It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

I keep getting an IE message that on the first link they are unable to connect to the page. As for the mirror, it comes up with an invalid link? I'm not sure what is going on there...anyone else having trouble accessing it?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

But... but... they're just trying to get the truth!

I see you like double standards.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

Thanks for that Xieon,

This is bad stuff, maybe the worst so far. This is a link to a Wikileak preamble on the e-mails,

theyesmen.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by hp1229

Since when did WL pay anyone to leak anything? The system is setup so that they themselves dont even know the sources of the leaks.

Not paying to leak anything but possibly paying to obtain information that is worthy enough for leakage. How do you think the information is uploaded? They have to maintain wikileak servers dont they? Where is the revenue coming from?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

I don't follow what you mean by double standards?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
reply to post by casenately

I've never said that. I've said that there's not enough now to warrant the level of spite that's been displayed in this thread. It's like if WL dangles a company name out there, it's automatically the bad guy and no one questions it. After that, it's nothing more than confirmation bias.

It's certainly a dangerous precedent to invoke.

So far we have collusion and control of the media, illegal payoffs, talk of assasinations and manipulation of the economy.

I think your motives look suspect at this point.

Sometimes a smoking gun is just that, a smoking gun.

If half of what I've read is true, and I've only read about 50, there is something seriously rotten here.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm sure this has been thought of before at STRATFOR so excuse the redundancy. I was reading a solid Forbes article on Assange and it said that a large number of deep pocket corporations were looking into leak-focused network security after these Wikileak episodes.

I was wondering if it was possible for us to get some of that "leak-focused" gravy train. This is an obvious fear sale, so that's a good thing. And we have something to offer that the IT security companies don't, mainly our focus on counter-intelligence and surveillance that Fred and Stick know better than anyone on the planet.

We do a lot of good work with all the personal/executive security analysis as well. Could we develop some ideas and procedures on the idea of "leak-focused" network security that focuses on preventing one's own employees from leaking sensitive information.

The point here is that I am sure there are certain procedures and precautions that companies should employ that go beyond installing network security network to deal with potential leaks. In fact, Im not so sure this is an IT problem that requires an IT solution.

-- Marko Papic

Source
Hahahahaha oh man. Talk about facepalm.....

edit on Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:55:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: forgot link

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Sure! I work for STRATFOR and have nothing better to do than troll on ATS and try to convince the fringe to be more open-minded.

The talks of "assassination" I've seen seem to be tongue-in-cheek. Or not directly related to STRATFOR, but only reported/surmised by them. Bribery, blackmail, other crimes... Why is that any different than hacking into a company's email server to get some dirt on them? How is that any less diabolical? Because one is for personal gain, and other other is for the "greater good"? I'm sure that Assange has zero personal interest in seeing STRATFOR crumble and potentially clearing his name. It's all the Intel game. Wikileaks, STRATFOR... They're all doing the same thing, they just have different customers and motives.

The rest of that, I have not seen. Care to share your sources?
edit on 27-2-2012 by Highground because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xieon

Originally posted by smurfy
Does anybody know who the 'Confederate partners' are, or if that list has been released yet. It seems that Reuters reporters are only part of many MSM reporters in this caper, and this is really bad stuff, an alliance between reporters and an intelligence service, itself allied to government.

YES!

It has been released. I posted it a few pages back, and also uploaded it to paste bin. It's also technically called the "Confed F***House"

Wikileaks - Confed FHouse Link
Pastebin Mirror of excel file

This is some scary stuff. They have 208 world wide news agency contacts, very interesting indeed.

It looks like some tracking blocker has been inserted into Google, can you type out and space the url so that it all appears in a post, and i'll try another browser.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Oops! Google Chrome could not find (link tracking not allowed)

I think it is some kind of site filter here that is bungling it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Wikileaks/Anonymous commits illegal acts to get the truth, and it's okay. STRATFOR potentially commits illegal acts to get the truth, and they're evil.

Just interesting to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Wikileaks/Anonymous commits illegal acts to get the truth, and it's okay. STRATFOR potentially commits illegal acts to get the truth, and they're evil.

Just interesting to me.

Again, show proof that Wikileaks had any part in the theft.

If not, you better call CNN and the NYT, because they released info too.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Have you guys seen this yet, whoever wrote this is great

Stratfor Glossary of....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh here, I think I found what you are looking for
link
edit on Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:07:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by AGWskeptic

Sure! I work for STRATFOR and have nothing better to do than troll on ATS and try to convince the fringe to be more open-minded.

The talks of "assassination" I've seen seem to be tongue-in-cheek. Or not directly related to STRATFOR, but only reported/surmised by them. Bribery, blackmail, other crimes... Why is that any different than hacking into a company's email server to get some dirt on them? How is that any less diabolical? Because one is for personal gain, and other other is for the "greater good"? I'm sure that Assange has zero personal interest in seeing STRATFOR crumble and potentially clearing his name. It's all the Intel game. Wikileaks, STRATFOR... They're all doing the same thing, they just have different customers and motives.

The rest of that, I have not seen. Care to share your sources?
edit on 27-2-2012 by Highground because: (no reason given)

Higherground, why don't you give it a rest. We get it, you are holding your "higherground" on how hacking is just as bad as what the company hacked, might have done, hidden, had killed, conspired......You obviously don't think seriously damning comments in emails between an american company and the likes of hedge fund managers,national think tank analysts, ex vice presidents, banking elites, etc. matter.

We do.

ETA: I would think a private company dealing in knowledge of conspriracies, treason, and possible murder might be against the law.
edit on 27-2-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Just interesting to me.

Hey in math two negatives are a positive.

Or maybe in this case they will cancel each other out?

BTW who made the laws in the first place? Do as we say and not as we do.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I consider invasion of privacy over obvious "carnal knowledge" of assassination and the like the lesser of two evils.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Stratfor Glossary of....

ha ya my favorites are JTTF and BYM

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Stratfor Glossary of....

That is classic! Actually Epic.

People need to read that link you posted, if they don't they be missing some dark dark humor.

I couldn't stop laughing and almost choked to death on my coffee.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know if it against the law for a private company to knowingly conceal information of illegal acts? Just wondering, any lawyers here?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join