It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

I've never said that. I've said that there's not enough now to warrant the level of spite that's been displayed in this thread. It's like if WL dangles a company name out there, it's automatically the bad guy and no one questions it. After that, it's nothing more than confirmation bias.

It's certainly a dangerous precedent to invoke.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I don't know right now. I won't know until more information is released. That's the point. At least I can admit it, unlike some people that automatically jump into the rank and file of WL supporters.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

better sorry then sorry.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

I don't know right now. I won't know until more information is released. That's the point. At least I can admit it, unlike some people that automatically jump into the rank and file of WL supporters.

Bradley-gate, Cable-gate, Climate-gate, why do you find it so hard to see WL for what it is? Living under a rock since 07?

ETA Might have got some names muddled but I'm sure you can see what I'm pointing at.
edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Sure, because organizations never gain credibility and then use that to their advantage. It's not possible for a once legitimate organization to become corrupt. Or a tool of a higher power.

Naive, much?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
For trying to pass as one of "us" some sure seem to be trying to defend "them" with a great deal of vigor!:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It's certainly a dangerous precedent to invoke.

so is blind trust.
I agree we must wait and see. I am glad this was done though. What relevant information is the public given these days? What are we as a people supposed to do? trust that it is not necessary to read our governments diary. That is just as much our diary.

If they had not destroyed independent journalism, and media this would not be necessary. Since it is all theirs, we find other sources of information. Really it is their fault. Total control leads any act of defiance as a threat to the complete control they try and achieve, Its retarded. That's why it is better left to comic books. In the real world you can get away with it for a while, until humanity resists.

If they were honest, we would not have to resort to this.

If they start arresting people and hurting us, we will resist that too. FEMA camps will burn.

They have decided for us what our response to their tyranny will be. It is a reaction not an action.

edit on 27-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

That seems to come strikingly close to an ad-hominem attack. I guess that's all your left with when I make too much sense and the cognitive dissonance kicks in. "He must be a shill! Forget thinking critically about this!"

I've never said that STRATFOR is good or bad. I've simply said there's not enough information yet to make an sort of informed decision. What's alarming to me is those like yourself that automatically jump onto the bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And what led you to believe that was directed at you!......You?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Ceasar. This quote is very telling in how things really work. It's obvious this is becoming a power struggle between TPTB and average men. I won't make any judgments on the validity of this info, time will do the task for me. What is important is the fact that we could be in the midst of the greatest revolution man has experienced since he gained control of fire, instead of fire he is gaining control of his sovereignty. Remember if you're not willing to lie and cheat to win the war you may as well place your sword back in your sheath and go home. Do not dismiss the information because of how it was obtained.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I partially agree with what you're saying. However, what's been released so far has been less of a diary and more of an amalgamation of theories about different goings-on in the world. A lot of this was derived from OS intel. A lot of this is something anyone sitting at home could do; the difference here is that there is some political incorrectness present because they thought it was in private. It's hardly damning, but casts the analysts in a bad light.

Once there's less opinion/surmising/theory and more hard fact, it will become relevant. Right now, I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Who else would your silly passive-aggressive remarks be addressed to? I'm the only one that's actively posting dissenting comments at the moment. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

yeah, so lets wait and see.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Does anybody know who the 'Confederate partners' are, or if that list has been released yet. It seems that Reuters reporters are only part of many MSM reporters in this caper, and this is really bad stuff, an alliance between reporters and an intelligence service, itself allied to government.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

[Y]ou have to take control of him. Control means financial, sexual or psychological control... This is intended to start our conversation on your next phase" – CEO George Friedman to Stratfor analyst Reva Bhalla on 6 December 2011, on how to exploit an Israeli intelligence informant providing information on the medical condition of the President of Venezuala, Hugo Chavez.

This bit right here tells me all I need to know to dislike the company. It's like the blackwater of the intellegence branch. Bribary, blackmail, getting what they want any way they can. Laws be damned, and who is going to hold them accountable?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

Who else would your silly passive-aggressive remarks be addressed to? I'm the only one that's actively posting dissenting comments at the moment. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon...

I see a very rare ray of hope in an otherwise ever-darkening world. I do not intend to let anyone take that from me or any other free thinking, fellow human being! If your goal is to drag everyone back into the dark, you'll have to get a lot tighter grip on me!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I partially agree with what you're saying. However, what's been released so far has been less of a diary and more of an amalgamation of theories about different goings-on in the world. A lot of this was derived from OS intel. A lot of this is something anyone sitting at home could do; the difference here is that there is some political incorrectness present because they thought it was in private. It's hardly damning, but casts the analysts in a bad light.

