It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by burningbelief

welcome to the sheep world my friend.
There is no place for wise in this world now.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Homosexuals are not “born that way,” and any study of the facts will support that

Majority of the world is not gay , nobody wants to see that . Kids do not need flash images like that , it will cause them the same fetish curiosity , and make them want to go try , and the weak minds get hooked into it .

That is a completely absurd argument. If you saw two men engaging in oral sex, would you be tempted to go and fellate a man? I don't think so. Claiming that seeing gay acts makes people more interested in it is just as absurd as claiming that seeing an act of bestiality will make you want to try it. Different people are turned on by different things as a matter of nature. Were there no gay people before homosexuality became acceptable? or did the vast amounts of gay people just start to live their lives openly? Far more likely the latter...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by yourboycal2

since you mention the "dudes making out in public" thing 2 times in you somewhat short post, One may draw the conclusion that you have developed a "dudes making out in public" fetish
Oh my!

yea classic , the ones who are against seeing something homosexual espically in males. Must be closet homosexual right ?

Heard it all before , but such attacks drop like flies

Do you enjoy watching two men making out in public? This sets great examples for men doesn't it

edit on 4-2-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

I too am not sexually aroused by this and in fact find it puts me off because I am not a homosexual and this is just as weird for me as seeing a woman kiss a woman. That being said however, that doesn't necessarily mean it is inherently 'wrong' or 'bad' - just that it is something I would not want to engage in myself. Would you feel I was justified in saying that interracial couples were inherent bad or morally corrupt because I still find it strange to see a white person with a black person? I might find it peculiar to my eyes, but that does not make it morally wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by burningbelief

Perhaps you should read further posts from YourboyCal2...

He later states that seeing two women engaged in PDA isn't that bad because women are already considered sexual objects in society, and it's fine for two women to be sexual with one another. But men are supposed to be strong, etc. so it's wrong.

The fact that women are objectified is likely not ever going to cross a young boys mind. If it is the act of same sex partners publicly displaying their affection for one another, then the response should be the same whether the child sees two women or two men together. What if the child that witnesses the act is a female? Wouldn't it stand to reason by that logic that she will become re-wired with lesbian fetish emotions? Or shouldn't it matter because she will later simply be objectified anyway, so if she makes out with a girl it's okay?

Furthermore, if it is simply a sex act in public that a child views that corrupts their mind, then that should include sex acts between straight or gay partners.

I am perfectly comfortable with my sexuality, so viewing same sex partners together doesn't entice me, disgust me or create in me a deep rooted sexual fetish.

I also remember being a child, as it wasn't too terribly long ago, and thinking that ANY sexual contact was "gross". It didn't matter whether straight or gay, it was all nasty to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The bottom line here is this....

No one wants to be told they're doing wrong when they're doing it. Natural human reaction is to get angry and defensive when confronted with something they already feel self guilt about. (I'm talking in general ideas here, not specifically about homosexuality).

So, unless science comes out with a specific "yes" or "no" about DNA and "born with it" evidence one way or another, gays will never entertain this discussion with civility or even consider that there are other influencing factors that have aided in their sexual decisions. (Assuming that they are not "born that way", of course.) Even if evidence comes out, they will pick it apart until there is nothing left but bones to throw to the wolves, and will wholly discredit anything that comes out, thereby justifying it regardless. So what's the point?

Every gay person I know is either depressed, in therapy, was abused, has a messed up family life, was terribly scarred by a past relation with the opposite sex, is terribly narcissistic, is extremely negative, is extremely promiscuous and unfaithful to partners, has drug or drinking problems, seldom if EVER takes responsibility for their own shortcomings, or feels like the world owes them everything while giving nothing in return. Frankly, in my own life, I'm a little fed up with my gay friends right now. They all exhibit at LEAST several of the issues above. Why can't they just be regular people? Why do they always have to lead with their gayness lighting the way? Does this mean I judge all gays by the numerous ones I know? No. But I have yet to meet one that doesn't make me regret getting to know them...the drama follows them like a bad cologne that you can't get out of your nose. Everything is about them and their gay issues. Just for once, own your own life!!! Look in a mirror, for God's sake, and quit expecting the world to bend over backwards because you can't accept who you think you are! (I'm saying this to my friends who will never read this, because I'd never say it to their face, but I'm fairly certain this applies to many others here as well.)

