It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH
reply to post by Phage

Yep thats a very plausable explainable guess fella.. Its something any one of us can do GUESS..
this does not make your guesswork any righter than the next guys.. Not everone got invited into your girlie fan club
fella so apart from your fan club who else believes you..
regards
plazmuh

I'm not in anyone's fanclub but when this news broke earlier in the week I was personally impressed by the level of detail Phage contributed to that thread. Taking a rational perspective on this and attributing to a software glitch *is* the most rational explanation. Coupled with the appearance of the same technical anomaly every time there is a planet and I don't see why people give Phage such a hard time. He/She is Human and does make mistakes, I've seen a few counter claims and Phage always contributes by either doing more research or admitting that a mistake was made. I know the topic isn't about one person but in my mind Phage's voice is almost the devil's advocate approach by pointing out when something isn't what it seems.
If you were to ask me what I saw, based on the video alone I'd have still said a technical glitch, stretching to a cloaked alien ship is too far even for me, and I believe in ET's.

If you can come to the discussion with more evidence to support the video then that's fair game but let's not attack people that are spending a considerable amount of time evaluating alternative (and more likely) theories.
edit on 11-12-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
E-mail from 'Karl' Nasa, to Pauligirl ATS.

"It's a combination of an internal reflection due to the extremely bright planet, and an artifact of the data processing method we use to make the images a little "prettier" to look at. As usual with this kind of thing, if folks would go and grab the raw data files from online (which are widely and freely available), they would see something quite different. The files shown in that movie are available here: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

What many people don't realize, or keep forgetting, is that the raw data files are pretty bland and boring. We have to perform processing upon them to enhance the solar features (outflow, streamers, CMEs, etc), and we apply color, data/time, and a couple of other tweaks. Those images in particular are heavily processed so attempt to subdue the visibility of the stars to enhance the visibility of CMEs. This is a completely automated process as we do not have the time, money or inclination to vet each file individually. Therefore we use a "one-size-fits-all" methodology for all our data processing which typically works pretty well but can show odd artifacts such as this when you get, for example, a bright CME and a very bright planet coincide.

Of course some people will still not buy this explanation. But then we could fly them into space and let them see if for their own eyes and they still wouldn't believe it. I'm a scientist and astronomer; I would love to see proof of life outside of Earth and indeed I suspect it exists somewhere in the universe. And if we did see a UFO in the data, I would be the first to be singing it from the rooftops (and I promise I'd send you an email)

Now if you want to follow something really interesting, there's a Sungrazing comet that has been discovered from Earth that is due to skim the Sun's surface on Dec 15/16 of this year. It will appear in our images around the 12th, and could be quite spectacular (or could fade completely...). I set up a page about it here and will try to post updates during next week: sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../birthday_comet (You can follow @SungrazerComets on twitter too, if you use that.) This comet is likely to create something of a stir if it pans out.

Best wishes,
Karl"

Jupiter/Mars same anomaly,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

You can go to Secchi site and create your own movie.
edit on 11-12-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Any logical person would not sit around and make up wild theories in their head and then outright dismiss and refuse evidence that they are wrong. Imagination is a powerful thing and so is money. When you put Hollywood into the equation along with imagination and money you end up with some really wild, crazy, lets top the last time we ringed them for cash plots that get really really creative/bizarre.

Fiction is fiction.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Earthcitizen,

Do you realize that when someone stands behind information that is patently false and based on irrational and illogical leaps of thought that they are spreading disinfo right?

Since the simple truth is the image is a camera issue and you are standing on a soap box screaming out erroneous and false information you sir are the DISINFO agent in this thread.

Dilligaf

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by smurfy
So Phage has got it as right as it can be. However, I don't think that calling the youtube guy a clown is fair, since he just did not know what it was when he posted it, neither did anyone at ATS know correctly.

Oh, He "knew" what it was all right. No doubt in his mind at all.

["Obviously it's cloaked."
"That is definitely some sort of manufactured object."
"No explanation other than some sort of ship".

I know he said that, but at the end he admits "I don't know what that is" and also, " What do you think guys" He is toning down from both his title, and what he says at the start. Apart from that he was quite sharp in spotting the 'Anomaly' in the first place. He could have gone on to find out more about the cme though.
edit on 11-12-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance
It seems like people just want to talk about B.S. and mock anyone who doesn't fall for said B.S. They don't want people to tell them "there is no spaceship behind mercury it's just an image artifact", they wan't someone to say, "omg yes! there is a giant cloaked spaceship behind mercury! OMG! RUN!". If you don't do the later you will be considered an outcast, a disinfo agent, shill, etc..

Shill out Dude.... even CNN decided it was worthy of talking about

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

CNN also said "it would have been a better story if it were a spaceship"

So does being on CNN give validity to the notion that it is a spaceship but CNN saying it isn't a spaceship somehow is invalid evidence that is is a photographic anomaly.

That really doesn't make sense if thats what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Slow news day?

Would have taken CNN 4 - 5 minutes of research to find out what it was and do a proper report. But why ruin a good story, a commercial TV station needs to fill up that air time between the ads, ya know.

edit on 11-12-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprized if the topic of this discussion did turn out to be an e.t. ship, and NASA is trying to cover it up as they do with everything else they seem to think the public couldn't handle. Hey Phage, do you work for NASA by any chance, or perhaps an e.t., although one that's a lot smarter than your avatar? lol! I see your (unable to think for themselves) butt worshipping followers are out in full force! Had you stated that in your own opinion it is an alien craft, every darn one of them would still be in total agreement, and probably already heading for the hills!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mfc1PLAZMUH

Right On!
Line two.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
reply to post by ngchunter

People who tell others what to think, because they think they are correct, are deamed manipulators with an adgenda.

