It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants to use nuclear weapon, Harper says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianOrion

Originally posted by newyorkee
I´ll stick to my original point....he didn't say to wipe Israel off the map....after that you do your homework like the rest of us.....

.this is lame....you are no challenge...just an angry little man.....go ahead...I now GIVE you back this thread to call me all the names you want.....my responses can't be erased and everyone will see what a tool you have become.....happy drooling

If anybody reads our interaction, and one of my ATS contacts has... they would possibly conclude that you were incapable of answering ANY question I asked of you... that you became quite abusive and I responded to your abuse... that YOU are anti-American (whatever that means)... and that you are seemingly so much in support of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that you could be Mahmoud Ahmadinejad...

Did Mahmoud Ahmadinejad say that he would try to lead his nation towards a peaceful direction and develop 'friendships' with the American/Zionists? Or did Mahmoud Ahmadinejad decide himself to be some sort of Islamic deliverer, opposed to anything 'western' and 'American?'

Only LOVE can conquer FEAR... now run along little boy... mommy has your dinner on the table

so got proof of how my translation was wrong like you said it was....no....ok go back to drooling.....you are so cute...what questions.....you just called me a muslim a bunch of times......you are so lame....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All you bunches of posters are simply out of the loop and disconnected from current events. Clearly, Iran is a danger to world peace. But you don't understand yet. Pity. Fortunately, world affairs do not depend on these people posting here in this thread. Mercy be to god, the one who determined that things would go on this way. I'd be miserable if the unwise (such as yourselves) led world affairs, for surely all would collapse and Mad Max would emerge from the rubble.

The those unaware, I'll go over the short list:
1) Iran has fought a proxy war against Israel and western interests through Hezbollah and Hamas
2) Iran has fought a proxy war against the US by smuggling moneys/arms into Iraq
3) Iran has stated that Israel does not have a right to exist (Iran is not alone in its thinking, though. in fact, a fair assessment of this goes back to the creation of Israel in 1948.)
4) Iran has refused to re-enter into negotiations and to readmit inspectors full-access to their facilities
5) By its failure to rejoin the international community, it has admitted to nuclear weapons development

Now, Iran is not the only nation to fight proxy wars. Most, if not all countries, have done this before. Russia has given material aide to Iraq and Iran. In fact, many/most Iraqi insurgents who fought against the US during our campaign to topple Saddam were equipped with russian-made arms. The US gave material aide to Saddam during his stint with Iran in the Iran/Iraq war in the 1980's. Additionally, the US helped to fund the insurgents in Afghanistan during the Soviet incursion into Afghanistan (late 1970's through 1980's). There's a long history of countries fighting proxy wars. The difference here is that Iran is supporting organizations that commit terrorism abroad. Furthermore, proxy wars have never been deemed to be acceptable. Behind the scenes, countries plan their futures based on the proxy wars others (perhaps their enemies) fight. Iran is our enemy, essentially, because of its support of groups that attack us and our allies. But the fact that these organizations perform terrorism gives us an additional reason to slam down on Iran with an iron fist. None of this is done happily. No one WANTS to fight.
edit on 7-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
All you bunches of posters are simply out of the loop and disconnected from current events. Clearly, Iran is a danger to world peace. But you don't understand yet, yet. Fortunately, world affairs do not depend on these people posting here in this thread. Mercy be to god, the one who determined that things would go on this way. I'd be miserable if the unwise led world affairs, for surely all would collapse and Mad Max would emerge from the crushed rubble.

yes yes .....god.....then fear.......and here it comes.........collapse.....ok....

disinfo much or did your preacher tell you that after having you watch fox news during the sermon

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A friend of mine is from Iran.

Went to college in USA.

Speaks fluent English and Farsi.

He tells me that Ahmadinejad uses a slightly localized dialect.

He agrees with this translation:

The Real deal

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
All you bunches of posters are simply out of the loop and disconnected from current events. Clearly, Iran is a danger to world peace. But you don't understand yet. Pity. Fortunately, world affairs do not depend on these people posting here in this thread. Mercy be to god, the one who determined that things would go on this way. I'd be miserable if the unwise (such as yourselves) led world affairs, for surely all would collapse and Mad Max would emerge from the rubble.

I don't think Iran is a danger at all.

I think countries and states that have nukes are dangerous.

I think all nations with nukes need to be inspected by unbiased agencies.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't disagree with Harper on this. I also agree with him on Islamism being a major threat overall, and remain amused that he said it probably knowing he'd have to "apologize" for it afterwards.