I guess I'm just tired of the same old, same old...it's your life, do what you think will make you happy, whatever that is. But don't expect me or the rest of the world to stroke you every step of the way and give you special treatment, because guess what? The world isn't any easier on me or anyone else.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Starchild23

But you won't complain about two girls...

Don't impose your taste upon other people. If you had an hair cut and someone demanded you put a hat on because it offended them, you would look at it differently.

really a bad hair cut ? compared to what ? two men making out in public ? Please. Tell me how a hair cut offends someone , like two males making out in public?

secondly girls are sexual objects , the way society has raised and breed them these days. Men are work force , labour , brute strength .

when you have sex objects doing sexual acts , naturally nothing is wrong with it . They are only giving in to societys over sexualzation of them.

Men are not seen as sex obejcts the way women are. Thats why its is wrong.

Do you want your kids in a mall , with males making out ? Do you understand what images it puts in there heads , do you understand what emotions is stirrs up for them to go and try ? and be stuck with this fetish cycle which turns into a lifestyle

edit on 4-2-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

It truly makes no difference to be honest. Many brilliant people in human history and civlization have been homosexuals, or have experimented homosexually at some point. Many experimented, and discovered it was not for them. If you try it once, that does not mean you are a gay person or that you are gay for life. However, if someone sees a gay act and wants to try it because it makes them feel aroused ... that is homosexuality defined? an attraction to the same sex? Who honestly cares? I'm pretty sure most children or young adults see gay acts and either think 'I would like to try this' (possibly gay) or 'this is definitely not for me'. I have never in my life heard of a gay person who realized they were gay after they saw a homosexual act and became obsessed with emulating it. Who on earth has ever done that? Surely then most people in prison are to be considered homosexuals or people who want to try to become homosexual because they hear of male rape quite often? The conclusion does not follow from the premise - it is just stupid.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by burningbelief
reply to post by yourboycal2

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I believe the "flash images" is what starts the fetish also. It makes me angry the way we are forced to allow and "accept" these practices, and thats leaving my religious beliefs totally out of the sub.

Okay, interesting concept, but how about you support this theory with scientific data. Despite what other members on here state, I am interested in facts that can be backed up with balanced data.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

If you can't understand simple example or analogy, it's not my fault...
If God is the father then you should follow his instructions...no....
Jesus instructed his followers to spread the word of God....no...
So when any true christian preaches the word of God, you tell him to shut up....no...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Facts about Homosexuality (minus religion)

1. About 2-5% of the global human population are homosexual (not the mythical 10-15%+ that is used to make it appear more common than it actually is).

2. Animals displaying homosexual tendencies do so because of a lack of heterosexual partners available to them. All homosexual behaviour would cease to exist if adequate numbers of the opposite sex were available to each animal.

3. Homosexuality used to be classified as a mental disorder (pre-1974) until it was changed for political reasons. Psychiatrists charged with compiling the DSM were ridiculed and threatened to remove Homosexuality from this manual by a group of activists.
edit on 5/2/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
The bottom line here is this....

No one wants to be told they're doing wrong when they're doing it. Natural human reaction is to get angry and defensive when confronted with something they already feel self guilt about. (I'm talking in general ideas here, not specifically about homosexuality).

So, unless science comes out with a specific "yes" or "no" about DNA and "born with it" evidence one way or another, gays will never entertain this discussion with civility or even consider that there are other influencing factors that have aided in their sexual decisions. (Assuming that they are not "born that way", of course.) Even if evidence comes out, they will pick it apart until there is nothing left but bones to throw to the wolves, and will wholly discredit anything that comes out, thereby justifying it regardless. So what's the point?

