It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PriestOfAries
reply to post by deepankarm

"Judge not lest ye be judge" Kinda core part of Christianity

Audio Sermon series:
Non-believer's Favorite Verse Part 1
Non-believer's Favorite Verse Part 2

This has been covered before by pastors. I suggest you listen to those sermons. You're argument doesn't hold up with that verse.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

1)You can guess all you want, but you will never know for sure until you know me, which you do not.

2)I am in no way suggesting that you have to like homosexuality, but you cannot stamp it out either.

3) If you, like me have Christian values, why not spend your time on the positive instead of the negative? God is all powerful and all knowing, don't you think he has it all under control?

You are no Christian if you support homosexuality. You'll be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

I'd venture to say that there are plenty more (and far worse) contributing factors to the present condition of western society than homosexuality.

Agreed. Rampant greed, vanity and a wandering from the values of brotherhood and equality are just some of the 'bigger than a couple of prancing homos' reasons that society is collapsing.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

10/10.

gg

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

While I'm not saying anything is right or wrong, will you agree with me that the facts indicate that certain behaviors are very risky and some groups get infected more than others? Maybe we can build from there. I'm hoping to get a few more facts.

As far as being better at promoting safe sex, haven't we been at that for years? I'm not saying stop the promotion, but some people refuse to give up smoking in spite of the evidence, couldn't that be the case here?

I'm not looking for a fight, just information. Thanks for your interest.

With respect,
Charles1952

I would agree that certain behaviors, such as practicing unsafe sex, is very risky. I could be wrong, but I believe that the rate of HIV/AIDS has gone down pretty significantly in the gay population since the 1980's, so I think we have made some progress with the promotion of safe sex. I agree we should never give up promoting safe sex -- maybe we just need to find better methods of promotion.

This is also a very good argument in favor of gay marriage. We should be promoting long-term, monogamous relationships between gays - not trying to stop it. We all know that monogamous relationships drastically reduce the chances of all STDs, regardless of sexual orientation.

edit on 4-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PriestOfAries

Did i mention somewhere that i am a christian??
I support the christian view on this matter.
They aren't judging someone, they are just stating the facts as it is written.
It's you who feel judged and start playing the hatred card.
Morality may be blah blah in your opinion, but it is the virtue of a wise.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Originally posted by markosity1973

1)You can guess all you want, but you will never know for sure until you know me, which you do not.

2)I am in no way suggesting that you have to like homosexuality, but you cannot stamp it out either.

3) If you, like me have Christian values, why not spend your time on the positive instead of the negative? God is all powerful and all knowing, don't you think he has it all under control?

You are no Christian if you support homosexuality. You'll be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day.

And you are no Christian if you claim to know my relationship with God and are making judgements upon myself on his behalf.........

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

No Your gonna be disappointed on judgement day when you get to the pearly gates and St. Peter is standing there with pink daisy dukes throwing glitter on you , the village people and gay angels come out and your heaven is one big drag show.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

I don't particularly like arguments about religion, but for arguments sake I will include that I was born and raised in the Bible-belt in Southern US. Most of the people that I know call themselves Christians and follow the KJV of The Bible. All well and good, and of no importance to me as I do try my hardest to withhold judgement of others regardless of religion, age, sex, color or religious affiliation.

BUT, have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe the religion you're following so closely, quoting and using to justify hate speech against other groups of people, could be wrong? Perhaps one of the other world religions is closer to the truth. Perhaps Muslims have it right. Or maybe, since Jesus in your scripture was a Jew, you should follow Judaism? Or perhaps the truth lies in a combination of several religions. Since no one knows for sure what is true, then wouldn't it be safest to leave judgement with your God, to trust and have faith in that deity to handle matters you don't control, and to simply love one another, as you are told to do?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
To all the people slandering the OP with nothing but one-liner insults and painfully over-dramatic retorts....

I suppose you think the APA is an organization of bigots? Why has "gay" been the one subject where it's perfectly fine to just end all debate immediately by tipping the table over and screaming? I usually don't see this much nonsense with other subjects, unless it's War (Iran, etc), and to a lesser extent, drugs.

