It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
I have not had the time to watch or read the MSM. Has there been any mention of this?

WikiLeaks publishes Stratfor emails‎
Canada.com - 2 hours ago
By Stephen Grey, Reuters February 27, 2012 11:07 AM WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange attends a news conference at the City University in London December 1, ...
+Video: WikiLeaks attacks Stratfor KXAN.comWikiLeaks releases alleged Stratfor e-mails, promises thousands more‎ CNET
Stratfor calls WikiLeaks e-mail release 'deplorable'‎ CNN
CBC.ca - USA TODAY
all 947 news articles »

947 news articles linked in Google as of now. The coverage came along slowly though. This happened last night, where there was only about 20 linked stories.

I don't think it is something MSM can ignore however, to big of a story. Like the old wikileaks stories, I imagine they will hit it hard, fast and let it fade as soon as possible. Unless there is something in the emails about people the don't like.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh tell me about it, Trying to get to the bottom of this with a clear head is turning me grey!

Hopefully once the storm blows over a bit there may be some clearer info, But i feel there's a 2nd wave going to hit before this lots calms down,

Hold on for the ride!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thank you! Still waiting on the Goldman Sachs release. They teased it last night (anon twitter) but nothing as of yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Press release from Statfor

www.prnewswire.com...

Below is a statement from Stratfor on release of company emails by Wikileaks:
In December, thieves compromised Stratfor's data systems and stole a large number of company emails, along with other private information of Stratfor readers, subscribers and employees. Those stolen emails apparently will be published by Wikileaks. This is a deplorable, unfortunate — and illegal — breach of privacy.
Some of the emails may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic. We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimized twice by submitting to questioning about them.
For subscribers and friends of Stratfor, we stress that the disclosure of these emails does not mean that there has been another hack of Stratfor's computer and data systems. Stratfor's data systems, which we have worked hard to rebuild since the December hack, remain secure and protected.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Its going to happen tonight sometime, There gearing up for it and im sure there a whole bunch of people going to try stop it...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Press release from Statfor

www.prnewswire.com...

Below is a statement from Stratfor on release of company emails by Wikileaks:
In December, thieves compromised Stratfor's data systems and stole a large number of company emails, along with other private information of Stratfor readers, subscribers and employees. Those stolen emails apparently will be published by Wikileaks. This is a deplorable, unfortunate — and illegal — breach of privacy.
Some of the emails may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic. We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimized twice by submitting to questioning about them.
For subscribers and friends of Stratfor, we stress that the disclosure of these emails does not mean that there has been another hack of Stratfor's computer and data systems. Stratfor's data systems, which we have worked hard to rebuild since the December hack, remain secure and protected.

Surprise surprise, they are just going to deny it all.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
breach of privacy my ass, Stratfor is crapping themselves and pointing fingers anywhere they can for a minor diversion.

You are busted Startfor, bend over and take it like the men you pretend to be.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Xieon

If this keeps going they may not have a choice, They will have to answer and who knows maybe to the law?

link   
yes i heard on bbc radio that stratfor gave a statement that it is unfortunate and they would not be commenting on any individual email.
edit on 012929p://f41Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

I would love for them to comment on this one.....lol

source
edit on 012929p://f44Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

"post no email addys or numbers on ATS***
edit on 27-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hopefully this is just a taste, and there is some really damning stuff going to be released. It would be nice to see some corrupt heads that deserve it roll for a change. I am not holding out hope that it's gonna happen, I would rather be pleasantly surprised, than let down in disappointment, metaphorically speaking of course.

edit on Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:44:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yea
...We got hacked and all our clients have been given a good upskirt but we're safe now, so come join!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As the quote says,

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not a lawyer either however I would think anyone in their right mind would want justice for someone who purposely withheld a murderer do we need "laws" to determine the wrong in that?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Soshh

I am under the thinking that there might be some fraudulent info coming at us also, but 5 million emails? Don't think it's all fake.

Still waiting, of course,

Well you'd have to be seriously dedicated to forge 5 million e-mails, if that is the true number. I wouldn't suggest that it is all fake; the question should be why some of it is.

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Soshh

yes i would agree some of them are quite funny and they are just conversational banter between individuals who seem to work for an intelligence gathering agency....but when on looks at the names...the sender and the reciever and the dates and put them together with issues being discussed....it seems to fit into a chronological timeline.....so what i am gathering from you is...hoax......or am i wrong there.

What we can be sure of is that STRATFOR was hacked. The hackers (who are they?) claim that material was appropriated by them and we assume that this is true. If this is true that is not to say that what Wikileaks received was what the hackers appropriated, if you catch my drift.

Some of you may find this interesting. George Friedman, January, on the hack:

"The consequence of this will not be a glorious anarchy in the spirit of Guy Fawkes, but rather a massive repression. I think this is a pity. That's why I wonder who the hackers actually are and what cause they serve. I am curious as to whether they realize the whirlwind they are sowing, and whether they, in fact, are trying to generate the repression they say they oppose."

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
yes i heard on bbc radio that stratfor gave a statement that it is unfortunate and they would not be commenting on any individual email.
edit on 012929p://f41Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

I would love for them to comment on this one.....lol

*Removed*

source
edit on 012929p://f44Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

There was a member, who was banned for posting a partial phone number for the guy, who texted him last night. Sean (stratfor) apparently texted back about this particular email saying something like "just wait, there will be more".

Take it for what it's worth. But it's all a Cluster F right now. Cant WAIT for goldman sachs
edit on 27-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Press relase from"Yesmen"

theyesmen.org...

Many of the Bhopal-related emails, addressed from Stratfor to Dow and Union Carbide public relations directors, reveal concern that, in the lead-up to the 25th anniversary of the Bhopal disaster, the Bhopal issue might be expanded into an effective systemic critique of corporate rule, and speculate at length about why this hasn't yet happened—providing a fascinating window onto what at least some corporate types fear most from activists.

"[Bhopal activists] have made a slight nod toward expanded activity, but never followed through on it—the idea of 'other Bhopals' that were the fault of Dow or others," mused Joseph de Feo, who is listed in one online source as a "Briefer" for Stratfor.

"Maybe the Yes Men were the pinnacle. They made an argument in their way on their terms—that this is a corporate problem and a part of the a [sic] larger whole," wrote Kathleen Morson, Stratfor's Director of Policy Analysis.

"With less than a month to go [until the 25th anniversary], you'd think that the major players—especially Amnesty—would have branched out from Bhopal to make a broader set of issues. I don't see any evidence of it," wrote Bart Mongoven, Stratfor's Vice President, in November 2004. "If they can't manage to use the 25th anniversary to broaden the issue, they probably won't be able to.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks,

A reminder please do not post any phone numbers ect on ATS, That is forbidden,

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
this one is of global importance......PLEASE READ!

Someone has stole my lunch....oh man.

Email-ID

To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:25:51 PM
Subject: Re: PUBLIC CONFESSION -the Lunch on me? scandal

You ate the bait.

Fred's rule # 2 -

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations.

On 8/30/2011 2:21 PM, Adam Wagh wrote:

ATTENTION ALL -
Unfortunately, I think the culprit might be me. I usually keep a spare
lunch in the freezer in case i forget to grab one before I leave the
house (most often Amy's products including the pesto tortellini) and I
did eat some today thinking it was my spare. I will of course replace
the meal I ate, and try to be much more careful in the future. SORRY
ROB!!

Can you believe the nerve of some people

more on this breaking story here

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link