It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 EQ Dead Center New Madrid (Missouri)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
CNN is reporting the quake was felt in 13 states 4.0 quake jolts Missouri

Lets hope the oil companies are not using fraking in this area, it would be so like them to cause a major disaster for a profit...

Anyway even without man made intervention this system will go sooner or later.
edit on 21-2-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We up here in RI felt the last EQ that happened in WV i think it was. If this baby goes off at 7-8 New England will def feel it. I just worry like i said in my other post.. Some of those east coast home are ancient.The bottom line we can all speculate but we all don't know. But I hey i dont forget guys we still have ww3 to deal with, and alien invasion also crustal shift and giant killer astroid on its way. ohhh and aramageddon and gods return witht he sounds of trumpets!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Watch for earthquake lights in the sky... has anyone checked the haarp meter?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
i have a feeling this is just the beginning of it.

everyone says this about tiny earthquakes that never amount to anything more.

just sayin

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Yeah i feel what your saying, i think it seems as though people are just looking for things right now with all the hype of 2012. On the other hand too it is alarming when its on the east coast. Granted we have them more than we know.. but I think people are generally worried about it a stong one on the east coast.. I used to live in Cali orange county we have 6.0 in like 91-92 that was strong. But most of those houses are rated for eq's. But that fault is due a bigger EQ.. so "they" say.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh, ya, there's another reason I left Kansas City - that and living in a major nuke target. Anyway, who want's to end up in Kanscity?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty rare for a 4.0 in the area.... I haven't seen one of those in years now... Hope to god its not a foreshock to something worse... That area is a ticking time bomb..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Type: Earthquake

Magnitude: 2.4
DateTime: Tuesday February 21 2012, 17:05:47 UTC
Region: southeastern Missouri
Depth: 5 km
Source: USGS Feed

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1

Magnitude: 2.4
DateTime: Tuesday February 21 2012, 17:05:47 UTC

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Yeah living in Tennessee...I sure am glad to see the area getting an aftershock. I was worried the one this morning may be a foreshock but it is looking like it just released a little pressure.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Also from your link if you zoom in there was a 4.3 about 2km deep around the same time as the 4.0 (10 hours ago)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fopicon
reply to post by dreamfox1

Also from your link if you zoom in there was a 4.3 about 2km deep around the same time as the 4.0 (10 hours ago)

Yea i saw that too

10 hours ago
Magnitude: 4.3
DateTime: Tuesday February 21 2012, 09:58:42 UTC
Region: Southeastern Missouri
Depth: 2 km
Source: CSEM-EMSC Feed

and the origional

10 hours ago
Magnitude: 4
DateTime: Tuesday February 21 2012, 09:58:43 UTC
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: info

Same quake just different info
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: info

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
After careful analysis of the possible results of a measly 4.0 quake being felt in so many state I have decided that there is either a massive sinkhole about to swallow 13 States, or that Godzilla has come awake and is not happy.

Either way I would evacuate immediately. Please leave the keys under the doormats so that safety personal can enter your home and deal with any emergencies that may arise.

After living in SoCal through a couple of large quakes I can safely say that a 4.0 would not even warrant discussion.

However this being a site about disasters I suppose one could make two assumptions regarding the activity.
1. 13 states just released a lot of tension in one huge sigh.
2. Godzilla is pissed and much worse is coming.

13 states shaking a bit can actually be a good thing. Then again I am not a geologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night....... Seriously a friend of mine is a geologist and he thinks it is a good thing. Of course he also said it could be a fore-shock. Just like a scientist, he has his tush covered

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

Well there is a difference from California and the Mid States. TOTALLY different really. We don't get EQ's often and if we have a bigger one it will not only be felt in all the surrounding states but damage will be likely as well. The Mississippi and Missouri River will flood, lots of brick structures will collapse, and the gas lines will rupture devastating all that surrounds, not to mention the power will be off for who knows how long.

Living through a quake in Cali verses Missouri is just a different ball game all together in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

There were two threads brought to my attention yesterday with similar topics...

Maybe FEMA is on to something?

Also, if you check the RSOE EDIS, you'll see there were several earthquakes of similar magnitude in Japan and Indonesia today as well.
This is an interesting coincidence.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat

Also, if you check the RSOE EDIS, you'll see there were several earthquakes of similar magnitude in Japan and Indonesia today as well.
This is an interesting coincidence.

Awwww crap there is nowhere to hide.........

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

LOL first we need to know how old you are.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, just mother nature shaking her booty.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

No one can predict an earthquake. FEMA is people just like you and me. They dont know about disasters in advance, no one knows thats why they always surprise us. Has any rescue organization ever been on the scene before a disaster? No not ever so why do you or anyone else think that will change in the near future. Are they using a different method to screen and hire employees. Only those showing remarkable psychic abilities need apply.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I sure hope you're not insuating that anyone who doesnt panic over these small and unrelated tremors has their head in the sand. Where is the head of the person who thinks that every little shake is a precursor to doom? Not in the sand so perhaps in the clouds?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join