It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
All I know is I'm seeing a lot of evidence and data to say this was nothing but an artifact, and not a shred of evidence it was a cloaked alien spaceship the size of a planet.

I see a lot of people just hoping its an alien ship, thats all.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by OldCorp

Why do you think that?

2nd

Probably because the object that is supposed to be Mercury the day before, is of a completely different shape.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Also, if this was posted before I'm sorry, the search engine needs to be revamped!!!!

No it doesn't its just fine One just needs to actually USE IT

Simply type in one word "Mercury" and see what you get

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i want to believe its a spacecraft.. but who says its ET craft it might be alien to us but it might be one of our own ships. and yes i believe we have such crafts because i think that all of that money which has been released for raising the economy by obama and the current wars we have are not that expansive and are only a cover front to funnel money to secret projects.
thats why we have that many wars and we will have a war with Iran .. it will only cost a fraction of what we so called are spending on that war .. 90 % of that money is being spend on something totally secret and not that war we are seeing on earth.

I thought that from seeing stargate sg1 .. when project was disclosed to the allies on earth like china uk ect.. and you want to keep it secret , how can you do that if you want to build those ships in that serie if the known budget is only 2 to 10 bilion dollars as said in the serie..
you have to funnel money different ways and that can only be done by creating wars and emergencies so you say project cost for those wars and emergencies is a surten amount of dollars which will be higher then the actual cost.
the surplus they create that way is funneled into these programs.
if they think something might happen 2012 and you are creating ships for possible coming of aliens in 2012 you want them cloaked and in the neighbourhood for if those aliens are evil .
yes sounds like a movie script but its only trying connect dots from stories i read here on the forum.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Wow, ATS is getting more and more pathetic. People on here seem to be more interested in being mentally entertained by crazy fantasies and figments of their imagination rather than the sometimes mundane truth of the matter.

It seems like people just want to talk about B.S. and mock anyone who doesn't fall for said B.S. They don't want people to tell them "there is no spaceship behind mercury it's just an image artifact", they wan't someone to say, "omg yes! there is a giant cloaked spaceship behind mercury! OMG! RUN!". If you don't do the later you will be considered an outcast, a disinfo agent, shill, etc..

Yes, this is an "alternative topics" website, but that doesn't mean you can just disregard known facts and information and perpetuate any stupid fantasy you can come up with. It doesn't mean people are only going to talk about the "alternative explanation" for most phenomena. ATS has ALWAYS been known to be a type of "think tank" where you go to refine your theories, and get more information about them, and get to the truth of the matter. ....and the truth is not always a conspiracy!

Some of you have to understand that there are very experienced people in the "alternative topics" realm of the internet. They have been around long enough to see hundreds if not thousands of topics about "cloaked spaceships" and "hidden planets and stars" and "doomsday asteroids" and "TPTB secret weapons" and all that "alternative" stuff, and they already know how most of these topics start and end. Most of them have studied and researched all of these topics long and hard for many hours just to get to the bottom of them... These people are often called "disinfo agents" and "shills" because they usually know a crap load of information about all of these topics and share it with all of you when these topics show up.

This topic is no different. This topic is almost an exact replica of many topics that have already been on ATS for years. Same image artifact, same fantasy about it being a space ship... God forbid one of these experienced persons who has seen many of these topics in the past try to explain to people what they are looking at without being called a shill.

The way I see it, it's like a child being shown a magic trick for the first time. You see the child amazed and confused, wondering what happened and how, while thinking the magic is real. Then an adult comes along and tells them it is just an illusion, and explains how the illusion was created. Then the kid realizes he had been fooled, and learns it was just a trick. On ATS, some of those kids are in denial. They call the adults shills and disinfo agents, and they never learn.

edit on 11-12-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It can't be anything serious as Obama's on holiday....

ey?

What do you mean he's always on holiday?

Seriously, don't mods think that 2 threads open re this is one thread too many as its just a silly rehash of thread one.

As for the object, artifact or space ship, who cares, could be Santa for all I care as there's no way to prove anything unless it comes a hell of a lot closer.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Its old news now.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I personally believe it's a classic case of Swamp Gas, come-on, can't you see the vapors ;-)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
If the object is just a software glitch showing were Mercury was in the days before, why is the object not spherical like Mercury?

Because the pseudo-dark frame that created it was generated by performing a median combine of multiple images. This was already stated.

