It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people ignoring the facts about Homosexuality?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Everyone should read The Pink Swastika it covers how the Nazi party was founded by homosexuals. Even Hitler was a practicing homosexual. Why would the Nazis persecute gays you might ask if they was gay themselves? That is also covered in the free e-book.

It goes on to tell how homosexuals infiltrated the Boy Scouts and how they managed to bring down America's Christian values.

That is if you have the guts to read a book that will wake you from the slumber that has been cast over you by the Satanic forces at work in our culture!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Perhaps your simply trying to have an honesty debate and learn, or perhaps your just trolling thinly disguised hate. Either way I have to Emphatically state that I did not CHOOSE to be a Bi-sexual man. I am very happily married to a woman, have no interests in fetishes of any "abnormal" kind, was never molested or abused as a child, and yet I'm still emotionally and physically attracted to men as well as women. I am equally attracted to women and men, I am NOT in any way shape or form feminine. I enjoy sports, martial arts, very in to cars, and camping. A typical mans man. I was raised in a religiously neutral home, equally corrected when I said Jesus Christ or equally offensive non christian oriented slur. I have no Issue with any ones choice of life partner, as long as it's between Consenting adults on equal footing.

Same sex attraction is present in almost all communal mammal species found through out the world. Even Presents in Insect species such as fruit flies. BTW interesting note Heterosexuality and Homosexuality were both coined by the pro-equality movement in the 1860s( I could be a bit off on the years) as a push back against the anti-sodomy laws were being pushed. Prior to this, as is evident in almost every ancient culture, opposite sex unions were for the most part were simply for procreation, and same sex lovers were often taken on the side and not discussed. In Hawaiian there is even a word that represents a 3rd gender of in flux that applies to Gay,lesbian and transgender people equally. Things similar to this can be found in many of middle eastern cultures as well as African and Latin. Most any place where Judeo-Christian Conquest had limited or minimal impact this is still found. There is even subjective evidence of Church sanctioned Same sex Unions.

On a side note I have no more interest in seeing 2 men, 2 women, a man and a woman, or a couch and a desk lamp make out in public, I'm just not a voyeur. But a simple loving kiss in public, frankly I could care less. If your focus is on how gross it is to watch 2 men kiss in public, perhaps you should look away( just as you would from a large man picking his buttocks ) or perhaps it is a bit of self directed gay hate you need to address before being arrested with a male prostitute,and put your self in mental if not physical danger. (That is meant completely seriously I lost a good friend to his inability to confront his personally feelings, in no way is that meant to be derogatory or stereotypical)

Thanks, hope your just searching for answers.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok, so I've found to my satisfaction that approximately 3% of the population is gay.

I went looking for more facts, this time on the subject of health and disease. My source was the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 2009. Of course, AIDS and HIV are the conditions that come to mind when thinking about male homosexual sex, so I thought I'd look there.

They looked at the 40 states and five dependent areas that have confidential HIV reporting. there statistics include: (I'm rounding everything to the nearest thousand.)

In 2009 (the most recent year that data are available), there were an estimated 48,100 new HIV infections.[1] Most (61%) of these new infections occurred in gay and bisexual men.
Roughly 22,000 were diagnosed among blacks, 12,000 among whites, and 7000 among Latinos.

The most frequent method of transmission was male-male sex at 24,000, heterosexual sex at 13,000, needles 4,000.

For AIDS, there were 35,000 new diagnosis. 17,000 black, 9,000 white, 7,000 hispanic.

The most common transmission methos was male-male sex, at 17,000, heterosexual contact, 10,000, and needles, 5,000.

www.cdc.gov...

So, maybe it's old news, but it appears that gay men get HIV at about twenty times the rate of heterosexuals (and, for some reason, heterosexual women get it much more often than men.) Minorities get it much more frequently than whites, and male-male sex is the most likely way to get HIV/AIDS.

I think I'll keep looking. After all, this is supposed to be a thread about facts.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So, so do you feel equally offended by the over masculant cartoon figures?

You say you don't have a problem with gayness...seems you do. that list was new to me (heman? really? you gotta really be wanting to see gay to see heman as gay)
And so, lets say for a instant that is exactly what the media was doing...trying to let gay kids relate to some characters in an otherwise saturated straight market.
Is every character on every show gay? no...a small segment have innuendos pointing at it...equal to about the small percentage of gay people in society.
if it was trying to push people into being gay, then pretty much everyone whom grew up watching snagglepuss would be gay.

