It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is a Big Thanks for taking the time to share. The recording contributes to the sum total of the
other sounds around the world that we can ALL be listening for. The quality of the audio is very
good, once you put the camera down.

The suggestions of what could be causing the sound are very good ones. I would vote for under-
ground mining or tunneling but then your suggestion that it came from the sky conflicts with those
ideas. You mentioned that it was cold outside. Perhaps there was a temperature inversion layerer
present in the atmosphere. Whereas normally sounds like this may be transmitted away from
the earth and high into the atmosphere; the inversion layer was much denser higher up and the
Sound Waves Reflected back down to ground level. If a very large Cargo Plane was at the
airport ON the runway for 1 hour with its engines running maybe the sound from that reflected down-
ward to your house. Just a thought.

In summary: maybe a temperature inversion layer reflected the sound of a large aircraft/heavy
machinery from another location....
edit on 20-10-2011 by SeekerDave007 because: text formatting

edit on 20-10-2011 by SeekerDave007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why does no one ever go drive around to look for the source?

link   
I've a couple of ideas (Note just ideas).

!.) Possibly a sound bounce from another location. For instance we lived some distance from a race car facility. Occasionally the sound would bounce from their to our home, yet could not be heard miles in between.

2.) If there are railroad's nearby, possibly they are replacing track sections and the machinery sometimes sounds like jet engines. Happened here this past summer.

3.) The military now has the ability to cloak aircraft, ground vehicles, and ships. It isn't a perfect technology but a possibility. If this happens again and you can get your hands on a green laser, you can sweep the sky with the laser and if there is a cloaked vehicle, it will likely sparkle or reflect the laser. We accidentally discovered a cloaked aircraft some years ago with a green laser.

4.) - There is pulverizing equipment that breaks up concrete with sound waves. They use it to break up highways built of concrete. The vibrators are computer controlled, and the one I heard had a sound not much different from that in your video.

Best of luck.

link   
Taking into consideration the area with all the military activity, it could be a cloaked alien ship monitoring our defenses. The military could be in the area trying to determine what it could be. Call me a crackpot! But remember, we are on a conspiracy website folks…

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm in the AF and to me it sounds like high altitude, high G turns. I'm by no means an expert in all things aviation....however I've been around it professionally for the last 21 years. I've heard sounds just like this at many bases around the world. The place where I heard exactly what you have recorded was at Edwards AFB about 4 years ago. Thrust vectoring and high g turns at a high altitude (above 15K) will make virtually the same sound. And...anything above 12-15K feet it makes it virtually impossible to see fighters flying at just under Mach 1.

So, in summary, my educated guess is a fighter flying maneuvers above your location.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I wonder if this is a white military jet or a bird - really tough to tell.

It is present from 1:08 thru 1:09 of the film.

Very interesting topic!!!!!!
edit on 20-10-2011 by DorianSoran because: inserted the wrong picture

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotspace
I'm in the AF and to me it sounds like high altitude, high G turns. I'm by no means an expert in all things aviation....however I've been around it professionally for the last 21 years. I've heard sounds just like this at many bases around the world. The place where I heard exactly what you have recorded was at Edwards AFB about 4 years ago. Thrust vectoring and high g turns at a high altitude (above 15K) will make virtually the same sound. And...anything above 12-15K feet it makes it virtually impossible to see fighters flying at just under Mach 1.

So, in summary, my educated guess is a fighter flying maneuvers above your location.

Ya know I have been thinking about this more and more and I wonder if high altitude jets could create a "sound vortex" of sorts. I know soundwaves don't travel in a vortex but I'm wondering if multiple jets in a sort of "triangle" positioning in the sky far enough away from eachother could create a multisource amplified jet sound.

For example 3 high altitude 30k+ feet jets, one to the north, one to the east, one to the south. The location of the sound/observer is somewhat equidistance or center of all three jet locations. The sound heard from the observers perspective is then amplified and distorted from layering jet engine sounds.

This could explain the amplitude and somewhat distorted jet engine sound I heard. However I clearly remeber virtually no jets in the sky within hearing distance. There were maybe 1 or 2 jets 30k+ feet probably 30+ miles away....but as far as overheard or close to overhead I saw none. I realize the sound lags and at 30k+ feet in the air it would take ~30 to 35 seconds to hear the sound of the jet. Cruze speed is ~550mph covering a distance of just a few miles in that time.

The nagging problems I have with this idea is the sound was pretty consistent for over an hour. (im sorry I realize you have to take my word for it on how long the sound actually was) I wish I could have recorded more. I am totaly open to the sound being that of a "jet" or "jets" somewhere that I couldn't see 30k+ feet in the air but its still odd for how long and consistent the sounds were.

The 1:25 to 1:40 mark in the video the sound gets pretty loud and almost has a low whistle to it at times.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
these strange noise threads are kinda creepy and i cant even come up with an unrealistic answer as to what/how/why??

ps if anyone ever has this happen instead of making a long video/recording from one location could you please send 4 people out on bikes to 4 compass points and see if it gets louder in an attempt to isolate the source.

untill i see more evidence im gonna stick with i have no clue but im leaning towards some kinda smart phone/internet prank.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I thought I heard this last night too, I live in Portland Oregon, It woke me up, I got out of bed..but it just turned out to be a street sweeper.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Taking into consideration the area with all the military activity, it could be a cloaked alien ship monitoring our defenses. The military could be in the area trying to determine what it could be. Call me a crackpot! But remember, we are on a conspiracy website folks…

You might be on to something. With the record amount of ufo activity in recent months, maybe the military was circling a cloaked ufo for that length of time. Sounds crazy, but why else would jets be in the same area for that length of time. I'm no expert but it sounds like afterburners were being used a lot as well. Sure there is the chance of military exercises, but the op would have been familiar with that kind of activity in the past. We are living in very strange times, best to keep an open mind about things.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it sounds man made. There's very little variance in it, nature has variance in everything. Could be a jet circling out of your view range, could be some sort of prototype aircraft.

