It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, I would. Because he would be a killer. You are the one adding connotation to the word killer. The denotation you provided in your link backs my assertion.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Annee
So you are saying Zimmerman did not go beyond observing a person he was suspicious of?
Are you saying Zimmerman stayed in his car - called 911 - - and waited for them to arrive?
Is that what you are saying?

No ... that's what I think he should have done.
But what I'm saying is the facts are not all in.
You are quoting one set of 'facts' that says one thing.
Others are quoting a set of 'facts' that says something else.
I SAY - let the police figure it out and WAIT FOR THEM to come up with a charge for the fella.

YES - - the Facts are - - Zimmerman did not stay in his car and observe.

Zimmerman is responsible for creating and escalating a situation that resulted in a death.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
Also there is enough to go to a grand jury with.. so.. why no arrest yet?

When there is, there will be an arrest and he will be charged. Until then .. what we think we know is just what is just the spin and hype. We don't have the facts. The cops do. They are putting their case together. I made my prediction earlier in the thread ... I betchya he'll get Involuntary Manslaughter .. or maybe Manslaughter ... and then someone will 'take him out'. I believe he's a dead man walking ...

Gotta wait for the investigation to be done and a solid case to be made. If he's arrested willy-nilly without the facts being in order then it's rule by mob mentality and .. if he's guilty .. he could easily get off without being found guilty.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I am happy to be calling for the arrest of Zimmerman and to be compared to the president and the black community in this matter.

No surprise there.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Zimmerman is an admitted killer. He ADMITTED to KILLING Tayvon. Who's twisting words here? Your link says a killer is someone who kills. Zimmerman killed Trayvon and admitted it.

I guess we should be more politically correct, huh? How about we say he's a "self-acknowledged mortality presenter"? He has acknowledged that he gifted Trayvon with his mortality. Sounds like a real giver, that Zimmerman!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If Zimmerman did not take the law into his own hands - - - Tayvon would not be dead.

Zimmerman is 100% responsible.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yes, I would. Because he would be a killer. You are the one adding connotation to the word killer.

It's loaded language. Part of the hype and spin.
If YOU would call someone defending himself in his home an 'admitted killer' then go right ahead.

the Facts are - - Zimmerman did not stay in his car and observe.

He didn't have to. It would have been smarter if he had. But he didn't have to.
And the 'facts' are muddled about what the dispatcher said to him.
Like I said .. let the cops wade through the 'facts' and find which ones are correct.

Zimmerman is responsible for creating and escalating a situation that resulted in a death.

Most likely true. But you can't charge him with 'stupidity'. You have to wait for the case to be put
together by the police. I'm sure they are being very careful to dot their 'i's and cross their 't's because
all the hype has gotten this national interest.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I made my prediction earlier in the thread ... I betchya he'll get Involuntary Manslaughter .. or maybe Manslaughter ... and then someone will 'take him out'

Nevermind.

I thought this was a serious thread, but here you are jumping to conclusions in a thread deriding others for doing the same thing.

Have a good one.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And the next time a black person has to shoot to kill an intruder you'll be the first to spit out 'he's an admitted killer', right? yeah .. like that's going to happen.
It's loaded language. Part of the hype you admit you have embraced.

I thought this was a serious thread, but here you are jumping to conclusions in a thread deriding others for doing the same thing.

I made a prediction about what I think will happen. I said .. It's a PREDICTION. Not a fact.
That's not jumping to conclusions.
It's a prediction based upon all the hype and spin ... and I think it's probably very accurate.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I went out yesterday to run errands in town and decided to make a mental note of how many people I saw wearing hoodies and their age ranges.

Stopped off at meals on wheels - noticed a handful of senior citizens wearing hoodies

Delivered some meals to my 6 clients - oops, again, saw one woman, in her 70's, you guessed it..... a hoodie.

Went to the grocery store - too many to count, but the age ranges were toddlers to seniors.... hoodies

Took my daughter to the park - spied 2 teens girls and their male friend wearing a hoodie......

Who else wore hoodies? Me, my daughter.... my husband. We've always worn hoodies.

Sometimes I like to dress up in a long black skirt and black shirt, doesn't make me a wiccan or a witch
And when my husband wears all black, doesn't make him Johnny Cash

Ah and our liquor store recently got robbed by a white 16 year old kid...... was he wearing a hoodie? NOPE. he was wearing a jean jacket and a ski mask.

As far as I'm concerned, the hoodie is not the fashion choice for criminals......

So, what was Zimmerman wearing that night? What's the fashion stigma for latinos gunning down teen boys?

I knew this stupid response was coming.

Not all people who wear hoodies rob stores.

Not all people who rob stores wear hoodies.

However, hoodies are quite popular among those who rob stores because of their ability to conceal physical features. They also seem to be quite a popular wardrobe item among actors on TV and in movies portraying bad guys. Pay attention to that sometime.

There is no question that hoodies are associated with bad guys. Everyone knows this. It's just a fact, and you can't deny it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Zimmerman may be aive, but his life is over.

But whose fault is that?