I don't just think I'm correct, I know it from actually analyzing the images myself starting with the raw original fits files. I don't care what you "deem" me to be, personal attacks are not allowed here.

Why would you keep hanging around to keep saying it is a photographic anomaly?

To deny ignorance a chance to spread.

YOU are trying to DISTRACT from the possible ideas by creating drama and conflict trying killing the thread.

I would advise you to stop with the personal attacks. I am not here to "distract" anyone, I'm here to expose the truth.

I am so extremely tired of the NASA and Government rant that they lie to us. Of course they lie. Let's get on with discussing Our own Ideas and not rant about all the damage control BS.

Excuse me, I reached this conclusion on my own days ago, before NASA said anything at all about it. NASA's explanation matches mine and Phage's because we're right and we know what we're talking about. I myself have quite a few years experience working with astronomical images and I know what causes these sorts of artifacts. I looked at the raw data and even recreated the artifact with my own software.

The bottom line is there is a possible space ship sitting very close to Earth,

If there is it has nothing to do with the STEREO images of Mercury.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
If the explanation about an artifact were true then you would see an artifact in every video, every day. But you don't. Also the artifact doesn't look anything like Mercury. Mercury is round, the artifact is not.

So far there's no acceptable explanation. Artifact or spaceship is about equally not believable. Next

Clearly, you didn't actually look:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It happens continuously whenever a bright planet like Mercury is in the field of view. It's not round because they're doing a median stack of multiple images to generate the pseudo-dark; Mercury moves in that period of time, so it forms a streak, not a circle. I saw the same effect when I processed the raw images the same way (see above).
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
And as soon as a new day starts, it suddenly vanishes until later in the day again:
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
That's because a new pseudo-dark is being generated and used on a daily basis.
edit on 11-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
nibiru the basis of all religion, all myth, all of humanity

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So...

Mercury is a spaceship?

ok, here is the issue with the current ufonauts. They will take absolutely anything and demand its smoking gun proof...even if there is a perfectly valid explanation and repeated demonstrations.

What this accomplishes is sinking down anyone curious about alien (or terrestrial) crafts of unknown origins into a pile of crazy soup.

So...if you are interested and a closet believer...take this opportunity to smash down those whom are trying to sink your ship into little more than crazy demands for delusions despite scientific evidence showing a very normal explanation.

To the people whom refuse to accept science...please go find a religion and get off the aliens forum..ktks

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

reply to post by Chance321

Oh good. The last resort.
When logic and reason prevail over "belief", cry disinfo!

Well, lets see the OP posted this thread at 12:45
You came on at 12:46. Pretty quick don't you think? Hmmm?

Yes, that was pretty quick. Hmmm.......

----------
Anyway, the ends justifies the means. Phage was right.

Also i'm having a blast making my own _javascript movies at the Navy link he gave me.

I wish we had these cool Navy sites back in the 1980's. It seems we were stuck in the dark ages
back then.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by K1771gnorance
It seems like people just want to talk about B.S. and mock anyone who doesn't fall for said B.S. They don't want people to tell them "there is no spaceship behind mercury it's just an image artifact", they wan't someone to say, "omg yes! there is a giant cloaked spaceship behind mercury! OMG! RUN!". If you don't do the later you will be considered an outcast, a disinfo agent, shill, etc..

Thanks for the CNN YouTube. I like the CNN explanation.
The software blacks out bright stars.

Okay, well who the heck is the NAVY guy operating the iMac?
Couldn't he help out the program with some editing of his own?

BTW, the whole UFO story became silly when i found out the diameter of Mercury is 3,032 miles.
That would make a Starship that would stretch from LA to New York City! That is just nuts.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

reply to post by MikhailBakunin

The imagery produced by the software is for the benefit of solar scientists, not the members of ATS or youtube kooks.

So you're absolutely sure that this is an artifact of the CME and not something explainable?

If you can prove beyond a showdow of a dought this is the case PLEASE prove it.

Much respect Phage!

Uhmm so I am pretty sure that you mean 'shadow of a doubt' .... Just sayin'. Also, why do you have to try to belittle people? Correct me if I am wrong here, but I thought that ATS was for people to learn things and have healthy and productive debates about things that don't always have a simple answer; not to make fun of people... And why are you sucking up to Phage so hard? You guys both need to be a lot nicer and maybe respect the fact that people have their own opinions and if you're sure 'beyond a shadow of a doubt' that you have the answer to the topic at hand, then you couid voice that in a respectful way and maybe not try to make people look/feel stupid? Maybe?

I've seen a lot of image artifacts before from computer generated/replicated images such as this and they look nothing like this... And if there really were something there, of course they would try to say that no, there isn't anything there; just like all of the government and certain organizational cover-ups in the past.
edit on 11/12/2011 by aerielbear because: ugh... autocorrect...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
If the explanation about an artifact were true then you would see an artifact in every video, every day. But you don't. Also the artifact doesn't look anything like Mercury. Mercury is round, the artifact is not.

So far there's no acceptable explanation. Artifact or spaceship is about equally not believable. Next

This was posted already in a link had you looked, this is the artifact twice over in one frame, one for each bright planet,

would you like mayo and pickles with that.
edit on 11-12-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join