finish a game like that.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Explain to me why since mankind have been on earth there have been sending the same message, to the same people that believe in polytheism, idols, men?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Explain to me why since mankind have been on earth there have been sending the same message, to the same people that believe in polytheism, idols, men?
I'm not sure what you're asking.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
oka what about the scientific facts that would have been impossible to know during the time of a certain prophet

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Jeez, I'm gone for an hour and there's three extra pages.

reply to post by windword

What don't you get? I can't force myself to believe something that I don't believe. The hypnotic trance, the brainwashing that is Christianity, wore off. You can't unring a bell, or unsee the truth. Sorry, there is no turning back for me.
Okay. Here's what you said "My free will doesn't allow me to believe these things. I can't."

Your free will.. doesn't allow you..? That makes no sense.

Besides, you're implying that with Christianity, you have no free will. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Don't patronize me with how sad you are. It doesn't matter if you think that I was doing Christainty wrong. Your Jesus must be very obtuse if he can't get through to sincere child.

I don't care what people think. The "fear and judgement" came from the doctrine being pounded into me, threats of what GOD would do to me. I was taught that god hates Hindus, Catholics, Budhists, and god gave the USA the bomb to kill oriental atheists.

You see, in those days, Christians hated Japs and Germans, Communists and Jews. Today, it's homosexuals, evolutionists, atheists and liberals.

I think I know what the problem is here.. Perhaps you aren't a Christian because you dislike Christians? You disliked what you had become? It just seems like it has NOTHING to do with God, because you were "taught" by RELIGIOUS men - evil, corrupt men - but did you consider studying for yourself? Who did you put your faith in, in God, or in man?

Because you know what? Christians don't hate anyone. Christians never hated Japs or Germans, Communists or Jews. Christians don't hate Homosexuals or Evolutionists, Atheists or Liberals.

A Christian is someone who follows Christ. Christ taught to Love. If someone has Hatred in their heart, they are not a Christian. I'm sorry, but that's the basic outlining factor.

Human sacrifice is unacceptable. Even if you try to say god transformed him into something unhuman, its still human sacrifice and then it turns into cannibalistic ritual. Unacceptable! Sin was NOT killed. Puh leese!

I don't understand, I don't think it's acceptable either; it's just what HAPPENED. It's HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED to have happened, in fact. Who was it that put Jesus on that Cross, anyways? God? or Man? I'm pretty sure it's man.

Besides I don't think it can really be defined as Sacrifice, since Jesus rose from the dead.

LOL, i'm pretty sure I'm alive as I type this.

And you continue to believe that a man, that was supposedly dead, is up and walking around, talking eating and touching people, was dead! Dude, Jesus survived the crucifixion.

Jesus didn't die on the cross. He wasn't resurrected. He isn't god and he didn't die for our sins.

Sure, I acknowledge the existence of a man, the son of a carpenter, who was wildly popular in his time. I don't believe the biblical accounts of his life are accurate.

I would really, REALLY love to hear how you think Christianity was formed. I'm sure it involves rich, evil men with power who started a cult based on lies, and that the entire point of Christianity is to get money from morons..

Survived the Crucifixion? They pierced his side, he was dead.

You ALREADY acknowledge the existence of a man named Jesus! Are you serious?

If you believe Jesus was the Son of God, I would say you were my brother in Christ.
If you believe Jesus never existed, I would even the skeptics admit he existed.
If you believe Jesus was "just a man", I would call you a great fool. It is LITERALLY. LITERALLY. LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for Jesus to have existed, and NOT have been God.

Do you even realize what you are saying?

Seriously, I'm sorry for getting anxious (and I'm really not mad, I'm just surprised someone actually believes that), so please.. explain why you actually.. believe he was just a "man".

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

kinda of like we just experienced with the last United States elections?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Basically my entire life I have shunned the thought of their being a God and even riddiculed those that believed in God. Let me tell you that my entire life has steadily got worse since the start until I was in a position of desperation and near suicide. I found myself thinking theocratically and I even ended up at my local church in my sad state that I was. Now the whole church thing even now I do not fully believe in, too much corruption for me but what cannot be mistaken is you can meet genuinely loving people there. Anyway since this event I have asked God for help and its not beeen easy but he has certainly delivered. I have asked for help in avoiding addictions and I have asked for God to allow my family less financial strain and God has truely delivered. God has still done it in a way to make sure I understand where it comes from and to what I need to change in my life still but you have to trust me on this there is no doubt God has answered my cries for help now I have decided that I believe in God. I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help. Please those people who are too proud to believe, give God a chance.

