It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You can clearly see the coronal mass cascading around the object (like water in a stream would cascade around a rock).....if this was only an "artifact" from a poor graphics designer (who somehow got a job with the government despite the fact that he can't even control the brightness of a pixel) then how is it that the coronal mass ejection cascades around something that is not even there? Even if they say that it is the artifactual remains of just a part of the planet. Then the curvature of the cascade would follow the whole curvature of the planet not just a small piece of the "visual artifact" that was left behind or a graphics glitch that doesn't even exist.
On top of all that if you watch the video frame by frame, there is no anomolistic break in the clouds of plasma that goes by as the "artifact" is left behind. Why would the planet leave an "artifact" time delayed ghost image behind from the previous day, yet the same clouds of plasma continue as if nothing. There would be aa break in the clouds if there were a time delay.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

all I see is words from the government who has always lied to us in the past and words from the people who believe in something different. Most anyone who was a great inventor or scientist was first ridiculed by people like you, and then it bacame truth.Most people just decide to refrain from thinking for themselves though, to abstain from the hassle of ridicule, thus, most of the world let's the government do their thinking FOR them, as they are scared to think outside the box for themselves. The only reason why you believe the words of the government over the words of anyone else is because their parents were wealthy and had the money to start them in the right direction towards a masters degree, or were noticed by the government and funded to research, accepted into the Freemasons or some other esoteric secret society (to which none of us are invited) and paid to keep their mouth shut under the penalty of death and the reward of millions of dollars, let's not forget the fact that most of these scientists have families to support as well...hence, they tell lies unless the government can't benefit from it. Even then they tell lies even when the truth is better, simply because they are so adept at it, after years and years of doing it. That certainly does not invalidate the intelligence of others. Let me run this by you.....if this is indeed a graphics issue, like th gov't is saying, in all their infinite wisdom, then why does the coronal mass ejection react to it when it hits it? How can plasma from the sun react to a graphics glitch of pixel altering when the pixelization is done in a lab here on earth? Furthermore, even if the "artifact" was merely a part of a visual of Mercury on the previous day.......then why does the coronal mass ejection only follow the path AROUND THE ARTIFACT (as it splashes upon impact) and not the whole planet of Mercury. The CME should show a cascade path that goes around the whole planet....if it was the object that got hit the day before. You see, it's the impact with this object and the flow of plasma arund the object that proves your beloved scientists wrong and rather proves thast they are nothing but liars. Not even an intelligent lie. How do you even respect them at all? My wife came up with a better explanation than they did. She said it could be a lage ateroid, which is better than their explanation, however with that much heat, that close to the sun, the rock would expand and explode. It happens here on earth when rocks are heated up. The lack of oxygen out in space would not be an issue in this case.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It was pretty much explained by e-mail from 'Karl' (Nasa) to Pauligirl in the last thread. There are also the double examples with Jupiter and Mercury both having the same 'anomaly,' at the same time in the same frame. So Phage has got it as right as it can be. However, I don't think that calling the youtube guy a clown is fair, since he just did not know what it was when he posted it, neither did anyone at ATS know correctly.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If the explanation about an artifact were true then you would see an artifact in every video, every day. But you don't. Also the artifact doesn't look anything like Mercury. Mercury is round, the artifact is not.

So far there's no acceptable explanation. Artifact or spaceship is about equally not believable. Next

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

People who tell others what to think, because they think they are correct, are deamed manipulators with an adgenda.

Why would you keep hanging around to keep saying it is a photographic anomaly? Others are here to discuss the possibilities and ideas.

YOU are trying to DISTRACT from the possible ideas by creating drama and conflict trying killing the thread. You believe your opinions and your perception of reality are THE REALITY. Your opinions are only your reality. We all can think for ourselves and make our own ideas and opinions, it is our right and our perception of reality.
People who attend higher education discover discussing all possibilities leads to the possible truth.

I am so extremely tired of the NASA and Government rant that they lie to us. Of course they lie. Let's get on with discussing Our own Ideas and not rant about all the damage control BS. The bottom line is there is a possible space ship sitting very close to Earth, and there may be others we haven't been clued in to yet.

That is a possible reality.
edit on 11-12-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It was pretty much explained by e-mail from 'Karl' (Nasa) to Pauligirl in the last thread. There are also the double examples with Jupiter and Mercury both having the same 'anomaly,' at the same time in the same frame. So Phage has got it as right as it can be. However, I don't think that calling the youtube guy a clown is fair, since he just did not know what it was when he posted it, neither did anyone at ATS know correctly.