I think an argument can be made about such cartoons making people more comfortable with their feelings, but turning people gay?
Basically, if someone can turn you gay...then you weren't turned gay...you were gay all along. the argument holds no weight.

well if you had have read my comment, you would have noticed I said grooming for more tolerance, and the site i posted as a refference was a gay blog site to help straight people understand how gay people interpreted the "gay" characters and from which shows. so your comment "a gay he-man really" is infact an insult to every gay person on that gay blog, as this is how they saw his character, so you attacking me is quite bazzaar when infact you are attacking the gay community as a whole, my argument was completely about subtle enforcement of trends in the media which there is in many ways for many different things this is just one of them (product placement is another) its not about turning you gay its about acceptance starting at the base level.

edit on 4-2-2012 by repeatoffender because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by theBigToe

you are an id*** plain and simple.. the real reason God is punishing this country is because of our acceptance of gays!! you should all rot n hell!!

link   
I remember a few years back hearing on the radio some experiments people were taking have discovered that some people were showing different types of brain patterns or wiring or something to that effect in those who were homosexual. And they were trying to link this up with young people even babies to see if they had these same occurances, and they said they found a match and therefore they could decide that a person was born homosexual.

Of course at the time I thought, how is this possible, becoming gay or homosexual is a choice, its not by birth no matter what scientists will tell me. But now that I see this article, it explains my original assumption was correct.

Just shows that science cannot explain these moral matters. And those who choose to be homosexual will pay the consequences, on earth, and after the grave. Its always been morally wrong, and still is. Just because more people on the planet in numbers are choosing to express homosexuality, doesnt mean it should be conidered right now. Its not natural, its not human, and its morally wrong.

For those who dont believe in morals or souls or spirits, then dont bother answering my post. You are already lost, nothing I say will change your mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I don't know if a loving relationship between two consenting adults should be thrown into the fetish bin.

Homosexuality isn't just about sex (if it was, there are plenty of items heterosexual people could buy to satisfy that part of their relationship). It is about falling in love and wanting a relationship with someone that just so happens to be the same sex. Nothing more, nothing less.

Does your sentiment towards not wanting children to view PDA apply to straight couples as well? Because if it's simply sexual activity that you feel a child might not be able to understand at a certain age, then it should. Do you feel the same about breastfeeding mothers? That it might create one half of an Oedipus complex in children that could spiral into a strange fetish when they get older?

link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

They attempted to gang rape the angels in SOddom & Gomorroah, so to answer your question it is very plausible.
All fairytales aside, are there any criminal accounts of a bunch of homosexuals gangraping people? Find how many crimes of men raping women you can find, then try to find a tiny fraction of men raping men. You won't have very good luck.
edit on 4-2-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
WHy is EVERY objective thread regarding homosexuality immediately attacked and written off as bigoted hatred?
LBGT community is so damn hypersensitive, moronic and biased

Exactly!
On topic: I don't think that homosexuality is a matter of choice. Let's not forget that sexual attraction is more about chemistry of the brain and hormones than love. I believe that we are genetically encoded to be attracted by the opposite sex as a mean of survival and successful reproduction. Yet some small percent of people may have this code overwritten, or maybe messed up, so their hormones are firing at the wrong sex. Other people are turned on by animals, or dead bodies, or kids, and so on. Don't know if they are born this way, or something goes wrong as they develop, but I don't think is a matter of choice. Just my opinion.

I have nothing against homosexuals, and I couldn't care less what two adults are doing in their bedrooms, unless THEY take it out of their bedrooms and shove it into my face. And I must say that sometimes they love to do that, and it is annoying....just like the passion displayed in this thread without even touching the OP question.

edit on 4-2-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There is no definite scientific proof that people are born gay...as far as I could find out...only theories. Some say yes; some say no...some say people are born gay....some say they are not and that they made a choice to be gay.

From talking to and knowing many gay people....I personally believe that they are born gay but by choice...I believe in reincarnation...and when a (spirit & soul) is in the holding place...before reincarnating...they make the choice to be gay or not at that time...thus they are born gay.

