It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Are they doing fracing in the area? If so, there are seismic trucks that vibrate the ground in search of more natural gas. They make quite a bit of noise and vibrate the surrounding area.

Here is a pic of a large one, smaller ones also work in tandem. They are usually white in color.

Interesting point really! I have read/seen videos of other places in the world having this sound but didn't correlate it to hydraulic fracturing. I have never heard this sound or anything like it in my life.

Have you researched this sound being linked to fracking activity going on nearby where these sounds were heard, or read that someone confirmed it is going on nearby?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I usually don't post but I had to with this subject. I grew up in Missouri near an underground rock quarry. This sounds just like what I have heard for years at night when the surrouding noise from daily activities doesn't block it out. Remember below ground you don't know day from dark and they would work 24 hours a day. I would lay my head down on my pillow and hear this sound all night. And yes it does fluctuate with position and density of the rock being excavated. Good post

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
Is the clicking part of the sound? Or is that the lens cover hitting the camera?

that clicking is actually the camera's hand strap thing hitting the side of the camera.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Okay I have 2 theories : I know it's just mid October but is it possible a ski mountain
which might be located by you could be blowing snow in the mountains?

Or NASA's GIANT Cloud Machine

Did you experience any storms or rain after hearing the noise?

I know this has been posted here on ATS before but it is so much like the sound
please can someone embed the video for me.

TY

Nasas Giant Cloud Machine

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by nusnus

The sounds last WAY too long, yes. 10,15,20 minutes

Also, the planes (IF they are commercial) are flying a whole lot lower than the commercial planes used to.

It is VERY loud and goes on for an abnormal length of time.

The answer MIGHT be in atmospheric phenomenon. Invisible haze. Inversion layer but jet noises during a period of inversion layer never sounded this length of time.

Thats what is hanging me up on any logical explination...this sound continued on for a full hour before it stopped. I wish I could have recorded longer on the camera but I didn't have the room on my mem-card. I took all the pics and video off yesterday so if I hear the sound again I can record for 30 mins on an empty card.

Anyway I agree with you the sound lasted too long to have traditional explination.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Good video op best representation I have seen thus far of the sound. I have been hearing the same thing from time to time over the last 7 months or so here in NW Ohio. In person its much louder then in the video, as i'm sure it was in your case to. The sound is very odd like a very loud low flying plane. It has drawn me out of the house a few times wondering what the stupid plane was doing only to see none. But like in your video it get loud then fades and keeps doing that for some time. I one time even climbed a old TV tower to get a better vantage point. Wanted to be sure it wasn't a plane just out of view. When I did all I saw was clear blue skies in all directions. Very very odd hope we can one day soon pin down the source of this sound.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dyvfd

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Interesting thing is the direction I head the noise coming from doesn't seem to have any fracking locations within 100+ miles. I don't know how far fracking can be heard?

That website doesn't show all of them. I have to guess roughly where you're located (I'm in Denver). I can tell you that there was a well drilled, that should be in completion stage, probably roughly NW of you.

The noise I hear from your video sounds a lot like the flare stack either while drilling (underbalanced) or during completions. It's a constant "jet" noise as they burn off millions of cubic feet of gas and can go on for hours or days. I've been close enough to them that the noise is deafening. It does sound similar to that and I can see on the mostly prairie land of Colorado the noise traveling a great distance. That doesn't mean that's what it is, but it's possible it's drilling related.

I'll look and see if I have a video from the flares I've been around. Pretty intense to be standing under a 75-100' flame in -60F weather and having the ground steam around you.

Thanks for the response. I have been asking around if anyone knew of any "fracking" going on in the area around me so far nothing but I'ts definately a viable reason for the noise.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Listen to this sound of a large gas well being fraced.

www.youtube.com...

It sounds incredibly like the OP's recording. Everyone on the site is using ear protection.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
There is no metalic/metal sounds in this one like some of the others, to be honest until i hear it for myself then i am just going to assume a lot of you are jumping on the band wagon about hearing these "sounds" and are more than likely lying that you have heard them. Not meaning you OP i am not sure about you but some of the others that post there "noise stories" just make me annoyed.... Anyway i will stay skeptical about the situation dont think we will get any answers though. Its just a lot videos have metal kind of sounds and some dont. Whats that all about.

I was actually on the SAME page as you before I heard this sound the other morning. So I know where your coming from and I thought this "phenomena" was bordering mass hysteria in a sense that people want to be a "part of something big" and if "hearing noises" was it, then by golly they were going to hear noises...So I KNOW exactly what you are saying...

Having said that, I was initially unconcerned with what I thought was something mundane that over-time turned out to be something I couldn't explain and didn't seem to fit any of the traditional explinations I was coming up with. So I recorded and brought it here to "contribute" what I could to the discussion regarding unknown/unexplained noises people have been hearing.

There are several explinations that seem perfectly viable to me such as the fracking/pressure release option, an exercise of some sort on the DoD land to the north etc...

I personally don't believe it was actually a "jet"...I hear those far too often to get it confused for over an hour...This was different in behavior of "jet" sounds I have ever heard in my area...

