It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants to use nuclear weapon, Harper says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
While I am of the opinion that ALL wars are abhorrent, there will always be such actions while mankind thirsts for POWER and not UNDERSTANDING...

With regards the events in Iran, may I remind people that one Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Israel must be "wiped off the map" in October 2005... www.nytimes.com...

Also, I read an article whereby Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that it was his destiny to 'destroy Israel'... I will post source and links when I find said article...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Making such declarations, as in the above article, surely leaves the Israeli/US with very little choice, after all, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has himself made it clear that he does not respect Israel and wants to destroy them... should Israel wait till he has such capabilities???

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
yeah like when Iraq left us with no choice.....whatever.....you say go get em.....I say let em come.....and if Israel is left with no choice.....why is the US left with no choice.....are WE Israel.....no...we are not....that is a foreign country

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Whether you like it or not, Israel, the USA and Great Britain are all inextricably linked. So much so that a threat against Israel is a threat against both the USA and GB... I believe that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad refers to the USA as the 'Great Satan' and Israel as 'little Satan' and he has spoken a number of times, publicly, expressing his desire to destroy both.

This fight is not a new fight. This war is not a new war. Is has been on the 'table' for centuries...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If we use weapons of radiation chemicals or bio weapons or Iran does, then or lands will be tarnished for aeons, let the disputes rest in piece and instead of developing nuclear tech. find prospects into cold fusion. The end of sinful times is at hand and the muslims fear western movement because of their ways over woman and domicile but look at your land, you have desert and we have great plains. Let us all bargain stop tobacco and trade food for oil and spice. We can all get along and there is no reason to hate Israel for all will kneel before Jesus whether you like it or not; every head will bow. Remember the Ball of Fire above Iran; BURNING BUSH

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
How hard is it to just leave Iran the hell alone and stop with the negative vibes?
I'm not really keen on the Arab places but this bs I keep from the power-puppets is pure bullying and intimidation!

The U.S. would be happy to leave Iran alone...if it could stop breaking international laws and abide by it's agreements and treaties.

Iran did not have the capability to build nuclear reactors...the purchased this tech. from Russia under the Nuke Nonproliferation treaty....they have not abided by the conditions for receaving this tech.

Plus the fact that Iran is threatening world security and energy. If they carry out their threats...they will cease to exist. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
no the Jewish people have lived amongst Arabs for centuries all throughout the world.....Israel....has had problems since WW2......saying we are under attack when a FOREIGN country is threatened is like the saying that anyone killed anywhere was an attempt on your life directly.....it is propaganda.....

we do not need to die for them since they do not die for us.....do they send troops to our conflicts...or give us aid....no....why should we.....let them solve their own problems.....it is like a rich welfare state that doesn't need the help but is glad to supply an excuse for our countries to spend like it's going out of style....all this so all that money is not even questioned.....and allot of it just disappears.....

BS with an old dinky shovel......being shoved down our throat....why not invade the whole world if we are interconnected......FINANCIALLY....not politically....look what happened during the World Wars.....allies bring the whole world into conflict because they seem to think that arguing from immunity at the negation table makes them right....the US gives Israel unconditional support making them feel like they are above international law and common sense....

edit on 7-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Blimey... you really need to do a little research RE: Israel and the USA and Great Britain before you offer your opinion, my friend... all three are inextricably linked...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

how mr Israel.....what is wrong with what I said.....please explain or say nothing....oh wait you DID say nothing.....
how.....?¿? yeah lets get into it......I´m in the mood....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What about pakistan and india threatning each other for decades? How come most people don't care about that, they only care about israel and iraq or israel and iran? Don't get me wrong in that I have some sympathy for israel and jews, but they have not done enough for their national security either cause they don't want to or cause they are not allowed to by others.

It seems absurd israel has been incapable of defending itself while the media has been all too happy to sensationalise the palestinian crisis. Normally it takes two to tango, and israel is just as guilty as the palestinians for building walls and encouraging seperation of peoples based on religion. In fact it is religious zealotry to the core.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianOrion

With regards the events in Iran, may I remind people that one Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Israel must be "wiped off the map" in October 2005... www.nytimes.com...

Also, I read an article whereby Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that it was his destiny to 'destroy Israel'... I will post source and links when I find said article...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Thank you for showing that you can't trust everything published in the New York Times and in the Guardian UK. Consider the source, the authors, their affiliations, and their agenda.

Ahmadinejad never said that. He speaks in Farsi not English. The translation you're parrotting is false. It is blatant propaganda designed to mislead people who accept at face value whatever they're told to believe and then make decisions about what should never be considered lightly, like vilifying, oppressing, bombing, and invading a nation based on lies.

It would take you but a moment on Google to find the true English translation of his Farsi statements.