It could be someone doing some spirited test flight maneuvers out of your view range.

With the amount of new aircraft coming out and being hinted at, that sounds likely to me.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerDave007
Perhaps there was a temperature inversion layerer
present in the atmosphere. Whereas normally sounds like this may be transmitted away from
the earth and high into the atmosphere; the inversion layer was much denser higher up and the
Sound Waves Reflected back down to ground level. If a very large Cargo Plane was at the
airport ON the runway for 1 hour with its engines running maybe the sound from that reflected down-
ward to your house. Just a thought.

In summary: maybe a temperature inversion layer reflected the sound of a large aircraft/heavy
machinery from another location....
edit on 20-10-2011 by SeekerDave007 because: text formatting

edit on 20-10-2011 by SeekerDave007 because: (no reason given)

One problem with that theory is the sound recordings all contain some pretty low frequencies, when a spectrograph of the sound file is created. And you don't have to see the low frequencies on spectro: you can hear it plainly, just like in the Florida video. So if you can explain to me how 20 to 30 Hz (and lower, but not recorded cause of microphone limitation of 20 Hz) can bounce off any part of the atmosphere, including clouds, I would be most appreciative. Keep in mind 20 Hz will go straight through brick and concrete, no problemo. Could cloud condensation reflect enough sound energy back down to earth to be heard like what is on that video?

I'd say no way. But even if it could, clouds move. And so the reflections would change, causing changes in the sound more frequently than is heard on tape. The sound on tape is too constant and unwavering when it happens for it to be that, imo.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The4thLegacy
I thought I heard this last night too, I live in Portland Oregon, It woke me up, I got out of bed..but it just turned out to be a street sweeper.

I have heard these sounds before myself. When you do especially when you live in the middle of nowhere you will KNOW you heard it. Not just think. The only other possible things this could be with known explanations are fighter jets, or a tornado.

And I don't see either in this video. Especially not for an hour of time as the OP states.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Slyone , sounds exactly like a Jet. It may not be , however , i know the wind carries sound from a long distance , and you could have Hot and Cold air collapsing above you creating a wind vortex that swirls bringing the air that is above you down to you.

Ever noticed sometimes you see a jet directly above you a few miles and you dont hear it , and other times you look up and you see a spec and get the slight jet noise?

Thats what it could be , didnt sound like a military aircraft though , probably a air liner.

The noises that i have heard on youtube sound like metal that is being bent , though , it would be very interesting to hear that noise .... id probably drop to my knees and beg the good lord not to eat me

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

Yep, that's our mystery noise. Good eye! I completely missed that in the video.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Idk sounds like rolling thunder to me. I believe there is a scientific name for this particular phenomenon where it just constantly rolls but I can't quite recall it. Sound can travel very far on flat empty terrain like that and at 3:13 you pan over to the left and there does appear to be storm clouds in the distance over a distant mountain.. "Rolling thunder occurs either as a result of the time difference between sounds from the far and near end of a flash, or when mountains, layers of air, or other obstructions cause reverberations."

Could also be a host of other mundane explanations like others have pointed out, someone above even highlighted possible jets, etc. But anything that's not the "tptb" or "aliens" or "underground bases" seems to get ignored on this site these days..

Why not send it to a meteorologist or weather website/forum first and get their opinion first, or find out if there was any military jets in the area at the time, rather than just ask a bunch of bias conspiracy theorists with no actual expertise? :/
edit on 20-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

So many people have heard this and speculated on it, in my opinion it could be anything but to me it sounds like its coming from the sky, and since I live in a dense population, I seriously doubt its the result of fracking machines.

The first time me and my friends heard it at night we all went out side to see what the hell was going on because it sounded like a jet that was just hovering for over an hour. Upon exiting the home, we saw it was a clear night, no jets (that we could see) no helicopters, only one odd cloud lingering.

The sound was like a low rumbling humming type of noise, and the strangest thing is its consistency in strength, volume, and location. We were all speculating rational reasons for this sound, when just as suddenly as it started it just stopped. Almost like someone just flipped a switch.

That was over a year ago, and we now hear this sound almost every night, at around the same time, and for the same duration. Doing internet searches show that people all over the world have been experiencing similar sounds, and are just as puzzled.

To me that is proof enough that this isnt easily explained by some local machinery, or testing going on. Whatever it is, it sounds monstrous.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I'm on the east coast S.C where are you? I ask because what I hear here is a sound that is similar to the op's but I'm close to an air station and can identify the sounds as jets starting up on the tarmac.I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary(i want to)but I did hear of the booming sounds in Charleston and Savannah a couple of weeks ago.So just give me a general direction of where your at so we can keep a log for our area...thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Sly1one

I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it sounds man made. There's very little variance in it, nature has variance in everything. Could be a jet circling out of your view range, could be some sort of prototype aircraft.

It could be someone doing some spirited test flight maneuvers out of your view range.

With the amount of new aircraft coming out and being hinted at, that sounds likely to me.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

I agree, whatever it is it doesnt sound like a naturally occurring event. There is no ebb and flow. Whether its man made or made by something otherworldly we can only wonder.

My first impulse was maybe some sort of stealth harrier style jet that can hover, and maybe even cloak itself.

Or maybe its the giant cloaked ET ships....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So did anybody reveal the source of this sound yet?

I just wanted to say, I used to hear these sounds late at night in Woodland Park, CO. That was back in 2008. Before the loud rumbling noise threads started to surface on ATS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join