Every gay person I know is either depressed, in therapy, was abused, has a messed up family life, was terribly scarred by a past relation with the opposite sex, is terribly narcissistic, is extremely negative, is extremely promiscuous and unfaithful to partners, has drug or drinking problems, seldom if EVER takes responsibility for their own shortcomings, or feels like the world owes them everything while giving nothing in return. Frankly, in my own life, I'm a little fed up with my gay friends right now. They all exhibit at LEAST several of the issues above. Why can't they just be regular people? Why do they always have to lead with their gayness lighting the way? Does this mean I judge all gays by the numerous ones I know? No. But I have yet to meet one that doesn't make me regret getting to know them...the drama follows them like a bad cologne that you can't get out of your nose. Everything is about them and their gay issues. Just for once, own your own life!!! Look in a mirror, for God's sake, and quit expecting the world to bend over backwards because you can't accept who you think you are! (I'm saying this to my friends who will never read this, because I'd never say it to their face, but I'm fairly certain this applies to many others here as well.)

I guess I'm just tired of the same old, same old...it's your life, do what you think will make you happy, whatever that is. But don't expect me or the rest of the world to stroke you every step of the way and give you special treatment, because guess what? The world isn't any easier on me or anyone else.

Probably because gay people are not treated like most other members of society. Would you also not be upset if you were told constantly that everything you did and who you were as a person was inherently offensive or disgusting? I would be. I will openly admit that I do find there to be something uncomfortable looking about gay people, but just because it doesn't sit right with me doesn't mean that they shouldn't have the same freedom to hold hands with someone they feel strongly for as I would. I think man and woman (as is biologically obvious) belong together, but I know that not everyone is wired the same way, so why should I lose any sleep over it? We all just want to live happy lives after all...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This age old question is very simple, I was born straight therefor homosexuals are born homosexual. End of story. Homosexuals are not superior to me so why would they have the opportunity to "choose" their sex and not a heterosexual? Let's not be deluded and look to science to explain sexuality, it's not going to work. Now let's move on to something worth discussing.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Dear markosity,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. You've asked good questions that I don't have answers to, but if I may, I'd like to play with them a little.

I don't know if there are statistics on heterosexual affairs. I would assume that there are lots of them. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me half of couples had that experience at one time or another.

So the big question is how much, if at all worse are homosexual relationships that heterosexual ones in this matter?
I agree completely that that is the big question. Allow me to point out three differences, then you can decide which kind of affair is worse.

I think that, because of divorce, financial cost, the children and the neighborhood publicity, a straight divorce will make a larger splash than a gay divorce.

The NY Times article said the affairs were entered into with the knowledge of the other party.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that it's more likely that a straight man will have one or two affairs while the number would be higher for a gay man.

Sorry I didn't answer your question, but you know the lines I'm thinking along.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

1. About 2-5% of the global human population are homosexual (not the mythical 10-15%+ that is used to make it appear more common than it actually is).

2. Animals displaying homosexual tendencies do so because of a lack of heterosexual partners available to them. All homosexual behaviour would cease to exist if adequate numbers of the opposite sex were available to each animal.

3. Homosexuality used to be classified as a mental disorder (pre-1974) until it was changed for political reasons. Psychiatrists who edited the DSM were ridiculed and threatened with violence and death threats to remove homosexuality from this list.

the 2nd seems questionable. sources?

I'd be interested to hear as well how number 1 was calculated. I think in the West we see way, way more gay people than the East, but I think that is largely because of political openness. Is there really any way to estimate or guess how 'gay' the population is?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

I'll never understand people who like to yell "sheep" when someone simply disagrees with them.

Having a differing opinion on a topic, especially one that a person could have taken years to cultivate, often through doing independent study on a topic, or going by personal beliefs doesn't make one a sheep. It just makes them different.

