It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by Phage

Name a planet that has a disk shape please.

Much appreciated!

I don't think it does any good to even respond to a skeptic that is as close minded as he is (Phage). He actually said he didn't see the plasma hit the object and then go around it. This is an "obvious" observation to anyone other than the blind.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

reply to post by Phage

Much appreciated!

I don't think it does any good to even respond to a skeptic that is as close minded as he is (Phage). He actually said he didn't see the plasma hit the object and then go around it. This is an "obvious" observation to anyone other than the blind.

No, it's not so obvious, first you need to determine if the cme was in the immediate vicinity at all, first base for a scene of crime policeman, so if it wasn't there?
edit on 11-12-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aerielbear

Since many don't seem to be able to view the animations directly from the SECCHI website I made it easier. The "UFO" appears every time a planet is in the field of view. Depending on the relative motion of the planet, it appears on either side of the planet.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That YouTube should satisfy everyone.

Thanks for the Navy link.

I'm making lots of videos.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're like a constant downer, huh..? While I do respect your reasoning and research a fair amount of the time and I will always admit when I am wrong, you are so very quick to just shut people down and jump down their throats. I strongly feel that you could have a more pleasant approach - you seem like a super grumpy person... And you're right, actually, I couldn't view the actual video as my blackberry will only let me view videos from YouTube, which is probably a large contributing factor to the crashing and burning of RIM :s ... So thanks for that video. But, STILL, I really feel that you are almost always being a huge Debbie Downer and are way too quick to jump down people's throats and to try to discourage people from thinking outside of the box. Even if the explanation is really inside the box, it is always healthy to think outside the box and explore alternative explanations because sometimes that is where the answer MAY lie, y'know? It seems like you're the kind of person that would have been right quick to scoff and shut down the people who said 'Hmmm guys, you know what? I'm pretty sure the earth isn't flat... All signs kinda point to the fact that the earth is a sphere and here is why:'... What I'm trying to say is that you have such a closed mind and that leaves absolutely no room for growth and expansion of knowledge ... And if you spread that on to other people, well then we will all suffer for it.
edit on 11/12/2011 by aerielbear because: blaaaaah

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think the people with closed minds are the ones who refuse to accept "mundane" explanations. "I think it looks like a spaceship. So, it must be a spaceship. " That is not "thinking outside the box" (how I hate that misapplied cliche). That is jumping to a conclusion without bothering to do any research whatsoever. That is cramming your thinking into a tiny, tiny "box". It is research and knowledge which gets you out of boxes.

You believe that knowledge of how the images are produced is useless. Fine. I'm sorry if I popped your bubble but bubbles are destined to pop. Tell you what. Just don't read my posts any more. Maybe your bubble will last a little longer next time. Why you would want it to I can't imagine but I suppose ignorance is bliss for some. Not me. Pardon me for trying to spread some of what I've learned.

BTW, look up at the top of the page. See what it says in the ATS logo?

edit on 12/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I looked very closely at the pixels and just for a thought. What if this is the Mariner 10 probe that was shut down and is in orbit around the sun? With the fact that it is a shinier material than that of a planet it could reflect enough light to look larger than it really is. Since it has been in orbit since 1975 it could easily be damaged and have the profile changed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Woww... Yeah, see, now you're jumping on me. I said that I RESPECT you're reasoning and how you do your research. I am most definitely NOT saying that thing was a 'spaceship'... The credibility of the 'spaceship' theory lost me at 'cloaking device' lol... #*@+ing cloaking device, yeah right. All I was trying to say is that it is usually a GOOD thing to use your imagination and just THINK about other explanations... It doesn't always have to be right and it can sound absolutely crazy... And sometimes, just sometimes, it could be the right answer! And if its not, well at least you've kept an open mind and thought about all sorts of scenarios. Its healthy for one's mental state... And yes, thanks, I do have a background in psychology, so before you jump down my throat about 'oh what are you an expert?'... Basically all I was saying is not to be a prick to other people for using their imagination and exploring things that may seem crazy because sometimes, its the crazy explanation that is the right one. Hundreds of years ago, somebody just like you would have ridiculed the hell out of someone who said that every tangible object was made out of an astronomical number of tiny llittle bits, but look, now we know all about it. You just really don't have to be so uptight and mean when people are having fun exploring life's little mysteries.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Phage

That YouTube should satisfy everyone.

Thanks for the Navy link.

I'm making lots of videos.

Satisfy every1 of what again?
I somehow get the distinct feeling that, being convinced of this ufo
and posting it as such here, is a grave danger in itself.
My feelings are seldom wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Do you not think that logo can also be applied to skeptics who refuse to see? I think that term gets a lot of abuse around here by people who THINK they have all the answers, no matter what side of the fence they are on

edit on 11-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Earthcitizen,

Do you realize that when someone stands behind information that is patently false and based on irrational and illogical leaps of thought that they are spreading disinfo right?

Since the simple truth is the image is a camera issue and you are standing on a soap box screaming out erroneous and false information you sir are the DISINFO agent in this thread.

