It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

This rang a bell for me. It turns out to be a subject discussed in a NY Times article from two years ago.
www.nytimes.com...
But there taking it from a different point of view. The article says that having an "open" marriage is good for gays and is wide spread.

A study to be released next month is offering a rare glimpse inside gay relationships and reveals that monogamy is not a central feature for many. Some gay men and lesbians argue that, as a result, they have stronger, longer-lasting and more honest relationships. And while that may sound counterintuitive, some experts say boundary-challenging gay relationships represent an evolution in marriage — one that might point the way for the survival of the institution.

New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years — about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners.
Well, I think that does in, at least for me, the idea of lots of monogamous gay relationships.

I'm not entirely convinced this limited area study is indicative of the population of gay couples as a whole. San Fransisco, in particular, was famous for being the site of the sexual revolution for gays. There very well may be a higher percentage of more promiscuous gays in that area. Wouldn't that be something like saying a study done in Las Vegas tells us that 75% of all Americans gamble? I'd like to see that same study done in other parts of the U.S., such as the mid-west, or the south, or the east coast, for comparison, before I totally discount monogamous gay relationships.

Even if I'm totally wrong about that, the article still states that these gay couples have lots of rules and boundaries regarding their extra-marital relationships (discuss it beforehand, partner must approve of the other person, other person can't be a stranger, etc.). That's got to be better than indiscriminate sex with strangers, no?

As a side note, I think it's interesting that this article is suggesting that heterosexual marriages may benefit from this same "open marriage" concept. It may keep some marriages from ending in divorce, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

Forgive me, I'm confused. I haven't written about rape or the Catholic Church in this thread. Are you thinking of someone else?

I did use a few statistics, which I think can be discussed using words instead of numbers if you'd like.

At your service,

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I know gay people are born gay because I was born straight. For me, it is an irrefutable fact, because when I was a young boy, I was sexually abused by an older male relative.This went on for years. It led to me being sexually confused as a kid, but I have never wanted anything other than a straight relationship with a female. I have seen and been subjected to a lot of homosexual behavior. Yes, I am not normal. A person cannot go through what I did and be normal. I could probably use some therapy. But I am happily married and wouldn't want to lead a gay lifestyle. Who would make that choice? To be so hated by society. It's a ridiculous idea. As for you haters, I have a strong suspicion you're either bi-curious or in the closet, otherwise why would you get so upset? I was abused for years, but I have nothing against homosexuals, and if anyone had a right to hate them it would be me. As for the guys who are afraid that seeing a homosexual image will make them gay, I think you probably already are, dudes. I was used like a piece of trash for probably 7 or 8 years, and it didn't make me want to be gay. And for the record, I have been happily married to the same women for almost 20 years now. Leave the gays alone. They are born that way. You want to save the world, aim all that fear and hatred at pedophiles. You should probably start with your own churches. I know they're full of child molesters.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
reply to post by deepankarm

Now, if Christianity is indeed the right way, then preaching the word of God is the right thing to do. However, preaching (publicly proclaiming your belief, or delivering a message to a group of people) is completely different than condemning people. You are simply a messenger. You should have no place in your heart for judgement. You should leave that up to the higher power.

Totally agreed. Christianity is about hope, love and the promise of salvation. It is meant to be achieved through observance of the 10 commandments and the teachings of Jesus. It is not achieved through showing up other people for their faults, judging other people who are not keeping within the teachings and forcing your way of thinking on others.
edit on 5-2-2012 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

We seem to agree on quite a bit then. Nice to see several like minded individuals on here.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Propaganda. Plain and simple. Most of the things I just read are just flat-out untrue.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My objection is simple and I have never heard a reasonable response
In the military women do not shower with men. Why? So they do not have to expose themselves to people who might see them as sexual objects. Nor are they allowed to bunk coed. One should be able to climb into a bed to sleep without wondering if the person undressing next to them is checking them out to incorporate into their sexual fantasies that night.
This is the same reason men and women do not have coed bathrooms. But with homosexuality being accepted, unless they are provided with their own barracks, showers and bathrooms that all goes out the window. So what then would be the justification for continuing to providing separate facilities for men and women?
But I understand that I am being silly to suggest that homosexuals would lurk around bathrooms or showers for the purpose of achieving some type of sexual satisfaction. I mean it's not like homosexuals have ever been arrested for loitering around men's rooms or arrested for soliciting guys in a public bathroom. Of course not. No one's ever heard of such a thing.
I for one would like to be able to take a leak without wondering who might be checking out my sh*t but I guess that means there's something wrong with me.
It shouldn't bother me? Then can I tell the women who object to my loitering in their bathroom the same thing?
I freely admit they disgust me. Am I homophobic? I don't think I hate these people. I just find some of their actions extremely repulsive. No it has nothing to do with me but neither does it have anything to do with me if a man has sex with his dog or his horse. But I still do not want to either watch it or to be lectured about being some type of unenlightened being if I can not accept it as 'normal'. Nor do I want my children in school to hear about it and/or be told it is normal.
Has it been seen in animals proving it is 'natural'? What person seeing a male rat attempting to mate with another male rat actually believes that is 'normal' behavior?
Political correctness be damned. To me they seem like inadequate little boys too insecure to ever develop beyond a geek's circle jerk.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
reply to post by deepankarm

I'll never understand people who like to yell "sheep" when someone simply disagrees with them.

