posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
Thanks OP for this post.
In a previous thread here on ATS a few months back, I noted that both my wife and I experienced the same rumbling sound.
What is important here is that the replies keep coming in, from all over the nation, and ultimately, I hope the conversation continues because I keep
finding more and more clues!
In this case, another poster mentioned Hydraulic Fracking. That is the first time someone has mentioned it, and one of the first clues of commonality
that I have with this sound that we heard here this past summer.
We are in Western PA, and there is a huge explosion of gas well drilling going on here during the past several years. So for once, we have something
in common here, that you, OP, have there -- Gas Drilling/Fracking.
Here are the facts of my account, for collection purposes:
1. The sound we heard is identical to what you posted. It occurred one night this summer, between 9 and 11PM EST.
2. We are about 17 Air miles from Pittsburgh International Airport, but, I have lived here my entire 45 years of life, and have NEVER heard anything
like this. We get air traffic, both incoming and outgoing all the time...but in this case, nothing, nada -- in fact, MOST of the traffic at PIT stops
after 9PM as 90% of the flights are in or out already for the day.
3. We have gas well drilling going on here, however, the closest well is about 7 air miles away.
4. The weather that night was clear. No clouds. Someone suggested that the sound could be bouncing off low cloud cover from a distance, but no, it
was clear as clear can be that night, and in your video as well.
5. Yes, there is road construction going on here, about 2 miles from my house on I-79. But, this sound was not from that direction. And, PENNDOT was
not doing anything that night at that time, except for moving cones and reflowing traffic, not paving or digging or anything construction related.
6. You described, UP not DOWN. I can concur with that. It sounds like a plane is just hovering over the house, or in the not to distant horizon.
7. Sound lasted for at least an hour. Seems to be a commonality amongst other posters.
8. Sounds reported are mostly at night, with the exception of your case.
I encourage anyone to add to this list so that we can at least put together some commonalities regarding the phenomenon.
Good post, OP. S&F