It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was woke up this morning by what I thought was a really low flying Jet. (live somewhat near and airport).

After I woke up I initially went through my morning normally, starting the coffee ect when I noticed the sound wasn't dissipating. So I went outside to see what was up and noticed no low flying jets and the sky was clear no clouds at all.

As I listened for about 10 more minutes it wasn't dissipating at all and actually at times got louder. It sounded like a really low flying (slow jet) rumble mixed with some tubular whistling...for lack of a better description. After I realized this wasn't normal I went and got the camera and set it outside to record the sound. (Pointed it in the direction the sound appeared to be coming from). Pikes Peak/Colorado Springs area. However those locations are 35-60 miles away from where I was.

anyway It went on for about an hour. I only recorded about 4 mins worth of it as my camera's mem-card was almost full.

Maybe someone here will have heard something similar somewhere else and know what it was. It was definitely out of the ordinary and I couldn't figure out what it was. I'm a Colorado native and have lived near an airport for nearly 10 years so I can differentiate between low-jet and what I heard there is no misidentification going on here in terms of air-traffic. It did sound somewhat similar but the more I listened to the sound the more it didn’t sound like any jet I had ever heard.

Edit to add: I recomend listening with headphones on.

Here is the video:

edit on 19-10-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

People have been hearing these noises all over the world, there are dozens of threads on the subject.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OMFG This is the sound I hear here!!! Thanks OP! Stars and Flags! I never could get a good recording of it so I thought I never could. Once again thanks. Yeah it's weird you think it would be a huge aircraft or something but the thing is there is none!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just search "Strange noise" or "Weird noise/sound" or "rumbling sound/noise" in the search feature, there are pages and pages.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I was already in work and I didn't hear it. Shame, I was hoping to hear this noise for myself. The recording will never do it justice. S&F for you sir

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Are they doing fracing in the area? If so, there are seismic trucks that vibrate the ground in search of more natural gas. They make quite a bit of noise and vibrate the surrounding area.

Here is a pic of a large one, smaller ones also work in tandem. They are usually white in color.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Hmm, it does sound like a jet but then it goes away and comes back? you didn't see any planes/jets in the sky at all? It was really loud.
I too heard something yesterday that lasted for 10 minutes, and it made my table vibrate slightly. my kids didn't hear it but I did, and kept looking outside to see if a truck had parked in front of my house. Which when that happens it does make my house vibrate, especially if it is on, but nada.I didn't record it, as I didn't have my camera with me.
A lot of people have been reporting this type of stuff, some more unusual than others. I don't know what it is? So I don't have answers.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Just search "Strange noise" or "Weird noise/sound" or "rumbling sound/noise" in the search feature, there are pages and pages.

Yes thank you. I did search and I found some similarities on other threads but I didn't want to drown this recent incident in the cobwebs of older incidents at the backend of countless pages where it would get significantly less attention. I wanted to post a new thread for this specific new incident for everyone to see/hear/discuss.

Thanks for your concern though I will probably add this video to thoses posts as well for those who frequent those posts for updates.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Same sound I hear some in SC. The sound is a low vibrational hum and sounds just like your video OP. I can feel the vibration when I hear the sound. Do you feel the vibrations also?

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It sounds like very fast moving wind but the thing is theres no wind. is is "the hum"?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

No, I haven't seen any of those heavy equipment anywhere and I made sure this wasn't a "miss ID" of something simple. The last thing I wanted was to record this post it for it to be a "no duh" miss Id.

Having said that the noise went on for about an hour. Started ar roughly 9:30am and went until 10:30am colorado time.

This is an isolated incident I haven't heard anything like this that lasted this long in all the years I have lived here.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You asked if someone had heard something similar somewhere else?

So if you already knew they had, why ask?

I'm not trying to be a dick I'm merely pointing out that this is a global phenomenon and many people have heard similar things, all I did was provide you links where people discuss hearing similar things, but if you already knew that.... then why ask?

I'm confused?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
whoa...that's pretty creepy.

What I don't understand is on some of the videos that have been on here (not yours) but the ones that sound like huge ships colliding with one another..no one else hears it except the person doing the video. I mean some of sounds are incredible..where are all the people wondering what it was they were hearing? You can't say all of them were inside..i mean what about all the people walking around to and from their cars or just out walking.

Some of them I have to discredit only because no one else came forward. I mean if I heard a sound like huge metal ships sliding past one another I would be running to my neighbors for them to come out and confirm I'm sane and they actually hear the noise too.

What about the bursting/banging sounds...NO one else heard these? All of this is crazy..I don't know what to believe.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I live NW of Boulder about 15 miles as the crow flies and I heard it sometime last night or early this morning. It was still dark. It went on and on and on. Sounded just like this. Thought it was a plane but because of the length of time, it was obviously something else. But what? I thought about getting up to go outside and listen to it but I knew it would be the same version only louder. It was also freezing. Then last night I heard and felt, once again, the strange whirring/rumbling noise as if there really was some underground tunneling. Another friend in the mountains has heard that rumbling frequently also. THAT was so bad once it was hurting my ears like being next to a car with the bass too loud.

So, yeah, you're not alone on this one. I'm thinking if it wasn't a stealth craft (heh) maybe something atmospheric? Thunder is air crashing back together - why couldn't some disturbance create this sound. Will we ever know?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You nailed it OP, that is the exact noise I have been hearing. I have made some recordings myself but none have come out as good as your video. I would really, really like to know wtf it is. I have heard it at least 7 times now here in MI over the past 6 months. It is definitely strange and I can also feel the vibration as the sound comes and goes. I don't feel it is related to fracking either, its coming from above in the sky not on the ground.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They are building additions to the underground tunnel at DIA

Seriously, I have heard that same sound (with vibration) here in western VA. I have never been able to pick up the sound well enough to post what I hear with my crappy equipment, but that is it.

I also have a very low humming noise that I can hear as well as feel (different from this sound)...I have yet to hear that on any audio/video of the strange sounds. I honestly think it is so low of a sound it would be almost impossible to record it.

I only wish I knew what caused these strange sounds. That is the mystery I would like to get to the bottom of - because its def something causing all these different sounds, but what?.......

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Also would like to add something odd that happened that may or may not have anything to do with a possible (unseen?) craft. I was sitting on my deck a couple months ago during the beginning of a thunderstorm - getting ready to head in. Lightning struck the clouds almost above us and we heard a giant metallic sound like it had hit something very large up there - I mean very large. There was sort of a gong effect. My friend and I looked at each other like What Was That! Weird. So my connection is possibly there's some unseen military craft flying around. Testing? What would make that metallic sound?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I love the way Mother Earth sounds when she is about ready to say hello to the human race!

Why wouldn't the Earth make noise? I used to think this was the sound of a jet-blaster crop duster, but now I do not, not after reviewing so many incidences of this "identical", "exact" sound! Even the undulating sound of it!

My hair would have stood on end! Actually it did and I am not even there! LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Do you know if there are any rocket test pads around your area, or any engine test areas? I was just watching how they used to do those rocket burns for NASA's shuttle external booster. Do you have any nearby?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

is it possible that there digging underground there if some of you could feel a vibration aswell ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join