Having a differing opinion on a topic, especially one that a person could have taken years to cultivate, often through doing independent study on a topic, or going by personal beliefs doesn't make one a sheep. It just makes them different.

Although I suppose it does make it easier to discredit a person once you've deemed them a blind follower.
I don't want you to understand me...
I think world has turned into a nanny state.
Everyone is playing victim card one way or other.
If someone calls me a bigot, homophobe and others, i just laugh at them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What I don't understand is why this creates such an uproar. Any group of people is subject to criticism and most groups have found reasonable ways to deal with that criticism.

I know it is explosive to criticize homosexuals, and there are some other groups who react very aggressively, but why? What is it that makes the reaction to "I don't like your choice of sexual partners" so violent?

I'm probably not making myself clear, but I don't know what the answer is. It doesn't make sense to say "It's because they're criticizing who I am," because you may also be a red head or a conservative or a Coloradan. And if it's because they are criticizing your very core, isn't a little embarrasing to think that is the most basic part of a human?

I'm just looking for serious help understanding.

It is always so explosive because homosexuals have been oppressed and have had to hide their true identities for so long time, it is only recently that they have been able to "come out". So they are still afraid things will go back to the way they were.

I honestly don't know if it is genetics or if it is environmental factors (or a combination of both genetic and environmental factors) that determines people's sexual orientation, and I don't care.

People can be/do whatever they want.

About making out in public, I equally dislike: a guy and a girl, two guys, or two girls making out in public. Get a room! Public places are just that, they are public places. My kids don't need to see that.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Facts about Homosexuality (minus religion)

1. About 2-5% of the global human population are homosexual (not the mythical 10-15%+ that is used to make it appear more common than it actually is).

2. Animals displaying homosexual tendencies do so because of a lack of heterosexual partners available to them. All homosexual behaviour would cease to exist if adequate numbers of the opposite sex were available to each animal.

3. Homosexuality used to be classified as a mental disorder (pre-1974) until it was changed for political reasons. Psychiatrists charged with compiling the DSM were ridiculed and threatened to remove Homosexuality from this manual by a group of activists.
edit on 5/2/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)
Yeah it is a part of a broader propaganda.
The 'gay'(sad in reality) mafias have done a fantastic job with help from liberals,human rights activists and MSM to brainwash people.
Sheeps won't understand it... lol....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Yes it is. Sometimes you get shot down for taking the middle road in an argument, but I am more interested in the facts than preconceived notions.

To those of you in the Christian realm who so strongly oppose this subject and are tarring me with all sorts of names and veiled threats with my salvation, I forgive you.

I too used to think like you, but I overcame my fears and prejudices in the name of love for fellow man. I know gay people who struggle with life, who were brought up Christian. I have learned that shunning them for being who they are does not help.

Let me share something very personal with you all. I had a close friend who was a homosexual and was brought up in a good God fearing Christian family. When he came out to us all, we shunned him, told him that he was straying from God's path and was on the road to perdition.

3 months later my childhood friend committed suicide and left us all a note. In it he told us that he had tried to change, he had asked God to change him, but God did not. He asked us for forgiveness for him being the way he was and apologised for the pain he had caused us all.

Now, for the rest of my life here on this earth I have to live with the knowledge that someone I once knew and loved as a friend died because of my own blind hatred intolerance and because I judged him. When I meet God on judgement day, I will have to face him and answer for not reaching out to a friend who needed me.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

HA!! You're right to be confused. I wanted to read the entire thread before responding. I got caught up in your conversation about statistics and melded your discussion with this conversation.

I should be replying to CaptainNemo, PharohGnosis and steve_montana. My bad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

They attempted to gang rape the angels in SOddom & Gomorroah, so to answer your question it is very plausible.

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Here you go male on male rape statistics www.svfreenyc.org...

Originally posted by steve_montana

Don't know about you, but I sure as hell fell morally superior to those who force children or animals into sexual relations. Sexual relations between consenting adults are a completely different matter. But hey, it took four pages between someone tried to make a comparison between homosexuality and pedophilia.]