Iran is playing chicken, and provoking problems. Saudi Arabia really doesn't get the credit it deserves on this front, but then they aren't playing chicken with world trade routes.

Azerbaijan looks to be profiting from this escapade. I'm sure we'll be seeing an increase in terrorism in the area because of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
A friend of mine is from Iran.

Went to college in USA.

Speaks fluent English and Farsi.

He tells me that Ahmadinejad uses a slightly localized dialect.

He agrees with this translation:

The Real deal

And a friend of mine is Iranian. She moved to Canada shortly after the brutal Iranian crackdown after the scam of an election they last held.

It was the last straw for her family. During protests, her brother was beaten and then detained without charges by the Basij. He was held for shortly under a month. During that time he was beaten and locked in a freezing, white room naked. When he tried to sleep, they splashed cold water on him.

After his release, her family decided enough was enough. They were well connected, and able to buy passage out of Iran though Turkey. They pack their things and fled. She has confided in me about the bloodlust the Iranian government and clergy feel towards the Jews. Hell, ive said it time and time again, say what you want about those translations, you cannot deny that Ahmadinjad and the Ayatollah incite massive prayer rallies to chant "Death to USA! Death to Israel!" over and over, and publicly hang gays in the streets. These are not the actions of a sane, reasonable government.

We may have problems here in the West, but the day we start hanging people in the streets for the simple crime of being gay or cheating on your husband with the consent of the government is the day i take up arms and attempt an overthrow.

edit on 7-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wonder how the diaspora of Persian Ba'hai and Christians feel about the Mullahocracy of Iran?

We have enough of them here, I'm sure that we could ask.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sure we would be beating the war drums right along-side him if it weren't for the fact that roughly 80% of us don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. He's a crook and we all know it. Come to think of it, I know quite a few people, and yet noone that I spoke to actually voted for that fool. Sounds a bit fishy to me.
EDIT: BTW if you Americans think you have it bad, we Canadians are losing our rights at a higher rate than you are. Just recently, they made it law that if you own a dually pickup truck, you now need to buy commercial certification for it. (I know kinda minor to most people, but for someone in my line of work (Pallets), that's a crushing blow. Commercial cert. is just bloody expensive.) Little things like that happen every damn month. Every month they take something else away. By next year, I figure, this is not going to be a very nice place to live.
edit on 7/1/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I do not support Iran....your friends story is sad....
yet I don't see that as an Americans problem.....we have a corrupt government here to deal with....we are being detained without a peep.....we are being tortured.....our constitution is being ass raped.......this is insane....we are bankrupt....we are going from poor to 3rd world....

WTF and here we are arguing over Iran because Israel is calling foul......I don't care.....when our own government is dealt with......I´ll look to the world and talk about crazy leaders....ours put disinfo people in every facet of our lives and expect obedience.....GET OUT OF OUR LIVES....or we will kick you out....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Any wet dreams lately? Like this one:

Go to 0:51. That's what you want to do. That's your wet dream. But it's naive and misguided.

Behind your exterior, you and many others have a wish for collapse and being like Mad Max.

You say you want peace, but your unconscious knows that collapse is what you want.

That's why you don't want to do anything about Iran. You want to see everything collapse.

You won't admit it. And you're too gutless to join the military and fight for your country.

Guns and bullets and explosions are what you're after. Not sacrifice or giving to others.

People like this do not know what real explosions are like. Or real fighting.

YOu're just waiting for the right moment when everything collapse to whip out hte guns.

I can honestly blame this on too many video games and too little real learning.

link   

makes me sick

link   

WTF and here we are arguing over Iran because Israel is calling foul......I don't care.....when our own government is dealt with......I´ll look to the world and talk about crazy leaders....ours put disinfo people in every facet of our lives and expect obedience.....GET OUT OF OUR LIVES....or we will kick you out....

Yeah, selfish in the extreme.

Simply because we have problems here we should ignore the suffering of people on the other side of the world? Sorry, i like to think globally. When i look at my life here in Canada, honestly couldnt be much happier. I have a good life, amazing family, make good money and travel the world extensively. Thank god my wife is not treated as they would have me treat her in most muslim countries.

Sorry, i worry about all people of earth, not just about things here at home, where i must say we have it pretty damn good. After travelling the world i can honestly say that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Sure we would be beating the war drums right along-side him if it weren't for the fact that roughly 80% of us don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. He's a crook and we all know it. Come to think of it, I know quite a few people, and yet noone that I spoke to actually voted for that fool. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Most of the people I know did vote for the Conservatives.

