It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 EQ Dead Center New Madrid (Missouri)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I have had cats for years and years and sometimes they just start running around the house for no reason what so ever. They just do this. They all do this. I have never had a cat who did not do this. They get restless or they want to play and they just do this. If you have multiple cats they will sometimes do this at the same time. I dont think the cat if flipping out for any reason I think she is just restless and wants to play.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil316

Originally posted by Brad5632
I am located in Dallas, Texas and very interestingly I was sitting in the steam room at the YMCA today 03/21/12 located just right across the street from the EPA. Spoke to a fellow that work there and work with FEMA under the Emergency Contingency Response Team. I asked him what’s with all of the movement towards the Chicago area, and what he said scared the crap out of me. He said that FEMA, the EPA and the Government are very worried about the Madrid fault line and that they are preparing for a catastrophic situation that they think will occur this year. I asked him what his team has to do with all of this. He said that they are currently working to prepare the area for a break and moving all contaminates, biohazards and nuclear material out of the area as we speak, and for the material and places of interest that they cannot move they are preparing to do what they can to prevent a environmental catastrophe. This is a dangerous situation and that the break it's self will be huge and be felt all over the US, and all the government agencies are planning the worst case scenario. This guy was legit, and very serious and you could see the fear in his eyes and the EPA is doing its best to move all biohazards and prepare chemical companies and so forth for the fault line to give way. And just quoting him, they are sure it is going to be very soon. Any one in that area see a lot of activity at chemical plants or a lot of barrels being moved around and out of the area?

I call flaming BULL on this. My wife works for IEMA! Illinois Emergency Mgmt Agency which is sort of a state division of FEMA. No.. absolute bull. Its grossly irresponsible to fear monger like this.
edit on 21-2-2012 by evil316 because: added an admonishment.

Yes I call BS on Brad5632 too, that story was just sums of what other people have been saying lately about the situation on the site and you just randomly found the dude from your steam room walked over and asked him that, and he told you ( a random a$$ person) all that...? yaa sure............... great first post here on ATS ha

I mean if there so open should I call up my region headquarters and see whats up?(don't even know if I could really do that but you get my point.) Why doesn't everybody know about/hear this if the FEMA people are so nice and open about serious, scary life threatening things?...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Gawdlike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

13 states felt it from as far as North Carolina, to folks here in Illinois. I suspect a bigger event on the way since no reports of after shocks. I grew up in Southern California and have been through EQs from the late 60's to early 90's. Stand-by for another event.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

That thread was already talked about in this one numerous times and even linked to it. Maybe read the thread before asking questions with simple answers, and maybe not be so broad about them either....... just sayin.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007

13 states felt it from as far as North Carolina, to folks here in Illinois. I suspect a bigger event on the way since no reports of after shocks. I grew up in Southern California and have been through EQs from the late 60's to early 90's. Stand-by for another event.

um may I ask where you heard that..? A link would be nice, as 4.0 is not averagely felt by people unless there laying down just waiting for a small vibration an know the quake it coming or something.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just I don't believe you...very much. lol.you should source a statement like that, 13 states is sure alot of people.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdlike
um may I ask where you heard that..? A link would be nice, as 4.0 is not averagely felt by people unless there laying down just waiting for a small vibration an know the quake it coming or something.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just I don't believe you...very much. lol.you should source a statement like that, 13 states is sure alot of people.

That was taken from page 3 of this thread....

Originally posted by LDragonFire
CNN is reporting the quake was felt in 13 states 4.0 quake jolts Missouri

Lets hope the oil companies are not using fraking in this area, it would be so like them to cause a major disaster for a profit...

Anyway even without man made intervention this system will go sooner or later.
edit on 21-2-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

OiO

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by steveo007

Folks have been posting about after shocks so I think they are safe.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Brad5632

Wow its March in Texas already ? You guys are always so ahead of the rest of us. LOL.

Wow karen, is that the best you can do in your effort to invalidate his comments.

What do you mean there shouldn't be any flooding due to snow? There hasn't been snow, but there has been record breaking rainfall in many parts of the Midwest. NOAA's annual precipitation records for St. Louis show that 2011 ranks as the 14th wettest year since 1837. Your educated guess that the Midwest will not have any major flooding this year is a prediction that you're willing to make? I don't know what you're using as a basis for your predictions, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm located in SE Ky. I woke up around 3:45 this morning I didnt feel anything...But it sure was windy and raining.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I guess you were right there in the steam room with us eh? He was not parading around talking about it I just asked him about all of the movement going on then the conversation went a little deeper...but hey you have the right to your own opinion, I pretty sure your wife doesnt tell you some secrets.since she works with FEMA..but hey you have a connection ask your wife she what she says about this.

Right I am sure your connection with some random guy told you more classified information, than another mans wife would tell him...

Sounds like typical "bar room boasting" to me. Guy was trying to make him self more important than he really is by divulging information.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

On my local station KSPR they were just joking about how not to have to come into work tomorrow because of the expected beautiful weather and the other newscaster says earthquakes! And pulls out his little cell phone with the EQ apps on it. then then segway into the big one in mo. today.