I know many of you may (agree to disagree) with me...and that is ok...but it is what I believe.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Before pointing to that widely refuted book you might want to do a little research on Himmler the real force that started the Nazi movement, and how his beliefs were based COMPLETELY on that elimination of Gays, founded mostly on mummified remains of men in a swamp. He believed these remains were proof of a Gay cleansing (because they were all male) and that it was their ancestral rite to go forth with this. There is a lot of evidence that Hitler was a Homosexual though he was also a Jew and most of his drive came from that hate he felt about himself.

Perhaps you would have a better time saying that Gays have infiltrated the Christian Churches since as recorded about 80% of all molestation takes place with in religious families.
edit on 4-2-2012 by PriestOfAries because: Need to learn to type.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
I remember a few years back hearing on the radio some experiments people were taking have discovered that some people were showing different types of brain patterns or wiring or something to that effect in those who were homosexual. And they were trying to link this up with young people even babies to see if they had these same occurances, and they said they found a match and therefore they could decide that a person was born homosexual.

Of course at the time I thought, how is this possible, becoming gay or homosexual is a choice, its not by birth no matter what scientists will tell me. But now that I see this article, it explains my original assumption was correct.

Just shows that science cannot explain these moral matters. And those who choose to be homosexual will pay the consequences, on earth, and after the grave. Its always been morally wrong, and still is. Just because more people on the planet in numbers are choosing to express homosexuality, doesnt mean it should be conidered right now. Its not natural, its not human, and its morally wrong.

For those who dont believe in morals or souls or spirits, then dont bother answering my post. You are already lost, nothing I say will change your mind.

this is the post i meant to quote!!
Morals!! thank you!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by CaptainNemo

They attempted to gang rape the angels in SOddom & Gomorroah, so to answer your question it is very plausible.
All fairytales aside, are there any criminal accounts of a bunch of homosexuals gangraping people? Find how many crimes of men raping women you can find, then try to find a tiny fraction of men raping men. You won't have very good luck.
edit on 4-2-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

Here you go male on male rape statistics www.svfreenyc.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Check the statistics on Hiv Transmission in Africa it tells a completely different story. HIV is spread by unsafe sexual intercourse period. You have no higher chance of contracting HIV from sex with a man then from a woman. Wrap it up and use dental down and limit the exposure. The Gay male community really needs to work on responsible sexual interactions and educations. That is very evident and every intelligent Gay man will agree with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PriestOfAries
reply to post by charles1952

Check the statistics on Hiv Transmission in Africa it tells a completely different story. HIV is spread by unsafe sexual intercourse period. You have no higher chance of contracting HIV from sex with a man then from a woman. Wrap it up and use dental down and limit the exposure. The Gay male community really needs to work on responsible sexual interactions and educations. That is very evident and every intelligent Gay man will agree with it.

And yet the CDC says HIV is higher among homosexuals www.cdc.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

So, maybe it's old news, but it appears that gay men get HIV at about twenty times the rate of heterosexuals (and, for some reason, heterosexual women get it much more often than men.) Minorities get it much more frequently than whites, and male-male sex is the most likely way to get HIV/AIDS.

I think I'll keep looking. After all, this is supposed to be a thread about facts.

And what do these facts tell us? That being homosexual is wrong? That being a minority is wrong? That being a heterosexual woman is wrong? Or, does it tell us that we should be better at promoting safe sex?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why do most homosexuals insistently rely on this non-existent genetic cruch? You want equal rights and acceptance yet you still refuse to accept yourself.? All the otiose bickering can be eliminated if gays stand by their choice to live a homosexual lifestyle. I also think that the venerated adult homosexuals have a lot influence over the unstable or confused adolescent who struggle with their attraction, they should step up and and send a more positive and self-embracing message to these kids: Respect your choice and others will respect you. I personally commend and respect all gays who are REALLY proud to be gay.
To all the pretenders, nah...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Homosexuality is scum. I know now some brainwashed shouters will shout some well rehearsed words. lol...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

It is in this country, Think of a typical sex education that people get. It is very Hetero-centric, and covers very little about Homosexual sexual safety. Most men and women understand that you have a MUCH higher chance of becoming pregnant if contraceptive aren't used. If you ask most people that will be the reason that is given for the use of condoms. worries over STDs will be very much secondary and almost always dismissed. The gay male population does not have this concern, the emphasis is very different. A lot of Gay men have issues with their sexuality due to their childhood, religious values, or personal issues, thus when they either become open about it, or act on it they are not nearly as informed or concerned as they should be. This contributes ALOT to the higher rate of HIV transmission in the community.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join