For people in this thread who live outside of the countries of the British Parliamentary system: we don't vote for the Prime Minister (federal level or provincial level where the title is instead Premier but means the same thing).

The PM is the head of the party which won the most constituencies in an election. So no one outside the constituency of Calgary Southwest voted for him directly.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Yeah, selfish in the extreme.

Simply because we have problems here we should ignore the suffering of people on the other side of the world? Sorry, i like to think globally. When i look at my life here in Canada, honestly couldnt be much happier. I have a good life, amazing family, make good money and travel the world extensively. Thank god my wife is not treated as they would have me treat her in most muslim countries.

Sorry, i worry about all people of earth, not just about things here at home, where i must say we have it pretty damn good. After travelling the world i can honestly say that.

since you worry about all people.....what about IRAN.....this sort of rhetoric causes wars like IRAQ......or did you forget about all the lives that caused to end abruptly....argue peace.....or live with being the war monger you advocate by proxy....

so you want us to bomb iran is that it.....oh you are such a saint....I see you have been busy here on ATS.....really want to get into it

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

And a friend of mine is Iranian. She moved to Canada shortly after the brutal Iranian crackdown after the scam of an election they last held.

It was the last straw for her family. During protests, her brother was beaten and then detained without charges by the Basij. He was held for shortly under a month. During that time he was beaten and locked in a freezing, white room naked. When he tried to sleep, they splashed cold water on him.

After his release, her family decided enough was enough. They were well connected, and able to buy passage out of Iran though Turkey. They pack their things and fled. She has confided in me about the bloodlust the Iranian government and clergy feel towards the Jews. Hell, ive said it time and time again, say what you want about those translations, you cannot deny that Ajmanabad and the Ayatollah incite massive prayer rallies to chant "Death to USA! Death to Israel!" over and over, and publicly hang gays in the streets. These are not the actions of a sane, reasonable government.

I completely understand your friend and her family's dilemma and I can sympathize with your burdens as well.
(sounds like they are Jewish?)

My friend is Jewish and came to the U.S. in the 1970's. He is a cardiologist. He has returned to visit relatives several times with no problems. Last time was 5 years ago. The family travels here also.

Many people have problems in the world.

Many world leaders and icons are not normal.

Many are psychopaths.

What is a "white room"?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by MrEcho

I think Harper is a Christian Zionist who actually believes the stuff about Israel being the land being given to the Jews by God. Plus he is a power hungry butt kisser who will do anything to advance on the world stage.

It's times like this that I'm ashamed to be Canadian. I'm moving to Quebec LOL.

Canadian troops have no business fighting Iran!
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

You know, I was just thinking about this past Christmas. One side of my family are christian fundamentalists. I had a conversation with my grandmother about politics for the first time and learned she was a Bush supporter. Naturally, she believes Israel must be protected at all costs.

Then I got into 911...

My point is, I don't think these christian folk from small towns are educated enough in the "goings-ons" of how the government works. What do they teach in the church on Sundays exactly? I'm curious to know and I wonder if it is time to have "guest speakers" do a road trip to major churches in Canada.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Still going off about how we must force regime change in Iran because they are so evil over there?

I guess you haven't studied the bigger picture yet. Do you really think the geostrategic players care about either side's propaganda? The offensive on Iran has nothing to do with their domestic situation- it is all about the fact that they are not alligned to the west.

Read some Brzezinski if you can't understand it. The whole middle east region is contested by all of the major powers because not only is it loaded with vast resources, but it also happens to be right between Europe, Russia, and China. It is a vital geostrategic frontier and obviously the US wants it because the US has jumped into the globalpower role for the last 21 years.

And really, how bad the domestic situation in Iran is completely subjective. If you think our country should wage a war with another country because we don't like their domestic situation, then why the hell do we ignore Africa? Because Africa isn't a major geostrategic region. People who support these bloody wars of accumulation based on empathy, seriously lack perception.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sounds like Stevie has "nuclear envy". With this maniac running the country I'm damn glad we don't have nukes.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How do we know for sure that criminal elements in Israel are not smuggling nuclear material out and selling to unsavory enemies ?

We need to be certain.

We need to be absolutely positive.

We need to know if criminals have purchased and smuggled material out of Russia.

What if a highly organized international crime ring is present in Israel.

Who can guarantee this is false ?

Who can the world trust.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join