It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A few hours ago, Julian Assange gave a press conference at the Frontline Club in London on Wikileaks' release of the Stratfor e-mails:
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

And what about when they're talking about when to release information like massive voter fraud?

Surely that means they're in bed with TPTB.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Assange via Twitter:

Coca Cola hired Stratfor to gather information on PETA activists.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MattNC

no, what companies like this do is get involved in illegal activity. They get paid with our taxes. We have an obligation to stop them. They should all be put in jail, along with everyone that does business with them.

Time has come to respect us a people. Corporate impunity is at an all time high. That must end.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Not sure what you are getting at?

The voter fraud email is something the citizen should know about, just like a lot of the coming emails, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by MattNC

no, what companies like this do is get involved in illegal activity. They get paid with our taxes. We have an obligation to stop them. They should all be put in jail, along with everyone that does business with them.

Time has come to respect us a people. Corporate impunity is at an all time high. That must end.

Well said!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
reply to post by Maponos

Those affected that are innocent (see simple subscribers to the services whose information is being released) are just collateral damage then, right?

Oh, but the military does it all the time! LOOK AT THE WARS WE'RE IN!

So, I have to ask - stooping to that level is what you're seeking? Somehow, two wrongs are making a right? Ethics be damned, all of a sudden?

The line is quickly being blurred between good guys and bad guys.

Yes collateral damage just like when you drop a cluster bomb in a residential area in Tripoli, credit cards can be cancelled, arms and legs dont grow back

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

My point is, how is that indicative that they're working for/with TBTP? It seems like they were trying to figure out the best time to announce this revelation. Certainly a company in the back pockets of the elite wouldn't even think about letting information that could put their puppets in jeopardy get out. Much less discuss when they're going to release it. Not even "if", but how and when.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The WikiLeaks GiFiles: Stratfor Plotted with Goldman Sachs to Set Up Investment Fund

Read more: www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

And that makes it ethically sound to you? A lesser form of a wrong is still a wrong. I thought someone with such a strong moral compass as yourself would realize that.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Did you not see whom some of their clients are?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

As well as stealing the date, Anonymous' statement went on to claim that the group had already used the stolen credit information to donate $500,000 to a number of unnamed charities.
O.O

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I'd personally like to see multiple threads to single out the important revelations that come out of these releases in their own spot in the 'News Forums' section.

There's a lot to sift through… and I arrived late.

The story surrounds the company from your neck of the woods

Perhaps a Forum would be nice.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by lacrimaererum

As well as stealing the date, Anonymous' statement went on to claim that the group had already used the stolen credit information to donate $500,000 to a number of unnamed charities.
O.O

Thats just plain funny. i mean crime is not funny and those people are bad people, but thats still funny.

At least some of the cash might be going where its meant to be going for once.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

And how are the people whose personal info is being released involved in any of this? Some of them may be people like yourself who were just interested in an analysis of the global theater. Not everyone that had a subscription to the service was some bigwig executive thinking of the next way to screw over the sheeple.

link   
didnt Julian Assanges mother ever tell him, stealing is bad. no matter who you steal from.

link   

reply to post by Maponos

And that makes it ethically sound to you? A lesser form of a wrong is still a wrong. I thought someone with such a strong moral compass as yourself would realize that.

Let's say you are privy to information that one of your neighbors is a serial killing pedophile who kills 2 little kids a week.

Let's also say that the only way to stop him is to break the law as it is currently written.

I don't know about you, but I'd stop him in a heartbeat.

And we aren't talking about one guy who kills 100 kids a year, we're talking about a corporate owned government who kills tens of thousands.

link   
Almost any of us here would gladly sacrifice ourselves for the good of our children and our grandchildren, it's human nature and that IS what this all boils down to!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
didnt Julian Assanges mother ever tell him, stealing is bad. no matter who you steal from.

He didnt steal it

If some guys steals a paintingt and emails you a picture of him giving it the big thumbs up on a distant island and you publish it, that does not make you responcible for its theift

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Maponos

If you were at a cocktail party and somebody came up to you complaining that she had her entire family kidnapped, tortured, had her house burnt down along with having all of her possessions confiscated, and is now living everyday in fear of being killed just for existing...
would you reply with "Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I had my identity stolen once!"

No, wrongs are not all equidistant from right. It is very insensitive to say otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join