It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I feel the main thing here is, he was told not to follow by dispatch and he did anyway. Very important point!! Also he took a gun with him, which in my eyes he was planned to use it. If he had no interest in harming the boy, then way did he not just let the police do their job. The boy was not on his property so what gives him the right to be judge and jury! The kid did not go looking for him, Zimmerman followed him. Then the kid was dead. As far as the kid fighting him, most people would fight too if they feared for their life. Point one: kid had no weapon. Point two: Zimmerman had the gun, Point Three: Kid was being followed or stalked not the other way around. Point four: The kid was younger, smaller then the other guy who had a gun. Why would he not be scared? What right did Zimmerman have to follow the kid or suspect him? Did he enter his yard? or his home? or damage any property? What was so suspicious? As far as why the police did not arrest Zimmerman yet? I don't no but just maybe they have to collect all the evidence and build a solid case. The main player in this is dead and can not give his side of the story.

On another note. It does not matter if the kid was in a gang or a druggy or if he was high as a kite at the time. That gives no one any right to pull a gun on you and shot you!!

If there is evidence to come along to prove the kid was up to no good at that moment in time, then maybe it might change my mind but still Zimmerman should not of followed him and confronted him. That job is for the people with the badges. What did he think was going to happen when he confronted him? I believe since he took a gun, he was assuming there would be a confrontation. So was he plan on shooting him from the beginning?
edit on 26-3-2012 by peaceanhope because: misspelling

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I haven't been able to read the entire thread yet, but may I be allowed to call BS on the assumption that a larger person automatically equals a more capable fighter?

Yeah if you go back and read the thread and direct this to the right people. Zimmerman's defenders keep trying to say that Zimmerman is the obvious victim just because Martin is taller and weighed alot. They keep lying about his height and weight just to make the argument as well. Tell it to them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

Originally posted by timetothink

Don't call me a liar.

Wait for the autopsy result

I already know the autopsy result. Trayvon Martin was murdered with a single 9mm shot in his chest. The person who pulled the trigger was George Zimmerman, a self appointed neighborhood watch captain with a history of domestic violence and prior arrests for felony battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence.

What difference does it make?

Zimmerman was the aggressor, he confronted Martin without authority, then murdered an unarmed Martin in cold blood. DO you dispute this? Zimmerman forced an unnecessary confrontation which led to Martin's death. He needs to pay for his crime.

Categorically"
QUESTIONABLE: IF you already know the autopsy result then you: either the Doctor who performed it, or have a copy of the report which all my searches have not turned up, so IF you do then please share it here on ATS
AGREE - Mr. Martin was killed by a single shot to the chest.
WRONG: there is no proof to date of a murder
AGREE - George Zimmerman has admitted to having shot Mr. Martin in self defense
WRONG - Mr. Zimmer was NOT a self appointed watch person: www.msnbc.msn.com...
Zimmerman was listed in the HOA newsletter as being the person responsible for security.[citation needed] Wendy Dorival, who organizes Neighborhood Watch for the Sanford Police Department, told the Sentinel in a recent interview that Zimmerman was chosen as a watch coordinator by his neighbors.[39]
WRONG: no judgement by court of domestic violence as judge ordered both individuals to stay away from each other
UNCONFIRMED: ???? No felony battery charge found per se as actual charge listed was: resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer - regardless, this charge however was dropped after Mr. Zimmerman atteneded a pretrial diversion program and no charges were placed on his record.
INCONCLUSIVE: no proof to date 'who' made the original attack or was the agressor.
WRONG; no proof of lack of authority as there is no proof of who attacked whom, and in fact, as shown above, Mr. Zimmerman was approved by the HOA as responsible for security. SEE ABOVE
AGREE: Mr. Martin was reported to be unarmed
WRONG: No proof of 'in cold blood'
And lastly: FACT: Investigations are in process and there is no information on the internet stating the results of any of the following investigations are finished or results having been been released: en.wikipedia.org...
Multiple investigations are ongoing. On March 20, the FBI and the Justice Department announced that they were opening investigations into the incident.[72] The state governor, Rick Scott, has asked the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate the shooting.[73] A Seminole County grand jury will also investigate the case, and will convene on April 10, 2012[74] according to State Attorney Norm Wolfinger.[15
The loss of the young mans life is wrong, but the blame for his death is yet to be proven by the legal system.
We will all find out the result after all the investigations are completed.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by Nyiah
I haven't been able to read the entire thread yet, but may I be allowed to call BS on the assumption that a larger person automatically equals a more capable fighter?

Yeah if you go back and read the thread and direct this to the right people. Zimmerman's defenders keep trying to say that Zimmerman is the obvious victim just because Martin is taller and weighed alot. They keep lying about his height and weight just to make the argument as well. Tell it to them.

Agree: the size of the person, i.e. a larger person does is 'not' predictive of the outcome
Martin is taller but did not weight a lot, but this is irrelevant.
en.wikipedia.org...
Trayvon Benjamin Martin (February 5, 1995 – February 26, 2012) was the son of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin. He was 17 years old, 6' 3" and weighing 140 pounds at the time of his death.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Zimmerman was the aggressor, he confronted Martin without authority,

When mom said: "don't talk to strangers," I didn't think it was because there was a law against it.

then murdered an unarmed Martin in cold blood.