Thanks for your input!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Didn't hear the noise yesterday, but did hear it this morning about 30 min ago while I was walking from my truck to my place of work. I work fairly close to I-25 and thought it was just traffic on the highway. But I remembred passing over I-25 the traffic was at a stand still. No whistle just a really low rumble. Sounds very close to that video taken in Florida a few months back.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by archetype_one
reply to post by Sly1one

You said you live near an airport. Performing extended engine runs to op-test components is a common occurrence at airports where any routine maintenance is performed. I know there's an air base in that area - likely just an engine run on a transient aircraft that had a mechanical issue.

Thanks for the reply however I don't live "near an aiport" as much as I live "in the landing path" of one. The actual air-port is probably 20-25 miles away due east of the video location. The noise was coming from the northwest.

Aircraft coming into land come in from west to east at the pueblo air-port. We get UFO sighting alot around here because people don't know how to be patient and identify an aircraft that is circling around for landing. Their landing lights and forward lights can be very bright on approach.

Also if extended engine runs are "common occurance" I should have, would have heard this for a while now as Ive lived in/around here for 10+ years.

thanks for they reply

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by archetype_one
reply to post by Sly1one

You said you live near an airport. Performing extended engine runs to op-test components is a common occurrence at airports where any routine maintenance is performed. I know there's an air base in that area - likely just an engine run on a transient aircraft that had a mechanical issue.

But living near an airbase that commonly runs engine tests, would produce commonly identified and often heard sounds wouldn't it?

Therefore, the OP would have heard these before (from commonly run engine tests), and wouldn't think them to be strange. Certainly not strange enough to make a thread about them i wouldn't have thought.

If i lived next to a steel works, and regularly heard loud metallic hammering and bangs, i wouldn't be puzzled everytime i heard loud metallic hammering and banging would i, the same is true of people who live near to rocket testing bases and airports and military bases.

Thanks for the reply! Took the words right out of my mouth!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Heard the sound on 10/17/2011 in Albuquerque, NM. Happened after dark though. I thought it was a plane too at first until it kept up. When I went outside to see if I could find anything, there were no planes.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
reply to post by Sly1one

I live near Nashville Intn` airport and that sounds like a military fighter that may have been in the area. I love it when when we have a couple of F-15`s or F/A-18s fly in because its almost like they want to announce to the city "Here we are" and that afterburner sound does travel. On time a 4 ship of Eagles came in to refuel and when they took off i could hear them for a good 20 min after i lost sight, but the temperature was around 40F something so i figured sound travels further or the dense air carries sound better when its cold. What the Temp. up there in Colorado?

I`m not saying for sure thats what it was, if you live near an airport I`ll trust your judgement, because i`m sure you know what an F-15 sounds like in full afterburner, theres a couple of AFBs up there right?

Ya we have a lot of military activity flying through this area and I can always identify it. Springs just got in some Apaches and they fly around alot over here doing god knows what. I see AC130's and Galaxies coming in for landing daily and oddly enough I saw a few Ospreys the other day. Im normalized to air-craft and the sounds they make.

The temp at the time of the sound was probably I would say ~35 to 40F.

I'm not saying I could be wrong I always try to leave that door open simply because I know i'm not perfect but there was a few characteristics of this sound and its behavior that was nothing like I have ever heard from air-craft, even though it did sound like a Jet engine of some sort, but then again at times it didn't...it was kinda odd like that.

thanks for the input!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here are some more links on fracking and apparently the operations do not have to disclose start up dates to the public, imagine that!

www.achp.gov...
summitcountyvoice.com...
Link

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i live in denver metro - south.
i heard this sound at around 0430 and it just went on and on.
probably repairing the underground tunnels that were allegedly blown up under trinidad causing the 5.4 quake. lol!

btw - as far as i know they only frac on the western slope.
edit on 20-10-2011 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by blupblup

I have to agree with you blup, many of those threads the people have worked really hard on for weeks, if not months. A lot of the threads are asking for sounds similar or the same, and one guy has spend so much time making a map of the sounds in the US. Im not trying to be a trol either, been following some of them for months (only new to posting, been following here for 3+ yrs), so why ask the question and not add to those threads. Cant keep track if people keep making new threads on the same topic.

Back to the topic, the sound is good, hear it very well OP, much like the others I've listened to though

Someone earlier posted a response that explained pretty well why these "strange-noises" get "new threads".

Every new "UFO" sighting or "new unexplained event" doesn't get thrown under the "UFO" or "unexplained event" rug because its a new event and as such gets its own thread to discuss in particular "that event". It keeps the topic "fresh" and keeps it from getting muddled/mixed together with "other incidents" on the same thread.

I know the strange noise threads may "seem" redundant but I can also see the reasoning behind making a seperate thread for seperate incidents.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Wow, that's the same sound I've been hearing off an on here in Central NY for months. Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As I briefly skimmed through this thread to see if anyone mentioned it, no one appeared to have noticed the UFO beginning at 1:08 in the posters video. A jet? Case closed? The only thing strange is that in the frames that you do see it, it vanishes without leaving the camera view.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It could be a cloaked ship. I noticed the open field there. I would have picked up some rocks, and started throwing them into the field/air to see if they would hit something. I guess the big question to ask, is what would you do if you did hit something? Time to run to the shed and grab some cans of paint! Can you imagine it?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join