It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 EQ Dead Center New Madrid (Missouri)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

That's in David Nail's neck of the woods.

I used to live about 50 miles west of where this happened and it is a scary thought to think of something bigger than this happening. I think it was back in the late 1800's when a big one happened. A seies of them in fact and one was so big that it changed the course of the Mississippi a bit. It even ran backwards for a time.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad5632
I am located in Dallas, Texas and very interestingly I was sitting in the steam room at the YMCA today 03/21/12 located just right across the street from the EPA. Spoke to a fellow that work there and work with FEMA under the Emergency Contingency Response Team. I asked him what’s with all of the movement towards the Chicago area, and what he said scared the crap out of me. He said that FEMA, the EPA and the Government are very worried about the Madrid fault line and that they are preparing for a catastrophic situation that they think will occur this year. I asked him what his team has to do with all of this. He said that they are currently working to prepare the area for a break and moving all contaminates, biohazards and nuclear material out of the area as we speak, and for the material and places of interest that they cannot move they are preparing to do what they can to prevent a environmental catastrophe. This is a dangerous situation and that the break it's self will be huge and be felt all over the US, and all the government agencies are planning the worst case scenario. This guy was legit, and very serious and you could see the fear in his eyes and the EPA is doing its best to move all biohazards and prepare chemical companies and so forth for the fault line to give way. And just quoting him, they are sure it is going to be very soon. Any one in that area see a lot of activity at chemical plants or a lot of barrels being moved around and out of the area?

I live in Des Moines Iowa...did not feel any earthquake this morning, but when I logged onto the USGS website this morning (as I always do) and saw a 4.0 .....well I started inquring about earthquake insurance. Better safe than sorry. But I hope to God it doesn't happen....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

www.commercialappeal.com...

Looks like Bass Pro Shops have taken the bait. Pyramid in Memphis, Sun Sphere in Knoxville, concrete Parthenon in Nashville. Which will fall first?

edit on 21-2-2012 by adamzero because: revision

edit on 21-2-2012 by adamzero because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Yes they do have a pyramid. And get a load of this.....It's nickname is the 'The tomb of doom'

Crrrrrreepy!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is nothing about 4.0 on Global Incident Map ??

Just 2.4 ...... 9 hours ago

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDrakula

Go to the USGS site..it says 4.0

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer

From Global Incident Map :

Tuesday February 21 2012, 17:05:47 UTC 9 hours ago southeastern Missouri 2.4 5.0 deep USGS Feed
edit on 21-2-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Theres a reason disaster support never shows up in advance of a disaster ( former FEMA employee here)
To show up in advance of a disaster would also put the disaster assistance personell in harms way, you cant help someone if your dead-simple. And yes they are working on being ahead of the game. There are staging areas set up all over the united states with supplies at the ready in case they are needed.
Consider Katrina, and the time it took before supplies and assistance could actually get in, a bit of advance planning could have changed that.

and no I dont know anything about Rex 84 or FEMA camps so dont ask, I worked security, thats it

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

From Global Incident Map :

Tuesday February 21 2012, 17:05:47 UTC 9 hours ago southeastern Missouri 2.4 5.0 deep USGS Feed
edit on 21-2-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

The 4.0 happened at 3:58am....go check it out.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So which one is it now ?? 4.0 or 2.4 ?? All three are reliable sources.....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

Follow the link
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Your post caught my attention! I'm in WA too, and omg, the weather has suddenly gone bezerko today. I hear neighborhood cats screaming as I type. The wind is whirling hard in Washington right now. It's always nice to see the local news outlets report SEVERE WEATHER ALERT without any further information. It frightens me to think of the day when we turn to the media to look for updates, only to find out that there are no updates, because only word of mouth can spread them.

Since signing up and posting, the good news is I think the wind has died down, and the cats went to go cry somewhere else. lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It is a pretty good bet that the 2.4 is an aftershock of the 4.0.

There is a belief in some scientific circles that all the quakes on the NMSZ are actually aftershocks from the 1811- 1812 series of quakes.

Some pretty bitchin' info if you ask me

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

At least California is only getting many small quakes, like living on ice.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I just read that on Wikipedia too. Scarey to think you could have aftershocks for a couple hundred years.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If this BIG QUAKE is going to be anything like the 1812 one then several states are going to be devastated (in which the Mississippi River JUMPED)

and that was a 7.0

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad5632

Gotta say I think you got played, the FEMA guys from that region ( if I remember correctly its Region 10) are know for pulling little tricks like this, thier way of gettin thier jollies.

I live about 1-2 miles from the only nuclear plant in the stae of Missouri if they were moving stuff out that was dangerous, theyd have dropped the rods, and shut down the highway that goes past my place to transport them out.

I daresay nobodies moving anything around here

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Follow the link
earthquake.usgs.gov...

So this is not the same quake ??

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

There were actually three in that series....7.0- 8.1.....and there were, I think , 1800 aftershocks in the following year

Again......Crrrrrazy!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Some Californians and others think a 4.0 isnt a big deal. Well it is, depending where you live.. California is built on sand. Strike the sand with a hammer and it is pretty well absorbed. Strike bedrock, and well, your hands are gonna ring.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join