It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Libertygal

I kinda feel the same way about this whole thing.

Keep the masses busy on one side while the key agendas are tended onto another

You could be right, since distractions are a useful tool for them, but this is not making mainstream news, so I'd say it is most likely BIG news. (and yes, I know the mainstream medias have commented, but I have CNN on this morning, and NOTHING, has been said for the last 2 hours, so to me that says they are not covering this for a reason.)

5 million emails is a lot of information. Don't think the 3 letter agency faked that amount for distraction. I do believe this is so so damning that we will hear nothing! They have that power, they own the media.

more than likely the media outlets are still reading each and every single email so they can then decide to make a mountain out of a mole or simply discard a particular email. They have to cover 24 hours in a day and the 5 million emails will take care of them for a long time providing stories 24X7
Most likely seasoning and supersizing the news is what they're prolly busy working on right now. My guess

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
reply to post by Maponos

And that makes it ethically sound to you? A lesser form of a wrong is still a wrong. I thought someone with such a strong moral compass as yourself would realize that.

Yes it does, it is called the greater good. For years we have been told "greater good" this "National Security" that.

Turns out "national security" means self protection and "greater good" means more $$$

If the only way to prove that someone is behind a terrorist attack and thus prevent more dying in the next attack, is to break into the suspects house and perform an illegal search. Is this justified? Of course.

2 wrongs do make a right here, we have a right to know what is being done in our names. We have a right to know if Halliburton tried to frame a judge Assange style for ruling against them for instance. We have a right to know the truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

link   
Is it just me, or does anybody else get the feeling that some here are trying to derail this thing with desperate full-body blocks?

link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

And how is releasing their client information remotely equal to this? Where are the e-mails that were released so far that even come close to revealing anything of this nature? So far, I've seen nothing but speculation derived from open source intel. Or incomplete analyses that aren't fit to be released yet. They've even discussed methods of releasing information to the public (like the voter fraud).

I just haven't seen a lot of facts to warrant this crucifixion of them so far.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Learn from the past.

You are disinfo.

peace

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just to clarify and repeat what was said earlier for those of you who apparently missed it.

The credit card companies were aware of the breach before Stratfor was and could see exactly which info had been compromised and took steps themselves to cancel cards and inform the holders. Stratfor chose not to inform their customers based on that information and the fact that the FBI were already conducting an investigation and didn't want too much info released to the public that might hamper their ivestigations.

The info is on the Stratfor website in a press release.

Nobody was ever at any risk of losing money and I suspect the $500,000 charity donation to be complete BS. They colluded with MSM. 2+2=...?

Source

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I don't personally care one way or the other how this goes. I'm saying that it's just too soon to make a judgement one way or the other with what's been released. There are a lot of people gulping down the Kool-Aid without even taking a step back to look at the bigger picture.

You're one of those people.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The kind that is arrogant and thinks they have everything figured out.

These same people constantly make mistakes because not one of them wants to be wrong, because everybody just gangs up on the weak link within the power circle.

So they all act like they know everything and never take the blame so they don't care about things like incryption, because they believe there is no way anybody could find out.

That is how out of touch with reality they are.

Problem is, Most of the worlds population is out of touch with what reality actually is.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
the past 20 years are going to look so silly in the futures textbooks.

Is julien assange trying to lead a revolution..... or he is just satisfied with tossing this information out thinking that the world will sort itself out... this is not going to get rid of corrupt politicians and bankers and military... wiki leeks have been doing this for how long and the general population shruggs its shoulders mostly,,,, does he and anon have goals or a plan? or is this unveiling of information the lifting of the veil and this is clock work from god or the elites.
edit on 27-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

did our government ever read the constitution?

Tyranny is wrong too. let's not be naive. What is the future you see for the world in their hands?

F-THAT
over my dead body.

I say help the righteous. If that is wrong, then I be damned.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
May I ask for what reason WikiLeaks is publishing this? STRATFOR is a private company that among other things produces a newsletter thats free to non-subscribers, a more detailed level is available to those who pay for the service. It's a very good private intelligence network in addition to being a corporate security and intelligence collection, analysis, and opinion site.

So what is the point? What WL is doing is blatant hacking, all under the guise of some bull s*** noble crusade. I hope they prosecute those responsible to the extent of what is still only limited law. We need to make it pay dearly to screw with private e-mail's. No? Next time it may be you. As someone who was hacked and my privacy violated by a private contractor I assure you; it aint pretty. What's that old line? If I recall its along the lines of; "If I get f*****, at least I should enjoy it".

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

I AM looking at the big picture. There are so many things going on now and it's starting to look like the grand unified theory of all our ills. This happens to be one more rather large piece of the puzzle!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Mind explaining how you come to this deluded conclusion from the trivial data that's been released so far? As others have said here, a majority of it is things that were already known or speculated on... And they're just being speculated on in private in these e-mails. Is that really so earth-shattering to you?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

STRATFOR's private business is deceitful hacking.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
May I ask for what reason WikiLeaks is publishing this? STRATFOR is a private company that among other things produces a newsletter thats free to non-subscribers, a more detailed level is available to those who pay for the service. It's a very good private intelligence network in addition to being a corporate security and intelligence collection, analysis, and opinion site.

So what is the point? What WL is doing is blatant hacking, all under the guise of some bull s*** noble crusade. I hope they prosecute those responsible to the extent of what is still only limited law. We need to make it pay dearly to screw with private e-mail's. No? Next time it may be you. As someone who was hacked and my privacy violated by a private contractor I assure you; it aint pretty. What's that old line? If I recall its along the lines of; "If I get f*****, at least I should enjoy it".

Your going to have to add a bit more honey if you expect to make sales person of the year!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

there are way too many emails to just say that since now there is nothing, that there will be nothing.

I say wait until all those many many emails are went through and released to make such claims. Damage control is irrelevant. wait for the damage or you risk creating a cause of suspicion.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

Wikileaks is a news org, they didn't steal anything, they just released it.

If you can find an example of Wikileaks actively hacking anyone I will concede your point, but they have not.

There were many other news outlets who released wikileaks info, yet none of them have been charged with treason or any other crime.

Assange is the messenger, not the theif.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

What happened to questioning everything and trusting no one? Why are you so adamant about upholding Wikileaks and not scrutinizing them as much as you do anything else? Why do they automatically get a free pass, just because they claim it's for the "better good"?

How do you know anything that's been released, or will be released is even legitimate and not something constructed for nefarious intentions?

Do you, perhaps, have a personal stake in everyone taking the WL data at face value?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

how do you know its not?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join