It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Annee

hi, well we don't know what happened so you claiming TM was scared is speculation on your part.

I dont think he was scared i think testoterone and ego overtook them both and the exchange of words turned into them exchanging punches.
edit on 28-3-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

Seriously? Did you just dismiss a poster because she doesn't know what happened and her viewpoint is speculation.. and then go on to speculate about what you think happened?
edit on 28-3-2012 by Furbs because: grammar and formatting

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

anyone being chased by a guy with a gun is going to be afraid

how do you know TM saw his gun? or knew he had one. I'm betting the first TM knew zimmerman had a gun was when he pulled it out and shot him.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Starchildren

Here is another question for you and all your TM fans and apologist friends:

Let's assume for a moment that you have a brain in your head

Let's assume for a moment, that you can engage in a discussion without insulting other posters here.

When someone does not have the ability to understand simple logic, it is only fitting that you qualify your statements in a manner suiting the situation.

Everyone here has their own theories and ideas about this case, and not everyone will agree, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just insult others. That's just bad form. Whenever I see a post where someone is doing this, they've lost me as their reader, and their "voice" goes unheard. It's so easy to come to these forums and use them to be mean, but I think as a whole we should all try to do better and treat each other (on the other side of the screen) with respect. I don't see why we can't.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

i'm not dismissing it i'm demonstrating she doesnt know he was scared and neither do I but i can speculate too.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Starchildren

anyone being chased by a guy with a gun is going to be afraid

how do you know TM saw his gun? or knew he had one. I'm betting the first TM knew zimmerman had a gun was when he pulled it out and shot him.

That's a good point. Didn't Zimmerman say he reached for it? I'm not clear on that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Martin's character has no bearing in this case.

If Zimmermans character has a bearing .. then so does Martins.
Both go towards motive ... Was Zimmerman a racist out for blood?
Was Martin a jewlery thief casing the neighborhood that has had breakins?

You can't dismiss one and not the other.
You can't count one in and not the other.
Not when the 'facts' are so clouded.

But FACT: Zimmerman is 100% responsible for Tayvon's death - - - no matter what happened after he chose to ignore the suggestions of the 911 dispatcher.

Those 'facts' are countered by other 'facts'.
We don't know which are true and which aren't.
Like I said .. it's a lesson in jumping to conclusions.
Let the police figure out which story is correct and which isn't.

Its is race related because of what Zimmerman said when talking to the 911 dispatcher.

ALLEGEDLY said. Other sources say 'those words' were not used and that the tape is muddled.
Like I said .. wait for the police report and the facts to be ironed out.

A Vigilante type ego is probably what made him call 911.

More opinion and speculation based on the hype and spin.
Like I said .. don't jump to conclusions until we have FACTS from the police.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Looks a LOT like dismissing. You need to work on your tact, friend.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
the bottom line is Zimmermasn NEVER should have had a weapon with him, neighborhood watches are told NOT to carry weapons, he did, and the unfortunate thing is someone lost their life
Neiborhood watch is EXACTLY THAT: observe and report to the LEOs, not take matters into their OWN HANDS

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Why should this be a race?

Its is race related because of what Zimmerman said when talking to the 911 dispatcher.

And previous calls about suspicious black males.

Zimmerman made it racist.

I don't know what the other comments were but certainly discribing a black person by the color of his or her skin is just common sense. How would it sit with you if he said he was white and then shot him????

That is not all there is to it.

I believe it was the dispatcher who asked him if the man was black - white - Hispanic. Its the other comments Zimmerman made. Plus previous 911 calls about suspicious black males. And comments from neighbors about his obsession with black males (that I personally would put under hearsay) until proven.

So then is the dispatch a rasist?
Well even if you are correct about the other comments, what should he be indited for "extreem observation"????

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

reply to post by Annee

hi, well we don't know what happened so you claiming TM was scared is speculation on your part.

I dont think he was scared i think testoterone and ego overtook them both and the exchange of words turned into them exchanging punches.
edit on 28-3-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

Seriously? Did you just dismiss a poster because she doesn't know what happened and her viewpoint is speculation.. and then go on to speculate about what you think happened?

Its also kind of funny - - - even attempting to suggest a 17 year old kid would not be frightened in this situation.

Besides that - - there is the the testimony of his girlfriend.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

did his girlfriend say he was scared?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Claiming Martin attacked Zimmerman is just as speculative as claiming Zimmerman approached Martin and started the confrontation.

I have yet to see one solid piece of evidence that shows for certain that either event happened. Someone made a wrong move. In my view, from what I have read and seen, that person would be Zimmerman but I am speculating, just like every single person stating their view in these threads. Am I wrong? Maybe. Are you? We'll have to wait and see.

The fighting and name calling going on is just stupid. Really. Nobody here even knew the parties involved, yet we're rattling of scenarios as if we were watching 2 feet away with binoculars and TV ears.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Exactly right, sir. We belong to an actual neighborhood watch and the police at the meeting told us exactly how to behave. Never approach a situation and never carry an arm to patrol the neighborhood.

Zimmerman did both regularly. He was looking for trouble and now he has it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

\

A Vigilante type ego is probably what made him call 911.

More opinion and speculation based on the hype and spin.
Like I said .. don't jump to conclusions until we have FACTS from the police.

Maybe that's why it says "Probably".

For someone who starts a thread on "jump to conclusion" - - - you seem to be doing everything you can to promote excuses for Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The LESSON is no one except for people in America with their pathetic lives gives a crap.

I don't. I don't care about that kid one bit. There are poor kids being abused and killed all over the world that need sympathy.....

this one kid who looks like a little ***** in his photos anyway is getting preferential treatment.

Stop going on about this BS crap story.......americans need to grow up and realize other people have a life and don't give a crap, it is obviously a side-story to something bigger planned. When a black president steps in to defend a black boy....it makes me wanna puke.

People use race for every damn bad thing that happens. Its sooooo convenient. The simple story is a kid got shot for some reason. the Police saw no reason to press charges..END OF!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Absolutely zero racially bigoted undertones in that post.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I am happy to be calling for the arrest of Zimmerman and to be compared to the president and the black community in this matter.

Lovely bunch that you are proud of standing in with ...

New York Daily News -
The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain

The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain who killed unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” leader Mikhail Muhammad said after announcing the reward for George Zimmerman at a protest in Sanford, Fla. Muhammad called on 5,000 black men to mobilize and capture the neighborhood watch volunteer.

“If the government won’t do the job, we’ll do it,” Muhammad said, leading chants that included “freedom or death” and “justice for Trayvon.”

Muhammad said New Black Panther’s chairman, Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, was taking donations from black entertainers and athletes.

Lovely. 'Capture' an American citizen who isn't charged with anything (yet).
Take the law into their own hands. Wanna' talk vigilantism .. mob mentality ..
grab the pitchforks and torches ...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by HomerinNC

Exactly right, sir. We belong to an actual neighborhood watch and the police at the meeting told us exactly how to behave. Never approach a situation and never carry an arm to patrol the neighborhood.

Zimmerman did both regularly. He was looking for trouble and now he has it.

I was part of a Neighborhood Watch too. We had to go to a meeting - run by someone sanctioned by the police department. It was made very clear "Observe only" - - do not engage.

Zimmerman attended a meeting like this too. And totally ignored everything they said.

Vigilantism is just a time bomb waiting to go off - - and eventually someone is going to get hurt or killed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How unfortunate for you to suggest that the Black Panthers speak for the whole of the black community and the President of the United States. Seriously, I am embarrassed for you and I hope you see enough to correct your mistake.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join