It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com

Theorists have seized on the images captured from the "coronal mass ejection" (CME) last week as suggestive of alien life hanging out in our own cosmic backyard. Specifically, the solar flare washing over Mercury appears to hit another object of comparable size. "It's cylindrical on either side and has a shape in the middle. It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously, it's cloaked," YouTube-user siniXster said in his video commentary on the footage, which has generated hundreds of thousands of views this week. Now, how this user was able to determine that the object was "
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
WOW....maybe this is just something explainable but WHAT if it's really something that can't be. I am excited about this as many on ATS will completely debunked this as something explainable. MY hopes are that this is something extrodinary and maybe even the mysterious NIburu or an alien ship. Now I know that this is stupid in thinking this but what if......

news.yahoo.com

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's explainable. It's explained in the article you linked and it's explained here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Im am sure the ATS experts will be here soon to
correct this problem of "what is it"

But thanks for posting it.. I await the skepticism
ah.. there you have it.. thanks Phage

edit on 10-12-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

news.yahoo.com

Theorists have seized on the images captured from the "coronal mass ejection" (CME) last week as suggestive of alien life hanging out in our own cosmic backyard. Specifically, the solar flare washing over Mercury appears to hit another object of comparable size. "It's cylindrical on either side and has a shape in the middle. It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously, it's cloaked," YouTube-user siniXster said in his video commentary on the footage, which has generated hundreds of thousands of views this week. Now, how this user was able to determine that the object was "

Yes, this is being explained on other threads.

Great link to Yahoo. You forgot to post the YouTube on your post.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This "broke" several days ago actually.
And several times since then.....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Phage - just to let you know if you read this article, it says it's Mercury, but it also says there is a disk shaped object unrelated to Mercury.

So please explain that.

Also, if this was posted before I'm sorry, the search engine needs to be revamped!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I don't see anything in the article about a disc shaped object unrelated to Mercury

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
as Phage has stated... this has already been explained a-many... for instance from the thread Phage posted the explanation our fellow mate FonsoHarman explains, "I call wormhole! It seems like there would be better places to park your spacecraft..."

Thank you Fonso for your explanation... for a second I thought it was something unbelievable and unexpected.

But yes... please post threads that have not already been figured out, please.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Someone...please...tell me...why are we so fascinated with 'space' , when Earth is in the shape it's in? With all the problems, we have, right here....don't you think we should be focusing our attention....right here? Who cares about some alien spaceship? What IS the fascination? There are waaaaaaaay too many problems, that we need to deal with....so, can we PLEASE deal with them; then, worry about 'space and aliens'?

I'll believe in 'Aliens'.....when i see one. Til then, they're like Santa Clause, and the Easter Bunny. I can't believe, people actually BELIEVE aliens exist. hahahahahah That's funny. Y'all watch too much X-files. Turn off the t.v. and do something for the 'space' you live around.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I don't see anything in the article about a disc shaped object unrelated to Mercury

You know how much I respect you and your wisdom so don't take this as an insult.

Specifically, the solar flare washing over Mercury appears to hit another object of comparable size. "It's cylindrical on either side and has a shape in the middle. It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously, it's cloaked,"

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Allready posted

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That's what the youtube clown says about the image artifact, which is where Mercury was the day before.

If you really want to learn something about it look at the other thread. This happens whenever there is a planet in the image.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thanks phage.
Neat video, but I'm always very weary about it when some youtube rocket scientist declares that something is "obviously" an alien space ship, a rogue planet, or some other object that requires a massive leap of faith and a really unscientific mind to get to.
Not saying there are no spceships out there.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That's what the youtube clown says about the image artifact, which is where Mercury was the day before.

If you really want to learn something about it look at the other thread. This happens whenever there is a planet in the image.

Please cite your information for future reference. Anyone can state something but not anyone has backing formal citations of their claims. But yes, as you stated before it has already been explained in the other thread... specifically by FonsoHarman... it is truly a wormhole, using your methods of explaining as well, truly magnificent.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Your source article is a blog.

Their source is a portly gentleman on Youtube.

I remember this exact video being on this site not too long ago, and the consensus was that it isn't anything abnormal.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Its theorized by those two sources. It is NOT explained. That is not what it is either.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Allready posted

True but this is a little more indept....sorry.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Your source article is a blog.

Their source is a portly gentleman on Youtube.

I remember this exact video being on this site not too long ago, and the consensus was that it isn't anything abnormal.

CNN picked this us as well, so I dought any nerd behind a computer can generate CNN warranting this is their article....come on now.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No.
It's not "theorized". It is explained by the people who created and use the software which processes the images.

It happens every time there is a planet in the image. It only appears in the "tbh" images which use that particular type of processing. It is a processing artifact.
edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join