Anyway, i5 was odd to say the least and with all the call to use cell phones in a new madras event in case you get trapped in rubble...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't mean to mock anyone but a 4.0 we don't even feel in California anymore i have slept though a 6.0 my mom screamed but i just laughed and went right back to bed. Some say they hit harder where you are at because of the bedrock but i can assure you that all of California isn't just beach sand. But i will admit its strange when earthquakes happen out there its like a tornado hitting out here lol most Californian's would be like wtf is that and we would have mass Darwin awards as hordes of stupid people try and take pictures or video tape it up close.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

From earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquakes in the central and eastern U.S. are typically felt over a much broader region than in the western U.S. East of the Rockies, an earthquake can be felt over an area as much as ten times larger than a similar magnitude earthquake on the west coast.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not to nitpick, but the fault name is pronounced "New MAD-rid." Welcome to the South!

Also, I am in middle TN and had my house's foundation "piered" several years back due to some sinkage. They went down about ten ft before hitting bedrock. I was surprised by the depth but the guys just laughed at me.

They had been piering gas lines near Memphis down 200 ft to retrofit in case of an EQ.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adamzero

Doesn't Memphis have a big, 32 story, riverfront pyramid stadium or convention hall that after they built it 20 years ago they never used it out of fear of a quake?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you I was actually hoping there was a link, I missed it when going threw the post's.
I was wondering if the news said anything about the EQ didn't think it would

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Don't know if its been said already; Don't care.

This constant "Its only the beginning/Something big is about to happen" talk is ridiculous.
These are nothing but tiny earthquakes that happen ALL THE TIME that people constantly
sensationalize for some obscure reason.

---

My friends, or should I say friend, constantly says that March 22 there is going to be a huge earthquake.
Where is my friend getting this date? This information? This ability to see into the future and know when
something "BIG" is going on? His imagination. -_-

On another note, can I remind some people of last March?

Remember this guy?

Or the other countless predictions you can find by hitting the search button up there?

There was only ONE earthquake that was above a 9.0 in 2011. Oh yea, it wasn't even in the United Corporations of America.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just passing along a conversation I had with a guy I see every day at the Gym who works at the EPA across the street walking distance off Akerd to the Gym. This EPA region 6 currently has 800 EPA employees and takes up 7 floors. But hey I am not going to be ignorant and argue with you about this, I only had a conversation with Michael who works at the EPA and just told me what was going on after I asked him about all the movement. Simple as that, though it would fit this thread and good info to pass on. Two guys, one steam room simple question and inquiry followed up with what he know and felt like telling me, if you do not like it then do not respond to the comment. If it happens it happens if not then life goes on, that’s why ATS if for to discuss these things not go around call flaming Bull on everything you see because “My wife works for or closely with IFEMA". Maybe her pay level is not high enough for her to get the real good information on this kind of stuff, or maybe she doesn't tell you about what is going on because you just can't handle the truth and call Flaming Bull on everything she tells you because you want to be right and the Know all of what is going on...Good day sir.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Just passing along a conversation I had with a guy I see every day at the Gym who works at the EPA across the street walking distance off Akerd to the Gym. This EPA region 6 currently has 800 EPA employees and takes up 7 floors. But hey I am not going to be ignorant and argue with you about this, I only had a conversation with Michael who works at the EPA and just told me what was going on after I asked him about all the movement. Simple as that, though it would fit this thread and good info to pass on. Two guys, one steam room simple question and inquiry followed up with what he know and felt like telling me, if you do not like it then do not respond to the comment. If it happens it happens if not then life goes on, that’s why ATS if for to discuss these things not go around call flaming Bull on everything you see because “My wife works for or closely with IFEMA". Maybe her pay level is not high enough for her to get the real good information on this kind of stuff, or maybe she doesn't tell you about what is going on because you just can't handle the truth and call Flaming Bull on everything she tells you because you want to be right and the Know all of what is going on...Good day sir.

Excuse me but I don't understand your point...

Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdlike

Originally posted by evil316

I am located in Dallas, Texas and very interestingly I was sitting in the steam room at the YMCA today 03/21/12 located just right across the street from the EPA. Spoke to a fellow that work there and work with FEMA under the Emergency Contingency Response Team. I asked him what’s with all of the movement towards the Chicago area, and what he said scared the crap out of me. He said that FEMA, the EPA and the Government are very worried about the Madrid fault line and that they are preparing for a catastrophic situation that they think will occur this year. I asked him what his team has to do with all of this. He said that they are currently working to prepare the area for a break and moving all contaminates, biohazards and nuclear material out of the area as we speak, and for the material and places of interest that they cannot move they are preparing to do what they can to prevent a environmental catastrophe. This is a dangerous situation and that the break it's self will be huge and be felt all over the US, and all the government agencies are planning the worst case scenario. This guy was legit, and very serious and you could see the fear in his eyes and the EPA is doing its best to move all biohazards and prepare chemical companies and so forth for the fault line to give way. And just quoting him, they are sure it is going to be very soon. Any one in that area see a lot of activity at chemical plants or a lot of barrels being moved around and out of the area?

I call flaming BULL on this. My wife works for IEMA! Illinois Emergency Mgmt Agency which is sort of a state division of FEMA. No.. absolute bull. Its grossly irresponsible to fear monger like this.
edit on 21-2-2012 by evil316 because: added an admonishment.

Yes I call BS on Brad5632 too, that story was just sums of what other people have been saying lately about the situation on the site and you just randomly found the dude from your steam room walked over and asked him that, and he told you ( a random a$$ person) all that...? yaa sure............... great first post here on ATS ha

I mean if there so open should I call up my region headquarters and see whats up?(don't even know if I could really do that but you get my point.) Why doesn't everybody know about/hear this if the FEMA people are so nice and open about serious, scary life threatening things?...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Gawdlike because: (no reason given)

Thats actually a good idea. You or someone should call fema and see how they respond.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join