If you think the OP is a "hateful bigot", then you really are deluded and insane.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Dear kaylaluv,

I see nothing but agreement between us. How come the rest of this dopy thread is tearing each other's throats out?

This is also a very good argument in favor of gay marriage. We should be promoting long-term, monogamous relationships between gays - not trying to stop it. We all know that monogamous relationships drastically reduce the chances of all STDs, regardless of sexual orientation.
This rang a bell for me. It turns out to be a subject discussed in a NY Times article from two years ago.
www.nytimes.com...
But there taking it from a different point of view. The article says that having an "open" marriage is good for gays and is wide spread.

A study to be released next month is offering a rare glimpse inside gay relationships and reveals that monogamy is not a central feature for many. Some gay men and lesbians argue that, as a result, they have stronger, longer-lasting and more honest relationships. And while that may sound counterintuitive, some experts say boundary-challenging gay relationships represent an evolution in marriage — one that might point the way for the survival of the institution.

New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years — about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners.
Well, I think that does in, at least for me, the idea of lots of monogamous gay relationships.

This part worried me a little

None of this is news in the gay community, but few will speak publicly about it. Of the dozen people in open relationships contacted for this column, no one would agree to use his or her full name, citing privacy concerns. They also worried that discussing the subject could undermine the legal fight for same-sex marriage.
It almost seems as though they are embarrassed by having multiple partners. They don't want people to know, because they are afraid if people knew what was really going on, gay marriage would suffer. I may be misinterpreting it, but that's how it seems to me at first glance.

Anyway, I'm grateful for the chance to talk with you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I personally do not think that the OP is a hateful bigot, but some of the claims made are unfounded. The broad all encompassing claims made about things like all studies that disagree with my findings are rubbish do not lead to a balanced argument.

The main problem with this particular subject is that it very quickly degenerates into arguments about Christianity and morality, rather that the facts - which to this day are still not clear.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thankyou for the balanced and relevant post. I would agree that those numbers about open relationships are very high. I would also ask are there statistics on heterosexual relationships to contrast this to?

I know for a fact that open relationships and sex outside of marriage also happens in the heterosexual world. So the big question is how much, if at all worse are homosexual relationships that heterosexual ones in this matter?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The main problem with this particular subject is that it very quickly degenerates into arguments about Christianity and morality, rather that the facts - which to this day are still not clear.

Well said, and my thoughts exactly.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

.....wow dude you need to stop

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Loving one another doesn't mean you have to condone immoral behaviour dude.
Taken out of context, the same becomes the cause of cowardice.
Will your parents not try to correct you if you are doing something wrong in their view??
If you consider your parent's instructions as hate speech, you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sleepingdeath

.....wow dude you need to stop
Talk about adding something to the discussion.
Are you for real??

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I believe the "flash images" is what starts the fetish also. It makes me angry the way we are forced to allow and "accept" these practices, and thats leaving my religious beliefs totally out of the sub.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I believe you think more closely to me than you would like to admit.

Will your parents not try to correct you if you are doing something wrong in their view?? If you consider your parent's instructions as hate speech, you are wrong

Unless you are the parent/guardian of gay men and women everywhere, then why do you feel the need to reprimand them (for something YOU view as wrong)? In the Bible, Isn't God considered The Father? Shouldn't it be His place to punish those who do wrong? In the Gospel of John, Jesus only ever gives one command to his disciples: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Although, that is only if you follow the Bible. There are other religions out there too, and the followers of those religions feel as strongly devout to their scripture as you do to yours. It would benefit people to keep that in mind when questioning the morality of others. If you eat beef or pork then what you are doing is offensive to a handful of religions.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

One thing I consider worse than militant homosexuals are religious zealots.

at least it's always interesting to see them attack each other... one calls for equality while screaming down anything that they feel offends their sexual preference, and the other screams about judgment day and how they're sinners.

Ahh well, at least mr's palmer understands where I am with god... lol

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join