It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Okay, me not being a fan of Anon or Wiki-Leaks at all. I believe Assange is clearly being set up by TPTB whoever they may be. I wanna see the guy beat the extradition to the US because it's just wrong in my view.

However, I do not condone this behavior by Wiki-Leaks. They are distributing known stolen content and becoming a third party to criminal behavior and doing so knowingly. This cannot bode well for Assange or the agenda behind his actions. I hope nothing bad happens to the man regardless of what I might feel against his and Anon's actions but this just makes me more worried for the man.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just as an update:

Anonymous claimed that something BIG is coming:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well apparently this current news ISN'T the announcement and that something big is still going to be announced very soon.

Anonymous
Stay tuned for Announcement of something BIG coming up soon. #Anonymous #OWS

Very exciting.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

They do appear to enjoy playing the game of *world*, with all of us as disposable pieces...

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I kinda feel the same way about this whole thing.

Keep the masses busy on one side while the key agendas are tended onto another

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Well since he goes to prison for it and not me: I dont honestly care how the information came out, if its against the publics opinion for a nation to be upto such things let THEM decide.

Treason is treason, if it takes a theif to make it right, overall its a good thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
reply to post by Helmkat

Yeah and remeber that everyone else involved in the goverment knows and always knew this was happening and did nothing, they are no better for NOT exposing this as the criminals directly involved!

Exactly. A lot of people with a great deal to lose across the globe will not go quietly into the night. When a real nerve is hit you can expect a very powerful and bloody hammer to come down.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'd personally like to see multiple threads to single out the important revelations that come out of these releases in their own spot in the 'News Forums' section.

There's a lot to sift through… and I arrived late.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You can't fight a gorilla war using old world tactics. If the bad guys won't play nice, why should the opposition?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I'd personally like to see multiple threads to single out the important revelations that come out of these releases in their own spot in the 'News Forums' section.

There's a lot to sift through… and I arrived late.

Oh this will be picked through like 9/11 has been for the last 10 years.

Lets just hope and make sure that it doesnt take ten years to STOP this stupid humanity defying ignorance and greed wihtin our trusted ranks.

link   
Well, if any of us ever "took heat" for being cynical and/or paranoid about to goings-on in the ivory towers of power, this latest release by Wikileaks should vindicate us quite nicely. Information is the ultimate commodity. Just spend one hour reading through a few of those emails and you will get a wonderful lesson in human nature, greed, and how best to function with a minimum of ethics or regard for your fellow man. A prepaid contract to acquire "intelligence" quickly usurps any requirement to consider, let alone apply, any ethical or moral code of conduct as long as the legality has -more or less- the appearance of legitimacy. (Never mind the FACT that written laws are created to PROTECT us from one another.
All that being said, would I be so out of line to suggest this latest release might be used to divert our attention from some other, possibly more heinous and egregious behavior not yet visible to the public eye? How, I ask, can anyone ever be expected to trust any intelligence organizations or the "Clients" (read political corporations) they service? Worse, how can we, as a civilization, be expected to properly evolve in such an environment? For a different perspective, could anyone expect a child to mature in a healthy way if his authority figures (parents, etc.,) sought to exploit the child's various interests and weaknesses for their own personal gain?

It's one thing to hold a secret or to withhold information if it is beyond any question in the best interest of somebody, (and anyone with a properly functioning conscience can easily tell when such is the case) but it is something of a far more insidious act if it is anything less.

link   
This is not good information for large corporations and politicians on election year.

This is going to get really interesting.

link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Generally I would agree but then we have banks laundering drug money, we have mega-banks involved in insider trading, corporations and governments hiring this private company to essentially spy on whoever and whatever they want. Is any of that legal? No.

I am stunned by all this information. I mean even as a person who believes the elite don't play fair...to see some of these e-mails is eye popping. Honestly I'm glad Anon did this and I'm glad Assange made it public. If those in power aren't going to abide by laws and their practices hurt so many people how do we begin to fight back if we play by rules that they just laugh at?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I find that approach just a contradiction to what so called truth seekers expect from the whole world until it's there behinds on the line. I mean no disrespect to you personally.

People can validate this crap however they like, I didn't call it treason either so I want to make that clear. I hope the man doesn't die for this crap and further more, I hope that whatever these emails expose, that people commented on in them such as assets and agents don't lose there lives as a direct result. NO matter how people want to spin this whether it's so called truth seekers or government/corporate interests. Two wrongs never make a right.

link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by miniatus

I got a question about the releasing of emails, who cares? What do these emails do for anyone, besides spammers & ad companies? Anon and other hackers do this too and I never see the point in it besides hackers showing off their ability to hack.

Who cares about emails?

If people don't like big brother reading their emails then this is the only way to fight back, read big brother's emails. Just like a regular little family, we learn to coexist.

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

One sense I'm getting here is that the American elite, along with Europe's, China's and just about everyone but Russia's his suffering from three problems: First, none are really aware of the political pressures on other elites. Second, they completely misunderstand the alienation of the publics, three, except for Volcker, they think this can be handled by the elites among themselves. We have a crisis of the elites, in my view. I get to hold forth in an hour or so, and I'm going to argue that Iran is going out of control because of the elite crisis. No decision making is going on and the decisions that are being made won't be supported in the public. The only country that is acting decisively and can do so is Russia.

I need to stop, I really do!

link

To me this seems that it can also be an inside job on releasing the emails or atleast helping someone get access to their email servers. The 'elites' that are referred to represent different countries and obviously the statement seems to be a cry for help about the economical chaos. What better way to bring out the information about the elites then anonymous and wikileaks? Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was skeptical about the e-mails as well, but that would take a lot of work to fabricate all of those e-mails. Some follow through with checking the contacts out will have to be done, but not impossible to look up

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Just as an update:

Anonymous claimed that something BIG is coming:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well apparently this current news ISN'T the announcement and that something big is still going to be announced very soon.

Anonymous
Stay tuned for Announcement of something BIG coming up soon. #Anonymous #OWS

Very exciting.

This is the tweet that was sent before this:

Don't forget to grab yourself a copy of the current @wikileaks insurance file ::link removed::

I am getting excited now!

JT
edit on 27-2-2012 by Greenblaz because: spelling

link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Libertygal

I kinda feel the same way about this whole thing.

Keep the masses busy on one side while the key agendas are tended onto another

You could be right, since distractions are a useful tool for them, but this is not making mainstream news, so I'd say it is most likely BIG news. (and yes, I know the mainstream medias have commented, but I have CNN on this morning, and NOTHING, has been said for the last 2 hours, so to me that says they are not covering this for a reason.)

5 million emails is a lot of information. Don't think the 3 letter agency faked that amount for distraction. I do believe this is so so damning that we will hear nothing! They have that power, they own the media.

link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
This is not good information for large corporations and politicians on election year.

This is going to get really interesting.

Agree. This shines a stark spotlight on a previously boring, in the shadows election year....

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I have no clue where you got all of that from what I stated. I didn't even allude to such a stance regarding that response. Jeez, I have read my post several times now and I still don't understand how people respond the way they do. Oh well, read how ya want. It's not as people are perceiving it. Sorry for not being able to comunicate that I worry for the man and his activities which do harm to his well being.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join