It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Entire Space Program Is A Hoax And A Massive Deception

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by InterdimensionalWarrior

The reason the Earth doesn't heat up to the same temperature as a spacecraft in near Earth interplanetary space is because it has an atmosphere and geomagnetic field. A large percentage of the Suns radiation is absorbed 100's of miles up in the outer layers of the atmosphere , a large percentage of it is blocked by the geomagnetic field, and the Earth has relatively highly reflective surface or albedo due to cloud cover and the oceans. There is also the effect of evaporation of water which has the most dramatic cooling effect.

"Really? Absorbed? Are you saying that the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere is 250 Degrees?"

Some of the less dense areas are at a much higher temperature than that,

" And what does the electromagnetic field have to do with anything?"

It blocks particle radiation , which is a significant percentage of energy coming from the sun.

"It does not reflect infrared radiation."
No it doesn't, but the fact that the Earth is covered over 75% by water and the heat of fusion of evaporation is so high, infra red is mitigated by this well understood phenomenon. Spray yourself with a hose with HOT water on a HiT day and see what the effect is.

" You are now claiming that a high albedo, that is, reflectivity can decrease the absorption of heat"

I don't recall ever denying it.

." Does that not undercut your argument that the spacecraft being made of highly polished material would not serve to keep the temperature down?"
It would keep it down some, but have little effect with aluminum in the solar radiation enviroment, which is a wide spectrum of electromagnetic and particle radiation.

"After all, *polished aluminum has an albedo of nearly 1*! Now, I ask you, why are Earth's poles so cold? Why do we have seasons?"

For visible light and we have seasons because the earths axis is tilted. The poles are cold because they receive less direct sunlight

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The reason the Earth doesn't heat up to the same temperature as a spacecraft in near Earth interplanetary space is because it has an atmosphere and geomagnetic field. A large percentage of the Suns radiation is absorbed 100's of miles up in the outer layers of the atmosphere , a large percentage of it is blocked by the geomagnetic field, and the Earth has relatively highly reflective surface or albedo due to cloud cover and the oceans. There is also the effect of evaporation of water which has the most dramatic cooling effect.

Really? Absorbed? Are you saying that the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere is 250 Degrees? And what does the electromagnetic field have to do with anything? It does not reflect infrared radiation. You are now claiming that a high albedo, that is, reflectivity can decrease the absorption of heat. Does that not undercut your argument that the spacecraft being made of highly polished material would not serve to keep the temperature down? After all, polished aluminum has an albedo of nearly 1! Now, I ask you, why are Earth's poles so cold? Why do we have seasons?

InterdimensionalWarrior, you have just contradicted yourself. First you claim that reflection was not enough to keep a space capsule/satalite from heating up. Now you say that the earth's albido is reflective enough to maintain a temperature difference. Here is another question for you. Why are the higher elevations of the earth so much colder than the lower levels?

It seems to me, you cannot have your cake (space capsules heat up) and eat it too (the earth can cool itself by reflection and evaporation. Sorry

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

People who are highly paid off,with extortion money taken from the mainstreams taxes,sworn to secrecy and threatened with their own deaths and the deaths of their families,if they start running their mouths, would make very,very sure they never spoke up about anything vital,hushed up and supressed.Knowing as well that they receive their pay checks and their money grants directly from state and governmental sources, all the more reasons for them to lie through their teeth,spewing pre-arranged scripts,telling the sheeple what they think they should be told and what they think the sheeple want to hear...
edit on 1-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterdimensionalWarrior

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

Bloc, are you even aware that the guy you're defending called you an idiot? Just curious.

I don't recall this, perhaps You can direct us to the post
Or perhaps not

Sure, I said

So far I have learned in this thread that spacecraft will freeze and turn to dust because they overheat from solar radiation. Love it.

You replied

Don't even try it. What one idiot says has nothing to do with the validity of what i said.

The OP is the source for the freeze and turn to dust part. Bloc is the OP.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by InterdimensionalWarrior
Deep space probes are a crock and I can prove it using the scientific method.

Do we need to set up an appointment to get this? How about now? Yeah, pretty sure it's not going to happen.

BTW, I can see from googling your posts over at GLP why you've moved on over here. It's only a matter of time before the fact that you're merely a teenager trolling conspiracy sites becomes common knowledge around here as well.
Is this the mccarthy era? a modern day witch hunt? Needlessly searching through someones internet past,trying to dig up any falsely professed dirt,to try and undermine their intelligent reponses and distract as many people as possible away from the truths those responses shine light upon?

