It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I should add that in a previous lifetime I worked in Loveland, Oh, a suburb of Cincinatti. I worked next door to a GE plant that built jet engines. These engines were placed on a mount outside, and they would open them wide up and test them. This does sound like that, and would explain why you would not see anything in the air. Combine this with the above theory of having the wind "move" sounds around, and there's the possibility that a jet engine could be tested miles away, and you're hearing and feeling the effects at your location.
I want this to be mysterious, but my objectivity says that there are a lot of possible explanations that would have to be eliminated before I would consider a more exotic cause.
Good luck!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

if you go to search and type, weird noise or loud sound and read a few this sound is happening across the globe

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
[/url]reply to post by lbndhr

Thank you. I'm open to the possibility of it not being "normal", for sure. I just prefer objective proof. In my first post on this thread I did say a scientific comparison of recordings would help a lot. I'd like to see people from all over the globe record the sounds, then a comparison could be made.
Here are examples of other threads

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: added links

edit on 20-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Sly1one

You asked if someone had heard something similar somewhere else?

So if you already knew they had, why ask?

I'm not trying to be a dick I'm merely pointing out that this is a global phenomenon and many people have heard similar things, all I did was provide you links where people discuss hearing similar things, but if you already knew that.... then why ask?

I'm confused?

By "not trying to be a dick" you're, "being a dick". Stop posting useless # on people's threads. He made a post, wanted people to see it and not get lost in the countless other threads. Which is great because lets be honest, most of us wouldn't have seen this video if he put it on page 21 of one of those threads.

So thanks OP. No idea what it is, but thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Have you considered they are testing a static jet engine? These sounds carry for miles.
I lived near Oxnard, California and worked in Semi Valley and people told me they tested the Saturn V and later the Shuttle engines in a valley miles North of Semi Valley (not all that far from Charles Manson's 'ranch'. They said when they were running tests there was a rumbling that you couldn't tell where it was coming from.
When we ran up the 8 engines in our B52 when I was in the USAF it could be heard for miles!
Just another possible explanation.
edit on 20-10-2011 by wulff because: added text

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds like a jet, either flying above (military) or being tested on the ground.
AnP Mechanics sometimes test the engines at full throttle while still on ground. Ive heard it from a distance and it sounds exactly the same as that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The problem with that "testing on the ground theory", is that someone pointed out the jet in the video that the photographer didn't notice flying way above. 108-109 is where you see the jet overhead.

If it looks like a jet, and it sounds like a jet, it must be a jet!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Starred and flagged, this is a pretty good capture of something odd. As i watched the video, I could see the conditions were still, as all the brush nearby was still, and the distant trees are also standing still, so it's definitely not the wind. The fact that it goes on, nonstop, at a volume signifigant enough to be recorded, crescendos included, for over an hour tells me it's definitely not a jet, at least a normal one. Any jet, super sonic, hypersonic, or what not, would have long traveled beyond the range of hearing within 2-5 minutes or so, depending. The sky looks clear in all directions, and I've never heard of a roll of thunder that lasted over an hour anyway. It's definitely not the sounds of a helicopter.

From what little I can see, the distant mountains look clear of snow, given the season, I don't think it was an avalanche, either. Obviously, you have been aware if it was an earthquake and would have mentioned it, not to mention everything is standing quite still in the video. Definitely not land vehicle sounds.

So I've run out of "normal" explainations, and must say this is pretty damned weird. it seems other people nearby have heard this sound as well. Given that Colorado tends to be a hotbed of the secret and strange (Denver International Airport, Cheyenne Mountain, secret bases, plus the place where the first modern report of cattle/livestock mutilation came from, amongst other things) I'd say there's probably a number of possibilities. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As a resident and native of Colorado Springs, unusual noises and loud, window rumbling booms, are part of life here. Because, in my opinion, of the airport, NORAD, the army base, the air force base, and the air force academy. Awesome that you were able to record the noise.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That's exactly the sound I heard the morning before Irene blew through the metro DC area.
I understand so many individuals questioning whether or not there's some type of testing facility/plant/military facility/road work, etc but as this, or something similar, is being heard worldwide wouldn't that be one heck of a coincidence? Just saying.....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

The problem with that "testing on the ground theory", is that someone pointed out the jet in the video that the photographer didn't notice flying way above. 108-109 is where you see the jet overhead.

If it looks like a jet, and it sounds like a jet, it must be a jet!

