It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not sure whats going on here but theres some form of press release coming out in a moment and ill post it up as soon as...

REUTERS www.reuters.com...
WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR is what im getting news feeds of right now?

Just awaiting to hear what the heck is going on,
Wiki Twitter page

Site
Wikileaks page

On Monday February 27th, 2012, WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files, over five million e-mails from the Texas headquartered "global intelligence" company Stratfor. The e-mails date between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defence Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor’s web of informers, pay-off structure, payment laundering techniques and psychological methods.

This was posted via BNO news..

Wikileaks tonight have released a statment that it would begin releasing 5 million emails from Stratfor,

WikiLeaks' founder, Julian Assange told Reuters: "Here we have a private intelligence firm, relying on informants from the US government, foreign intelligence agencies with questionable reputations, and journalists."

George Friedman was said to have reported on Jan 11th that emails had been stolen but assured that there would be noting of any real importance for thiefs to get there mits on,

I guess we will see!

Wikileaks are to hold a "secret press conference" in London tomorrow at 12 noon

WikiLeaks says it has teamed up with more 25 media organisations and activist groups to sift through the emails. It says the documents will be released gradually over the coming weeks.

The Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, is fighting extradition from the UK to Sweden over sexual assault allegations, which he denies.

www.twitlonger.com...

LET THE ROLLOR COASTER BEGIN!

edit on 27-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
From __._

On Monday February 27th, 2012, WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files, over five million e-mails from the Texas headquartered "global intelligence" company Stratfor. The e-mails date between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defence Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor’s web of informers, pay-off structure, payment laundering techniques and psychological methods.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

They have been on twitter tweeting separate tweets with just a countdown from 10, the last tweet was number 2 so have to wait and see! Apparently they are having a press conference at noon tomorrow in london GMT!

Keep us posted.

Albert.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds interesting! Keep us updated surely!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Accompanying press release here for those interested
http:///D7sR4zhT

"[Y]ou have to take control of him. Control means financial, sexual or psychological control... This is intended to start our conversation on your next phase" – CEO George Friedman to Stratfor analyst Reva Bhalla on 6 December 2011, on how to exploit an Israeli intelligence informant providing information on the medical condition of the President of Venezuala, Hugo Chavez.

MMhmm!
edit on 26/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed link, added small info

edit on Sun Feb 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
Also Anon are saying they gave them all to wiki... Ill be interested to see what wiki have to say or if this is some game via anon..

link   
reply to post by miniatus

I got a question about the releasing of emails, who cares? What do these emails do for anyone, besides spammers & ad companies? Anon and other hackers do this too and I never see the point in it besides hackers showing off their ability to hack.

Who cares about emails?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I wonder will this go for or against Assange's extradition decision!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
you know for a mod , you made a pretty weak thread , broken links .

You should set an example for us non mods to follow

I'm just kidding , i seen so many mods here with double standards who don't practice what they preach , so its the norm lol.

Source !

Not just any Mod but a Super Mod! Tread carefully

edit on 26-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I wish i could give you the link but it wont go up, Use twitter twitter.com...#!/mpoppel This is BNO news,

Also this was all just breaking so i was trying to get it up for you guys ASAP! don't want you all to miss out on some possible big or interesting event...

+16 more 
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I got a question about the releasing of emails, who cares? What do these emails do for anyone, besides spammers & ad companies? Anon and other hackers do this too and I never see the point in it besides hackers showing off their ability to hack.

Who cares about emails?

I don't agree.. the e-mails show the inner workings of a company involved in "intelligence" operations for major corporations and government agencies.. It can be quite revealing, especially if talking about corruption or wrongdoing ..

link   
Any ETA on when these will be published?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
wonder if its documents about operation white north

heres the sauce
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Wait a minute, you know what, I'm thinking about email addresses, not the actual emails to and from people. The emails themselves are gold, where as addresses not so much. Now I'm on the same page.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
boring.....just so crashingly dull isnt it?

Any thoughts of juicy revelations about aliens,the universe or our history have slowly gone up in small puff of smoke.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The interesting thing here also is that Anon and Wiki-leaks have what seems to be *Teamed up*

Any release of global Intelligence files is going to make for some very interesting information,
Knowing what alliances are being made that we where unaware of could open a whole can of worms..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Let's see how long before the "shoot the messenger" games begin. Those are very popular these days.

reply to post by asala

Not just anon, a whole lot of media too.
Also I'm glad that CIA rat Daniel didn't get his hands on these. BoA would've been better.
edit on 26/2/2012 by PsykoOps because: add

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oh for sure, I think there will be many media people out there shaking in there boots tonight.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Reuters are reporting now Source
edit on 26/2/12 by albertfothergill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join