It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Richard Hoageland has worked for nasa, then for cbs as astronomy corespondant and then wrote 5-6 books.

Off topic but...
1) Nope.
2) Not exactly.
3) So what? JK Rowling wrote seven. And they are better than Hoagland's.

edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
you start to make fun of LEGENDS then you show your true colors and they ain't pretty!

WOW...are you serious.? You can't be..

You named almost every BS artist in the UFO field there is. Surprised you didn't mention that blossom lady or the other lady who video tapes planes and tells you they are aliens flying over her...

Tell me is there anyone you don't believe? So basically you are saying to me and ATS..."gullible person here..if you got a story about UFO's and aliens...doesn't matter how far fetched...I will believe you"
edit on 10-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

lol - Hoagland's "work" for NASA consisted of a couple of seminars for staff - they ran these as "perks" on "interesting subjects" - ie they bought him in to give staff a laugh!

A skeptical look at Hoagland

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem since you failed to realise I was quoting Aloysius the Gaul's signature? It was'nt mine!

And yet his comment was appropriate

edit on 10-12-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

you start to make fun of LEGENDS then you show your true colors and they ain't pretty!

WOW...are you serious.? You can't be..

You named almost every BS artist in the UFO field there is. Surprised you didn't mention that blossom lady or the other lady who video tapes planes and tells you they are aliens flying over her...

Tell me is there anyone you don't believe? So basically you are saying to me and ATS..."gullible person here..if you got a story about UFO's and aliens...doesn't matter how far fetched...I will believe you"
edit on 10-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

You just helped me make my point that I am wasting my time here on this disinfo infested board.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So you say you're disputing the explanation because it...goes to "such unbelievable lengths?"

Which is more likely? You saw a video of something you know nothing about and assumed spaceship

OR -and this is big- some people know a lot more about certain subjects than you do and when they offer you a real scientific explanation you accuse them of "misinformation,"... because you think your 'what you see is what you get' judgement is more accurate. Are you even a high school graduate?

All I can say is that I'm impressed by your ignorance - it seems to know no bounds
edit on 10-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Stop spreading it then!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Yep. Finished high school and then went to college for a computer science degree. Might as well not have gone at all though since it was a waste of my time. Did it to please my parents. Should have went to a vocational school instead.

Anyway if you are trying to embarass me you are wasting your time. I don't claim to know everything, but I do know enough to know that a national instution under DOD is a waste of tax payer money. I am glad Obama trashed the space shuttle. We can use that money for social welfare services such as social security, state welfare, medicare and medicaid.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I suggest you do some real research on those you have named "Legends" and find out for yourself what they are really like, without hanging off their every word and taking everything they say for gospel.

The fact you have the nerve to label everyone who disagrees with your assessment of the situation as misinformation agents or some kind of random paid government forum jockey - tells everyone all they need to know about you.

This whole thread reminds me of a recent post about an obituary in a newspaper for "common sense"

Please return to your Pegasus dream factory.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Hey superboy / superman, screw the aliens.
What say, you and me build a spaceship and go check this big hombre out?
I know its an alien spaceship btw.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

so will there be loads of images of planets
with that artifact if so where are they?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just a couple examples I found. If you search for planet transits in the heliospheric images and then look at the JPGs from NRL you'll get the same result again and again. The artifact appears wherever the planet had previously been in the image.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You know how much I respect you and your wisdom so don't take this as an insult.

Encyclopedic knowledge and fast Google reflexes are not wisdom.
edit on 11-12-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I believe it to be the Death Star from an alternate state of universe cause from time reversal

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jejovuh

Or, maybe it was a solar flare

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If the object is just a software glitch showing were Mercury was in the days before, why is the object not spherical like Mercury? It´s a completely different shape, and why does it only appear when it is hit by the CME?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Scientists have actually came out and said that it is just the ghost image of where mercury was the day before.

Nothing more nothing less.

Cant remember where I read that though, so no link, sorry.

edit on 11-12-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry Phage, But I find the NASA explanation, "It's where Mercury was yesterday." to be bullsnip. If they are going to lie, they might want to come up with something better.,

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why do you think that?

2nd

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join