And I seriously do not agree with what Spike Jones did. That's extremely reckless, dangerous, and encourages violence.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My GOD, it is a sad incident, a kid died (whatever the circumstances surrounding it) but at the end of the day its just another death.

This is being blown sky high by racist anger turning a tragedy (yea thats correct a tragedy) into a full blown race war by the black community.

kill the cracker....

Any chance of a conviction will be thrown out of the window because of the impossibility of a fair trial. Well done... Justice for the kid can never be served through the courts because of the anger

Some of you people really have no idea what matters do you? What about the kids getting blown apart everyday in wars started by our governments? Where is your "justice t-shirts"? What about that poor Iraqi woman killed because of her race? I dont see everyone asking for justice.

Pathetic attitudes. And the mother with her copy writing the kids name too is ludicrous

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Most likely true. But you can't charge him with 'stupidity'. You have to wait for the case to be put
together by the police. I'm sure they are being very careful to dot their 'i's and cross their 't's because
all the hype has gotten this national interest.

Most likely true? No it is 100% true.

Zimmerman took the law into his own hands and now someone is dead.

I can not predict how the courts will handle this case.

But FACT: Zimmerman is 100% responsible for Tayvon's death - - - no matter what happened after he chose to ignore the suggestions of the 911 dispatcher.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by trutrutru
reply to post by AwakeinNM

"The account that you just typed is the account that the MSM has been peddling since day one. If you have been following the story at all, you would know that it may not be entirely accurate. If Martin felt so threatened, how did he end up on top of Zimmerman and punching him? Kinda brave of him, don't you think?

I'm not totally disagreeing, but how about you leave the Treyvon pity party before it's no longer fashionable to be there. You don't know the facts any more than I do. You just read stuff in the paper and repeat it here"

the facts?...what facts...you mean the supposed facts that have nothing to do with this case?....like the "stolen" jewlery he was found with last fall?.....or the fact that he had been suspended from school?

you mean those facts...the ones that have absolutely nothing to do with this case...the one's everyone is trying to throw around in order to justify this kid losing his life to an idiot wanting to find trouble? those ones? or are you talking about his statement to police? Cause those are facts...right? give me a break...any new information that has arised has done nothing to disprove the fact that this kid lost his to a fool who should be jailed.

and as for your comment regarding martin being on top of zimmerman....like i've stated before..when in a physical altercation with someone with a gun...your basically fighting for your life....if martin gave zimmerman the beating of his life its because when your going up against someone with a gun, not doing so will get you killed.

by zimmermans own testimony...martin went for his gun...meaning that gun was in plain sight...martin was aware of it...and therefore is very likely that he felt his life was in serious danger...which would explain whatever beating he layed on zimmerman...he was fighting for his life

and your right..nobody knows the full facts...but taking zimmermans statement as fact is just plain stupid..and none of the other stuff that arised has anything to do with this case..nor does it justify martin losing his life

The "facts" that you are trying to dismiss as irrelevant actually serve to establish Martin's character. A person's character is indicative of how they conduct, and are likely to conduct themselves with respect to others. This is why employers and many others conduct background checks.

If he is a drug dealer and a thief, and it is established that he in fact engaged in such activities regularly in the past, it would suggest that Treyvon's violent behavior toward Zimmerman as is being alleged now might not be out of character for him.

Your logic would suggest that employers should simply trust someone on faith because they have not YET committed a crime against THEM, correct?

edit on 28-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrH191
My GOD, it is a sad incident, a kid died (whatever the circumstances surrounding it) but at the end of the day its just another death.

If it was your child.

It would not be just another death.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
They also seem to be quite a popular wardrobe item among actors on TV and in movies portraying bad guys. Pay attention to that sometime.

LOL Yeah!! Pay attention to what TV tells you!!

It might have been better if George Zimmerman paid LESS attention to what TV told him.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The "facts" that you are trying to dismiss as irrelevant actually serve to establish Martin's character.

Martin's character has no bearing in this case.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The "facts" that you are trying to dismiss as irrelevant actually serve to establish Martin's character.

It sure as hell does. You would make one crappy lawyer.

edit on 28-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

They also seem to be quite a popular wardrobe item among actors on TV and in movies portraying bad guys. Pay attention to that sometime.

LOL Yeah!! Pay attention to what TV tells you!!

It might have been better if George Zimmerman paid LESS attention to what TV told him.

Why would Geraldo make the comment he made? It was a stupid comment, but he made it why? Because there IS a stereotype and you know it. So stop being a Treyvon apologist like so many others on here.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why should this be a race issue?
Black folk kill black folk all the time.
White folk kill white folk all the time.
Why in this incident is skin color an issue?
People better start looking at ways to unite instead of divide.
You all are playing right into the hands of the Propaganda Machine.

edit on 40am12 310am31 by longjohnbritches because: issue ?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It sure as hell does. You would make one crappy lawyer.

Are you a lawyer?

How does Tayvon's character have anything to do with this case?

And - of course - if the courts allow information not related to this case - - like character - - Zimmerman's criminal history must also be admitted as evidence.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join