Dilligaf

Why should anyone trust "Never A Straight Answer"? They don't admit to ufos visiting earth, they don't allow the astronauts who went to the moon to speak out in public(but the same people are quietly admitting off the record that they were never alone and that they saw huge structures on back side of the moon)?

The truth is that NASA lies A LOT about almost EVERYTHING! Many books have been written exposing them for being LIARS, the disclosure project headed by Stephen Grier has ammassed many hours of first hand testimony, John Lear a man with more credentials then everyone on ATS combined has spoken about the truth, Richard Hoageland who worked for CBS/wrote many books/worked at JPL has spoken.

I can go on and on and on. When you LOSE CREDIBILITY you should NOT EXPECT people to take you seriously afterwards. Perhaps it was a brookings institute decision to cover up the truth because people cannot handle it or perhaps evil aliens are controlling every government. I can't be sure about everything but I do know where there is smoke there is fire. And there is plenty of smoke!

Yet you and others accuse me of disinfo? I can't properly explain myself without breaking every T&C of this site but I will say some people have way more nerve then they deserve. My beef is not with the scientists who work for nasa, but with the government and nasa management. If this is not obvious then YOU are spreading DISINFO!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Nice rant. But.
SECCHI is not NASA. The images were not processed by NASA. The explanation did not come from NASA.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Are you still trying to pawn these BS artists off as credible reliable people...

Only the gullible would ever believe any thing these fools have to say..

If I am not mistaken was it not John Lear who claimed there is a soul catcher on the moon...

Richard Hoagland claimed a recent comet was in fact a spaceship...

Let us not forget Mr. Greer...a fraud and a liar...only out for the gullible's money.

If these are your sources for proof then I feel sorry for you..

edit on 12-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I think the people with closed minds are the ones who refuse to accept "mundane" explanations. "I think it looks like a spaceship. So, it must be a spaceship. " That is not "thinking outside the box" (how I hate that misapplied cliche). That is jumping to a conclusion without bothering to do any research whatsoever. That is cramming your thinking into a tiny, tiny "box". It is research and knowledge which gets you out of boxes.

You believe that knowledge of how the images are produced is useless. Fine. I'm sorry if I popped your bubble but bubbles are destined to pop. Tell you what. Just don't read my posts any more. Maybe your bubble will last a little longer next time. Why you would want it to I can't imagine but I suppose ignorance is bliss for some. Not me. Pardon me for trying to spread some of what I've learned.

edit on 12/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

the matter at hand here is truly do you believe they are out there or not... this video amongst the many others is not whether or not you feel the youtube video at hand is true or not... not at all... these videos will come and go and you can say what you choose whether it be your ill-cited remarks or your highly self-credible opinions ... whatever it may be that doesn't subtract from the fact that they are out there... amongst the millions upon millions of stars.... they are. You can fight it as much as your reality is deemed necessary... but they are there. Bottom line.

Trump all the youtubes you pleasantly feel necessary for your existence to be relevant ... but that doesn't have sh!t to do with reality.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

Please point to a post of mine...ever...which denies that "they are out there".

But sure. Let's just let anyone say anything they want about anything...and believe them. That does not make for a good world to live in.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

reply to post by Phage

Much appreciated!

Exactly! They don't even respect us enough to give us credit for what we are watching. Its almost like "throw out any trash and something will stick". It is embarrising to anyone who is not braindead. I don't even post on the alien&ufo forum anymore except as entertainment. I stopped taking the government seriously a long time ago, except for my personal safety which is not guaranteed under DHS and the "anyone is a terrorist to be killed by a drone" mentality.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
You can fight it as much as your reality is deemed necessary... but they are there. Bottom line.

There may be alien life out there somewhere...but highly doubtful they are visiting Earth...

I wish they were..life can be so boring at times...it would spice things up a bit.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Exactly! They don't even respect us enough to give us credit for what we are watching. Its almost like "throw out any trash and something will stick". .

You lose all respect when you bring those idiots up. The trash comment is exactly what they are doing...make up all the crap they want...because there are those gullible enough to believe...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Are you still trying to pawn these BS artists off as credible reliable people...

Only the gullible would ever believe any thing these fools have to say..

If I am not mistaken was it not John Lear who claimed there is a soul catcher on the moon...

Richard Hoagland claimed a recent comet was in fact a spaceship...

Let us not forget Mr. Greer...a fraud and a liar...only out for the gullible's money.

If these are your sources for proof then I feel sorry for you..

And you are calling the astronauts liars too? Or all the people who worked on covert projects and speak about it? What about stephen hawkings, the worlds most prominent astrophyscist? Or mitchu kakio? All liars???

Denial is not good "my friend". I am sure if the president gave us disclosure you would call him crazy as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

That does not make for a good world to live in.

"good world to live in" ?
have you seen the two men burned in front of the town due to stealing a sack of potatoes? "good world to live in"?

What in your mind makes a "good world to live in"? and what does that have anything to do with what man believes and what is real or not?

It is of total irrelevance to this topic ... just watch the stars and the destruction of a black hole .... a "good world to live in" has no importance whatsoever to the meaning of life and the life elsewhere subject... because there is no good or evil in the realm of life and death

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join