It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Take the law into their own hands. Wanna' talk vigilantism .. mob mentality ..
grab the pitchforks and torches ...

Again - - I'm going to state.

Your continued defense of Zimmerman - - - pretty much voids your point of "jumping to conclusions".

I see your "jumping to conclusions" - - - as a Wag the Dog - - - defense of Zimmerman.

link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
the bottom line is Zimmermasn NEVER should have had a weapon with him, neighborhood watches are told NOT to carry weapons, he did, and the unfortunate thing is someone lost their life
Neiborhood watch is EXACTLY THAT: observe and report to the LEOs, not take matters into their OWN HANDS

Obviously you do not believe in self protection.
Where would a society be if cops were told not carry guns or soldiers?
Because you know what?
It is common knowledge that after the age of 18 the responsbility to defend your self is yours and yours alone. Everyone who doesn't pack is thier own worst enemy.
Well unless you are going to protect the people of the world with words???

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Claiming Martin attacked Zimmerman is just as speculative as claiming Zimmerman approached Martin and started the confrontation.

There ya' go. Someone with some good sense.

Originally posted by Annee
For someone who starts a thread on "jump to conclusion" - - - you seem to be doing everything you can to promote excuses for Zimmerman.

Guess you haven't read the thread, eh?
I have said time and time again ... he may be guilty or he may be innocent. I have no idea.
But the 'facts' are so muddled there is no way armchair mob-mentality folks can see clearly.
The original 'facts' all pointed to him being guilty. The new 'facts' all point to him being innocent.
It'll probably cycle through again and again .. innocent, guilty, innocent, guilty.
Every time you post something against Zimmerman, someone here can post something in favor.
Ditto Martin. Everytime someone posts something pro/anti Martin, the exact opposite can be found.
YOU just happen to be part of the mob mentality posting the anti-Zimmerman rhetoric.
So what you see thrown back at you are the 'facts' (allegedly) that are pro-Zimmerman.
It all proves my point .... A lesson in jumping to conclusions ... WE DON"T KNOW FOR SURE

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Do not forget eye witness testimony,
911 calls from atleast 8 different people,
fact that treyvon told zimmerman *you got a problem*\
zimmerman said no, then martin told him NOW YOU DO
and started to attack him..

GET OVER IT..

the hang whitey clowns have been
race baited into hating zimmerman
never get baited into hate.

shame on you people
zimmerman is INNOCENT

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You spent all that effort to make me look bad? You shouldn't have wasted your time. My posts tell my opinion. No one else. And I don't give a rat's ass if I look bad, by the way. You should know that about me.
My opinions are what they are and I'll not keep quiet to try to gain approval of the membership here. You want to compare me to the Black Panthers? Go ahead! It's just more BS to avoid the actual issue.

I find it interesting that you haven't responded to any of the real issues. One example is that you deny that this is about race. This is a racial issue because Zimmerman wasn't even arrested. You say black men kill black people all the time and there's no news story about it. That's because those black men are arrested and must go through the legal system.

How do you justify that disparity?

Never mind... Just call me a black-lover and we'll forget all about having a decent discussion...

link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

You're rhetoric is tired and incorrect. Come out with supportable facts, not silly gossip.

link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
shame on you people
zimmerman is INNOCENT

NO he is NOT.

Zimmerman created the situation that resulted in a death.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

shame on you people
zimmerman is INNOCENT

NO he is NOT.

Actually, from strictly a legal standpoint, Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty.

Does that mean he didn't kill a child of his own free will? Nope. Just means he hasn't been prosecuted yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Never mind... Just call me a black-lover and we'll forget all about having a decent discussion...

Yeah - - well we know that's not going to happen.

Flyer Fan - - is just hiding behind "jumping to conclusion".

The continued defense of Zimmerman - - - makes real intention obvious.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Take it up with BH. She's the one who made the blanket statement that she was proud to be standing
with the mob mentality. So I showed exactly what kind of mob mentality is out there. No 'mistake' about it.

Your continued defense of Zimmerman - - -

Again .. go read the damn thread. I'm not 'defending Zimmerman'. You people have jumped on the mob mentality train. All based on the spin and hype and political posturing. I'm showing that there are two sides to the story and that people shouldn't jump to conclusions. I've stated my position many times. I can't help it if you are thick headed and refuse to see that.