For an hour? I'm totaly open to a jet or "jets" being the culprit and hell it makes sense but I can tell you that the "jet" you saw above me in the video at 1:08 from my perspective of actually being there to record it, the Jet above (that I honestly don't remember seeing or being there) wasn't what would have caused what I heard for roughly an hour. What I heard was pretty stationary and loud. It was up in the sky but it didn't seem "direcly up" otherwise I would have pointed the camera directly up. It was off toward the northwest toward DoD land and Co springs. How far? I can't say with any accuracy but It wasn't coming down ontop of me it was coming somewhat down and toward the camera.

I'm not saying wasn't a jet or jets that I couldn't see off in the direction I pointed the camera but I don't feel like what I heard came from the jet/object you pointed out in the video.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I almost bet that if this isn't what it is then it's those parking decks that they pull jet air liners down into that braces they jet liners so that they can test the jet throttle calibrations on engines for minor repair. A G.E. motor that was under half throttle would make a noise like that. I have seen this done at airports and its really FN loud and annoying

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm still waiting some analysis. You know, something like filtering background from phone calls to find those who were kidnapped. However those who have equipment are more likely behind it so...

Originally posted by summer5

I also have a very low humming noise that I can hear as well as feel (different from this sound)...I have yet to hear that on any audio/video of the strange sounds. I honestly think it is so low of a sound it would be almost impossible to record it. ....

Hi, I think that if you can hear it than it's somewhere above 20 Hz in audible range so it is not a big deal to record and reproduce it. When you then turn up volume on some subwoofer, you'll be able to hear it even better so even if you can't hear the sound but you feel there is something in the air, you can use this method. Lower unaudible frequencies will be visible as vibrating speakers and measurable by some software. Free stuff like audacity can show you at least if there is any undulation.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
By "not trying to be a dick" you're, "being a dick". Stop posting useless # on people's threads. He made a post, wanted people to see it and not get lost in the countless other threads. Which is great because lets be honest, most of us wouldn't have seen this video if he put it on page 21 of one of those threads.

Well the OP could have just said that.... right?

Why say "anyone heard anything similar" when he already knows they have?

It's dishonest and pointless.

All I was pointing out was his dishonesty, I'm not disagreeing that he should have made a thread... just be honest and say that you're aware of the phenomenon but wanted opinions on your own.

Simple really isn't it?

I was just confused about his dishonesty, that's all.

edit on 20/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yea, they may have been doing any number of complicated maneuvers, including testing out our new fighter jet, the f-22 raptor. If you had a toy like that, wouldn't an hour seem short to you?

Jets can be deceptive. If you've never stared up at the sky wondering where the jet is before, then you're probably new to living near military installations. I've had the same experience several times, it was always a jet, and the sound was always deceptive in origin.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sorry, what exactly are you trying to prove with these comments? Failed to find any substance in any of your posts in this thread. Plus the fact you're now calling the OP dishonest. Any chance you can take your non productivity elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Perhaps he put Colorado in ALL CAPS and may have meant to say "anyone in Colorado heard anything similar?" Just a thought.

On topic: I think it's just a high-altitude jet, or one on the ground nearby. We hear this near the Loveland / Fort Collins airport around the outlet mall there. It doesn't happen often, but when they're working on the Aliegent (sp?) jets, you can hear it. And, if it happens to be military, it's going to be much louder. When I was in my "C" school, we'd be in the big ugly blue building at the ASW base, and the A6 jets over across the bay at North Island would get REAL loud inside that building, and we were a hell of a way away.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Just search "Strange noise" or "Weird noise/sound" or "rumbling sound/noise" in the search feature, there are pages and pages.

Yes thank you. I did search and I found some similarities on other threads but I didn't want to drown this recent incident in the cobwebs of older incidents at the backend of countless pages where it would get significantly less attention. I wanted to post a new thread for this specific new incident for everyone to see/hear/discuss.

Thanks for your concern though I will probably add this video to thoses posts as well for those who frequent those posts for updates.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't ribbing you about duplicate threads, he was showing that you're not the only one to hear this strange noise. The whole world is hearing it, wtf is it?

eta: Nice recording btw, it is exactly the same noise I have heard on other recordings but a lot clearer. Flags and stars man.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Well the OP could have just said that.... right?

It's dishonest and pointless.

All I was pointing out was his dishonesty, I'm not disagreeing that he should have made a thread... just be honest and say that you're aware of the phenomenon but wanted opinions on your own.

Simple really isn't it?

I was just confused about his dishonesty, that's all.

I wasn't being dishonest...I smiply wasn't clear enough in my intentions apparently...

Sorry you took it as dishonesty, I am not a dishonest person.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All these noises seem to be corresponding when the sun became active.. On a long stretch I'm wondering if the noise has anything to do with the solar flares and a perhaps vibration being heard from with it's interaction on our planet.. like the magnetic sphere? Just a random thought..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join