I cannot explain how I am so sure as it is too personal but you just have to believe me there has been a devine intervention.

((((((((((((((( michael1983 )))))))))))))))))

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

oka what about the scientific facts that would have been impossible to know during the time of a certain prophet
Ancient people did understand some things back then. Many people say that the Arabs borrowed from Greek teachings, who were well versed in philosophical questions and observations for their time. There were many great thinkers, and some things could be figured out. But still, there were many things they were wrong about as well.

I'm sure you're talking about Mohammed when you mention "a certain prophet". I've seen many of those things debunked, so I guess it depends on what impossible things you are talking about...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Ancient people did understand some things back then. Many people say that the Arabs borrowed from Greek teachings, who were well versed in philosophical questions and observations for their time. There were many great thinkers, and some things could be figured out. But still, there were many things they were wrong about as well.

I'm sure you're talking about Mohammed when you mention "a certain prophet". I've seen many of those things debunked, so I guess it depends on what impossible things you are talking about...

The language was dead for centuries.Not one person during his time knew that. The church was saying that the it was incorrect because of it. But what happened when the Rosetta stone was found? Exactly the Rosetta stone had to be found to know it was true,

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The language was dead for centuries.Not one person during his time knew that. The church was saying that the it was incorrect because of it. But what happened when the Rosetta stone was found? Exactly the Rosetta stone had to be found to know it was true,
I don't know what you are talking about here, or what it has to do with anything..

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

I do not believe he is dead but i do not believe He is God because he is the creation

Romans 1:25 - They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

John 9:31 "We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will."

You do realize who was saying that right?

Hint: a Jew.

First, why did blood have to be shed for sins to be forgvien? How does that make any sense? If any other belief system did this, it would be viewed as barbaric, cruel, and disgusting to take an innocent creature and slit its throat, or hang it on a cross, and then say, "Ok, now I can forgive you." How does that make any sense?

Simple. God is Just. He cannot forgive sins "just because", otherwise he wouldn't be Just.
Let it be known, God is unchanging, God is Just - God is the Judge.

I'll tell you the truth, though you may not believe it - if, instead, God did NOT require a Sacrifice, and simply "forgave" people of all their Sins, you know what you would be saying right now? You would say: "God is Unjust, how can He forgive people of their Sins for NO REASON?" I guarantee you.

Again, God is the Judge. When a criminal goes on trial, and they are found guilty of their crimes, the penalty being death - what if the Judge were to say "never mind, this man gets to go free"? He would probably be fired.
God, being a Just and Fair Judge, REQUIRES that the ultimate penalty be dealt - Blood. Death.

Luckily for us, if you ONLY believe in Jesus, your Sins are paid for. He's our intercessor. He took on the penalty of Sin, and defeated death.

It would be like me making my children choke a kitten to death every time they disobey me, so that I can forgive them. I don't do that though, I love them so much that I often forgive them EVEN WITHOUT THEM ASKING ME TO. Not only that, I am a mere human being and I can do this. This god, who knows everything, would know if we are truly sorry for doing wrong. Why would he need an innocent creature to take the punishment for us? It is so disgusting.

That's a really horrible analogy. Not that it's in bad taste, but completely wrong. What separates us men from children? Certainly we know the difference between right and wrong, do we not? This is also why children are not accountable if they sin. They don't know the difference between good and evil.

But you and I are accountable.

Also.. believe it or not, but you are an unjust parent if you do not discipline your child when they do wrong. It is not for a child to decided what is good and evil, it is for you who does, teach them not to do evil, and to do right. If you don't, you obviously don't love your child.

Finally, if Sin was killed, why is there still sin?

Technically speaking, I should have said Death was defeated, because the penalty of Sin is death.. but you would ask the same question. Basically, we will never taste the sting of death, if you believe in Christ. We also will never taste the treachery of Sin on our lips, as Christians will live forever.

Also, I would like to point out, you have a lot of questions for someone who has apparently been a Christian for 20 years.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Wow, that sounds pretty intense. Would have been totally satisfying to finish a game like that.

you do.. its amazing! there is still a mystery at the end of part III "Isles of Terra"

Just like in the Star Trek universe, thy never really figure it out...