We've already established that you don't live in the same world as the rest of us, so believe me when I say that I fully understand why the fact that someone's past words and actions might not be indicative of their credibility to you.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium

"InterdimensionalWarrior, you have just contradicted yourself. First you claim that reflection was not enough to keep a space capsule/satalite from heating up."

Yep, that's what I said, when we are talking about a wide spectrum of unmitigated solar radiation striking a metal object. .

" Now you say that the earth's albido is reflective enough to maintain a temperature difference. "

Yes, i said that as well. It makes a difference in the amount of solar energy absorbed. But I also mentioned SEVERAL OTHER factors involved which you totally ignored. .

"Here is another question for you. Why are the higher elevations of the earth so much colder than the lower levels?"

Because of the lower pressure, that's the simple answer .

Altitude
Air Pressure
Sea level
14.7 PSI
10,000 feet
10.2 PSI
20,000 feet
6.4 PSI
30,000 feet
4.3 PSI
40,000 feet
2.7 PSI
50,000 feet
1.6 PSI

"It seems to me, you cannot have your cake (space capsules heat up) and eat it too (the earth can cool itself by reflection and evaporation. Sorry"

It seems to me you need to get at least an 6th grade understanding of science before you attempt to discuss it

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Perhaps you are as simple as that 8 year old. You think what you see is individual charged particles hitting the sensor? Isn't the shutter speed like 19 seconds on that? The diameter of the field of view is about 30,000,000 miles. The "speckles" you refer to are not particles. No wonder you think what you do.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Enough

The personal attacks stop now. The off-topic remarks stop now. Adherence to this request is expected. No exceptions.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I apologize for over simplifying my response to your statements and my question concerning elevation. I fully understand the dynamics of air pressure. I also understand that there is no air pressure in space. Please explain the phenomenon of Comets.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Bloc mate listen now it is not top secret to talk about probes and were they are sent .ok bloc mate..i am awaiting your response

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Again, why are the higher latitudes colder? Why do we have seasons? If you were half as smart as you keep claiming, you would know where this line of reasoning is going....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

I think outside the box,way outside and actually i have thrown the box away and i am more than aware that a lot of things are not as they appear to be...

a lot of important events in our lives did not happen for the reasons and the ways we are told to think and believe they did...

i read every single post that any member has ever taken the time to type out and submit into all my threads and i appreciate everyone of them,wether they agree with me or not...

i'm here to expose hushed up and suppressed truths and i'm here to introduce new ideas,new theories and different angles of approach towards discovering the truth...

i'm not here to criticize anyone and i'm not here as a head hunter looking for trouble either and i've never once lied to any member about anything i've ever claimed to have seen,or heard,or been told...

theres more than one piece to this mysterious puzzle we call life and when all the pieces are finally assembled,a clear picture will be revealed and it wont look like what we hoped it would and it wont appear they way we were led to believe...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruelty

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Cruelty
All objects become brittle and shatter? What about satellites? I kind of find it hard to deny they exist. Considering television, GPS, weather imaging, network comm etc.
I find it hard to believe that deep space probes,like voyager and pioneer,are able to fly 35,000 mph,through temperatures of -455 below zero fahrenheit,which is just 4 degrees above absolute zero,for over 30 years and never break down,show no mechanically ill effects and they just dont seem to ever freeze up rock solid either...

Because i dont believe their really up there out in deep space,supposedly well beyond pluto by now.Their just another in a long line of nasa/government psych-ops designed to keep us mesmerized and hypnotized by galaxies,stars,planets and moons,to ensure we keep thinking and looking in the wrong direction,up there in outer space,instead of whats going on around us right here on earth...

As hundreds of billions of our tax dollars are continously and legally extorted from us in ever flowing rivers and streams of lies and deceptions,as the majority of that money,our money,is used by the elites leaders of this world,along with their beautiful people families and friends,enabling them all to live the high life of perpetual wealth and pleasure,while vast underground atom bomb/asteroid proof bunkers are being constructed for them,not us,deep underground...

So NASA/government were doing psyh ops projects a thousand years ago? I dont know if you understand this but the stars, space, planets have been up in the sky before man walked the earth. these imaginary things you
speak of have beenrecorded by man throughout ancient history. Or did the Sumerians and Egyptians, babylonians start NASA?

More than I can say for anything private corporation has done or been able to do on their own. They (corporation) know how to urinate on themselves that is it.
edit on 1-4-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

bloc mate why cover up a probe scenario ? wot for mate.why do you think that about these probes? please tell? why probes makes more sense with probes to do it rather than man in space you are claiming? you keep switching bloc mate between the two, then off on a tangent about bunkers and stuff ..in denver airport etc.You say the voyager never malfunctioned etc just look up voyager and study a bit more my friend ......

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join