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic

What I don't understand is why this creates such an uproar. Any group of people is subject to criticism and most groups have found reasonable ways to deal with that criticism.

I know it is explosive to criticize homosexuals, and there are some other groups who react very aggressively, but why? What is it that makes the reaction to "I don't like your choice of sexual partners" so violent?

I'm probably not making myself clear, but I don't know what the answer is. It doesn't make sense to say "It's because they're criticizing who I am," because you may also be a red head or a conservative or a Coloradan. And if it's because they are criticizing your very core, isn't a little embarrasing to think that is the most basic part of a human?

I'm just looking for serious help understanding.

It is always so explosive because homosexuals have been oppressed and have had to hide their true identities for so long time, it is only recently that they have been able to "come out". So they are still afraid things will go back to the way they were.

I honestly don't know if it is genetics or if it is environmental factors (or a combination of both genetic and environmental factors) that determines people's sexual orientation, and I don't care.

People can be/do whatever they want.

About making out in public, I equally dislike: a guy and a girl, two guys, or two girls making out in public. Get a room! Public places are just that, they are public places. My kids don't need to see that.
Get a grip. Homosexuals haven't been opressed, homosexuality has been and rightly so.
Always trying to play victim card and gain sympathy from emotional idiots.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

I am medical school and I can definitely tell you with 100% fact that people are born gay... how? Genetics in a nutshell. There is a little gene that sits on our Y chromosome (if you are male), known as the SRY gene, which codes for a specific protein. The gene itself is essential for normal male development and is important with interacting with androgen receptors (little receptors responsible for binding with testosterone). If by a certain age, testosterone (which is also coded for by a specific gene) is lacking, attraction between males can develop. A specific testosterone level is needed by a certain age in order to induce heterosexual attraction. If that level is not met, we get attraction between the same sex. It can surely be influenced by the environment, but ultimately, it comes down to genetics, we have all been biologically programmed since conception. Easy as that.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Over and over again this topic by massive controllers comes up.

Define Control? The idea that you have the right to dominate another person and force them to submit to you.

The facts are as follows. The brains of homsexual males resembles a female in the cat scans and vice versa.

This is something that is known by them from early on, in most cases, ie. children sense this about themselves.

They are different.

But here is the bottom line.

If they are different by choice, or if they are different by nature, ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. No longer concern yourself with what anyone else lives like as long as they're not raping or murdering, or stealing from you, just keep your thoughts to yourself.

Anything else is CONTROL.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Go figure that the anti-Semitic OP is the same person who made the thread about how wrong it is to be gay.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I never have understood why anyone really cares what sexual orientation anther person is unless...they are extremely insecure with their own sexuality.

I am a Heterosexual Alpha Male with an Ego the size of Texas. I play in a Internationaly Known...more so in the 80's...but still tour...rock Band. I also have another job helping my family run a few of their companies and I have a third job that I do when asked as I am older now and it involves dangerous people and Skilled and Trained Military crews...I am a "CIVILIAN"

My family is Military and "CIVILIAN" and never did the subject come up about what a persons sexual orientation was when the shooting started. I could care less as long as I can trust a persons skills and merit and HONOR!

This TOPIC makes me sick to my stomach. ALL HUMANS are at one point FEMALE in the womb...a Hormone here or a Genetic trait there and you can get manny combinations of people from Male, Female, People with both Sex Organs, Gay....or inbetween. It is all up to nature.

It particularily bothers me when some idiot thinks so less of a fellow Human Being that they actually try to use Fudged Science to describe that people are not born Gay...and even if a person isn't of that Genetic disposition but likes the same sex...who is anyone to say what is right and what is wrong as long as a person is happy in what they are?

I am a Highly Trained Individual who is over 6 ft. and muscular as well as never having a thought to what a persons private life is of my buisness. Why would anyone else care? Unless they are frightened children who statrt political action groups. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Why did you read the post? And how is this hateful or "bigoted"?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Sheeps don't bother about anything except their personal pleasure....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

The only negative effect I can think of it a big one, the de-population of Earth.

If 200 years ago everyone where gay, society as we know it would not exist. If the devine or nature intended on homosexuality to be normal than men would be able to reproduce with other men and woman with woman.

Since this is not the case one can only speculate that homosexuality is not what nature intended, thus un-natural. Please do not reply with invetro fertilization yada yada, homo sexuality has been around over 1000 years before the science existed to allow the same sex to have children via a donor mother (key word MOTHER, not FATHER)...

Again I am not anti-gay, I wish and pray to Allah more men were gay so there would be more woman for me available... : ) I personally recommend as many men go gay as possible, I cheer at gay pride parades, off course for my own selfish reasons...I am just a man at the end of the day...

MarineSniper

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join