It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mysterious planet-sized object spotted near Mercury

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yes, denying ignorance means learning how things work.

Learning the reasons that things we "believe" may be wrong. Learning that a kook on youtube did not discover anything in particular. It means applying logic and reason. In this case, realizing that something that appears repeatedly is not unusual and is explanable when the processes used are understood.

Deny ignorance. Learn.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Pretty quick to recognize a duplicate thread?
Since I was online at the time and had been studying the "object" for a few days? No, not particularly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Phage

Supposedly we are to deny ignorance, right?

Yes we are, and as Phage and others have clearly shown, this is an image processing artifact. It's not there in the raw original files, it only appears as a result of the pseudo-dark process used to make the jpg processed versions of the images. I showed this clearly by repeating it myself using similar processing technique.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Well, lets see the OP posted this thread at 12:45
You came on at 12:46. Pretty quick don't you think? Hmmm?

And so what?
Personally I find it suspicious that you think that timing is suspicious - just because you are slow doesn't mean everyone else is!

And of course the work had already been done to show what this is - a simple matter to recognise the situation and post a link to what actually happened.

Oh...yeah...sorry....forgot that facts aren't actually wanted here!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

No - disinfo agents is a good term for people who put forth information that is patently not true, and then swear black and blue that it is, refuse to countenance any information that contradicts it, and keep repeating the falsehoods time after time without any apology for misleading people.

It's not at all a good term for people who do, actually, deny ignorance.

How do we know what Phage says is true? People seem to have this knee jerk reaction that is Phage says it, then it must be true. I 'd rather think for myself. Do I believe about the object near Mercury? I seen some place that the object is just a mirror image of Mercury, it may well be. Could it be a ship? It would be nice, proof finally, but I seriously doubt the governments would let that slip out.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I seen some place that the object is just a mirror image of Mercury, it may well be.

No, it is not. It is a negative "shadow" of where Mercury was the day before.

It is apparent that you have not taken the time to understand the explanation. It isn't simple, it takes some thought. This is often the case when learning. But it is always worth the effort.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A better analogy would be for every believer there are at least 20 disbelievers, and that is putting it mild!

I'm not sure about your percentages but rather than "disbelievers" a better term would be critical thinkers. With the emphasis on the second word.

Or Dis-info agents would be another good term.
Second line.

The sad part is that the site was best when it first started and every year that goes by we see more and more and more disinfo. Lots of knowledgeable people with insider information posted here but they got frustrated to hell and either quit or went missing. .

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No - disinfo agents is a good term for people who put forth information that is patently not true, and then swear black and blue that it is, refuse to countenance any information that contradicts it, and keep repeating the falsehoods time after time without any apology for misleading people.

How do we know what Phage says is true? People seem to have this knee jerk reaction that is Phage says it, then it must be true. I 'd rather think for myself.

Then learn real astronomy and astrophotography and go process the raw images for yourself in the way described by the NRL guys to see if it really is an image processing artifact. I did. It was. Phage was telling the truth. Do not make accusations about other members being disinfo agents unless you can actually prove it, otherwise you're violating the T&C's.
edit on 10-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Is there ANY conspiracy you believe in?

Absolutely.

Serous question "friend"! I see you in every single thread and you always support the status quo.

I always argue in favour of facts.

Don't get me wrong there are times where I dsagree with conspirators, but it is a minority occurance rather than the great majority as with you.

Clearly we have a difference in levels of credulity.

What is your motivation for being here
Do you feel incredibly bored or what?

Blame chemtrails for getting me here, and my perceptions of the mass stupidity on here for spreading me around.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

How do we know what Phage says is true? People seem to have this knee jerk reaction that is Phage says it, then it must be true.

I didn't mention Phage, and while you may have thought the term refers to him I think it th general definition is much more accurate.

I 'd rather think for myself.

Presumably you take input of information from various sources - do you find some more credible than others? Can you check them against independent sources for verification - or do they all seem to originate from a single point? Can you perform the same tests yourself and get the same results? Does the "trail of evidence" exist?

Do I believe about the object near Mercury? I seen some place that the object is just a mirror image of Mercury, it may well be. Could it be a ship? It would be nice, proof finally, but I seriously doubt the governments would let that slip out.

And there you have straight away told me that you take it as read that governments hide evidence of alien intelligence - so your ability to rationally assess this information is compromised.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Oh the tough man stance. Let me guess which one can it possibly be:

James Oberg, Phil Platt, Doctor Hynek, Stanton Freidman...

Or maybe the government is hiring amateurs out of high school since students need money to pay their college tution and will do ANYTHING for a buck. Yeah that could be it!

Is it a coincidence Richard Hoageland and John Lear make them ALL look like fools? Nope....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ngchunter

Oh the tough man stance. Let me guess which one can it possibly be:

James Oberg, Phil Platt, Doctor Hynek, Stanton Freidman...

None of the above. I'm just an amateur astronomer, a regular guy. I would imagine phage is also a regular guy like me who happens to know a thing or two about astronomy and astronomical images.

Or maybe the government is hiring amateurs out of high school since students need money to pay their college tution and will do ANYTHING for a buck. Yeah that could be it!

Is it a coincidence Richard Hoageland and John Lear make them ALL look like fools? Nope....

Funny, I made Hoagland look like a fool when I showed that asteroid 2005 YU55 passed by the earth and moon exactly as JPL predicted despite his claim that it would either hit the moon or miss at a distance much closer than what JPL was predicting.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Unless you can prove that I'm being paid to lie I would suggest you stop making such insinuations. Character attacks of this nature are not permitted on ATS and do not serve to deny ignorance. If you have proof I'm posting dishonestly then report me to the mods using the alert button as that too would be against the rules.
edit on 10-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

If you had any credibility before you just lost it all when you mentioned those two idiots..

John Lear..one of the biggest BS'ers there is...and Richard Hoagland...who has been wrong pretty much every time not too mention how full of (censored) he is...

So tell me how do these two fools make anyone look like even bigger fools..

edit on 10-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yeah, Hoagland sure showed everyone with his "Elenin is a tetrahedron shaped space ship" story!

Of course, he isn't disinfo, is he?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well if you think something doesn't belong, then alert he mods and let them take action.

Other than that - the sig stays, because IMO it reflects a very real and pernicious situation that is patently evident on ATS.

Whenever someone tells me I don't belong on here because I'm a disinfo agent, etc., I take it as proof positive that I am helping to deny ignorance - because it is only ignorance that can't exist in the face of factual information.

So thanks for the support!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Why would a news story ever quote a youtube comment? That is absurd.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

If you had any credibility before you just lost it all when you mentioned those two idiots..

John Lear..one of the biggest BS'ers there is...and Richard Hoagland...who has been wrong pretty much every time not too mention how full of (censored) he is...

So tell me how do these two fools make anyone look like even bigger fools..

edit on 10-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

You probably have no idea of the people you are talking about. Richard Hoageland has worked for nasa, then for cbs as astronomy corespondant and then wrote 5-6 books.

As for John Lear the man is a living legend. AFA graduate, holds every single FAA certificate, son and founder of Lear Jet, worked for the cia, etc. Then he went into gold mining and was a registered member here for a few years till he quit....cause he could not take the constant disinfo and abuse.

Not to mention just about everyone from Pegasus Research Consortium stopped posting here as well. Give it a rest! I won't even talk about bob lazar, phil schnider, michael barra, thomas castello, our ex-administrator that came down with cancer and died after revealing the dulce and montauk facilities, paul benewitz, etc.

I can understand someone being ignorant from lack of access to knowledge but when you start to make fun of LEGENDS then you show your true colors and they ain't pretty!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join