It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well this almost led me to deleting the whole site...i was promoting you all on twitter, facebook G+ and Digg but after this bull# i am about to delete you as ridiculous , disgusting and stupid

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Sheeps don't bother about anything except their personal pleasure....

You will have to be more clear on your response to me as that can be taken several ways. Please restate.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hey "rainbowbear" this study might be of some interest to you

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bl8ant

Welcome to ATS, allow me to give you your first star, although your post doesn't merit it. Were you promoting this site or this thread? I see you joined in order to make this comment. Did this thread disgust you, the topic or the posters?
edit on 5-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm bi. Never been abused, had my first crush on a girl at age 8, and I don't abuse children. Matter of fact, if I ever saw somebody doing that, I'd probably go to jail for aggravated assault and attempted murder.

For me, I do strongly believe it has a genetic component to it. How else am I supposed to explain having a crush on another girl years before I even began to hit puberty?

Edit: I just read the entirety of the article in depth, and, frankly, I have not read such hate-filled filth in a very long time. The lesson to get from this author is thus: grow up, mind your own business, and you'll be happier for it.
edit on 5-2-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I've heard a theory that sexuality is not a plain and simple straight, bi, gay division. The theory I have read states that it is more of a mutable sliding scale. i.e you can be bi, but have more of a preference for females for instance.

Some of the people I know seem to support this theory of sexuality. I fully admit that I am no expert, but I am willing to listen and learn.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Yeah. I've heard that, too. And it makes sense. My older sister is bi as well; I prefer guys while she prefers girls.

Kinsey scale

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by rainbowbear

The only negative effect I can think of it a big one, the de-population of Earth.

If 200 years ago everyone where gay, society as we know it would not exist. If the devine or nature intended on homosexuality to be normal than men would be able to reproduce with other men and woman with woman.

Since this is not the case one can only speculate that homosexuality is not what nature intended, thus un-natural. Please do not reply with invetro fertilization yada yada, homo sexuality has been around over 1000 years before the science existed to allow the same sex to have children via a donor mother (key word MOTHER, not FATHER)...

Again I am not anti-gay, I wish and pray to Allah more men were gay so there would be more woman for me available... : ) I personally recommend as many men go gay as possible, I cheer at gay pride parades, off course for my own selfish reasons...I am just a man at the end of the day...

MarineSniper

Marine Sniper...a childhood friend of mines kid just came back in a Flag covered Box from Afghanistan...he also was a Sniper so I hope you are who you say you are as I work with Snipers using new Ultra-light weight 50 cal extremely accurate digital Weapons with remote vid control and ENEMY PROOF....they can only be fired by our guys by either remote or by their retinal scan. We set them up at great distance mostly for the purpose of stopping any Technicals....Trucks with the enemy piled into the back or with a mounted gun on them.

The kids name was JOSH and he was a great kid. He died because some idiot in a Washington Military consultant think tank convinced the Politicians that the American Troops needed to be placed within the Villages as some new form of making us seem like one of them. The same S#!% screwed the pootch in Nam.

He was going on his third tour and while he was home on leave...I had once dated his Mom as a teen and was friends with his Dad...we all went to the local Fish and Game and all us old guy's spent time with him on the long range to help him become a better sniper....as if he needed help! LOL! But where I grew up...we all had Guns and all of us Hunted...even his Mom. Even she was giving him pointers as we drank beer and shot off rounds. It was a great time and this MAN because he was no longer a Kid and I could tell by looking at him he had made several kills....this Great American Vollunteer....was forced tocome into a village when he should have been hidden on a mountain top or in the scrub.

I only thank GOD he did not die working with me and I cried for the kid and for my friends....His spotter was GAY...and Josh never brought it up other than to say that after a two day visit with Josh's spotter....Josh said he was going to leave us and go visit his Husband...in Mass....Marrige is LEGAL for everyone. I was a little surprised but I could tell his spotter was well trained and he had seen action also. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah that's it, thanks for sharing.

You raise another interesting question too. Obviously I don't know you and your family, but I have also heard of cases where multiple children turn our gay (or bi) in some families where in others only one. It makes me wonder whether genetics do play a part after all.

Someone else (a med student) has posted that it is definitely genetic. It goes beyond my level of understanding but does go a fair way toward explaining why so called 'good' families sometimes end up with gay children even though they have done everything 'right' to raise them.

Please forgive my terminology, my wording is awkward but I hope you know what I mean in that last paragraph.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Even if it is a choice to be gay. So may it be! People choose also being racist, this is the big harm on humanity and not being gay!

STOP THE HATE!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What happens is if facts do not point to something that is politically correct, in an attempt to look tolerant and all-accepting people will assume it does point to the fact that is preferable. Point out that the fact is not established and they will call you names because their argument is invalid. That is why people ignore them. Not only with homosexuality, but point out anything that is politically incorrect and they call you racist/sexist/bigot.
edit on 5-2-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

I have no problem with gay people ,

only thing i really dislike ,

is two dudes making out in public areas.

I don't like watching ANYONE make out in public. One of the nastiest things I've ever seen was two (straight) teenagers licking each other in McDonald's. PDA is fine, but I think you should draw the line before your tongue leaves your mouth.

It's a matter of good taste and public decency, not about being straight or gay.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It's foolish to think that gay culture only holds the right to the colours of the rainbow, and by attacking the ops name and calling it gay is bigotry in itself. Fine, the colours of the rainbow can be 'used' to promote gay ideologies, but you cant claim them to be exclusively for the homosexual community. If anything, they represent psychedelic culture just as much, if not more.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Don BOYS?

That has to be a joke...right?

Trash, if it's real...

Akushla

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Can we please just grow up and drop this topic and let people have FREEDOM to be what they want to be? Who cares whether it's genetic or not, people should be free to use their private parts as they please as long as they aren't harming anyone else with them (like rapers/pedophiles do for example), gays aren't harming anyone. This is so pathetic. We all only get 1 life in this world, we should live it how we want to and not try to push our beliefs on others and mess with/ruin their 1 life.

You know in 200 years people will be looking back at our times wondering WTF people were thinking being so hateful and oppressive to gays, just like we look back at our ancestors and shake our heads at how hateful and oppressive they were to blacks and women. Stop, freaking, caring, about, other, people, be you and worry about yourself.

Stop thinking you have a right to tell someone else how to live their life (and no, your "god" doesn't have a right to tell people either just because you believe in him cause you read one of many religious books that created another religion).

Let's just drop this topic, let everyone have equal rights and be free human beings and move the hell on, please.
edit on 5-2-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have no trouble with people that are gay, but my opinion is that they are not born that way, most of the time its a psychological issue, and don't get me wrong I don't believe they are crazy or sick.

But something happened in their lives to make them that way.

Excuse the grammar I'm incredibly hung over.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puzzuzu
reply to post by Destinyone

It's foolish to think that gay culture only holds the right to the colours of the rainbow, and by attacking the ops name and calling it gay is bigotry in itself. Fine, the colours of the rainbow can be 'used' to promote gay ideologies, but you cant claim them to be exclusively for the homosexual community. If anything, they represent psychedelic culture just as much, if not more.

Its hard to deny that rainbowbear is very feminine... Its just ironic and was humorous.

Let's laugh a little at ourselves can't we?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The biggest standing fact is 1 in 10 people in the world are GAY...

just a lot deny/hide it LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Are 'straight' people born straight?...or are they socially conditioned to be that way?

Akushla
;

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Numino

You may call it hate but i will call it fight for morality...
Immorals always suffer from moralphobia.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join