Possibly there are two ships sitting around in our solar system. Do you have a picture of the Jupiter example?
Lets take a look. Share.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So by the same token , sometime back a russian probe photographed in infrared a cylindrical object 20 miles long
next to phobos, b4 ipresumably it was disab;led by the alien spaceship, an image processing artifact,
The image processing artifact bit, has lost its bite and wont work, with this 'Im afraid.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

If the explanation about an artifact were true then you would see an artifact in every video, every day. But you don't.

Have you looked at every video?Apparently not. It appears when ever there is a planet in the frame.

Apparently you didn't read the thread either.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

My opinion on your question would be curiosity, the fact that we want to expand like we have on earth, we are like an infestation almost. We consume and destroy everything eventually so it is inevitable that we want to move on to somewhere viable and new. It's in our nature to do these things.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
The object looks like a Dolmen, not round like Mercury. Lets assume for discussion purposes it was really an artificial object, cloaked, the size of Mercury. Does this mean the Sun is used as a Star Gate? How could an object be that close to the Sun and not be an oven? How could they cloak themselves? That transparent aluminum being hit with a laser is a possibility. It makes you wonder how long it's been there and whether of not everyone in it is dead. Why would someone be interested in Mercury? If somone is there they are hiding awfully close to Earth. Lets talk about ideas, too many individuals are name calling and persecuting ideas on this thread.
This what happens in every horror movie right before the people all die because they are in denial. Possibilities and imagination lead the world into positive directions.
edit on 11-12-2011 by frugal because: sp

Please don't take offence to this Frugal, because I don't mean any and this is just my opinion. If this is/ was a ship, maybe the heat around Mercury to them is like a warm summer day to us? Or with their tech maybe they wouldn't even notice that heat. I mean. who says life out there has to be exactly like us here on Earth?
We have to have an open mind to the possibility that life out there could be so far different from us that it may be frightning to see or that we might not even recognize as a life form. The possibilites are endless.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

The CME did not hit Mercury

I cannot see anything flowing around anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So Phage has got it as right as it can be. However, I don't think that calling the youtube guy a clown is fair, since he just did not know what it was when he posted it, neither did anyone at ATS know correctly.

Oh, He "knew" what it was all right. No doubt in his mind at all.

Huge cloaked UFO next to Mercury on SECCHI HI1-A on 12/01/11, appears when a CME hits it. Go to SECCHI and record this before it disappears.

"Obviously it's cloaked."
"That is definitely some sort of manufactured object."
"No explanation other than some sort of ship".

Did he bother to try to find any other explanation? Did he even bother to find out if the CME hit Mercury?
Clown is appropriate. Just another youtube clown.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks op, for this tid bit, I see that the usual suspects are regurgitating the same rhetorical information that the government tells them. Never f-mind that little old thing called "SCIENTIFIC METHOD-THEORY" That takes several years to fine tune; ANY theory or phenomenon to be correct

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Also, if this was posted before I'm sorry, the search engine needs to be revamped!!!!

No it doesn't its just fine One just needs to actually USE IT

Simply type in one word "Mercury" and see what you get

Dualy noted, but that's what I did and got old posts. Just contribute to this thread and stop bashing.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Name a planet that has a disk shape please.

Much appreciated!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

All the planets show a disk shape but I don't guess that's what you're talking about.

I guess that you still don't understand that the background mask is made by using all of the images from the previous day. During the day the planet moves a bit. When that motion is combined into a single image (the mask) it creates a streak.

Tell me. Do you think that there are planet-sized objects next to all the planets? Do you think that for some reason they all cloak at midnight (GMT) and decloak around noon every day?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep thats a very plausable explainable guess fella.. Its something any one of us can do GUESS..
this does not make your guesswork any righter than the next guys.. Not everone got invited into your girlie fan club
fella so apart from your fan club who else believes you..
regards
plazmuh

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WARNING: Science content ahead.

Q: What is causing the artifact near Mercury in 20111201_232901_tbh1A.png? Why is it rectangular?

A: In these HI-1 images, a daily median is used as the best near-real-time method to get CME enhancement. This results in dark spots from planets such as Mercury. When we derive the background, we do an interpolation between two daily median images. Since we make these images the day we receive them, we do not have a daily median for the next day, just the previous day. When the interpolation is done between the previous day and the current day and there is a feature like a planet, this introduces dark (negative) artifacts in the background where the planet was on the previous day, which then show up as bright areas in the enhanced image. Therefore, if (when) we re-generate these images, the bright artifact will go away because we have a daily median from the next day.

More here:

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

NO GUESSING HERE!

edit on 11/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join