I see ....

If that's how you see things then I suggest you get some reading glasses.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

shame on you people
zimmerman is INNOCENT

NO he is NOT.

Actually, from strictly a legal standpoint, Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty.

Does that mean he didn't kill a child of his own free will? Nope. Just means he hasn't been prosecuted yet.

From a legal standpoint. Which apparently doesn't stand for Tayvon - - who's been tried and convicted many times over in these threads.

Zimmerman is guilty of taking the law into his own hands. Not "legally guilty" yet - - but definitely guilty by fact.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Intellectual dishonesty or simple mistake?

I am happy to be calling for the arrest of Zimmerman and to be compared to the president and the black community in this matter.

BH is clearly claiming to be happy to be calling for the arrest of Zimmerman and being compared to the black community and the President

You then posted a link to the Black Panthers who are calling for his capture.

The difference is not even subtle. You aren't that obtuse.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Take it up with BH. She's the one who made the blanket statement that she was proud to be standing
with the mob mentality.

I made no such statement. Here's what I said:

I am happy to be calling for the arrest of Zimmerman and to be compared to the president and the black community in this matter.

Yeah, no discussion here. Later.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Legally, Trayvon will never be guilty of anything, as you cannot be legally prosecuted for anything after being deceased. So, let the haters keep hating. That boy is dead, a martyr to racial strife.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ok...this is my opinion..

What is pretty much consistent in info..

1.Do not forget eye witness testimony,
fact that treyvon told zimmerman *you got a problem*\ zimmerman said no, then martin told
him NOW YOU DO and started to attack him..

2. Zimmerman WAS attacked..
3. Zimmerman retreated to his SUV when told by 911

Now.......

1. The grand jury WILL NOT move to press charges...clear self defense by Fla. law.
2. When that is made public, who do you think will start to riot and loot....guess
3. Police and citizens are preparing for this..
4. More attackers WILL be shot......

Now are you satisfied....book it ....this will happen..!!! Are you feeling good now....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You spent all that effort to make me look bad?

Didn't take all that much effort.

You shouldn't have wasted your time.

I'm so happy that you are so concerned about my use of my time.

I find it interesting that you haven't responded to any of the real issues.

Wrong. I find it interesting that you are deflecting and claiming that.

One example is that you deny that this is about race.

Ahhh .. more loaded language. The FACT is that it hasNOT about determined to be about race.
That's part of the hype and spin. YOU deny that it isn't about race. Backatchya

You say black men kill black people all the time and there's no news story about it.

I never said that there was 'no news story about it'. YOU said that black men are killed all the time and that their killers are all free. Your insinuation was that it was white people killing black people and getting away with it. That's poppycock. I gave stats that show 9/10 of black murders are done by black people.

Just call me a black-lover and we'll forget all about having a decent discussion.

Passive/Aggressive shades of Ceci2006. Congratulations.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If it is true about the way he was attacked then I don't see any way he could have NOT killed him. I would 100% have done the same thing. Anybody who says they wouldn't have... well I am having trouble understanding how your brain works if you would just sit and get wailed on while having a gun in your possession. For what?? because you don't want to be racist or kill somebody? Oh well see ya if you are going to assault people in my opinion.

BTW things like this happen all the time, but for some reason this is getting way more attention. Like crime's version of Tebowmania or something.
edit on 28-3-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by booky
Ok...this is my opinion..

What is pretty much consistent in info..

1.Do not forget eye witness testimony,
fact that treyvon told zimmerman *you got a problem*\ zimmerman said no, then martin told
him NOW YOU DO and started to attack him..

2. Zimmerman WAS attacked..
3. Zimmerman retreated to his SUV when told by 911

Now.......

1. The grand jury WILL NOT move to press charges...clear self defense by Fla. law.
2. When that is made public, who do you think will start to riot and loot....guess
3. Police and citizens are preparing for this..
4. More attackers WILL be shot......

Now are you satisfied....book it ....this will happen..!!! Are you feeling good now....

More conjecture and unbased rhetoric.

The Grand Jury is not being called because the State Attorney has taken it upon herself to decide what to do. So, your 'prediction' is already void.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by booky

You only have his word thats the way it happened. Theres no independant witness who saw zimmerman return to his suv and be attacked.
edit on 28-3-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join