It´s a completely different shape, and why does it only appear when it is hit by the CME?

It appears at about the same time every single day regardless of whether there's a CME there or not (for instance, here it was on the 6th, no CME at all: secchi.nrl.navy.mil... ). In my example from 2009 it appears before the CME reaches it. It has nothing to do with the CME.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

I understand your point of view, but I don't get why you decided to call the people who disagree with you pathetic. If they want to believe it's an "alien spaceship", respect their opinion and let them. Whats so hard about that?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

How would you know what we commonely associate as fiction is not reality, and what we think of reality is not really fiction? Have you been to the pentagon lately? What is the purpose behind confidential, secret and top secret?

Works of fiction are not subject to entropy.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The object looks like a Dolmen, not round like Mercury. Lets assume for discussion purposes it was really an artificial object, cloaked, the size of Mercury. Does this mean the Sun is used as a Star Gate? How could an object be that close to the Sun and not be an oven? How could they cloak themselves? That transparent aluminum being hit with a laser is a possibility. It makes you wonder how long it's been there and whether of not everyone in it is dead. Why would someone be interested in Mercury? If somone is there they are hiding awfully close to Earth. Lets talk about ideas, too many individuals are name calling and persecuting ideas on this thread.
This what happens in every horror movie right before the people all die because they are in denial. Possibilities and imagination lead the world into positive directions.
edit on 11-12-2011 by frugal because: sp

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't know what's with you debunkers on this subject. It is entirely believable without a shred of doubt that alien space ships the size of Mercury exist, and use Star Trek cloaking to avoid detection. It's probably the Mercureans have finally conquered space flight and they did it in style. Biggerer is betterer, after all. Give them 30 years or so and they might come visit us.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Wow, this thread REALLY perfectly demonstrates just how willfully ignorant some people on ATS will be. Its sad how you quote the random youtube conspiracy guy's youtube comment but then completely ignore and leave out the scientific explanation given by the EXPERTS in the same damn article. Did you even read the full article before posting it? It was explained what it really was right there for you by knowledgeable experts yet you completely ignore it in favor of the juicy fantasy story from random youtuber with no expertise.

Then Phage points this out and gives you plenty of proof of what it really is and you still just act like the random youtube dude's baseless opinion outweighs scientists and experts with actual data and proof lol.. And then more "believers" jump in and just blindly say any actual explanation is just "ignorant skeptics/shills/disinfo angents debunking". To them literally no alien story/claim can be proven false as long as they want to believe it, any proof at all to the contrary they will just ignore and brush off as "shills, sheep, disinfo agents, etc debunking"

God ATS makes me sick sometimes, even when slapped right in the face with the truth by actual experts in the field, people would rather put their hands over their ears and ignore it to hold on to their fantasies.

Deny Ignorance is quickly becoming extinct here, instead people would rather blindly and ignorantly believe and spread fantasies and claim any proof that it's not what the youtube nutter claims it is is just "disinfo" by "shills" etc. Apparently all you need to do to become an undeniable expert in the ufo field is register an account on youtube.
edit on 11-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mortalhelix

I didn't call people who disagree with me pathetic. I called the people who accuse others of being disinfo agents and shills pathetic.

That is another problem on ATS... People don't know how to read and they add their own twist to your words, and accuse you of saying something you didn't say.

edit on 11-12-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
The object looks like a Dolmen, not round like Mercury.

Again, this is because the pseudo-dark frame that created it was generated by performing a median combine of multiple images. This was already stated. Mercury moves between images, which is the whole reason the artifact occurs to begin with.

Lets talk about ideas, too many individuals are name calling and persecuting ideas on this thread.

I am not name calling, I am pointing out that this is not an actual object, it's an imaging processing artifact... because that's what it is. Pretending it's something else is not denying ignorance, it's actively maintaining it. People who engage in this kind of make-believe discredit the entire UFO movement. If that makes me guilty of "persecuting ideas" because they're wrong, so be it.
edit on 11-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What is this technobabble?
"a wave of electronically charged material"
ELECTRICALLY! NOT ELECTRONICALLY!.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Gee... I wanna be an arrogant bully and dictate how another sentient being perceives content too!
Schmecond line.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

Sorry, might have misinterpreted some of the things I read, just the first few lines really caught my eye.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join