Once there's less opinion/surmising/theory and more hard fact, it will become relevant. Right now, I'm just not seeing it.

It says on the page I have, "A list of mainstream journalists" working with STRATFOR, and mockingly known by them as the 'Confederate partners' I don't have the list yet, but if there is a list, it's not a theory, it's a direct accusation.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by arbiture
May I ask for what reason WikiLeaks is publishing this? STRATFOR is a private company that among other things produces a newsletter thats free to non-subscribers, a more detailed level is available to those who pay for the service. It's a very good private intelligence network in addition to being a corporate security and intelligence collection, analysis, and opinion site.

So what is the point? What WL is doing is blatant hacking, all under the guise of some bull s*** noble crusade. I hope they prosecute those responsible to the extent of what is still only limited law. We need to make it pay dearly to screw with private e-mail's. No? Next time it may be you. As someone who was hacked and my privacy violated by a private contractor I assure you; it aint pretty. What's that old line? If I recall its along the lines of; "If I get f*****, at least I should enjoy it".

Wikileaks is a news org, they didn't steal anything, they just released it.

If you can find an example of Wikileaks actively hacking anyone I will concede your point, but they have not.

There were many other news outlets who released wikileaks info, yet none of them have been charged with treason or any other crime.

Assange is the messenger, not the theif.

I could very well argue the same about Stratfor. They're not intelligence gathering community. They provide analysis based on information provided (similar to how wikileaks obtains information without hacking) by others. Sure they have to pay the reporters (operatives) for the information which is then discussed amongst its staff (analysts) just like any news reporting outlet. Except Stratfor's business is both private sector and upto certain extent government sector (me thinks its a piece of bone thrown at them by the bigger brothers..(NSA, CIA, FBI etc) to justify some of the budget cuts with their own respective agencies.

All I have seen so far being discussed is emails and opinions similar to what is being discussed on ATS using URL's to justify the viewpoints similar to what Stratfor relies upto certain extent (news medias and individual reports from individuals around the globe and US). I have not seen any concrete leaks such as blue print for classified projects or coups in several countries that folks often discuss about. This definitely seems to be a weak link exploitation (Mail Server Administrator). I do not see information from their databases of any sort where the real analysis might be done on critical information gathered and saved such as report from field operatives or images or video clips (aerial/satellite or from field operatives).

Only thing I can think of at this time is that either its a distraction or purposely sabotaged to distract or favor the masses to accept or agree with the future regulations to be imposed with respect to the Internet Itself. Dont forget that this has been a hot topic not just in the US but around the world in countries like Russia, China, India etc and at the UN. Governments do realize the power of the technology (internet, cell phone etc). It only makes them weaker if the doors are wide open for the people of the world to communicate and expose the inner workings. I do believe that secrecy is necessary when it comes to national security. However when the governments are bloated and corruption is rampant, then definitely the voters have the right to know what and whom and why they are voting for (wishful thinking). For now, we will just have to wait and see if anything concrete will be released by the emails (which I didn't think or feel it was in this batch so far). Sure for the average joe, it is fascinating and makes them feel like 007 but in reality, it still leaves them skeptical even after connecting the dots between the different email addresses and parties involved as such is the nature of the Beast (Geopolitics). Do you think espionage is a new concept? It has been in existence since waayyy back in time. Almost every sovereign nation knows about the importance of espionage and counter measures imposed in place to counter just that...espionage that is. Just take it with a grain of salt.
edit on 27-2-2012 by hp1229 because: formet

edit on 27-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2012 by hp1229 because: format

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Does anybody know who the 'Confederate partners' are, or if that list has been released yet. It seems that Reuters reporters are only part of many MSM reporters in this caper, and this is really bad stuff, an alliance between reporters and an intelligence service, itself allied to government.

YES!

It has been released. I posted it a few pages back, and also uploaded it to paste bin. It's also technically called the "Confed F***House"

Wikileaks - Confed FHouse Link
Pastebin Mirror of excel file

This is some scary stuff. They have 208 world wide news agency contacts, very interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Since when did WL pay anyone to leak anything? The system is setup so that they themselves dont even know the sources of the leaks.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join