(by processing power I meant upstairs)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

(Pharaoh said: O Chiefs! No god do I know for you but myself: therefore, o Haman! Light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the god of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar! ) ( al-qasas, verse 38)

The Pharaoh mentioned in this verse is talking to the nobles of his nation telling them that he knows no God for them except himself, so he calls for Haman asking him to build him from the baked clay "which is the bricks" a high building so that he may see Moses’ God . This verse points to many miracles such as: 1- Pharaoh making himself a God: as in saying ( No god do I know for you but myself ) the archeological researche which had been found on the ancient Egyptian civilization assure that the Pharaohs since the fourth dynasty claimed that they are the children of "god Raa "- the god of the sun which was worshipped by the ancient Egyptians , not only this but also the name "Raa" was among the pharaohs’ surnames such as "Raa Nip" , which means the golden god, and as "Pristed" the archeological scientist said "the most obvious proof that the Pharaohs were making themselves gods could be a song for the sun which had been saved by the texts of the pyramids repeated in it the identification of the Pharaoh as the god of the sun, this song is talking to Egypt including a wonderful long listing of the benefits that Egypt was enjoying them under the protection and ruling of the god of the sun in order of this he gives the Egyptian pharaoh the same benefits therefore, he must receives the same gifts from Egypt that is why the whole song is repeated again putting the name of pharaoh wherever comes the name of "Raa or Horase "in the original song".

1- Pharaoh making himself a God: as in saying ( No god do I know for you but myself ) the archeological researche which had been found on the ancient Egyptian civilization assure that the Pharaohs since the fourth dynasty claimed that they are the children of "god Raa "- the god of the sun which was worshipped by the ancient Egyptians , not only this but also the name "Raa" was among the pharaohs’ surnames such as "Raa Nip" , which means the golden god, and as "Pristed" the archeological scientist said "the most obvious proof that the Pharaohs were making themselves gods could be a song for the sun which had been saved by the texts of the pyramids repeated in it the identification of the Pharaoh as the god of the sun, this song is talking to Egypt including a wonderful long listing of the benefits that Egypt was enjoying them under the protection and ruling of the god of the sun in order of this he gives the Egyptian pharaoh the same benefits therefore, he must receives the same gifts from Egypt that is why the whole song is repeated again putting the name of pharaoh wherever comes the name of "Raa or Horase "in the original song".

miracle is pointing to one of pharaoh's assistant by his name "Haman" : Professor Morris Bokay mentioned the following: The Holy Quran is mentioning a person called Haman who is one of pharaoh's attendants , and that last one demanded from him to build a high tower or a lofty palace allowing pharaoh as he said sarcastically from Moses to mount it and reach the God of his belief . And I wanted to know if that name isn’t connected to a hieroglyphic name, It could be saved as a document of the documents of that age, so then "Nakhara" would be occurred which means "writing the letters of a language in the letters of another language" from a language to another , and I won't satisfied with an answer except if it is coming from an expert in the hieroglyphic language and also knows the Arabic language in a good way , so I asked a French egyptologue scientist the two previous mentioned conditions were perfectly available in him , I wrote in front of him the Arabic name of the eminent man "Haman" but I didn’t mention to him anything about the reality of the concerned text and just told him that this text is related to the seventh century a.c in a doubtless way, his first answer was that origin is impossible because it is not possible to find a text including a name of an eminent man in the hieroglyphic language and also having a hieroglyphic rhyme related to the seventh century a.c and it won't be well known till now ,that is because the hieroglyphic language had forgotten a long time before, on the other hand he advised me to check the dictionary of personal names of the new empire and to search for this name which symbolizes to me the hieroglyphiclanguage if it is really found , he was just assuming this, and while searching I found it written in this dictionary exactly as I expected and Oh...What a surprise!! not only I found his name but also I found his job as it was written in German language "the chief of quarrying workers" but without any sign to the date of the text except that it is related to the empire which Moses' age was during it , and the job which was written points out that the mentioned parson was interested in the construction field, what makes us think of the comparison we can make between the order that pharaoh ordered in the Holy Quran and between what was specified in what was written. God says: ( Pharaoh said: O Chiefs! No god do I know for you but myself: therefore, o Haman! Light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the god of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar! )

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

can you reword that in King James tongue? it's kind of hard to digest...

makes me feel like I am in maybe 6th grade again.

interesting verses though wow

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

king james tounge?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join