Since I am replying to your post on this ATS thread, it seems you know how to use a computer. Have you ever heard of Google? Do you know how to perform a Google search? Google this subject. You will learn something unless, of course, you're mind is closed and you prefer to believe whatever may fit confortably with your prejudices.

I am not saying anything one way or the other about Ahmadinejad in this post. Just pointing out that you are doing nothing more than parrotting others' misrepresentations about what his Farsi statements mean in English.

If you're going to vilify the man, then at least be accurate and honest in what you attribute to him.
edit on 1/7/2012 by dubiousone because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Thank you for your insulting tone and condescending words... while I am more than aware that the MSM do indeed act as propaganda machines when/if they see fit, for you to state that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad did NOT say these things is surely due to the fact that you have read and believed another source? Yet, you fail to provide any evidence of your source... you just choose to insult me with your post.

Would I be here if I followed everything the MSM claimed?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

What about pakistan and india threatning each other for decades? How come most people don't care about that, they only care about israel and iraq or israel and iran? Don't get me wrong in that I have some sympathy for israel and jews, but they have not done enough for their national security either cause they don't want to or cause they are not allowed to by others.

It seems absurd israel has been incapable of defending itself while the media has been all too happy to sensationalise the palestinian crisis. Normally it takes two to tango, and israel is just as guilty as the palestinians for building walls and encouraging seperation of peoples based on religion. In fact it is religious zealotry to the core.

Good Point! You know that it has only been of late that the U.S. has even taken an interest in India as we see it as a possible strong trading partner. As for Pakistan...there are two VERY different types of Pakistani people....one being very friendly and go out of their way to treat a guest like a King....the other....a product of Madrassas and highly suspicious of the U.S. even though we have worked with them to protect Afghanistan against the former CCCP and have worked with them of late by Pakistan giving the CIA approval to opperate drones to kill terrorists.

The goverment will protest after every drone strike...but this was part of the deal in allowing us to opperate. Understand this....the U.S. Military have very real and practiced plans to secure Pakistani Nuclear facilities should the Military splinter and possibly allow terorists to come close to gaining access of these nukes. The same U.S. Military plans are in effect for India...but India is a bit more stable.

The U.S. would not hesitate to invade or intervene to keep both countries Nukes safe and the U.S. is a t a tech. point where a country having a nuke would not deter U.S. Military intervention. I know intamately people from Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, India and Bangladesh. They are good people. But when I started to Talk about Gennas...spelling issues....plan for a secular Pakistan....I was met with...THAT IS NOT TRUE! We all know Pakistan was created a s an Islamic state....but that statement is false....Pakistans founding father wanted a secular country...and this is not being taught in their schools. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

yeah but is he wrong......I checked it....and he was correct....what's your point....he was rude....so what....he didn't speak to you out of disrespect.....he disagreed.....you had the same condescending tone earlier before....just spit facts if you feel slighted....not this, you said he said BS......he is right....prove him wrong if you can....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

If this is true, then rather than just say so, why not provide your sources? I have provided mine and you are saying that due to the fact that they are MSM that they have 'made it up' ???

I will not get drawn into an argument with someone who says things like, 'I checked, and he's right'... You checked what? Where? If you don't provide your source, all you have left is an opinion... and we all have them

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Don't you think the israeli-palestinian conflict has been blown way out of porportion???

That is the bottom line. Jewish and islamic fanatics vying for total control of israel/palestine and thus having to settle for an ill-conceived two-state solution. It would be much better for the local population if they all just got along.

I don't support theocracy or non-secular government. I am left wing for a reason!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

easy as pie

what.....what.....son...lol.....J/k.....I am watching juice and I am feeling all lively......lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Please... are you citing that site as a credible source?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

is it wrong......the translation,......is it wrong......?¿?¿

if it is then....I guess so....I am wrong...but since i is NOT....I dont care what the source is...it is not opinion....this can be PROVEN.....or can you not becsuse it IS a correct translation......school me son....1

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Don't you think the israeli-palestinian conflict has been blown way out of porportion???

That is the bottom line. Jewish and islamic fanatics vying for total control of israel/palestine and thus having to settle for an ill-conceived two-state solution. It would be much better for the local population if they all just got along.

I don't support theocracy or non-secular government. I am left wing for a reason!

Every time an Arab or Iranian dictator or religious fanatic is about to do something stupid and unjustifiable....they pull out the Israel/ Palestinian card. In reality these guys could care less.

Something should be done to resolve the issue but both sides are pig headed and don't see the value of making peace. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

IF this is a transcript from the original speech... and I use the word IF... then the person who has written it is indeed splitting hairs (as are you IMO) regarding what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad intended...

It is clear, even in this article that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was openly and publicly expressing his views regarding Israel and the USA... if you read this article and take from it that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not being anything other than a provocateur, then you, my friend are surely Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join