Armed and unarmed make no difference. Further, the statutes for the charge of murder are not satisfied by the known sequence of events.

DO you dispute this?

I'm skeptic. Unlike mere average individuals; I do not presume every situation must have an aggressor/assailant.

Zimmerman forced an unnecessary confrontation which led to Martin's death.

Not a completely illogical claim. However, one must question whether or not Martin would have reacted the same to a police officer.

Let's insert a hypothetical under cover police officer into Zimmerman's place. How does that change the outcome?

He needs to pay for his crime.

He needs to stand a trial where the evidence is reviewed and he is innocent until proven guilty.

You are attempting to judge without authority and sentence by proxy.

"But Martin didn't get a trial!"

No, he didn't. However, tough # for him. If the evidence indicates Zimmerman was criminal in his behavior - then 'justice' can be done in that respect. However, 'wrong' or 'bad' decisions do not constitute criminal behavior or establish legal consequence. We can all agree that Zimmerman should not have followed Martin. That still doesn't make him a criminal.

You should have pulled off to a rest area and taken a nap (kind of what they are for) instead of pushing through. When you fell asleep at the wheel and killed a family of five, you weren't really doing anything criminal. It's not a crime to drive tired. Bad idea? Yeah. Can it have serious consequences? Certainly. Is there even a crime for you to "pay" for (presuming you survive)? No.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I am not a psychic and the autopsy report is not out.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This was a tragic and unnecessary crime that could have been avoided, followed by an inept police investigation in a grossly corrupt Florida county.

Personally speaking, if an armed and aggressive "potential assailant" such as Zimmerman followed me through my neighborhood, I'd have pulled my S&W and unloaded in self defense. Unfortunately Trayvon Martin was never afforded that opportunity.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

So you can carry a gun and use it just for being followed, but GZ can't carry and use on someone beating the crap out of him......

Hypocrisy at it's finest.....totally illogical.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

Again...Zimmerman had absolutely no right to ask for identification. Had it been me and i saw him stalk me then request my ID, I'd tell him to go piss up a rope. If he wanted to argue about it, I'd bust his chops.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dagann

Nobody ever said he asked for I'd......he asked a stranger in a private aged community what he was doing there.....
Actually we don't even know if that happened...

Bottom line he lived there, kid did not....and in this country you can ask anyone a question, but you cannot trespass.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I think we both know vixen meant Zimmerman approached the teen as if he had an authority that he didn't actually own.
edit on 26-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

reply to post by ~Vixen~

So you can carry a gun and use it just for being followed, but GZ can't carry and use on someone beating the crap out of him......

Hypocrisy at it's finest.....totally illogical.

Explain how that's illogical? It's using a weapon for self defense versus using a weapon to unnecessarily intimidate someone.

Maybe Zimmerman should have used common sense before he approached Martin and created a confrontational situation in which his own survival depended upon killing another person. He bit off more than he could chew, was getting his ass kicked hard, and had to resort to using his firearm to bail himself out.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It's been a month since the shooting and the autopsy report isn't out?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Why must one, 'question whether or not Martin would have reacted the same to a police officer,’? Zimmerman was not a properly trained police officer, was wrongly carrying a weapon and wrongly continued to follow Martin against instruction - and Martin is now dead. If it had been (hypothetically) a police officer (and not a vigilante) Martin would probably still be alive due to a combination of pretty obvious factors e.g. the officer’s training, Martin’s lack of surprise at being questioned by the police etc.

Why is Zimmerman not standing trial to determine his innocence or guilt? That really is the issue. It would seem that the US is hopping and skipping right past the investigative, evidential and punitive stages of a civilised and fair justice system.

BTW here in the UK if you’re tired and cause an accident behind the wheel of a car you will be charged with dangerous driving and possibly man slaughter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here is a link OP.
The case is going to Grand Jury on April 10th.
SOURCE

So.. obviously the police action following the shooting was a poor one and there are enough questions.
I do think this guy was an idiot and needs to go to trial and I think he is guilty of a crime, but I do, however, hope that he can get a fair trial. The media will have made that very hard. The media did exploit this murder as did the president which is a shame (however I will note that without the media circus Zimmerman likely would not have gone to trial which may have been an equal shame).
edit on 26-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

He will be standing trial.
It begins April 10th. See my above post.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Where is your proof he used the gun to intimidate him? That is just pulled out of the air.

He had a conceal carry permit and had his gun on him....the whole purpose of that permit is to always have your gun with you.

The wild assumptions just keep growing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

reply to post by dagann

Nobody ever said he asked for I'd......he asked a stranger in a private aged community what he was doing there.....
Actually we don't even know if that happened...

Bottom line he lived there, kid did not....and in this country you can ask anyone a question, but you cannot trespass.

Trespass would indicate a lack of authorized access. That wasn't the case. Martin had every right to be there, and if questioned by Zimmerman he had every right to ignore him. Self appointed neighborhood watch captain doesn't authorize you to interrogate or intimidate others in the neighborhood.

Regardless, Zimmerman knew that police were enroute, so there was no reason to escalate the issue that resulted in this shooting.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I don't work for the coroner....

What do you want from me?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I am slightly perplexed. A grand jury will beginning hearing the case on April 10 but charges have not been filed against Zimmerman?

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join