It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Someone...please...tell me...why are we so fascinated with 'space' , when Earth is in the shape it's in? With all the problems, we have, right here....don't you think we should be focusing our attention....right here? Who cares about some alien spaceship? What IS the fascination? There are waaaaaaaay too many problems, that we need to deal with....so, can we PLEASE deal with them; then, worry about 'space and aliens'?

I'll believe in 'Aliens'.....when i see one. Til then, they're like Santa Clause, and the Easter Bunny. I can't believe, people actually BELIEVE aliens exist. hahahahahah That's funny. Y'all watch too much X-files. Turn off the t.v. and do something for the 'space' you live around.

Who cares about some alien spaceship?

Oh, okay. If it's real then the advanced technology being used could abolish poverty here on Earth.

But who cares about that?

Unemployment reduced to less than 1%? Who cares? Big deal.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

This story is about a week old.
How old can a story be and still be considered "Breaking News"??

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Unity_99

No.
It's not "theorized". It is explained by the people who created and use the software which processes the images.

It happens every time there is a planet in the image. It only appears in the "tbh" images which use that particular type of processing. It is a processing artifact.
edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

so you're saying "people who created and use the software" somehow "knock the CME in half"? as stated by Eurisko here,

"The HUGE object in front could be knocking the CME in half."

So you're saying we're that advanced technologically?

Please be more elaborate in the future, Phage. I might have bought tons of scam products off of infomercials but I'm not buying this. No computer software can do such a feat.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by chrismicha77

This story is about a week old.
How old can a story be and still be considered "Breaking News"??

It was news to me, since I've been gone for the past week. My apologies!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

No.
It's not "theorized". It is explained by the people who created and use the software which processes the images.

It happens every time there is a planet in the image. It only appears in the "tbh" images which use that particular type of processing. It is a processing artifact.

so you're saying "people who created and use the software" somehow "knock the CME in half"? as stated by Eurisko here,

Please be more elaborate in the future, Phage. I might have bought tons of scam products off of infomercials but I'm not buying this. No computer software can do such a feat.

No, that's not Phage.
That was my theory.

BTW, no computer software that you are aware of.

Do you know everything?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

No problem. You contributed the Yahoo link.

I first heard about it on Fox News then i did the Google search.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I thought Nassau debunked this?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Allready posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

No.

No, that's not Phage.
That was my theory.

BTW, no computer software that you are aware of.

Do you know everything?

correct, but you brought it to everyone's attention that the video clearly shows the cme "knocked in half" which doesn't need to be quoted by you, was just referencing the source the point you made.

And yet as if he doesn't see you, Phage claims it's imaging software creating this effect, essentially a software effect through the image processing. Well.... if it's just some software effect and not truly happening... why does the CME heed to this object as if it's REALLY there?

You my friend, have completely thrown Phage's ill-cited theory to the skunked theories graveyard, in my personal opinion. It is why he doesn't acknowledge it. Good play, dear boy, good play.

"BTW, no computer software that you are aware of.
"

IE - computer imaging software like photoshop... was being condescending there. tbh
edit on 10-12-2011 by MikhailBakunin because: fixing a twirk

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As many others have stated, this was talked about/semi-explained/somewhat-theorized in another thread. It is nice to see some other sources talking about this though

However, if you do go read through the thread, don't stop at Phage saying it's due solely to background subtraction (I believe this is on page 3 or 4 of the thread). Apparently he likes to mislead people and use sources that have very little to do with the topic at hand (in this case, a flare—not a dark hole—next to Mercury). He did provide a nice starting point for doing your own research, but failed to provide any useful or valuable research/sources. If you're going to look into this more, don't just Google what you think your answer is (like Phage did).

Phage for president 2012

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

The CME does not "heed" anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by duhdiggitydan
As many others have stated, this was talked about/semi-explained/somewhat-theorized in another thread. It is nice to see some other sources talking about this though

However, if you do go read through the thread, don't stop at Phage saying it's due solely to background subtraction (I believe this is on page 3 or 4 of the thread). Apparently he likes to mislead people and use sources that have very little to do with the topic at hand (in this case, a flare—not a dark hole—next to Mercury).

From the article in the OP.

To make the relatively faint glow of a coronal mass ejection stand out against the bright glare of space—caused by interplanetary dust and the stellar/galactic background—the NRL scientists must remove as much background light as possible. They explained that they determine what light is background light, and thus can be subtracted out, by calculating the average amount of light that entered each camera pixel on the day of the CME event and on the previous day. Light appearing in the pixels on both days is considered to be background light and is removed from the footage of the CME. The remaining light is then enhanced.
news.yahoo.com...
I guess the guys at SECCHI just saw my post and repeated it.

link   
Lets break it down like this:

The software detected Mercury yesterday in the same spot as the supposed "UFO". The software is also designed to edit the lights of stars out of the picture which it does by analyzing consecutive day to day images and deleting any spots that appear in the same area of the photographs.

With me so far?

Mercury tends to move a lot slower in the image frames than the stars behind it. So when Mercury was in two different spots in two different days the computer software tried to delete the overlapping parts of Mercury and what was left of the original Mercury image is the "image artifact" mistakenly described as a space ship.

With me so far?

The CME image in which we see the plasma "flowing" is a computerized representation of the data collected by the instruments photographing this event. The computer when animating the flow of the plasma encountered the image artifact and since the software thought the image artifact was a part of Mercury it showed the plasma flowing "around" the image artifact.

With me so far?

The plasma in space did not actually hit an object. The imagery we see is a result of a processing error in the software that renders the images.

Therefore:

No actual ship is present. This is an image artifact. Image artifacts are constantly being called Nibiru/Planet X/Wormwood/Muhammed/Jesus/Aliens/Bette Middler on ATS so it really is no surprise that this particular artifact has been erroneously labeled a spaceship.

Its really very elementary.

link   

The CME does not "heed" anything.
I watched it again... maybe eurisko should "heed" more to the video hahahahahaha

Touche, Phage.... touche

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
Lets break it down like this:

The software detected Mercury yesterday in the same spot as the supposed "UFO". The software is also designed to edit the lights of stars out of the picture which it does by analyzing consecutive day to day images and deleting any spots that appear in the same area of the photographs.

perhaps they should check their software updates for a version that doesn't create "artifacts" to keep us doom and gloomers from wiggin' out on ATS.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm, I seem to remember you talking about background subtraction not background light (which is what the article is talking about). Perhaps I'm incorrect in my understanding that background subtraction and background light are different subjects. Only here to learn

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The imagery produced by the software is for the benefit of solar scientists, not the members of ATS or youtube kooks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The imagery produced by the software is for the benefit of solar scientists, not the members of ATS or youtube kooks.

So you're absolutely sure that this is an artifact of the CME and not something explainable?

If you can prove beyond a showdow of a dought this is the case PLEASE prove it.

Much respect Phage!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

No.
It is not an artifact of the CME. It has nothing to do with the CME. If you review the posts in the original thread you will see examples of it occurring when there is no CME. It occurs whenever there is a planet in the field of view.
Look! It happened again! No CME!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Phage can't you see ATS is hurting right now ? You didn't even let this one get off the ground before you shot it
down partner. I have great respect for your expertise but your timing is none existent these days. Can you ease up on that hair trigger just a bit and maybe let a page go by at least. Sheesh mon. Just kidding you do as thou wilt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join