Although I suppose it does make it easier to discredit a person once you've deemed them a blind follower.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

Whooaa!! seriously dude, reduce the size of your paint brush to yourself.
Stop basing your opinions on the surveys .

edit on 5-2-2012 by deepankarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

I can give you an estimate of the total gay population in the US. Try my post at the top of page 12. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Probably very true. So if so, then why are Christians claiming that homos are taking over the world? 2 - 5 percent of anything represents no threat to the majority whatsoever.

I completely dispute this 'fact'. I grew up on a dairy farm in New Zealand. Cows display homosexual behaviour despite the fact that bulls run with them during mating time. I have also seen bulls that when put in with the cows that couldn't be less interested.

3. Homosexuality used to be classified as a mental disorder (pre-1974) until it was changed for political reasons. Psychiatrists who edited the DSM were ridiculed and threatened with violence and death threats to remove homosexuality from this list.

Same could be said about the end of apartheid, the recent Arab spring and many other events that have brought about social change with regards to the threats and violence. Humans are very stubborn by nature and it usually takes a lot of jumping up and down to get anything changed. The fact that the mentioned events brought about the change do not necessarily correlate to the fact that the change was wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, et al,

Statistics make my pretty little head hurt and I can't bring myself to actually believe that these, that you presented, are necessarily accurate. For example, as was asked earlier, how many rapes, of the .8% are attributed to prison rape. I don't think most are reported. How many of those rapes were "hate crimes." Were they committed by homosexuals or was it an act of purposeful degradation? How much prison sex is actually homosexual love or adaptation out of necessity.

I am a woman who was a victim of homosexual rape as a very young child. My rapists told me that I would go to prison, where there is nothing but lesbians, who will rape me everyday, if I told anybody. I used to have nightmares of escaping from prison, and running in the dark away from a swarm of big mean lesbians.

How many rapes, reported or unreported, come from the Catholic Church? Does the Catholic Church create or attract gay priests? Why so much pedophilia in the Catholic Church. Is same sex pedophilia a gay thing?

I ask a lot of questions, not really looking for answers, but to provoke thought and discussion. In my opinion, rape is not a gay thing, but a violent act of violation asserting power and control over another. I really don't understand pedophilia, but I am pretty sure it isn't a gay thing either.

Peace out!
Windword
edit on 5-2-2012 by windword because: ocd

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelligence101
This age old question is very simple, I was born straight therefor homosexuals are born homosexual. End of story. Homosexuals are not superior to me so why would they have the opportunity to "choose" their sex and not a heterosexual? Let's not be deluded and look to science to explain sexuality, it's not going to work. Now let's move on to something worth discussing.

"Worth discussing?" Frankly, I find that statement offensive, because a LOT of educated, well-meaning people feel this is worth discussing. There is no delusion in wanting to solve a dilemma or disagreement with a respected authority...such as science with DNA. You can't argue with DNA, therefore the answer will be cut and dry and speculation, opinion and emotion can finally get booted out when it is discussed. If it turns out that they ARE born that way, then perhaps DNA tests will validate them completely, life can move on, and those who believed otherwise will have to readjust their belief systems accordingly. If it turns out that they AREN'T born that way, then wouldn't the obvious compassionate action be the next logical step? (Getting them help, if they desired it.) Both sides risk having the wind sucked out of their sails in a dramatic way should science prove something.

Either outcome is plausible....will either one be accepted by the opposing side when it DOES come out? That is the question.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

Okay, first, I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) from your post that you believe in Christianity as the right way. Im not knocking it, but your belief doesn't necessarily make it so. I posed the question to a previous poster with no response; What if "your way" isn't the "right way"? There are plenty of other religions out there, what makes anyone feel that the one they have been so fortunate to learn is the one true way?

Now, if Christianity is indeed the right way, then preaching the word of God is the right thing to do. However, preaching (publicly proclaiming your belief, or delivering a message to a group of people) is completely different than condemning people. You are simply a messenger. You should have no place in your heart for judgement. You should leave that up to the higher power.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join